SM LC SuperNova

Jox

LCPL Champion

---.png

Supernova
An LC RMT by 067jox

Hello, my name is Jordi (067jox) and today I made a new RMT. This team won alot of battles and its really solid with some solid cores like Timburr + pursuit trap or the Staryu + Sturdy user. Toghether with this team I toppeld the ladder and its a really fun team to use in general.

Teambuilding Process

I first started with Vulpix because I wanted to show everyone that Vulpix is not just a sun slave. I always see people using Heat Rock and to be honest it's a good set so why would you not run it? This is where the creativity in Pokemon comes to play. I'm going to introduce you guys the power of Z-Fire Blast Vulpix right now and you're going to love it.​

I know how amazing Onix, Drilbur, and Archen are in sun so I wanted at least one of them. I chose Onix this time because its amazing in the current meta. It stops the destroyer that is Vullaby while also providing Stealth Rock. Onix also helps me deal with other Fire-types that could take advantage of my Vulpix so it's a great pick.

My team had two really big weaknesses at this point: Water (even though I have sun support) and Ground. I wanted a Grass -type, so my options at this point were Pumpkaboo and Snivy. I really liked Pumpkaboo's Fighting immunity and it can switch into Foongus without fearing the Sludge Bomb as much as Snivy, so I opted for Pumpkaboo. I went with the special Pumpkaboo set with Fire Blast because it's a really nice move in sun and the special set walls Mudbray a lot better.

So looking at my team I still somewhat feared Fire-types and I love Staryu in general. Staryu is a great glue Pokemon for my team and I absolutely love it. I needed a spinner because both Vulpix and Onix dislike Stealth Rock. Also, its Speed is godlike. This Staryu did a phenomenal job on the ladder and surprise-killed a lot of Pokemon.

My team was still missing some important things like a Pawniard switch in, a way to wallbreak Munchlax, a Knock Off user and priority for if things go out of hand. I picked Timburr for this job just because I dont like running Croagunk without Dry Skin and with Dry Skin it would take damage in sun. So I had Drain Punch, Knock Off, and Mach Punch on Timburr and I thought "What else does this Timburr need?" My first choice was Bulk Up to make it a second sweeper but then I faced a Mareanie and I was like... "Shit, how am I going to beat this thing?" It walled Vulpix, Onix, Pumpkaboo and Timburr. I needed something to defeat that thing. And that is when Thunder Punch Timburr was born, The Mareanie Killer.

There was a lot that this team already checked and I did not really need anything, so I thought I could maybe use Magnemite for an extra [type] check and a nice pivot but then I faced sun. There was no check... But I managed to beat the sun team with Fire Blast Pumpkaboo against bulbasaur while the Bellsprout was a pain. I looked at my team again and thought it was time for Munchlax or Alolan Grimer. So my team is weak to Fighting spam (although I can work around it) but I wanted to make it not incredibly fighting weak. I picked Alolan-Grimer and it was the best thing on Earth. Priority, killing Abra and Gasty, walling sun, an extra snivy switch, I love it. Alolan Grimer has proven his spot on his team.

The Team

Mozilla (Vulpix) @ Firium Z
Ability: Drought
Level: 5
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Rock
- Flame Charge

Vulpix is the main Pokemon on the team, you can use it as a late-game sweeper or as a mid-game wallbreaker if you want to remove a certain Pokemon. Fire Blast is an amazing hard-hitting move in the sun and the move you should click the most. Energy Ball is to hit Water- and Rock-types with a nice Base Power of 90. Hidden Power Ground is to hit Houndour while still hitting Mareanie. Hidden Power Rock is to hit the Houndour but also Archen. Personally I prefer Hidden Power Ground but it's just my personal favorite. Lastly, Flame Charge is here to potentially pull off a sweep and should be used on a switch or a weakened foe.

Onixpected (Onix) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Taunt / Endure
- Stealth Rock

This is just the simple and boring lead Onix set but it works so who am I to complain. It's an amazing lead while still being a solid stop to offensive setup sweepers. Earthquake and Rock Blast are just STAB moves and I prefer Rock Blast over Stone Edge for Weak Armor Vullaby. Taunt is just a great way to block your opponent from setting up on Onix while Endure gives you a way to reactivate Sturdy after getting damaged. I use the Taunt set because I like Onix to not be setup fodder but Endure is still an option. Last we have Stealth Rock to help Vulpix sweep and wear down the opponent's Pokemon.

Flashlight (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp

Pumpkaboo is used as a Ground check and a sponge for Water moves and it can burn the foe for a better chance at sweeping. Giga Drain is a STAB attack and a nice form of recovery. Fire Blast is to do massive damange in sun and for Foongus in general. Synthesis because you want to keep Pumpkaboo healthy because it's your only Ground switch in. And finally Will-O-Wisp to burn the foe, making physical attackers easier to deal with.

