SM UU Good Lamp

I've always enjoyed UU but am still getting used to the SM meta. Team is kind of built around ninetales-A, chandelure, and mega sharpedo. Here is is!

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

I mostly built this team around chandelure because I love its 3 immunities. Choice scarf means it out speeds most of the tier and can get a good chunk of damage off before it dies. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are both great stabs, and energy ball can surprise water types that try to switch in on you, and absolutely wreck gastrodon and swampert. Trick can cripple setup mons and stall teams by locking them into a single move.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake

A lot of the team has a stealth rock weakness, so I wanted to have hazard control. Levitate also deals with chandelure's ground weakness, and they generally cover each other's weaknesses well. I added roost for longevity, because this team really appreciates its hazard removal. Earthquake is for stab, and U-turn helps the team gain some momentum.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry

Ninetales can help set up aurora veil for its fragile teammates like sharpedo and chandelure. It also helps check the teams dark weakness. Freeze dry provides great unexpected stab, blizzard is a lot of damage even for mons who resist it. Moonblast is just more stab.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

I wanted something that could check and also offensively pressure fairies. I like shuca berry because it means you can survive more ground attacks, and also lets you switch up your moves unlike choice band. Zen headbutt and meteor mash are standard stab, and earthquake lets you damage other steel types. Explosion does a lot of damage and also lets another pokemon switch in for free.

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall

Didn't have any water or dark coverage, and wanted to add those. Sharpedo can also sweep very well with speed boost -> strong jaw. Waterfall and Crunch for standard stab, and protect to get a guaranteed speed boost off. I opt for psychic fangs over ice fang because higher damage, and water/ice is often redundant coverage.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

So this was the most recently added pokemon, and the one I'm least sure of. I had no real answer to stall, so I figured the best why to beat stall was to become stall. Also can absorb toxic/burn for teammates.

AbrarWasee

formerly Train All
Hey man! This team is not so bad. You just need to iron out some kinks. I'll drop in a few suggestions of mine.
  • Firstly, a big change though. Flygon is not that great of a defogger since it doesn't have the bulk to be viable. Yes, it can give you U-turn support but I will always give priority to consistency of a defogger, and I think you will agree. It doesn't have that much of attack to be viable outside of it's Dragon Dance and Choice Scarf sets. So, I'd suggest Latias>Flygon. Latias is a great defogger with better bulk and SpA. It also has Levitate like Flygon. It has reliable recovery in Roost and has a strong stab in Draco Meteor. Yes, maybe it will stack a dark weakness but two fairies are enough to make it a non-issue.
  • Zen Headbutt isn't that much needed on Metagross. You have three Pokemons all capable of taking out Fighting types. So, I'd suggest Stealth Rock>Zen Headbutt. Metagross can be a good setter of Stealth Rock as it has good bulk and can free a slot on it's teammate. Having two rockers might seem renundant, but I'll explain later on.
  • Like I said, since Fighting types like Keldeo are not a concern for your team, you won't need Psychic coverage on Mega Sharpedo. Instead, Ice Fang>Psychic Fang would be better. With Ice fang, you can hit Grass and Dragon types for super effective damage, allowing to bypass would be checks. Since Sharpedo is the main sweeper here, Ice Fang can help to help it sweep effectively.
  • For the last change, Flamethrower>Stealth Rock on Clefable. It is a bit renundant to have two rockers in the same team. Since you have Clefable to take care of stall, you can effectively lure steel types and kill them. Unsuspecting steel types are gonna switch in to Clefable and killed by Flamethrower.
So, a pretty good team in my opinion. Hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Latias @ Soul Dew
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fangs
- Waterfall

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, neat team, I'll be making some more changes than Train All did because I see some more problems with it. Let's get straight to it then.

