Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBY damage numbers are completely fucked. I literally had an Exeggutor oneshot my Lax with non-crit Explosion, which should normally do 70.5% at most.
People in the RoA room have been suggesting that there might be something wrong with EVs, but I don't think so. I outsped the enemy's Zam with Jynx and Lapras with Chansey, so I guess I had EVs and the enemy didn't. So actually Explosion should've done even less than 70%.
Since I used to run 0 Atk IV on Zam/Jynx etc I had to change it to 1 in Teambuilder before queuing up now that the sim finally realized it is illegal. That might have kind of loaded my EVs back onto the sim (idk), since apparently several opponents and not just that one had no Speed EVs.

Replay in question: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-538905474

Apparently happens in GSC too.

In AAA, an opposing burned Pikachu did 35% damage to my Kommo-o with Refrigerate Extreme Speed. Thats clearly too much damage, according to the calculator:
-2 252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Pikachu Extreme Speed vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 73-88 (22.8 - 27.5%) -- 57.4% chance to 4HKO

In AAA, an opposing burned Pikachu did 35% damage to my Kommo-o with Refrigerate Extreme Speed. Thats clearly too much damage, according to the calculator:
-2 252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Pikachu Extreme Speed vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 73-88 (22.8 - 27.5%) -- 57.4% chance to 4HKO
Light Ball?

252 Atk Light Ball Refrigerate burned Pikachu Extreme Speed vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 101-119 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 83% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Light Ball Refrigerate burned Pikachu Extreme Speed vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 111-131 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.

Not 100% sure where to post this, as I don't necessarily think it's a "bug", so i'm sorry if it's mislocated. Alright, so on to point, Magmortar on the current teambuilder is able to obtain the move Teleport. Despite the teambuilder showing it can learn Teleport, Magmortar is unable to learn the move Teleport in any generation it has existed in.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

Not 100% sure where to post this, as I don't necessarily think it's a "bug", so i'm sorry if it's mislocated. Alright, so on to point, Magmortar on the current teambuilder is able to obtain the move Teleport. Despite the teambuilder showing it can learn Teleport, Magmortar is unable to learn the move Teleport in any generation it has existed in.
Its a Gen 1 Virtual Console transfer move.

The type of Hidden Power is always based on your IV spread. In order to use HP Ice you must run the following spread: 31/31/31/31/31/30 (in other words, adjust your Speed IV so it is 30)
Yeah thanks man, I was just too confused, this is the first time I read that error, and that's Gen 2 where IVs are different from the following generations. Didn't know if this was a bug or just me being dumb. :toast:

Still, it's a little weird. Isn't the simulator supposed to adjust your IVs for Hidden Power in pre-Gen VII formats?

(Unless you accidentally modified them after adding HP Ice)

There's a bug in the damage calculator, as you can see in the Screenshot. While playing an AAA match, I calced to see if my Genesect's Zen Headbutt (which it was scarf-locked into) would do enough damage to kill an opposing Airilate Boomburst Noivern. At first, I entered 252 HP/252 Def EVs for Noivern to check the worst case, then I tried it with 0 HP / 0 Dev, which was more likely to be the actual EV split of the opposing Noivern, but the calculator went crazy, showing it would be "possibly the worst move ever", doing only 3.8 - 4.8%.

Attachments

There's a bug in the damage calculator, as you can see in the Screenshot. While playing an AAA match, I calced to see if my Genesect's Zen Headbutt (which it was scarf-locked into) would do enough damage to kill an opposing Airilate Boomburst Noivern. At first, I entered 252 HP/252 Def EVs for Noivern to check the worst case, then I tried it with 0 HP / 0 Dev, which was more likely to be the actual EV split of the opposing Noivern, but the calculator went crazy, showing it would be "possibly the worst move ever", doing only 3.8 - 4.8%.
Base def is set to 802

But if you try to set that value on your own, it changes to 255... and it's not like you can manually change the value on the HTML code either.
They are probably using a calc that was modified in some way (more specifically, ap_calc.js was modified. This contains the limits for stats in the calc, only way I could reproduce the above issue).

Not sure if this is a bug but Water Shuriken from regular Greninja with Life Orb in the calcs says that after 3 hits the max percent damage is 67% as shown here: 252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 186-219 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

In the game however, 3 hits could have done a max of 90% as seen in this replay (go to turn 35): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-539455693

He was not -sp def natured Terrakion, nor was I modest Greninja. Is this a bug in the game mechanics or the calculator itself? This was for a league game such as the GBA, if anyone is wondering.

Not sure if this is a bug but Water Shuriken from regular Greninja with Life Orb in the calcs says that after 3 hits the max percent damage is 67% as shown here: 252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 186-219 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

In the game however, 3 hits could have done a max of 90% as seen in this replay (go to turn 35): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-539455693

He was not -sp def natured Terrakion, nor was I modest Greninja. Is this a bug in the game mechanics or the calculator itself? This was for a league game such as the GBA, if anyone is wondering.
Your Greninja probably had the Ability Torrent instead of Protean or Battle Bond (as you chose your move, it didn't change its typing, and as you KOed the opposing Tapu Koko, it didn't trandformed into Ash-Greninja). Also, your Greninja having 12% HP would've activated Torrent and made Water Shuriken 50% stronger:

252 SpA Life Orb Torrent Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 264-327 (81.7 - 101.2%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

Your Greninja probably had the Ability Torrent instead of Protean or Battle Bond (as you chose your move, it didn't change its typing, and as you KOed the opposing Tapu Koko, it didn't trandformed into Ash-Greninja). Also, your Greninja having 12% HP would've activated Torrent and made Water Shuriken 50% stronger:

252 SpA Life Orb Torrent Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 264-327 (81.7 - 101.2%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
Lmao i always forget about the starter abilities. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)