Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure it's designed as a main tank but will be used as an off-tank alongside Rein. A big shield needs to be mobile to be used like Rein, I think.
Also, many tilters and throwers 2nd day of comp lol

I'm more intrested in her ability to finish off squishies close range and power up the dps, her barrier seems a bit flimsy. We'll see I suppose..

Edit: Support alt started at 1288 bronze (yeah) and then climbed to silver, when I reach gold I'll start with my actual plat DPS alt ^_^

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Right click looks very powerful used to its full potential. Pull back flankers to finish them off, pull people off the high ground, pull them around corners, pull them together for a pulse bomb or other ult, etc.

E: bastion can be pulled around in sentry too

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Orisa is... reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fun. I'm still not entirely sure of the projectile speed for her M1. The barrier up time is not bad and you contribute to shield spam while keeping your own shield up, which kinda makes up for its mere 900 shield. Fortify is good for in between shield cooldowns if it breaks, or you need to use it as a pseudo Zarya bubble for space making. Face tanking with Orisa is pretty legit strategy, especially with Fortify's anti-CC. Damage wise, M1 is not shabby. Probably could be pretty deadly when people start getting used to its spread/speed. Halt! is definitely the best thing on her kit; well her kit is pretty good anyway. I had a ton of fun using it. It changes positioning quite a lot, and it isn't that slow anyways. Pretty good zoning as well even if it does nothing. I often can't see enemy Halt! when there's too much spam though ahahaa >_> Her gun takes forever to unload so you don't actually need to reload that often too. Sometimes just better to not even bother reloading lol.

I've had a ton of fun using Halt! to secure so many kills and deny ults. Halt! to Sleep Dart, etc. I also have no idea how wonky this looks. Btw, you can stop channeled ults like Barrage, Death Blossom, etc, basically things that Flash Bang stops, with Halt!. Really amazing lmao. No idea if it's just me but Orisa feels like a really good heal farm for supports. I tend to get way higher heal numbers on PTR. Like heal numbers consistently over 10k, sometimes 15k or more on PTR for whatever reason due to Orisa. On QP though, not 0HL. She's pretty tanky as long as she plays around her barrier and Fortify well, but gotta avoid one shots.

HailFall

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126337644

when your teammate flames you for not putting down tele literally right next to the point lol

btw twitch seems like a good way to save gameplay so i can look back at it later without cluttering up my hard drive. im glad i had the idea. feel free to tune in if you want to see just how bad at this game i really am.

on another note for some reason bastion is only getting picked once in a while in my sr bracket. no clue why hes still very good. I would think he would be getting very high usage at least on defense.

Last edited:
I got back up to Diamond :) Been playing almost only DPS this season, only have 1 game on support and 2 or 3 on tanks. I think I've got a lot better lately, my pharah this season has been insane so far :o And my genji is getting a lot better too

bastion still #1 tho

HailFall

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753516591

Whelp. They've ruined everything again. RIP Soloq Ana Players. Can't confirm kills on sleep targets anymore. Expect never to die after being slept from now on from below 3k. She literally can't kill tracer with her shoot nade melee combo, it only does 120 damage which is pretty pathetic honestly.

Also I ran into my first aimbotter today on my stream.... Why you would aimbot in qp is beyond me.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LuckyDreamyShrimpPeteZaroll
https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyBlueBaboonPastaThat

Last edited:
Damn, those are some pretty severe nerfs for Ana. I do kind of agree with them a bit though because she was really powerful. Also even though you can't solo confirm kills you can skill have a teammate like Roadhog or Reaper help :). Also maybe now that she does less damage teammates will actually try to heal you with her xD EDIT: An Ana main on reddit was talking about how the damage nerf is warranted, the healing nerf isn't, as Ana has no passive recovery and relies heavily on the nade's healing to survive a dive. Obviously her old nade + sleep dart + old sniper damage was a bit too much but now with a nerfed sniper damage and less damage from nade, she really needs the healing of nade. I kind of agree with this, it would be helpful if she had her 100 healing back; it would also make her easier to play for those with worse aim.

Junkrat buff is kinda weird, I don't know if I like it, just because it doesn't really make sense. Like Pharah's / Zarya's / Soilder's explosives hurt themselves but not Junkrat's? The only exceptions are Junkrat's Mine and D.va's ult in order for them to be functional. Also it really doesn't help him that much in the long run :( he's not going to be viable with a change like this, not even close.

