Tournament The Sketchmons Open [Round 4]

Welcome to the Sketchmons Open!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Sketchmons ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays must be posted alongside the result.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Round 4

Deadline is 7 days from this post, March 22nd. Remember to post replays or your match will be coin-flipped.

Jordn vs Melle2402
cuzzie vs Megazard
Racool vs Official Fissure
Level 56 vs MiyoKa

Thank you to h_n_g_m_n for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

Jordn vs Melle2402 - Jordan is a country, whereas Melle is a town in the Belgian province of East Flanders
[ Winner of: King Wynaut vs cuzzie ] vs Megazard - king wynaut / cuzzie's key to victory: force a 1300 turn battle and in turn a replay
Racool vs Official Fissure - highlight match. The above post presents incontrovertible proof that the tournament is rigged against racool, and as such, fissure is sure to win.
[ Winner of: Akashi vs Level 56 ] vs MiyoKa - I am not sure why I keep picking MiyoKa to win, but I see no reason to stop now.

If I win this, and get Jordn next round, im straight up quitting this open.

On the bright side, I dont have to worry about that, as I am p much guaranteed to lose to OF. We have already tested so many times that hes seen basically all my good teams... while Official Fissure seemingly has an endless supply of sketch teams

Edit: see i told you Jordn there was no way u were losing that match

beat Official Fissure in 3 really ggs:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-549222647
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-549228550
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-549234245
Honestly, I choked the first one so hard. As jrdn kindly pointed out after the match, I had the match won if i clicked dd on mega gross, and then I had the match won even later on if I had clicked moonblast on lele. In the end OF just predicted better to win g1 by a narrow margin. G2 was a bit one sided, purely because OF brought some insane ss memes, so respect for that ;P. G3 was intense af. In fact, what really screwed us both over were some teambuilding errors. I forgot to change chestnaught to a sacred fire set, which meant i couldnt take kart out, nearly costing me the match, while he made kart timid in order to boost speed, instead of jolly/adamant which wouldve boosted attack, which cost him the match in the end. That was probs the most nervous ive ever been playing mons lol. GG OF, and gl in any other opens :)

Huge S/O to Jordn for building the team i used g2 and 3. Its solid af. Also further thanks are in order for helping me test about a million times:)

soz for the essay :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)