Issues/Threats I could find:

ORIGINAL TEAM: SHARPEDO/CHANDELURE/FLYGON/NINETALES/METAGROSS/CLEFABLE
  • Stall: You mentioned this yourself but Clefable isn't able to deal with Stall on its own as it simply gets shutdown by Unaware Pkmn like Quagsire and opposing Unaware Clefable both of which are staples on stall.
  • Scizor: You are basically forced into Chandelure everytime Scizor comes in because you really can't risk this thing setting up. In combination with hazards, U-turn racks up damage rather quickly to a point where it will faint to a +2 Bullet Punch. Besides that Chandelure is susceptible to Pursuit, which you have to be wary of.
  • Bisharp: Facing this is even worse than Scizor: Despite having two Sucker Punch resistances in Sharpedo and Ninetails, both of them are frail and drop at +2 after a little bit of damage.
  • Keldeo: I heavily disagree with Train All that Keldeo is not a threat to your team, not necessarily because of its Fighting STAB but because the water resist on this team is Sharpedo. PhysDef Clefable is not a switch-in to Specs and even Scarf variants can be a real pain to deal with.
  • Primarina: I mean this is offense so no wonder there isn't a dedicated switch-in but nothing on your team can threaten to OHKO it and it will pretty much get two kills if it gets maneuvered in safely.
  • Raikou: Your Electric immunity drops to regular HP Ice from full and the only real check you have to this is forcing you to Protect + Mega evolve with Sharpedo on the spot.

Approaches to fix the aforementioned issues/deal with the aforementioned threats:

• The very first thing I recommend is switching from Choice Scarf to SubCM Chandelure. Choice Scarf is a rather mediocre set in my opinion, it does not even outspeed Mega Aerodactyl and while the Trick option can be nice versus fatter teams, SubCM pressures those on a whole different level. This also alievates the threat level of Scizor to some degree because now you at least have recovery. Flame Body>Flash Fire lets you beat P2 and further improves your matchup versus Scizor with the burn chance.
  • -->

Latias over Flygon
    seems like a valid approach. Would stick with this suggestion from Train All as it gives you a switch-in to Keldeo and Volcanion. The standard Defog set with Soul Dew is a perfectly fine option, though you can also try out Choice Scarf to patch up the speed of the team and give you more revenge killing options. I tried out both sets, both worked just fine.
  • -->

An important change to make next is Cobalion over Metagross since it gives you a much needed answer to Bisharp, another check to Scizor as well as another set-up sweeper that can make good use of Aurora Veil. Double Dance + Fightinium Z is a super good set, Shuca Berry is an option to deal with Mega Aerodactyl better but with the screen support Z-move is the preferred option.
  • -->

Last but not least I reconsidered Clefables spot on the team and evaluated Nidoqueen as a better fit in the last slot. Nidoqueen improves your matchup versus opposing Clefable and SD Cobalion, gives you an Electric resist that doesn't straight up drop to HP Ice and hits hard from the get go. An offensive LO set with enough HP to take +2 All-Out-Pummeling from Cobalion after Stealth Rock and enough speed for Jolly Primarina and Adamant Bisharp is the set I would go with.

• One minor last thing: Try HP Fire over Blizzard on Ninetales-A. Catching opposing Scizor on the switch is incredibly valuable for this team relieving pressure from Chandelure and Cobalion to check it so that they have an easier time applying pressure without being U-turn'ed on all the time.

Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay/Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Aurora Veil

Latias @ Soul Dew / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover/Healing Wish/Trick
- Defog

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z /Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 80 HP / 216 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
Replay #1: vs a fat balance team where Chandelure has some fun in the end.
Replay #2: this one was too funny lol
Replay #3: raikou was scary tho

will try to find so more replays with higher quality and edit them into this hide tag over the weekend

I understand if you feel like these are a lot of changes but I made sure to keep the core idea of the team, M-Sharpedo + Chandelure with Aurora Veil support, intact.
If you want to, give these changes a shot and let me know how they worked out for you! :^)

also Shoutouts Cynde o/ wooo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)