Metagame Godly Gift

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Small question, but Ultra Beasts aren't beeing regarded as Legendaries, right? Even if most UBs are otclassed as donnors, I don't want to face 223 HP Toxapex

I'll also probably edit one set or two here later just so it isn't short.

Ah, Gifts of the Gods--- I mean Godly Gift. I love this meta. The new gen has changed a lot and so I've upgraded my old team. If you wanna use it feel free to. Honestly without Mega Diancie and Talonflame it's not as good but I'm sure it's not bad either.

I dont hate rocks (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Bug Bite

I hate rocks (Scyther) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Knock Off / Quick Attack

You are gay (Alakazam) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Talonflame 2.0 (Serperior) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt
- Leaf Storm

Sableye is gay (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed

BAN ME DADDY (Rhydon) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Once M-Diancie is released, feel free to replace Scizor with this
Princess Edgy (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

Mega Scizor, the Pokemon replacing Mega Diancie. It also sort of replaces Talonflame due to the fact that it has decently strong priority (but of course nothing will replace that monster). It gets decent recovery and Swords Dance in case I need to pull off a sweep with Mega Scizor. It gets a debuff due to its lowered HP but I doubt it's much.

Scyther, Scizor's little brother. It has Eviolite so it can take attacks and since you should pretty much always run Eviolite on NFEs. It has great STAB, amazing attack, and Knock Off to, well, knock off items, and Quick Attack to hit people hard with 180 attack. I didn't invest in attack because it already had high attack and Scyther could use the bulk.

Alakazam. It inherited 20 defense. Seems horrible, right? Well, Focus Sash and Magic Guard lets it live any hit so not really. It has neat coverage, too.

Meet Serperior. This thing was major in GotG Gen 6. The main thing holding Serperior back besides its coverage is its bad Special Attack in OU, but here, 180 not only gives it high special attack, but it somewhat alleviates concerns with coverage. And with Contrary and good speed, this thing is hard to beat.

Meet the God, taking up the special defense slot. This thing isn't meant to do much. Just setup rocks and remove the lead's item. Maybe hit with an Espeed or a hard Psycho Boost or something.

Now meet the star of the team, basically one of the most important members and ultimate Talonflame counter: Rhydon. This thing is just amazing with 150 speed inherited from Deoxys-A. With Eviolite it can setup Swords Dance easily while being able to take a hit and then demolish with its STABs, and use Megahorn if necessary.

Transform into a strong mon and it's over.
Hmm... the closest thing I can think of next as a mon that poses a threat is Pheromosa, but Rhydon and Scizor beat that... no mon destroys my team, so that's good, I guess.

As I haven't checked out the gen 7 meta yet I don't know if this is the best team, but if you don't want to make a team feel free to steal this.

Last edited:
I believe urkerab is currently working on the code, at least for rom. Please be patient in the meantime.

E: It's now playable on ROM! Let us know if you find any bugs or anything.
Does the bot on ROM not have a Godly Gift team yet? Because usually when you challenge the bot to a battle it accepts right away, but with Godly Gift it's declining right now.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Well, after a successful day of play-testing, theorymon-ing, and a ton of teambuilding, I figure I'll post some thoughts on my findings thus far. You'll see some new up-and-coming major threats as well as those of old that I've come across and some Pokemon that have a chance of really standing out in the coming weeks. This is non-God Pokemon only. I haven't gotten to testing the new gods yet so I'll get back to you on those.

Deo-A Psychic Spam is definitely going to quickly become a staple archetype in this metagame since everything that is used in it is getting a gigantic buff. A good way to handle this, however, is completely eliminating the advantage this playstyle gets with Psychic Terrain with incredible speed. Mega Sharpedo was pretty lackluster in the last generation thanks to its poor bulk, limited moveset, and high opportunity cost over another mega, but thanks to SUMO's development as a fast, heavy-hitting gen Mega Sharpedo has a surprisingly high amount of viability. Gaining Psychic Fangs for coverage also helps to better manage some major Poison and Fighting threats that are beginning to arise, making this guy an awesome pick for handling teams with Tapu Lele and HO in general.

