Project Ubers Teambuilding Competition (Resuming Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bored so here goes nothing.

Basically I think that Darkrai is best used as an utility pokemon in this generation by abusing its excellent speed tier and typing. Basically, Darkrai is your anti-lead by psyching out your opponent with perceived threat of hypnosis/dark void. Also, you can use it as a hard switch in for Deo-A, Mewtwo, and Gengar by subverting their expectation and hitting them first. Haze is nice and reliable GeoXern check. Ice beam lets you to RK a +1 Salamence which is a nice tech to have if everything else failed. Also, scarf Darkrai is arguably a hard counter versus lele teams which is always nice.

Rest of team is just standard stuff with crispy Rock slide lure Geoxern to pave the path for a CM groundceus sweep.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Trick / Pursuit
- Haze

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 124 Atk / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Solar Beam
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 176 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Rock Slide
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast / Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond / Taunt

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 66 Def / 194 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Lucos team. The other ones are pretty xern weak to varying degrees and it looks a bit more sound structure wise.

Had nothing to do at my internship since the boss is on vacation, and didn't leave much behind to do, so I ended up building this:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Pain Split

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Substitute

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

I began with the legendary Mega Gyarados.
I opted for a balance, simply because I think that's where Mega Gyarados is able to shine the most.
The classic xy/oras set was my set of choice, bar Taunt.
I switched that up with Ice Fang, to be able to touch Mega Salamence on a switch-in, not giving it a free +1. It works as a replacement for Taunt against pokemon like Zygarde as well, who would wall it without.
So the first thing I wanted to do was patch up the holes Mega Gyarados has.
Magearna was perfect for this.
It is one of the best, if not the best Xerneas wall in the game.
On top of this it functions as a secondary wall/check for Pokemon like Mega Salamence, and Mega Kyogre, as well act as the Poison immunity of the team.
Third came the standard specially defensive Stealth Rock Primal Groudon with Roar, which shouldn't need explaining.
As the Defogger I wanted to use Giratina-O.
It gives me something to switch into Mega Lucario, Extreme Killer, and Primal Donner.
Bar the regular Gyarados, I had no Ground immunity, and since I already added solid hazard control, I figured I might as well add Lugia.
At first I wanted to add Ho-oh, but this didn't really add anything to the team apart from being an amazing Flying-type, while Lugia gives me something for pokemon like Arceus Ghost, and Extreme Killer, which my team is rather weak to otherwise.
I was still a bit weak to things like (Rock Polish) Primal Groudon, and wanted another pokemon, besides Mega Gyarados to add offensive pressure.
SD Arceus Ground seemed like the ideal choice, so I went with that as the 6th member of the team.

And, I know what you're thinking.
He used the Magearna + Lugia defensive core last week as well.
Let me explain.
It wasn't because I was/am lazy, which I am, but rather because it just worked so well for this team, much like the other one.
I tried other cores as well, but this one outclassed them all.
Probably has something to do with the fact that both teams are a balance, based around an offensive Dark-type.
You tell me.

Last edited:

I literally just pieced this together from my 'slightly different archetypes' folder of a base team that I often use

Fury (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Beacon of Light (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder

Aries (Magearna-Original) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Virgo (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 Atk / 40 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Distorted (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 244 Def / 248 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Taurus (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 224 HP / 196 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Recover

Overview:
  • Very anti-Xerneas orientated, to make sure that Gyarados is covered when it mega evolves
  • Primal Groudon acts as a spook - its speed EVs make sure that it can outspeed 252 Modest Yveltal. Unfortunately this means it takes a hit to special defense
  • Ho-oh is the stallbreaker of the team.
Jobs:
  • Gyarados-Mega:
  • Gyarados acts as a dragon dance sweeper, given the speed EVs of 168+ - enough to outspeed Jolly 130 speed Pokemon at +1
  • Gyarados can also finish off Groudon-Primal with Earthquake, if the team desperately needs to do so.
  • Xerneas:
  • Bog standard Geoxern set from ORAS - increased damage output means greater chances at taking out potential threats like Gengar-Mega
  • Less chances to switch in, however, Xerneas plays a lure game with the opponent often times, for example, to remove Magearna from play.
  • Magearna:
  • Stops Xerneas and, with some smart play, can also check Lunala. Also stops Yveltal (unless it is carrying Heat Wave) and Arceus-Dark.
  • Heart Swap stops Calm Mind Arceus formes from setting up, although Magearna fears Earth Power from Arceus-Fairy
  • Groudon-Primal:
  • Groudon-Primal acts as a surprise sweeper, taking threats that would otherwise wear Groudon down considerably or even KO Groudon.
  • Groudon-Primal acts as a force to stop Kyogre-Primal through weather condition alone, although it does not like Ice Beam. However, this is also a potential set-up place for Groudon-Primal (40 SpD EVs avoid the 2HKO from Ice Beam)
  • It can act as an emergency stop for Xerneas if the two other counters have fainted.
  • Giratina-Origin:
  • Giratina-Origin is a check to Groudon-Primal, and is the defog user for the team. This pairing is great, as most teams will have Groudon-Primal as their Stealth Rock setter.
  • Giratina-Origin also acts as offensive support, paralyzing and dealing significant damage to incoming checks.
  • Ho-oh:
  • Ho-oh is a stallbreaker, dealing significant damage to anything that does not have the name of Zygarde-C.
  • It is the second Xerneas check on the team, and can also check specially orientated Yveltal and Giratina-O.
  • Ho-oh has a 238 speed tier to creep Calm Mind Kyogre-Primal, as well as outspeed defensive Yveltal.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtr

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 244 Def / 244 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Toxic
- Defog

Xerneas @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide
- Thunder
- Close Combat

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Tailwind

I had this team built long ago, gave me good scores, but its pretty "Gimmick" and some moves are random, also pretty fun to use, First of all im using Jolly Gyarados-Mega because Smeargle can do a lot of damage to the team with Sticky webs, if u notice there are only 1 Lucario Check (Ho-Oh), so Jolly Taunt give me the speed win, I added Groudon SR Dragon Tail to prevent defog or salamence dragon dance, its a good choice because u can hit Supportceus too, forcing them out, Arceus Substitute its the stall destroyer, because nothing can hit it, nothing except roar, With substitute u can avoid Toxic and Twave, destroy blissey and giratina formes, Mega Gengar struggles hard with it and u can SD and win, the evs are optimized for outspeed max speed Lunala, Giratina-O its standard with dmeteor + hex, so he toxic some threats and erase them with hex, Giratina its the groudon check and the ground inmunity so its important on the team because we have Ho-Oh on it, its the best choice of defog, Ho-Oh is standard, except the tailwind move, Im using tailwind to destroy fast stuff like Mega Gengar, deoxys, Xerneas at +2, sand, etc, its fun to use but HARD to set up, Xerneas Expert Belt its a set i've been testing to lure Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Ho-Oh and dark types, expert belt gives a boost that wrecks the enemy, fun n' hard to use.

Foggi

Banned deucer.
ya ubers overlord coming back again with a spicy gyarados squad so ye have fun peeps

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Shield
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Moongeist Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Swords Dance

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roar
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Team is simple enough, dilagas nice for balance, gyara bops stall while z geoxern 6-0s ho, pdon is here cause its the best mon etc and ekiller cause its the second best mon, scarf lunala is bad but it helps vs brainless offense and kids seem to like it so i put it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)