Good Sombra changes IMO. Translocator needs a short cooldown to help speed up the yo-yo, and stealth is boarderline useless when she's so loud. I know there was some fear of her being like the TF2 character, and while I've never played TF2 from what I've gathered she seems to play much differently. As in, it's very rare we have to constantly be shooting mid air in order to try and kill her. So I think buffing it is warranted.

I haven't played Orisa so I don't know if the nerfs were needed or not, she seemed pretty balanced the way she was, although the clip size means she might have to think about shooting more (it seems like she could wait to reload after the teamfight with a clip that large.)

Yay! The Winston buff we've all been waiting for :) I love this hero and glad it finally happened n_n

Zen buffs will be helpful I imagine, being able to discord Rein through shield is helpful as fuck, and faster Orb fire means more DPS + higher chance of defending against flankers. Good changes again IMO.

Overall I think they're good changes, Ana changes are obviously severe but she is very centralizing, I think between this and Rez buff we might be seeing more Mercy :D

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ana could never kill a slept tracer anyway. These changes are really good and a step in the right direction. its absurd that ana has more dps than mccree cuz of no fall off and 80 per damage lol. now she cant 1v1 dps heroes as easily and thats good.

Shell still be meta cuz of her nade sleep and heals. still easily the best healer.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What might change things tho is discord now goes through barrier and zen is probably better at 1v1ing heroes than Ana is. this might solidify zen's place on dive comps and make dive comps even more of a problem. i could see zen being used more than ana for that reason but I wouldn't be surprised if ana still remains meta and used over zen.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ana gold weapon bearer here. All the changes are good, even the Grenade burst healing change. Good Anas will basically not notice it. There is absolutely no reason a support should be able to win most 1v1s in the game. Ana can still escape them all, only now you need a tank or dps help burst down the enemy, which makes total sense. Ana is still the go-to tank healer and burst healer and while Pharah now has breathing room, Ana still scares her off alongside a hitscan.

I'm glad for Zen changes, he needed some love and we'll see him more, as it should be.

HailFall

I'm just upset that they're nerfing her to be just as hellish to play in low ranks as the other healers while still not really reducing her viability outside low level play. And I would literally bet my life rn plats are not gonna follow up on my sleeps bc they're distracted shooting into rein shields or smth. She was never realistically outdoing DPS bc she'd rather be healing usually and she can't headshot. She was really the only self reliant healer but they took that away from her. I just don't get why out of all the possible nerfs you nerf her damage.... Ugh..

Edit: and I'm also afraid they're going to dumpster ana eventually because we all know Blizzard Loves Overdoing It™

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
Well, she's been extremely OP since the end of s1 and has been receiving just tiny nerfs for months. After several nerfs she was still the best hero in game, go figure. Her damage was too strong, she is better than both McCree and Soldier at killing Pharah or just anything long range... hell, she's better dps than a bodyshooting Widow lol. I think in plat you'll still do fine, gengus and tracers ahve bad aim so the 50 burst heal and 60 damage is still plenty. 60+60+30 still kills Tracer, it's just gengu will be able to do his job: dive in, kill a support, go back to team.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PTR changes hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Ana
Starting with Ana first. I was pretty much convinced that Blizz was not going to do anything about Ana after so long lol. I thought they were contend with the high power levels of the game and thus keeping it as such for a design. Like, Ana is absurdly strong and it felt like an active decision to keep it that way after the lack of strong nerfs to her.
  • Damage decreased from 80 to 60
    Warranted change. 3shotting 200HPs at any range for a healer isn't a good idea. Also weakens her in 1v1. A lot of damage numbers made better.
  • Biotic Grenade
    You don't instantly win 1v1s now too. Makes solo healing Ana less viable prolly. Less free ult gain from nade spam. I think the heals could be kept at 100 if they further reduce damage to like 0 or something low. Also, 100->50 heals actually makes a difference. Gotta whether to M1 heal or nade on a 200HP hero better now. It might not be worth it to nade a 200HP hero if they're too low since it holds you from following up with M1 heals for a bit. A loss of 25HP can be costly if judged wrongly.
Overall pretty good changes. Not sure if the lesser heals would feel clunky to play with though. Seems like she'll feel a composition of heal heavy styles and actually die to flankers now and be more Sleep Dart reliant. Don't think she'll be too weak though. It'll give her an actual opportunity cost of running Ana now.