Starbucks (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt / Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

So first, here is a stupid reason why I have Scald at the third moveslot; I am the master of missclicking and I have Scald there just bec I often use it while the sun is up and I feel like a idiot. Thunderbolt is there to hit bulky Water -types and not give Shellder a free Shell Smash. I also have Thunderbolt on here to damage Frillish if it switches in and wants to spinblock me. Psychic is also a nice move to have on Staryu just because this team is semi Fighting weak. Ice Beam just to not make Pumpkaboo spinblock me and it's a nice coverage move to have. Scald just for stab and in the sun just there to get the burn. And Rapid Spin to spin all the hazards away and to get the amazing 1% Rapid Spin kill.

Roid Rage (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

This Timburr is a potential lead and a amazing lure for Mareanie and Flying -types. Drain Punch is there just to have a powerfull STAB move. Knock Off to remove items and thus make Vulpix more likely to sweep. Mach Punch just for priority and a amazing failsave if the other team get a sweep off. And as last the almighty Thunder Punch. So the Thunder Punch really helps vulpix to sweep and it really fits this team. Normally people go for Ice Punch or Bulk Up but there is a case to be made for Thunder Punch on this team

Boogeyman (Grimer-Alola) @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak / Fireblast
- Pursuit

So Alolan- Grimer takes away the thread called ''sun'' a bit while still having a lot of offensive Power. Gunk Shot is just a powerful STAB move and a nice way to nuke your opponent. Knock Off just to remove items and again a nice and powerful STAB move. Shadow Sneak is what I use on this team and it's a really solid move on Alolan- Grimer, sometimes you just need that extra priority. Fire Blast is also a really solid option and with sun it's even better to hit things like Pawniard or Ferroseed. And as last the Pursuit to trap threats like Abra and Gastly.​

Threats

A Sunny Day Ponyta can be a pain to deal with just because the combination of a sun-boosted Fire Blast and Solar Beam.

I think this can be the teams biggest problem because most times you want to defeat the Vulpix for the sun sweepers but you have a Vulpix on your own. So... what do you do, do you keep Vulpix in your pokeball or make your opponent sweep. Yes you have some answers for sun but keep in mind, sun is scary!

So Fighting spam is winnable but it's scary. You dont have a Fighting resist but you have a immunity atleast. Things like Bulk Up Timburr, Swords Dance Mienfoo, or Dragon Dance Scraggy can be very threatening.
Shoutouts
MeButYou82 AD Thunderboy Thank you so much for grammar checking everything, you guys are amazing!!
Fille For making the skeleton of the team with me, tbh Fille you deserve more love in this community just because I see you as my rival and I know you are really amazing.

Yes i can make this shoutout really long but it took me about three days to ladder and to have the whole team ready. I still want to tank all members of MDL for being a amazing communty, shoutouts to all of you ItzViper482 Altariel von Sweep Midnight Howl Skyee Levi Sable oWo Gummysaur Infamy EpicBradley129 blazenix blinkboy Bouki AD Thunderboy CandleJack Serene's Grace Jewced GrootFromDidney Black Hokage MapleView MK007 Nineage PD kushal00 rhydonphilip Sam-testings Shrug therealslap yppiks123

Youtube

Proof
proof.png

Team

Last edited:

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
Awesome team jox! :D I love z-moves and their surprise factor. For Vulpix, maybe you'd consider running Overheat?
196 SpA Vulpix Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee in Sun: 22-27 (81.4 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (overheat)

196 SpA Vulpix Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee in Sun: 19-24 (70.3 - 88.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (fire blast)

(same calcs apply for Timburr)

z-overheat gives you a little more power without the drop, and then you can just use fblast as normal. z-overheat also ohkos every fighter which you said threatens your team. That's kind of it though lol. Again, cool team!

Jox

LCPL Champion
Awesome team jox! :D I love z-moves and their surprise factor. For Vulpix, maybe you'd consider running Overheat?
196 SpA Vulpix Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee in Sun: 22-27 (81.4 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (overheat)

196 SpA Vulpix Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee in Sun: 19-24 (70.3 - 88.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (fire blast)

(same calcs apply for Timburr)

z-overheat gives you a little more power without the drop, and then you can just use fblast as normal. z-overheat also ohkos every fighter which you said threatens your team. That's kind of it though lol. Again, cool team!
I tryed z-overheat and a lot of people think it's better, I have to disagree a bit because Z-fire blast feels for me like a safer option to sweep while still being able to nuke. It is a option yes but I had almost not the feeling that I needed the 10extra Base power. Still thank you :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)