2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. I get that Leicester is not exactly in a good situation right now, but sacking? At this point they are where Leicester is used to be, if not better than usual - desperately fighting against relegation in the Premier League.

They could have let him resign (or wait until things got way too difficult) instead of giving him the boot.

The sad thing now is that Leicester City's fairy tale, regardless of whether they get relegated or survive, will forever be tarnished by this.

What are they supposed to do then.. just accept relegation, lose all the potential tv money, funding, lose their best players, and say hey... at least we won it that one time, but stick around.. and support him like a cheap Arsene knockoff with no consequences? It wasn't working, the players arent providing the same intensity and quality, the manager isn't motivating or making things happen.. it's time to get back to reality and do what any other club towards the bottom does.. scrap and do what they can to hang on. Before they become completely obsolete.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Maybe I'm naive or just looking at the situation through rose-tinted lenses, but I honestly thought Ranieri would keep us in the premier league, and is still the best man for the job. I can't see how putting anyone else in now is going to change our fortunes.

We were in a worse situation than this 2 years ago, didn't sack Nigel Pearson, and we managed to stay up, Leicester clearly have the ability to stay up, we just lost some momentum. But we showed in the second half vs Sevilla, that we do have the ability to compete with even the best of sides, and we had the drive in that game to do it - if that drive and momentum could be kept we would have stayed up and Jamie Vardy being on the scoresheet again will have given him confidence.

I'm just upset about modern football, sacking the manager as soon as the team has a bad run of games, not given half a chance to turn the situation around. Ranieri is the most succesful manager we've ever had, the team takes a confidence knock and he's sacked.

That was not a deserved win...

Well techinically yes, since we scored more than Southampton, but they were clearly the better side for most of the match and were more than unlucky to have their first goal flagged for offside.

Leicester are snakes though. Liverpool looked bad though.

Jamie Carragher was wearing Everton's kit the other day. Merseyside fans did not take well to it.

Apparently, Gotze had myopathy, a type of muscular disorder. Wonder how it affects a player's career.
lower bundesliga team picks him up. He was struggling before with the young talent coming through at dortmund, now he will be out for a while? More time for more talent to come through and give him no playing time. He moves down to a mid table team and then we wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)