Magearna is already an amazing Pokemon, so giving it a better speed tier and eliminating the need to run Shift Gear is huge. If that doesn't tickle your fancy then step aside Toxapex, maxing out Magearna's HP to turn it into a defensive tank can be the blanket check you're looking for. Truth be told, you can just be mindless and give it 180 SpA because who cares. Magearna is probably going to be one of the biggest threats in the metagame outright, so be prepared to handle this thing.

Just imagine this. 180 Atk with Disguise intact and a Focus Sash. Is Mimikyu even killable? Could see a distinct rise in phazers and unaware mons to deal with this thing as well as many of the other setup sweeper threats that are starting to appear.

I've only used Mega Sableye a couple of times, but nothing has changed since last gen in regards to its effectiveness. Although it has more competition for the HP slot, I still think Mega Sableye is the go to Pokemon as of now because of what it can handle, i.e. Deo-A, HO, Stall, etc. However, with the rise in viable Fairy Pokemon I think its presence will be kept in check for the time being. Still a huge threat to watch out for.

Last time around Greninja and Hoopa-U were both God Pokemon so letting them lose as receivers could be quite interesting. Regular Greninja has a lot of options for stat-boosting while Ash Greninja could get a crucial boost in Speed or maybe overall bulk with HP. Hoopa-U will most likely get a Speed boost and will be an insane mixed attacker. They are still weak to priority but I could see them being tossed in with a Deo-A + Lele core and putting in a lot of work.

What are your guys thoughts on these mons? Any Pokemon that may not have a noticeable presence in regular tiers that you think could have potential in this metagame?

Small question, but Ultra Beasts aren't beeing regarded as Legendaries, right? Even if most UBs are otclassed as donnors, I don't want to face 223 HP Toxapex

I'll also probably edit one set or two here later just so it isn't short.
They aren't uber, so no. If you don't have an uber on your team then the first Pokemon will be the god. Since that slot is HP you can't use guzzlord to give its HP to someone.

You can use power construct zygarde to give someone 216 hp, right? If you put power construct on something, it becomes uber. At least I'm pretty sure that's how the OU banlist works; it bans power construct, not Zygarde-c.

(With PDon Attack Gift)
Scolipede @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail/Rock Slide

Very powerful late game cleaner, can hit many common mons super effectively, especially psychic spam. After a speed boost, it is faster than the unboosted metagame (with the exception of Deo-S)

You can use power construct zygarde to give someone 216 hp, right? If you put power construct on something, it becomes uber. At least I'm pretty sure that's how the OU banlist works; it bans power construct, not Zygarde-c.
while technically it would make it an uber mon, since you can't have complete form take up a space in teambuilder, it would likely just consider zygarde-50% to be the uber and only let you give 108 hp rather than 216

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I'm not sure if anyone thought of Pikachu or Marowak, but both can become very potent sweepers if Thick Club and Light Ball still work (though they are pretty slow)

I'm not sure if anyone thought of Pikachu or Marowak, but both can become very potent sweepers if Thick Club and Light Ball still work (though they are pretty slow)
Pikachu might want boosted Attack because it has Extreme Speed (Smeargle does it better) and a usable Speed stat, but Marowak already has the equivalent of roughly fully invested Adamant base 181 Attack when it's running Jolly. Stick Marowak on a Deoxys or Mewtwo team.

iLlama

Pikachu might want boosted Attack because it has Extreme Speed (Smeargle does it better) and a usable Speed stat, but Marowak already has the equivalent of roughly fully invested Adamant base 181 Attack when it's running Jolly. Stick Marowak on a Deoxys or Mewtwo team.
Pikachu also gets Fake Out, so you can run some FakeSpeed shenanigans.

