Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to give my pokemon hidden power fire with the IV spread 31-0-31-31-31-31 despite it being possible in the game through hyper training. When I change my hidden power it automatically changes my IVs, and when I change my IVs it automatically changes my hidden power.
What format are you playing?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I am unable to give my pokemon hidden power fire with the IV spread 31-0-31-31-31-31 despite it being possible in the game through hyper training. When I change my hidden power it automatically changes my IVs, and when I change my IVs it automatically changes my hidden power.
This isn't happening to me when I test it, It only changes my IVs when I select hidden power fire, and have 31 all. Otherwise it dosen't change them.

Could you try again, and if its still occuring, detail exactly how this is occuring?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-543663443
The opposing Mega Gengar's struggle "failed" in this singles metronome battle.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-543667598
Here, Struggle fails again, and also (Turn 74) Gengar's Outrage worked the first turn but showed a "but it failed" on the second turn. This should be fixed quickly, as it can decide games- just as you can see in this replay. The failure of outrage caused my Garchomp to survive and allowed it to kill Gengar.

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-543663443
The opposing Mega Gengar's struggle "failed" in this singles metronome battle.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-543667598
Here, Struggle fails again, and also (Turn 74) Gengar's Outrage worked the first turn but showed a "but it failed" on the second turn. This should be fixed quickly, as it can decide games- just as you can see in this replay. The failure of outrage caused my Garchomp to survive and allowed it to kill Gengar.
This is because of how Choice-locking works in Gen 7. Struggle failing was a bug that I fixed before even seeing your post, but Outrage failing after the first turn is completely intentional. Don't use Choice items in Metronome battles if you want to be able to use multi-turn moves successfully.

This isn't happening to me when I test it, It only changes my IVs when I select hidden power fire, and have 31 all. Otherwise it dosen't change them.

Could you try again, and if its still occuring, detail exactly how this is occuring?
My mistake. My pokemon were all set to level 50. However it seems to be possible to get hidden power fire with those IVs at level 50 when you edit them both at the same time through the text editor.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
My mistake. My pokemon were all set to level 50. However it seems to be possible to get hidden power fire with those IVs at level 50 when you edit them both at the same time through the text editor.
The validator should catch that

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Just tried it. It doesn't.
What format are you using to test this? If your using something like VGC, where the levels are auto set to 50 (even if they were 100 before), that will be allowed.

Ive tested in gen 7 OU and the validator catches it.

What format are you using to test this? If your using something like VGC, where the levels are auto set to 50 (even if they were 100 before), that will be allowed.

Ive tested in gen 7 OU and the validator catches it.
Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble

Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble
I don't know what your problem is , but try this.

Create a new team, from formats choose Kanto x Alola. Choose your pokemon, give it the hidden power you want, and from IV spreads choose the one you want. It should work, It does for me.

http://imgur.com/a/CfFSe

Could someone explain this to me? I verified this with someone over in /help.. for a second i thought i went colorblind haha. It seems that since today the color schemes of the moves are gone for me, which (surprisingly) gave a very odd sense of disorientation and my eyes/brain making up for what I usually assume the regular colors to be. Just curious if anything.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
IIRC Hyper Training only changes the stats, not the actual IVs, so that's why HP Fire with 31/0/31/31/31/31 is impossible.

Marty already patched this, it will be fixed at the next hotpatch / restart.
Ah, that's good. I saw the previous post about struggle, but it said fixed and didn't mention anything about when the fix was live. I also didn't know if this was a weird interaction with parental bond and hackmons. Especially since it wasn't listed under known bugs. Sorry for what was essentially a repost then.

From the help chatroom:

Michpem: hey guys, I really need help, for some reason the teambuilder button crashes my browser since yesterday
Michpem: I found that clearing the cookies (i.e. deleting my teams) works, but when I add a new one, it starts crashing again
Michpem: has anything changed on how teams are stored or something? I'm using Opera Next/Beta 44

It was working just fine two days ago, and now it's just crashing every time. It's working fine on Firefox, however. Still, Opera is my main browser, so it would be awesome if you guys could investigate this.

Dancer is not working correctly, as seen in this replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-545474327. I've tested this myself in-game, and I've found that when a Pokemon uses a dance move, all other active Pokemon with the Dancer ability each copy the move once, in order of lowest to highest speed. This actually ignores Trick Room, so it might be worth looking into any other effects that alter turn order like Lagging Tail, Prankster, etc., as well as whether effects like Choice Scarf and Tailwind are considered. Also, as seen at the very start of Turn 3, Dancer is currently copying Teeter Dance even when the move fails to successfully confuse any Pokemon, which does not happen in-game. This is also the case for moves like Swords Dance; if the move fails to do anything (that is, if the move's in-game animation isn't triggered), a Pokemon with Dancer will not copy it, even if it would succeed when used by that Pokemon.

http://i.imgur.com/GZbna3f.png

When using Power Trick (and I'd assume for others), the modifiers aren't shown (switching the base stat then applying boosts). Continues to show base-stat and final result, despite Power Trick altering the stats. This should be included in the mouse-over modifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)