NOC OC NOC GAME OVER - Now Despair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well this is why our faction inspect goes for either walrein or martin. Inb4texaswastedhisoneshot and makes this not doable
then again it's almost certain that wolf as they do in almost every game to have some sort of investigation immunity and/or godfather where they show up as town so that isn't a clear indicator either. hmm

What a coincidence that someone that claimed to clear a alleged "neutral" just so happens to get townie results in addition to essentially doing nothing on n1.
this is the same guy who diehard lurked for 2 days in a row. He even posted to say that he was lurking..

I'm not inactive, I just honestly have nothing to say. I'll contribute more tomorrow, but I'm just waiting for something to pop up on my end before I start doing anything. It's only the second day.

You'll hear more from me on the third day.

Haruno

this is the same guy who diehard lurked for 2 days in a row. He even posted to say that he was lurking..
walrein + whydon + martin as neutral faction?

Whydon inspect night 1: literally retarded because him claiming to have copped walrein is both unprovable and a very fucking easy claim to make when your target is dead.
Whydon inspect night 2: if we as village collectively agree with whydon being our actual faction checker, then him saying this would make martin seem much better and more believable as a towny. More on that later
Whydon inspect night 3: there is none because yknow lol night skip.

This if anything would be more of a sign for martin + whydon + walrein as a neutral faction because if you think about it, whydon has no results, did no actual checking and more importantly makes martin seem worse and worse. Again, it's fucking retarded that you all believe that his actions were "town aligned" when he hasn't done anything of the sort assuming he's a neutral.

day 2:
Reviving walrein: Recruiting a dead player that's confirmed town and turning him into a neutral???? This gives him far more say and walrein can easily cover his ass. Notice how walrein has been avoiding nearly all discussion on martin up till now.

day 3:
Lynch redirect on pancake: I initially thought that this was a day kill on pancake but I realize that was wrong looking at the results because in case it wasn't obvious, the lynch target didn't get lynched and instead only pancake died so what happened was either a lynch redirect or the lynch stopped + pancake got daykilled. Regardless of which of the two it was, it's definitely not good for village because as opposed to lynching off who was presumed scum at the time, that person was saved and a non martin aligned neutral got offed instead. Also the fact that martin decided to wait until the last few minutes before DL to stealth makes this even more offputting.

Also I will make a special note for LightWolf here. Assuming his role is legit since i'm unable to c/d anything about it except myself idling for the last 2 nights. WHY THE FUCK WOULD PANCAKE IDLE?????????????????????????????? Assuming his role pm is legit, he absolutely has to make a night action every night and idling for two nights straight is very counterproductive to his wincon. So I believe that it is also possible that pancake's role pm got doctored since we already have a janitor in this game, it isn't farfetched to assume that roles could be janitored. So unless someone can give me a very fucking good explanation on why pancake would idle, I'm calling bullshit on this.

Night skip: Let's be real now. This is not good for village. Yes you can say this potentially hurt mafia by denying them night actions, however it is far more damning for village because we can no longer do things that would help us hunt for more scum because yknow all our actions don't work by default. Again he gave no indicator he could/would skip night phase and seeing as how harmful it was for us since day 4 is essentially day 3 again, we're even further back than we were before.

So overall, I am thinking that martin is definitely looking worse since he's not even providing a defense besides "lynching me gives village no info hurrdurr," "I am town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stfu scrubs!!!!!!!!!" etc. So I'd like us to look at these actions and think very carefully on what we want to do.

I swear to fucking god i am just auto voting for anyone that thinks a lynch redirector + night skip + revival isn't broken as fuck and that a villager has this because no fucking role we've seen to date has anything near as gamebreaking as this.