If you can manage to get Trick Room up and then pivot out, Alolan Marowak can be deadly.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance

Just to illustrate its power, look at this calc against a standard OU Chansey:
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 729-858 (113.5 - 133.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Very few things (Shuckle inheriting Giratina's HP; bulky water, dragon, or thick fat mons inheriting HP from Giratina or defense from Groudon or Deoxys-D; bulky eviolite mons inheriting Giratina's HP; Fur Coat mons inheriting defense from Groudon or Deoxys-D; thick fat eviolite Munchlax inheriting defense from any Uber other than Deoxys and Deoxys-A) can take two hits from this thing, and nothing but Munchlax can take three.

Here are a few of the Pokémon that can take two hits from it:
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola (180 Atk) Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle (150 HP): 211-250 (41.8 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola (180 Atk) Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pyukumuku (150 HP): 234-276 (46.4 - 54.7%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola (180 Atk) Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hariyama (140 Def): 222-262 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 33.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola (180 Atk) Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Shelgon (150 HP): 187-222 (37.1 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola (180 Atk) Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou (140 Def): 157-186 (44.3 - 52.5%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola (180 Atk) Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Munchlax (70 Def): 174-206 184-218 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Does the bot on ROM not have a Godly Gift team yet? Because usually when you challenge the bot to a battle it accepts right away, but with Godly Gift it's declining right now.
We're suffering a slight technical hitch with the bot right now, so it doesn't have any teams. This would have already been fixed by now had I not accidentally deleted a comma in a crucial configuration file. Sorry about that.

oh cool! this is back.

not banning deoxys-a again from the start might be a mistake. it turned the meta last time into hyper-offense with almost no alternative, and it only gets worse with options like lele blocking anything trying to kill swellow with priority. meanwhile pheromosa gives no shits about tanking a 20 defense stat with garbage defenses to begin. deoxys just got a ton more options and stall was crap enough last time round with unstoppable mons like swellow, serperior, smeargle etc. and a mega sableye ban. not to mention deoxys itself. truth is that deoxys teams only have to sacrifice a single slot, because 50HP is totally usable in a hyper offense team (its a hp upgrade to an offensive mon like ditto, and its even a hp upgrade on some DEFENSIVE mons like shuckle, and is the exact same as toxapex's original base HP..) and deoxys itself gets to go into the defense slot. pheromosa can easily take that 20 special defense. it feels like deoxys gets the absolute best stats with no punishment at all outside of a forced hyper-offensive playstyle. that aside, lemme post some mons that i think will be impactful:

Guzzlord- having enormous hp means that putting it onto the +defense or +special defense slot for a god with even mediocre defenses (90s) is going to turn it into a megatank. this is a great mon to just slap on when you dont know what else to add in a bad slot.

Comfey- one of the best prio users in the game with Draining Kiss. its not slow or frail either, so a big special attack stat makes it great

Xurkitree/Koko- ughh at having to deal with this voltturn team. they beat their own counters, since both have ways to break through ground types and koko can kill or cripple marowak with a hp ground. Put xurkitree in the speed slot and koko in the spa slot

Pheromosa- pheromosa will take any defense stat youre offering and be pleased with it. yet another free gift to deoxys teams to tank a horrible 20 special defense stat (:T) but also has a good enough typing to run roost if it wants.

Wishiwashi- give this guy a hp stat (or speed stat) and he will be amazing.

Persian-A- this mon will enjoy a boosted defense or hp stat for sure.

Toxapex- its defenses are already strong, but a merciless set with tspikes is a stall wrecker, paired with a dugtrio that can trap opposing poison types and other toxapex.