Junkrat
Double sticky jump into RIP Tire memes.

Orisa
Kinda w/e, too early to tell.

Sombra
Makes her more fun and faster paced to play. 15m decloak sounds seems good and not ridiculous. Anything less is probably dumb. Should be a viable Tracer replacement in some cases I think. Might even see use in dive against heal / shield spam teams. It's a good tweak aside from changing just numbers.

Winston
I know that there's a really huge consensus that they should have done this, but hear me out. Immediate cooldown is actually a pretty huge buff. Realistically, you're going to have barrier every single jump now, as opposed to every 1.5-2 jumps, since it's unlikely to jump on cooldown anyway. That would be quite the nuisance and is really strong when it comes to zoning and cleaving. Winston didn't need the barrier for every single jump. Good Winstons also liked to jump high ground and just fry the low ground, with or without barrier. It's a strong change. I don't like this change, especially not with Zen buffs, but oh well, it's something the general community wants, though iirc pros don't think this is necessary either.

Zenyatta
My main and all. I don't think he needed buffs either. He was never weak in the first place after the 200HP change. Right click change is huge. I'm just gonna M2 Winston mid jump and Genji after deflect for less risk now. Literally if you tried doing M2 at bad times you just die, but now there's more window to M2 for free. Discord change is hugeeeeeeeeeeeee. You can Discord past Rein and get like Tracer/Genji/Pharah/Winston to farm the heck out of them. IDK Discord change could be to deal with possible shield spam from Orisa Winston Rein, but not sure if that's a good idea either.

Anyway, would have preferred if they kept Winston/Zen untouched first. Ana nerfs are well deserved and still has a niche for her, just not full time anymore. Probably still good on non-dive.

just wish they would actually balance seperately for console :/ I really like playing ana but now she wont be worth it because her strength was not having to be babysat by her team. now you might as well run mercy. and pharmercy becomes even stronger now that ana cant 3 tap pharah. she isnt op like she is on pc, she only is worth it in really tanky comps and even then she is pretty difficult to use. this unfortunately puts her in complete meme category. but fuck console plebs right?

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yo can we get a discord channel up in this piece.

Discussing these things on a forum is way too 2006.

I'm excited. I just recently got super into this game so it's nice to see a team that runs their game with constant balance tweaks. This is the biggest nerf since I started playing and I'm intrigued to see what effect it has on the pro scene. Pharmacy was already climbing back in a big way and this helps it out a ton.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we do a lot of OW talk in #skillstone in the social discord, we can probably just change that name to something encompassing.

Yo can we get a discord channel up in this piece.

Discussing these things on a forum is way too 2006.

I'm excited. I just recently got super into this game so it's nice to see a team that runs their game with constant balance tweaks. This is the biggest nerf since I started playing and I'm intrigued to see what effect it has on the pro scene. Pharmacy was already climbing back in a big way and this helps it out a ton.
Hello Fren https://discord.gg/n3qGDaG

Joim

Pixels matter
You can animation cancel shots with grenades, sandz. You can get both at the same time.

Also we do have the #ow IRC channel, but having a Smogon ow discord seems like cool :D

sandshrewz

POTATO
You can animation cancel shots with grenades, sandz. You can get both at the same time.

Also we do have the #ow IRC channel, but having a Smogon ow discord seems like cool :D
Referring to this? Afaik this is completely irrelevant and you're wasting effort and efficiency to do this if you're giving urgent triage heals, especially to keep 200HP heroes up. Don't even bother doing this for 200HP heroes if they're under fire.

HailFall

Pretty sure he's talking about shooting then throwing nade almost immediately after. You can shoot, interrupt animation with nade, then shoot again for big burst heals. Not as effective as it used to be but it's still strong.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Referring to this? Afaik this is completely irrelevant and you're wasting effort and efficiency to do this if you're giving urgent triage heals, especially to keep 200HP heroes up. Don't even bother doing this for 200HP heroes if they're under fire.
I do this all the time when I'm out of ammo but still need to use one of my cooldowns. Lots of scenarios where I use this. I get flanked while short on ammo or have to reload. I'd reload into a sleep dart or a grenade on the ground depending on if im full hp or not. And while healing anyone who's not under big focus fire that can live through it.

i heavily disagree with that comment saying its completely useless. it's a good tech to keep in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)