Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

So instead of every other franchise having to give away a franchise player and first round picks, etc.. Pelicans just have to give away some bench and some picks.

Nice. Way to bargain with your best asset in years.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Marc Gasol did a great job of making an already boring all star game almost unwatchable. I've never seen a guy that big opt for open layups instead of dunks in a regular game, let alone the all star game. then to top it off he starts playing defence in the trash minutes at the end where paul george was gearing up for flashy dunks. like man that dude just doesn't get it

Marc Gasol did a great job of making an already boring all star game almost unwatchable. I've never seen a guy that big opt for open layups instead of dunks in a regular game, let alone the all star game. then to top it off he starts playing defence in the trash minutes at the end where paul george was gearing up for flashy dunks. like man that dude just doesn't get it
Wow, sounds like a performance I can actually respect in that he may have actually cared about playing properly rather than dicking around trying flashy bs. I consider the all star game to be generally unwatchable since all of the players blatantly don't give a shit, if there's no competition it becomes soooo boring. I'd rather watch NBL tbh.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
"In the 2011-12 season the Sacramento Kings had Demarcus Cousins, Isaiah Thomas, Hassan Whiteside & Tyreke Evans. The Kings front-office somehow managed to replace them all with the same (well slightly more injured) Tyreke Evans."

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yet the Kings were worth $535 million in 2013 and are estimated to be worth $925 million today soooooooooo.
Compare that to the average value of inflation of any given NBA franchise and I bet the increase % is markedly lower in value than the majority of them. NBA has become a more global game than ever before in the last 5 years, it's not a surprise that even the worst run franchise in pro sports tied with the Browns has still managed to go up in value.

Well I hope Jim Buss was willing to agree to be ousted by Magic/Jeanie, as I mean if he's a part owner with shares equal to his sister, lawsuits incoming somewhere down the road...of course he could've just been tired of the crap too and opted for a backseat after so many of his failings too. Both kids are pretty lame really and both share as to why the Lakers are so bad now.

And yeah, lol Kings. Surely one of the other co-owners is tired of Rand-whatever's failures as well and is trying to get him out as the day to day guy?

Let's not forget the fact that Jeanie ensured we have no GM 2 DAYS BEFORE THE FUCKING DEADLINE.
naw, apparently we're getting Pelinka and it's basically a done deal (according to Eric Gordon)

And now according to Woj: Lakers are finalizing a multi-year agreement with agent Rob Pelinka as general manager, league sources tell The Vertical. He'll start soon.

Washington wanted to put protections on the pick (also no word if it was for this year), and who knows what Utah was willing to give up. I don't mind the deal at all, we just swapped contracts, but we get a bench warmer to go full-out tank and develop our young players while receiving a late first round pick (that can always move up) in a deep draft.

Stallion

Tree Young
Washington wanted to put protections on the pick (also no word if it was for this year), and who knows what Utah was willing to give up. I don't mind the deal at all, we just swapped contracts, but we get a bench warmer to go full-out tank and develop our young players while receiving a late first round pick (that can always move up) in a deep draft.
And Charlotte? Even a Charlotte pick with protections is better than Houston's without. It's not like Houston's pick will be any better than 25 at best.

And Charlotte? Even a Charlotte pick with protections is better than Houston's without. It's not like Houston's pick will be any better than 25 at best.
I didn't see a report that said Charlotte was willing to include a pick, I only read from Zach Lowe that the Wizards wanted protections on the pick, and he even suggested that the Wiz could send us two second-rounders if they waited closer to the deadline.

lmao Warriors gonna do Calderon dirty by sigining them waiving him to sign Matt Barnes now that KD's injured.
at least they gave him the money instead of just not signing him - classy move

anyways embiid out for season, lowry w/ wrist surgery and kd out for 4 weeks - injuries fucking suck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)