Last edited:

iLlama

not banning deoxys-a again from the start might be a mistake. it turned the meta last time into hyper-offense with almost no alternative, and it only gets worse with options like lele blocking anything trying to kill swellow with priority. meanwhile pheromosa gives no shits about tanking a 20 defense stat with garbage defenses to begin. deoxys just got a ton more options and stall was crap enough last time round with unstoppable mons like swellow, serperior, smeargle etc. and a mega sableye ban. not to mention deoxys itself. truth is that deoxys teams only have to sacrifice a single slot, because 50HP is totally usable in a hyper offense team (this is even a hp upgrade on some DEFENSIVE mons like shuckle, and is the exact same as toxapex's original base HP..) and deoxys itself gets to go into the defense slot. pheromosa can easily take that 20 special defense. it feels like deoxys gets the absolute best stats with no punishment at all outside of a forced hyper-offensive playstyle. that aside, lemme post some mons that i think will be impactful:
I just want to start with a preface that generally speaking, abusers of stats will be looked at before God Pokemon themselves. I can understand how daunting Deo-A HO was last meta, believe me, I loved abusing its insane power. However, Stall was actually the best archetype last meta until Mega Sableye was banned and then Balance became the best archetype before the release of Eviolite and following it, so this isn't exactly correct. The reason the council and the community decided to ban Mega Sableye, something that I heavily pushed for, was because it over-centralized the meta drastically with any decent HP increase. There weren't enough Pokemon that were well equipped with handling it and its team support made it almost unbreakable. We also realized that this might kill Stall so we decided to resuspect Eviolite to counteract that and honestly it worked out fine, and it allowed for some much needed team diversity in the metagame. The difference now is there are a plethora of very viable Pokemon that can beat it, i.e. why it was unbanned for the new meta. There is definitely room to beat all these Deo-A stat receivers you mentioned as well in any of the archetypes for this meta. Most Deo-A HO teams depend on Psychic Terrain since most of the Pokemon will be rather frail, so if you have Pokemon that can outspeed it them and have hazards out, you technically eliminate this power-heavy issue. Plus in Balance and Stall builds, you can effectively work around most the available threats that Deo-A HO will most likely be utilizing, so I don't think that the issue will be the God itself, rather, the receivers.

In general moving forward, Pokemon that seem extremely dangerous and possibly broken as stat receivers will be looked into first rather than eliminating a God Pokemon from usage. The reason being is that if we up and quick-banned Deo-A, we would have to look into suspecting other comparable Pokemon such as Rayquaza, Deoxys, Arceus, etc., which isn't something that the council would like to do. If a specific stat receiver is taking advantage of stats and unbalancing the meta, they will be looked into first.
Guzzlord- having enormous hp means that putting it onto the +defense or +special defense slot for a god with even mediocre defenses (90s) is going to turn it into a megatank. this is a great mon to just slap on when you dont know what else to add in a bad slot.

Comfey- one of the best prio users in the game with Draining Kiss. its not slow or frail either, so a big special attack stat makes it great

Xurkitree/Koko- ughh at having to deal with this voltturn team. they beat their own counters, since both have ways to break through ground types and koko can kill or cripple marowak with a hp ground. Put xurkitree in the speed slot and koko in the spa slot

Pheromosa- pheromosa will take any defense stat youre offering and be pleased with it. yet another free gift to deoxys teams to tank a horrible 20 special defense stat (:T) but also has a good enough typing to run roost if it wants.

Wishiwashi- give this guy a hp stat (or speed stat) and he will be amazing.

Persian-A- this mon will enjoy a boosted defense or hp stat for sure.

Toxapex- its defenses are already strong, but a merciless set with tspikes is a stall wrecker, paired with a dugtrio that can trap opposing poison types and other toxapex.
All of these will be interesting Pokemon in the upcoming metagame for sure. Guzzlord, unfortunately, still carries some pretty poor stats overall and a quad weakness to Fairy-types, which are much more common now so I think it won't be able to have too large of a presence. Comfey will be cool to utilize and I can't wait to try and teambuild with it. Still going to be difficult to find a spot for it on teams, but definitely a threat nonetheless. I think Xurkitree and Koko will be a powerful duo, for sure, but I definitely see some Pokemon that will be able to manage it like Gods such as PDon and Dialga, while there are definitely some receivers that can speed creep these guys like scarf Lele or scarf Excadrill, hit them for hard neutral priority like Smeargle or Pikachu, and Pokemon that can tank their hits like Defensive Char-X or Mega Venu. Honestly still a fearsome duo that you'd need to build for. Yeah, I agree Pheromosa is going to be a monster and is one Pokemon we'll definitely be looking out for, however I think this meta will be able to develop around it with all of the massive damage going around. I'm so happy Wishiwashi is going to be good in this meta because I really want to take advantage of those crazy stats it has. I don't think Alolan Persian will be relevant because honestly it's just a bad Pokemon. Sure it could have insane defense and Fur Coat, but there's nothing it can do besides pivot with Parting Shot. Maybe an offensive set will work with band and PShot but who knows. 150 HP Toxapex, oml.

