Multifaction/FFA Wayne Bradierest Mafia - Game Over! Postgame Up!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
By request: The Parable of UncleSam's Sexual Sensible Flavor Shop, aka the actually real Walrein incident:

DaLetterEl - Today at 10:18 PM
I don't think enough people
know the story
of UncleSams Sexual i mean Sensible Flavor Shop

Internet - Today at 10:18 PM
:thinking:

DaLetterEl - Today at 10:18 PM
should I type it here
or put it in the postgame thread
or both

Internet - Today at 10:19 PM
both

DaLetterEl - Today at 10:19 PM
k
i'll do it here first then
so as sam mentioned, snype/me/cancerous/aura guardian/winter-delta had an alliance from c0
after much deliberation, snype came up with the name
UncleSam's Sexual Flavor Shop
being by far the best suggestion for our channel name
so we plot and plan for a couple cycles and everything's going fine
then suddenly, winter-delta is no longer in our channel
so Snype checks his PMs
turns out that winter-delta's parents found out that their child was spending time in UncleSam's Sexual Flavor Shop and made her leave

red bird from angry birds - Today at 10:21 PM
i thought
COPPA
already exists
to stop shit like this
smh

DaLetterEl - Today at 10:21 PM
lmao
i mean, UncleSam's Sexual Flavor Shop is pretty risque
I don't know if I'd let my child in there

Internet - Today at 10:23 PM
lol

DaLetterEl - Today at 10:23 PM
anyway, I change the name of the channel to UncleSam's Wonton Emporium and winter-delta eventually gets invited back in
until later that night, we were making some jokes about the whole affair
and Cancerous says "Ain't nothin wrong with spending time in UncleSam's Sensible Flavor Shop"
and I go fuck
that name's so much better
so from that point forth we plotted and planned in UncleSam's Sensible Flavor Shop

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rethought some stuff and reorganized into 2/4/6/6/4/2.

S Tier:

Paperblade
Steven Snype

A Tier:

Aura Guardian
shubaka17
acidphoenix
Pidge

B Tier:

Haruno
Hitmonleet
MoodyCloud
Amelia
shade
Walrein

C Tier:

Cancerous
Blazade
winter-delta
Vanillish Wafer
dogfish44
KnightsOfCydonia

D Tier:

Former Hope
zorbees
Da Letter El
internet

F Tier:

Ditto
pancake

The bottom 3 roles are a pretty big drop off from the rest of the game. zorbees and Former's roles aren't even bad. I'm a strictly stronger mayor which has info-gathering ability. Internet's basically just a mayor. Ditto at least has niche value in being able to boost voting power on a specific cycle it's needed, but it's still worse than a mayor. And the damage boost is almost useless, but I guess adds some utility on the cycles where mayor won't matter. pancake's role sucks because pings barely matter. Also it only pierces SGs, not anything else, which sux.

Fite me.
K

I mean this is obviously pretty close to how I re-tiered things so not too many quibbles. I still think that both shubaka and Pidge's roles are better than Aura Guardian's and in many circumstances better than Pblade's and Snype's (and both obviously have their advantages and disadvantages, it's just a matter of weighing those against one another). I think that at the very least the Tier I and Tier II roles separated themselves from the rest, which is the main thing with those; the rest is mostly personal preference for whether you'd prefer having more late-game power (Snype / PBlade) or early-game tactical capabilities (Pidge / shubaka17). Granted, given average play the former two become stronger most of the time (though are also more susceptible to randing, obviously).

As for B Tier, I agree (obviously) on Haruno, Amelia, MoodyCloud, and Walrein. shade I think is C-tier because 7 HP in True damage per cycle really sucks to deal with, though obviously complete immunity prior to that IS amazing. I think on average enough of your enemies are alive come C3, however, that his role can't be seen as higher than C in terms of odds of winning; in terms of odds of getting close, ya, it's up there, and has a very low floor (obviously way higher than F tier). Hitmonleet I think is no where near B tier; his role (which can't even be cast on himself) is fine, but it has no inherent power and is entirely reliant on allies. The .5 damage blocked heal is nice, sure, but it isn't likely to do that much, and the shield strength being tied to his current HP (rather than max HP) means that if he gets hurt at all his role becomes virtually useless. Hitmonleet seems to me to be near the bottom of C tier, to be honest.

