OM Core Laddering Challenge [Challenge #13 @ post #497; deadline Feb. 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so my suggestion for a MnM CLC is Mamoswine + Darkrai

Mamoswine
is actually a really cool mon, and there are a number of viable sets that it can run. For example, I can see a lucarionite Mamoswine being quite a good wallbreaker. I honestly have seen probably 1-2 mamoswines in all my time playing MnM this gen, and I reckon a CLC is just what mamo needs to get some usage, as I think its seriously underrated.

Darkrai was quite the hot topic before the official meta came out. It was causing quite the shitstorm when GOS refused to quickban it, and everyone was going nuts, saying (rightfully so) that pigeotite drai would be just too good for the meta to be balanced. Now that that is no longer an issue, darkrai has pretty low usage in mnm, despite the fact that is still has extremely high base speed and Spa. It also has a great movepool and the potential to run many cool sets. Absolite, Lucarionite, and Blastoisinite all could be quite cool on drai, with the potential to be very scary indeed

I would actually be quite fine swapping darkrai out for another mon. A special attacker would make the most sense, and latios seems like a nice option if people would prefer latios.

S/o to Quantum Tesseract Zephyr Dragon Lord and InfernapeTropius11 for brainstorming CLC3 MnM core ideas with me
j saying Why Nerdy:((
lol jk idrc
IN as CLC4 Racool for MnM and Sketch and Inh

Platinum in Sketchmons achieved:
sketchmons plat.png

All in all, probably one of my worst laddering experiences ever. The ladder is beyond dead, and 90% of my matches were against people with elo<1050.... so I got like +5 elo on average per match. Add that to the fact that finding a match took normally between 10-25 minutes, and you get laddering hell.

That being said, the actual CLC was quite fun, doublade is a cool mon to use in sketch cos no guard, and slaking with skill swap is just a hilarious meme. I found myself using inferno duo, despite the abysmal Special attack, just because I found it hilarious when people switched in their lando-t and got an instant burn :'D. I tried using final gambit scarf slaking, but found that actually skill swap slaking can be terrifying against teams lacking a boosting Spa mon/ghost mon.

Now on to S/O's:
S/O to Dasocks (dont know the smogon name srry) for my final win: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-532394048
S/O to Jordn for being awesome ;P

Ill post the team in a bit, if anyone actually wants me to. Its alright ig, nothing incredible.

https://gyazo.com/a923c5c443ab2e2d059cba28a348ebde

Achieved Platinum in Inheritance. It was not the smoothest of runs, but what did you expect when you have an Armaldo at the start of this challenge? (I do not regret that decision at all)
Shoutouts to Stall Guy and Dmick for being my last matches. Both of you are good.

The CLC itself was very solid; Charizard turns out to be good in its Mega-formed goodness, so Scrafty gave the Pre-Mega form an ample opportunity to set up. As for Primarina.. it has several really good donors. I used Audino, as it's really good at supporting the team. Regenerator, Dual STAB, recovery, and basically everything Primarina ever wanted... it's right there. The only other reason that I did this with relative ease is that my final team was pretty scrubby and broken.. I'll share it later.

Hey there. I didn't give up.

https://gyazo.com/31f731a2bbc4df673a41be41a2558c90

PLATINUM for Mix and Mega.

...I... I... this was the most difficult laddering experience by far. Which makes me so glad that it's done. I've made several discoveries along the way, and that last slot changed so much that it was the lone ranger. I drifted in the 1600s and the high 1500s for a long, long time, and I think it's made me a better battler. I got pretty angry at some people. I didn't swear, but I did despair. ...To all of those people, I apologize profusely if I offended you during my laddering journey.

The CLC itself was... flawed. Mamoswine and Darkrai are both incredible offensively, but are bad defensively in terms of synergy.... I like working with cores that cover each other well... Mamoswine and Darkrai don't do that so well.

The team will be linked when I make a RMT for this one. It's something special.

Now... the shoutouts:

Shoutouts to:
-Quantum Tesseract for beating me a few times in order to make my team better.
-RichardPepper for wrecking me with an Alakazite Nhiliego a few times. (Grass Knot is shockingly good as a coverage move on it...)
-Fardin for seeing my road through to the end. and then insulting the Tapu Lele
-kimbo and jrdn for being my final opponents. That's a real cool team you have there!
-Chloe and the rest of the council for hosting a great metagame that will continue on.
-Everyone else that I forgot to mention... there's so many of you!
And you, the person who is reading this message. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey there. I didn't give up.

https://gyazo.com/31f731a2bbc4df673a41be41a2558c90

PLATINUM for Mix and Mega.

...I... I... this was the most difficult laddering experience by far. Which makes me so glad that it's done. I've made several discoveries along the way, and that last slot changed so much that it was the lone ranger. I drifted in the 1600s and the high 1500s for a long, long time, and I think it's made me a better battler. I got pretty angry at some people. I didn't swear, but I did despair. ...To all of those people, I apologize profusely if I offended you during my laddering journey.

The CLC itself was... flawed. Mamoswine and Darkrai are both incredible offensively, but are bad defensively in terms of synergy.... I like working with cores that cover each other well... Mamoswine and Darkrai don't do that so well.

The team will be linked when I make a RMT for this one. It's something special.

Now... the shoutouts:

Shoutouts to:
-Quantum Tesseract for beating me a few times in order to make my team better.
-RichardPepper for wrecking me with an Alakazite Nhiliego a few times. (Grass Knot is shockingly good as a coverage move on it...)
-Fardin for seeing my road through to the end. and then insulting the Tapu Lele
-kimbo and jrdn for being my final opponents. That's a real cool team you have there!
-Chloe and the rest of the council for hosting a great metagame that will continue on.
-Everyone else that I forgot to mention... there's so many of you!
And you, the person who is reading this message. Thank you.
sounds brutal, gz on completing it tho! Altough i stand by my opinion that the sketch clc is worse, purely cos of the wait time... its terrible like absolutely miserable

Challenge #4 ends in less than 24 hours. I admit I didn't do my own CLC (I did a little though to see and basically check what's the meta like) because I am kinda busy.

Speaking of busy, I haven't been logged in smogon in days (some of you know obv) so Challenge #4 MIGHT get extended until I got cores.

So guys, help me suggest some cores. I intend to do AG, AAA and possibly 1v1 because those are the only metas that doesn't plan to suspect anything for the next 2 weeks.

i suggest an AAA core too with Golisopod and Heatran. Golisopod being a cool design mon in gen 7, that being an offensive bulky attacker. mainly people work with Triage but Adaptability and Regenerator can work too. i'd like to pair it with Heatran because the type synerging is good, he is a great partner option, resisting Flying moves while being neutral to Rock and Electric. Heatran also can set up SR and appreciates Golisopod's resistance to Ground and Fighting moves.

I think a good AAA core might be Tapu Koko and Victini might be interesting, with the possiblilty of Physical and Special for both making it interesting what we might see. Another option to take Victini's place might be Sableye. In general, just two pokemon that can both be run physical or special, as the player chooses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)