I've got a few things that I'm contemplating but I only wanna bring forward a couple for now.
For starters, surprised not to have heard anything about this guy yet.

Say you put him on a Deoxys-A team, that's 180 Atk, 115 Spe, Thousand Arrows for Coverage, Outrage for Power, and Extreme Speed for Priority. Just using the standard OU Choice Band set with boosted attack sounds extremely threatening, and it has pretty much everything you could look for in a sufficient pokemon to take up your Atk slot, between power, coverage and priority. Even boasting room for utility in Toxic. What's also cool is how spashable it is, given it's low base 100 Atk, it still gets an attack boost from just about any God there is. Plus its Ground STAB is pretty handy for taking down threats like Toxapex and Primal Groudon.

The other thing I wanna put a larger spotlight on is Solgaleo.

Solgaleo strikes me as a surprisingly interesting option for your God pokemon. It doesn't boast the most awesome stat spread by any means, but it's still pretty sweet. But the reason I'm looking at Solgaleo is for it's potential to perhaps be relatively anti meta as a pokemon as opposed to a God, due to it's ability to check Psychic and Fairy types. Special Defence is it's lowest stat, but that doesn't stop Solgaleo itself from taking up that slot and still being a beastly Special Wall, being used in Ubers to counter Xerneas and Deoxys-A, and that being extended in this meta to check Psychic Spam and powerful Fairies like Magearna and Comfey. Take another look and you'll notice that all of Solgaleo's remaining stats are actually above average, outside of his 97 base speed, which is still nice for powerful pokemon who are able to boost their speed or run Choice Scarf effectively. That HP and Atk in particular look very enticing. So to me Solgaleo Balance seems like it would be quite easy to build with and have a lot of merits to it. Try it for yourself.

I can understand why someone might think that stall is still viable (although im inclined to disagree, id be interested if someone could show me a stall team and ill find some mons that obliterate it), but i wonder why you guys are saying that a deoxys-a ban would lead to a rayquaza or arceus suspect. deoxys-a stands out as a mon with 3 totally unrivalled stats, no viable god even comes close. i could totally see a regular deoxys suspect happening too, but all the other god options come with several mediocre stats that you need to deal with, along with not providing such absurd positives. do you not think that deoxys-a stands slightly above the norm?

Anyways not to pressure (ha) u guys into anything, I havent played it yet this gen and Im just going off of my experiences last time round, and I stopped playing shortly after eviolite was unbanned. Maybe something has changed. But I only see it as getting even more favourable to deoxys. Like you said, deoxys-a teams are going to be using psychic terrain combined with a 150 speed stat or higher on 2-3 pokemon (deoxys-a, pheromosa, and the speed inheriter), so half of their team is going to run circles around most others. The sheer number of threats paired with the increased strength of trappers makes defensive teambuilding very painful. But I am ok with sitting and waiting to see how the meta develops

