MLB 2017

Weekdays/nights in general will be terrible for me to attend but doable if, say, ~7 PM CST. Will be flexible for weekends, just need sufficient lead time.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can do any time on a Monday so I imagine there's something you can do

I work 4-12 Wednesday through Saturday with no way of getting around it

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I can do any time on a Monday so I imagine there's something you can do

I work 4-12 Wednesday through Saturday with no way of getting around it
There isn't. I work 9am-6pm Monday-Friday, so unless everyone is willing to do like 6am american time on a Monday (doubt it), I can't do a Monday.

This is too ridiculous for you to be remotely serious Texas, and I'd rather focus on actual solutions and getting a plan in place that can actually work so we can move forward with getting set up for the new season.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is it ridiculous? I work 4 to midnight wednesday through saturday and I would really rather not beg off D&D Sunday nights. If Stall can't do weekdays then there's no reason we can't draft in the late night to accommodate him so no one has to miss the draft

If you have alternative solutions where no one misses I'm all ears

If you have to miss, you're going to have to do what I've had to do a few times when I couldn't make the beginning of the draft. And that's to edit your personal pre-draft player values and run auto-draft for a few rounds before you can make it. By doing this, you can direct the computer to target certain players to a point and not target others you don't want. It works pretty spectacularly if you put the time into it.

If there is a time that works perfectly for everyone but you, that's probably going to be your option. Asking 8 other people to inconvenience their weekend isn't really a solution to the problem.

Additionally, if none of the times work, maybe Stallion would be open to getting up in the early to draft on a Sunday but that'd still have to both work for most everyone else and that would push the draft at the earliest to be from ~3pm-5pm EST on a Sunday.

Texas Cloverleaf

Obviously that's not acceptable to me if there's any possible alternative.

So far no such time has been proposed as an alternative. The only objection to my suggestion has been "no we're not doing that" which I take to mean you (collective) personally dislike potentially having to stay up late but otherwise have no mandatory commitment preventing access.

3 PM on Sunday would likely work, however

All I've done is suggest times and ask peoples opinions for discussion. Not to create a dead set time, but to begin the process of finding a good time.

If there is some personal issue you have with me or my requests, which I feel is begin to be the case, then we can settle it out of the thread and move on with collecting other peoples opinions and availability so that we can collectively make the best decision to inconvenience as little of us as possible.

Texas Cloverleaf

I have no issue with the process you've undertaken. I do have some issue with a reasonably proposed time being shut down out of hand, hence arguing my case.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not out of hand when you're asking people to be awake at 1 AM to START an auction draft that takes several hours. I'd gather most of us aren't people who can spend an entire Sunday sleeping after being awake until ~4 AM to finish a draft just because you don't want to take a sabbatical from D&D. I'd be more open to waking up early on a Sunday and having Stallion draft somewhere near the end of the day than your scenario.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
When I'm on my laptop tonight, I'll fill out the form, but from memory there were 12 different times that suited me great. Most of them had lots of people having said they were available at the time. Surely there's some sort of overlap where one of them works for both you and I Texas!

Stallion

Tree Young
Sorry for the double post, but this is important:

STALLION'S KEEPERS.

As projections change, the number values (and subsequently, the players I keep) are subject to change.

Mike Trout - $63 (projected $48)
Nolan Arenado - $19 (projected $45)
Mookie Betts - $14 (projected $45)
Ryan Braun - $20 - (projected $27)
Carlos Correa - $17 (projected $27)
Francisco Lindor - $5 (projected ($26)

Total (before projected values are factored) = $138.

VALUES INCLUDING PROJECTED AUCTION VALUES

Trout - $63
Arenado - $22.50
Betts - $22.50
Braun - $20
Correa - $17
Lindor - $13

Total = $158

Del Rio's Keepers (Cost Last Year / Projected Cost This Year / Actual Cost to Keep)
Josh Donaldson ($21 / $37 / $21)
Joey Votto ($20 / $29 / $20)
George Springer ($12 / $25 / $12.5)
JD Martinez ($11 / $22 / $11)
Trevor Story ($2 / $23 / $11.5)
Kyle Hendricks ($0 / $16 / $8)

TOTAL CAP HIT: $84

Last edited:
biggie Stallion Del Rio Texas Cloverleaf Imanalt cbt Sugar K Leonard nLTk

So an update for the draft times. From all of the dates/times that I inquired about on the survey, none really worked perfectly in being able to include everyone. The closest time that worked out was Saturday, March 18th at 11:00pm EST in which we have only one owner who says that they can't make it, which is Texas because of work.

In the interest of keeping this simple, I'd like to hear your opinions on some of the options we can take.

Option One - Have the draft on Saturday, March 18th at 11:00pm EST, causing Texas to miss about an hour and a half

Option Two - Have the draft on Saturday, March 18th at a slightly later time to minimize the time Texas has to wait (11:15 - 12:00 start)

Option Three - Explore a time during some workable Saturday (this is the only day that works with an afternoon draft) that happens around 2:00pm EST, which gives Texas 2 hours to draft before he has to go to work. In exchange, Stallion is being asked to wake up at 6:00am on a Sunday to draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)