Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Hello! I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, since there used to be a thread in Inside Scoop for this kind of stuff before but it no longer exists for whatever reason, but here it goes:

Today, during a SPL ADV game between Triangles and undisputed, Porygon2 was able to effectively Trace Intimidate and lower Salamence's Attack stat (happens in Turn 9 of the replay). As it is known, this is not how the mechanic works in Gen 3, and Porygon2 shouldn't be able to lower Salamence's Attack stat by tracing its ability.

Thank you for the attention in advance.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hello! I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, since there used to be a thread in Inside Scoop for this kind of stuff before but it no longer exists for whatever reason, but here it goes:

Today, during a SPL ADV game between Triangles and undisputed, Porygon2 was able to effectively Trace Intimidate and lower Salamence's Attack stat (happens in Turn 9 of the replay). As it is known, this is not how the mechanic works in Gen 3, and Porygon2 shouldn't be able to lower Salamence's Attack stat by tracing its ability.

Strange, I can't duplicate this bug on main http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-535647215 Possibly the code on smogtours is out-of-date?

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader

Strange, I can't duplicate this bug on main http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-535647215 Possibly the code on smogtours is out-of-date?
Actually, SmogTours is ahead since it was restarted 2 days ago. Unfortunately, Trace was broken in all gens just before that. I've fixed it and hopefully it'll be live as soon as Zarel sees my message. Thanks for reporting!

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
I think it's telling you you can only have one Pokemon with Baton Pass, but I'm not sure.
Ah I never would've guessed; The problem is it spams it like that as much as possible, so that's why I posted it.

I also found another visual bug; Apparently, in gen 6, when you transform with ditto, the sprite Ditto gets is small. Might just be with Pinsir, I'm not sure.

Screenshot (193).png

Trick room (or speed in general) not working for me earlier, as shown in the replay.
Turn 6: Oranguru sets trick room.
Turn 8: Drampa (dank), under trick room, uses hyper voice before oranguru, demonstrating that it is slower.
Turn 11: Drampa, no longer under trick room (which dissipated turn 10), moves ahead of oranguru.

Replay is here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-536656159

This doesn't match any effect that I know of, so I thought it should be reported. Is this a glitch, or is there a little known pokemon rule I'm unaware of?

Attachments

Trick room (or speed in general) not working for me earlier, as shown in the replay.
Turn 6: Oranguru sets trick room.
Turn 8: Drampa (dank), under trick room, uses hyper voice before oranguru, demonstrating that it is slower.
Turn 11: Drampa, no longer under trick room (which dissipated turn 10), moves ahead of oranguru.

Replay is here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-536656159

This doesn't match any effect that I know of, so I thought it should be reported. Is this a glitch, or is there a little known pokemon rule I'm unaware of?
Oranguru likely used TR on turn 11 (which has highly negative priority), so drampa outran and killed it before it could attack.

Z-Weather ball is the type of weather conditions
"
Weather Ball is unaffected by Normalize, Pixilate, Refrigerate, and Aerilate. However, it is affected by Ion Deluge (if the move would be Normal-type) and Electrify.

When used as a Z-Move, Weather Ball will be turned into Breakneck Blitz, but then Breakneck Blitz will turn into the Z-Move of the type corresponding to the type Weather Ball would be in that weather. This does not occur if Weather Ball is turned into a Z-Move via another move like Sleep Talk."
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Weather_Ball_(move)

Movements of the first generation not to use yet, I wanted to test z-teleport that recovers life with some pokémons of 1 generation (rby) poké bank

Magmar for exemple has teleport with poke bank http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/126.shtml

Please fix

Last edited:
So a message popped up and told me to report it as a bug - all my team files are empty! I haven't emptied my cookies or caches, and the team names/tabs are still there. They are all just empty. Is there anyting yall can do to save my poor little teams? I miss them, and frankly would rather not have to rebuild 70+ teams from memory.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
So a message popped up and told me to report it as a bug - all my team files are empty! I haven't emptied my cookies or caches, and the team names/tabs are still there. They are all just empty. Is there anyting yall can do to save my poor little teams? I miss them, and frankly would rather not have to rebuild 70+ teams from memory.
Unfortunately, no; We can't save your teams. It's something you did to your computer, not on Showdown's end. Save your teams in a pastebin or text file next time.

so can the mod that deleted my post about disabled outrage not giving struggle and instead giving splash please give an explanation ? smogonnazimodsasalways

On Showdown: When another pokemon uses Petal Dance, while Oricorio is on the field it copies the move. On the next turn, Oricorio is locked into Petal Dance.

In game: When another pokemon uses Petal Dance, while Oricorio is on the field it copies the move. On the next turn, Oricorio is NOT locked into Petal Dance.

Replay showing that it's wrong: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-536979920
Source: Just saw it on a VGC stream

The teambuilder says that a Mr. Mime with technician (hidden ability) and the move metronome, is incompatible in gen 7 OU, even though you can get this combination by transferring it from Gen 1 VC. Not sure if this also affects any other combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)