iLlama

I can understand why someone might think that stall is still viable (although im inclined to disagree, id be interested if someone could show me a stall team and ill find some mons that obliterate it),
I'm not self-plugging, but my stall from last gen is still one of the best compositions out there. I made some adjustments for the threats running around in this metagame, but once I end up finalizing the team it will most likely again be the best team in the meta and specialize in shutting down Deo-A teams.
but i wonder why you guys are saying that a deoxys-a ban would lead to a rayquaza or arceus suspect. deoxys-a stands out as a mon with 3 totally unrivalled stats, no viable god even comes close. i could totally see a regular deoxys suspect happening too, but all the other god options come with several mediocre stats that you need to deal with, along with not providing such absurd positives. do you not think that deoxys-a stands slightly above the norm?
Why would a Deo-A ban lead to suspects of other Gods? The only reason Deo-A is being put on a pedestal is because it has three of the highest stats available for passing. You're saying that Deo-A is over-centralizing the meta, but if we removed it, wouldn't a couple or few other Gods then over-centralize it after? Deoxys would easily step in and fill the gap that Deo-A left so the suspect ends up providing nothing to the meta other than a slew of following suspects on Gods that were comparable to Deo-A. It's not how high the stats of the God are that matters, it's the opportunity cost. The reason something like Deo-A or Deoxys would have such low opportunity cost is because of certain Pokemon in the meta that remove one or a couple of the major weaknesses that these Gods and their team comps generally have. Now, what kind of Pokemon would reduce the opportunity cost of Deo-A teams? On notable Pokemon is Tapu Lele, with its Psychic Terrain. Not only does it give Deo-A HO Psy Spam insane power, but it protects it from priority, which was one of the best ways to take out Deo-A HO besides running a full team of checks with Stall or a combination of both with Balance. What if Tapu Lele was out of the picture though? Deo-A HO would have a noticeable counter in priority and we wouldn't even need to discuss this. I'm not saying that we should suspect this or that right now since the new meta has just started, but we need to look into why something such as a God Pokemon is so effective and if its team support is what can cause it to be possibly broken.

I'm not self-plugging, but my stall from last gen is still one of the best compositions out there. I made some adjustments for the threats running around in this metagame, but once I end up finalizing the team it will most likely again be the best team in the meta and specialize in shutting down Deo-A teams.

Why would a Deo-A ban lead to suspects of other Gods? The only reason Deo-A is being put on a pedestal is because it has three of the highest stats available for passing. You're saying that Deo-A is over-centralizing the meta, but if we removed it, wouldn't a couple or few other Gods then over-centralize it after? Deoxys would easily step in and fill the gap that Deo-A left so the suspect ends up providing nothing to the meta other than a slew of following suspects on Gods that were comparable to Deo-A. It's not how high the stats of the God are that matters, it's the opportunity cost. The reason something like Deo-A or Deoxys would have such low opportunity cost is because of certain Pokemon in the meta that remove one or a couple of the major weaknesses that these Gods and their team comps generally have. Now, what kind of Pokemon would reduce the opportunity cost of Deo-A teams? On notable Pokemon is Tapu Lele, with its Psychic Terrain. Not only does it give Deo-A HO Psy Spam insane power, but it protects it from priority, which was one of the best ways to take out Deo-A HO besides running a full team of checks with Stall or a combination of both with Balance. What if Tapu Lele was out of the picture though? Deo-A HO would have a noticeable counter in priority and we wouldn't even need to discuss this. I'm not saying that we should suspect this or that right now since the new meta has just started, but we need to look into why something such as a God Pokemon is so effective and if its team support is what can cause it to be possibly broken.
You mean you aren't just self plugging :P

That's what he said, though. He literally just said that it stood out above the rest with three unrivaled stats, and that no viable god comes close; that "I could see maybe a deoxys-n suspect as well, but nothing else." Why is there a need to make up something that they allegedly said, that it would lead to more suspects, and strawman them just too... agree with them?

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I have an idea that could rebalance Deoxys-A: what if when the god dies, the followers' stats go back to normal?

Deoxys-A is extremely fragile, and once it dies the threat of HO mons like Serperior, Marowak, Smeargle, and others greatly decrease.
Giratina, although very bulky, does not have reliable recovery outside of Rest and therefore can be worn down quickly.
Offensive Arceus usually doesn't carry Recover and Defensive Arceus can be Toxic stalled to death.

I'm not sure if this is difficult to code but it can be an alternative to banning Deoxys-A outright. There aren't many Ubers and banning one I feel is unnecessary and harms the meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)