SM OU I need help MAKING a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, everyone thinks they are too good to help those who can't even get started. How am I gonna get help when the requirements state I have to PROVIDE info on each Pokemon? Um, I don't even have any idea what I want to use because I lose so much that nothing is appealing to me.

And I'm sure this'll be closed because as always, nobody wants to help...

I know how you feel but you should give us a team you want to try even if its not good because people will show you whats wrong, but the fromula I use is
1 Physical Sweeper
1 Special Sweeper
3 "Utility" Pokemon (Pokemon that can do more than one thing, Sweep, Tank, Lead etc)
1 Wall
Hope this helped a little bit

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd recommend lurking.

No, for real - whenever I've tried to pick up a new metagame, the first thing I do is just read random threads in the metagame's forum for days trying to get a feel for what's good and what's bad, then eventually ask other players directly for help building teams. I understand it's a lot different in my case than yours, since I've been playing forever, but I can also apply this to League of Legends - I'd have literally no idea what I'm doing in that game if I didn't read up on it a ton (ignoring the fact that I'm still pretty bad, that's my total lack of mechanics and micro understanding). I've never found guides particularly useful apart from the really old school Smogdex analyses, I'd rather read raw discussion and see multiple people post their opinions.

If after reading up on how other people see the game, you're still totally lost, I suggest you check out the Battling 101 forum and consider signing up for tutoring. Also feel free to send me a message here or on Pokemon Showdown if you have any questions! If you're willing to be sucked into Doubles OU that's cool too

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, this forum is for rating teams and not for requesting teambuilding advice. Please only post completed teams here and read the RMT rules carefully before doing so. The OU forum contains plenty of threads and projects to help you with teambuilding, and the strategy dex is another useful resource you can check out. As Arcticblast has stated, you can also check out the Battling 101 forum and sign up for the tutoring programme to work closely with experienced tutors and improve your skills and knowledge of the metagame in the process. If you need any help with finding what you're looking for don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)