Honestly I think that Blazade should be higher, his role had the potential to deal so much damage, due to how lenient a definition of 'killer' I gave it. He should replace Hitmonleet in B tier. There's no great sixth B tier member and maybe shade should be bottom of B tier, but I think that winter-delta's role is better than shade's; it has a high floor due to inspection immunity, has better teamwork capabilities, and isn't on a clock.

C-tier looks fine out side of that, imo Knights had a slightly stronger role than you're giving him credit for but it's high-end C rather than out of tier.

tl;dr:
S Tier:

Paperblade
shubaka17

A Tier:

Pidge
StevenSnype
acidphoenix
Aura Guardian

B Tier:

Haruno
MoodyCloud
Amelia
Walrein
Blazade
winter-delta

C Tier:

shade
KnightsOfCydonia
Cancerous
Vanillish Wafer
Hitmonleet
dogfish44

D Tier:

Former Hope
zorbees
Da Letter El
internet

F Tier:

pancake
Ditto

tbh I think my role was the one of the most wolf like. It had good HP and great damage when able to do stuff (with a harmful SG on a target, I could do 13 damage solo, 11 of that being true damage) but the issue was that I wasn't really helpful removing anyone that wasn't my target besides through universal actions (or getting a buff) and it was tricky to work with my targets since I would ultimately deal damage to them if I had any universal action that would target them (including shields or buffs).

Yeah I think my role should at least clear last spot of B because even by cycle 1 or 2 there are a lot of killers by that definition and I was capable of dealing a lot of damage without any help or even inquis vig which i can do by myself and would have made things even worse.

Even this game I was apparently pivotal in taking down 2 people.

At one point I was sure I was going to win, so sure that I offered to heal others simply because I could. My hubris got the better of me, and I'm extremely disappointed in both my overconfidence and the fact that I didn't account for the shenanigans about to transpire.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
first off, i'd like to thank big lad unclesam (definitely not yeti) for hosting this game. this game was one of the funnest games to be involved in in recent memory and that is down to generally good game design and good player involvement. to my knowledge only 1 guy properly jammed a win, probably 2 if you count moody winning as jam. so yeah, more of the same in 2017 pls from players / hosts.

when i found out my role, i was pretty worried about how the game was going to progress. without any heals at all i would die naturally by the end of cycle 5, so even sooner if i was going to be attacked. i couldn't let anyone know about me being on a timer, because then i would not be a good candidate to help win! luckily, the upshot of my role is that i could go into the c0 info trades pretty openly, as i knew that for the first 3 cycles i had very little to fear from anyone. my main fear was alliances forming around me and this was one of the reasons i was keen to break the snype/ag alliance. not only could i not naturally win with this pair, this alliance had flexed its muscles early doors with merkings of dogfish44 and walrein. my general game plan was to be up front with everyone and help whoever i could, hopefully being seen as amicable by as many people as possible. this keeps the heat off you pretty nicely and also really improves your chances of being included in game winning plans etc. i think this worked the best with zorbees & FH, sharing enemies and aliases with ppl and also getting attacks / votes on people. i still feel bad for stabbing FH, but zorbees offered me a good deal and it was definitely the right decision to take taking into account my time restrictions (7hp loss & i'm at a wedding friday).

didn't really have much beef with anyone in this game, butted heads with snype a few times about lynching him i guess but that is about it. the initial lynch on wukong was actually because we didn't believe snype swapped enemies with ag (like what was the point??) and we/i wanted to break CN alliance that definitely would end up killing me. the whole lynch was pretty funny because it started off between aubisio / fiora and i was really happy to roll acidphoenix at that point. pancake compounded my vote with the following log where he offers me mysterious 'info' in return for not voting someone i need dead:

[4:25 PM] pancake: bro
[4:25 PM] shade: hello
[4:25 PM] pancake: I'll give you info
[4:25 PM] pancake: if you help me lynch our friend master yi
[4:25 PM] pancake: after I lynch them
[4:25 PM] shade: sounds like a bad deal
[4:26 PM] shade: what info
[4:28 PM] shade: i just voted fiora
[4:28 PM] shade: gonna stay there until convinced otherwise
[4:28 PM] pancake: no info from me
[4:28 PM] pancake: as long as you are voting fiora
[4:28 PM] shade: thats fine
[4:28 PM] pancake: someone you don't need dead and pidge is abusing to get info
[4:29 PM] pancake: pidge is bullshitting everyone by the way,
[4:29 PM] pancake: we have proof he lied about his targets.
[4:29 PM] shade: yea but fiora is acidphoenix who is a cn
[4:29 PM] shade: i dont know shit about master yi except hes 1 of 3 users
[4:29 PM] shade: and u want me to vote him
[4:29 PM] shade: for 'info'
[4:30 PM] pancake: do you agree that there's a neutral in this game?
[4:30 PM] shade: wouldnt make sense to me
[4:30 PM] shade: 24 players
[4:30 PM] shade: 4 alignments
[4:30 PM] shade: 6 on each alignment
[4:30 PM] shade: theres either 0 neuts or 4
[4:31 PM] pancake: there are 25 players
[4:31 PM] pancake: uh
[4:31 PM] pancake: LOL
[4:31 PM] shade: Hosts: UncleSam and Yeti Number of Players: 24

zorbees then sold out the alias wukong as robert ford to me (and i guess acid at the same time because then he suddenly knew) and we agreed to get a wagon going on this instead. i perceived acid to be pretty weak at this point because one of my attacks got redirected onto him c0. snype came to me to try and dissuade me, saying he would vote for any of pblade/acid (darius wasn't know to me at that point). i went to bed and declined, saying the only other CN i would vote now is AG. i woke up and acidphoenix had crumbled under pressure and darius was getting rolled, i essentially called acid a (BAN ME PLEASE) and then the correct lynch was restored. AG dying that cycle was turbo fucking cool and whoever organised that is the boy, acid and i then decided to vote wukong again because we thought he might be crippled and in trouble after the lynch.

concurrently, i was working with FH to decimate ditto / moodycloud. i actually randinspected to get FHs alias c0, but i decided to work with him to kill off our 2 shared enemies because he was a pretty amicable bloke and walrein had already died. i felt like i was in a pretty strong place once we had merked ditto, but the opposing CNs continued to be what i thought would be the stumbling block. luckily my lad zorbees invited me to an alliance of pblade/dle/canc/pidge and himself. once that alliance faded and paperblade died, it transitioned into the final game-winning alliance. i don't think i would have been in the final alliance if i wasn't in the first alliance, so i guess i have zorbees to thank for that. everyone kept thinking i was in a big alliance with some ppl all game, which was weird. once in the final alliance i didn't have to do much other than convince them to chuck a heal my way and once that happened i was home and hosed.

best roles: snype / pblade
worst luck: acid. although acid was like a cockroach no idea how he survived so long
sorry to former hope (although decoying acid was fucking madness)
mvp for me is probably zorbees but i guess thats because he was a bloke i worked with a lot.
i felt i personally had a strong game too, mainly in diplomacy and working with ppl. idk what everyone else thought

idec about whether my role was good, i just wanna thank host for giving me a role that made me less afraid to work with folks, and wincons that meant not everyone was out to kill me. i'm only incredibly paranoid, and this nice and fluid game style works for me a lot better. Also, by being able to actually gather information no matter what was hella, even though i did 0 information actions all game, and relied on zorbees' sheet for anything post C2. apologies to anyone who tried talking with me before i got zorbees' sheet, anything i said was entirely made up bc from my point of view its the jedi who are corrupt even rand attacks benefitted the game, since they'd give me bonus power.

also lol @ the two Tier Is dying in the same cycle bc we couldn't properly work together. i think i told acid i was attacking PB, and i'm not sure if that was to shut acid up or legit. /me shrug

TBH, I would solidly place my role in D Tier. The ability was weak, but it gave me some wiggle room in setting up universal actions, allowing me to go full glass cannon in the first cycle with 25% HP Sacrifice, Attack +2. After that, my win was based in the luck of meeting Acid and Pancake.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't really talk to people due to starting a new class and those I did didn't really want to make deals with me, so couldn't really do much. I liked the idea of my role, just wasn't able to do anything with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)