Haruno

Do you have any comments or thoughts on the lynch of Knights or other possible scum possibly outed either by lightwolf's role or my vote counting?
knights i agree with due to stupid day 3/4. He's almost certainly scum hence the vote on him. So he's definitely our lynch today, I find it possible that martin might've saved him day 3 with his lynch redirect since it gives him a get out of jail free pass since we're almost certainly going with knights again this cycle. So it's possible that knights is scum while martin himself is neutral and he's literally just letting him get lynched instead of him (note how everytime i brought up martin being a neutral his primary defense was "u get no info from killing me and u get a lot from going for knights!!!!!!!!!") I feel that although knights is likely scum, martin is just doing this to try and make himself look better to town since his actions are suspicious as fuck. Also I'd like to note that the lynch redirect + night skip were two seperate actions so the night skip was specifically to ensure that we'd stay on knights. I'm not saying knights isn't scum, I'm saying however that you all better look at the damning evidence against martin since I refuse to lose to a neutral faction again.

LW i can't really deny. Although the ability seems very out of place. There aren't any clear discrepancies except for pancake. The knights not idling was what got him fucked in the first place and knights hasn't provided a solid defense so i can believe that his tell on knights is legit. Unfortunately we haven't really explored the other lies if there were any (havent read the last 5-10 pages so forgive me if that was done already). And I can say that I personally have idled the first two days so it seems credible. The only thing odd is the role itself existing but seeing as how it seems to have undeniable results, I kinda have to believe it.

Haruno

I think i get the point of the "public inspect" now assuming it's not village aligned. If it's owned by scum as we presumed since no one claimed a pub inspect/announce and the other one (asek) being dead, then what I think their mentality on it is similar to what I think whydon tried to do with his results since I think he could be a neutral faction checker (if not better) was to try and make the pub announce credible by using some legit results initially (see him "cleaning texas" day 2) and then there's day 3 (LW being not village which is still possible by his own admission since idle checker is NAI) so he could at will pick and choose people to take the fall instead of neutral/his own faction. If it's a public inspection then this is easier by his ability to go for scum with this and divert discussion away from neutrals/scums whichever he's on but it's more likely neutrals because of martin having a potential recruit. IF if isn't a public inspect and instead a public announce, then he could honestly say whatever the hell he wants and I assume in later cycles he'd do this on his buddies to make sure that they're "cleaned" so we won't suspect them and later on getting fucked.

That's my thoughts anyways and I'm surprised I didn't think of this sooner and why no one thought of this.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My primary defense was that because I have no other defense to make. I justified my actions in #1190 and that is literally as far as I can physically go in terms of defense beyond stating repeatedly that I am town. Also nice touch with the "last minute stealth" thing because last time I checked there was still a full day before the deadline when I used my ability. You want to know how I can further justify it? I was bored and wanted to mess around with my cool-sounding ability and didn't know how else I wanted to use it while being reluctant to reveal my role before actually using it due to the fact that revealing something that strong leaves me vulnerable to mafia attacks. This whole recruit and doctor argument is a strawman and, as Texas said, goes against Occam's razor in the respect that there is literally no evidence at all to support either statement--not to mention that no matter how many times you cry wolf it doesn't change the fact that in literally any alignment at all it is just blatantly insane to give an already-op role even more utility. Like, seriously are you listening to yourself with how ludicrous that is? I completely understand why the wolf assumption is there but jesus fuck you are blowing the "maybes" so immensely out of proportion that entertaining some of these possibilities is just ludicrous.

If, and only if, Pancake's role was doctored, it has absolutely nothing to do with me. The recruit thing is another completely baseless accusation on the basis that you look at my role and realise how idiotically busted that'd be even on a wolf.

That said, me calling out how idiotic and blown-out-of-proportion some of these claims are isn't exactly something I've not already said at this point so if people are going to blatantly ignore me saying it then I don't see why reitterating it with an additional statement saying that the recruit accusations are also ludicrous is going to do fuck all.

Haruno

Who else would be able to doctor pancake's role pm? Again no one is suspecting anything of a fucking day action. Also everyone take note of how martin has never ever explained/defended and mostly avoided my mentions of how he stealthed his last 2 actions which were super unnecessary because publicly saying I HAVE A NIGHT SKIP + LYNCH REDIRECT means jack shit when no one can stop your day abilities anyways. So the fact that you've avoided discussing it + stealthed it is more of a sign to be suspicious. I don't see how you can say there are no signs of suspicious activity when there is reason to be suspicious though xd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)