Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Wow, the Lucio changes look interesting as hell. So jealous of those who can play on PTR!

Although, just wondering what the boop change means exactly? What does considering vertical orientation change?

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
I'm assuming the vertical orientation means that if Lucio is on a lower plane than the target he's booping, they'll regularly go at a higher angle without needing to aim far upwards, technically meaning they can go further away. If that's so, you'd better be careful on the steps on Nepal Sanctum and the bridges on Lijiang Garden.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
this lucio change is actually a sort indirect nerf to pharah. She cant take advantage of speed very well anymore. will likely make her easier to hit + harder to dive with. Dive comps in general might suffer too a bit, not sure. The radius is still pretty big (half hog's hook radius) but its not nearly infinite like it was before. This is a pretty big change to lucio and i think his playstyle will be much different once this hits live.

idk what to think about eichenwalde changes yet, need to play it a bit.

If the visual cue didn't extend to walls/verticals surfaces and aura range increased to 15-20 we are set for a much more lively Lucio.

HailFall

The visual cue is temporary, they say theyre going to remove it eventually but they are working on a better looking version of something similar for him that you can enable/disable in hero settings.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm liking the Lúcio changes and I feel compelled to support main once more, since Zenyatta is also getting buffed!

HailFall

finished placements on my alt. Mid gold, better than i expected. The mute feature sure is a great thing.

Trying to climb on my main too. It kinda feels like nothing I do as ana even matters. I know that sounds like im tilting but im really not, it just doesnt feel like im having any long term impact with my plays. I dont think ive ever felt like i actually swung the outcome of a match. Like i can get really good nanos and really good sleeps but it doesnt mean we're gonna win the game. I like playing ana but its a little disappointing to me that she feels kind of unrewarding. Maybe im just not noticing when something i do does actually have a big impact idk.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is really no one going to comment on the new NRG roster?

Harbleu might easily be top three Zarya and Hogs in the world and IDDQD is one of the top hitscans.

I'm not sure where to place the rest of the team. Seagull is an okay Genji, and great Mei, but the meta is favoring Genii so we'll probably see him in that.

Ajax and Dummy have always just been sold players. With Rouge slipping lately I'm not sure who to call best NA team (though I'm always down for LG Evil). I want to see the new NRG in a real game but overall they're super solid.

Maybe we see Seagull on Or15a? I'm not sure where he's going to fit. He was a TF2 dps, maybe he just stays in that role

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seagull as an okay Genji is kinda underselling it :p he was Roamer for TF2. Could probably just call him the projectile flex who can go third tank when necessary, and harbleu can go third dps. You can probably count the number of people with greater flexibility than Seagull on one hand.

NRG is definitely a team to be hyped for, better than all their other lineups so far imo.

HailFall

I should have started playing widow in comp a long time ago. Ive used her for picks on certain maps before but never for like a full game. Its seriously so much better this way. Obviously im gonna swap if im getting shut down or just playing really badly, but playing her as much as possible in comp is really really enjoyable actually. The games feel balanced unlike qp, and i feel like i can actually have an impact and do well. Idk what it is, but this is really good. I can feel that im getting better at her just from playing her like this. Its great. I actually feel like a competent widowmaker playing this way. I dont think im ever gonna go back to being qp widow.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Orisa is gonna be released one week into qp first, this is an interesting approach.
So big patch coming tomorrow!

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Really wish they would alter console more like they did with Torb and Sym early on. Ana can keep her damage and Pharah really needs to be toned down on the platform. Mercy could also use a slight nerf as well along with Sym but I'm hopeful Jeff From The Overwatch Development Team is going to keep his promise of balancing them individually.

Joim

Pixels matter
Orisa is trash and won't be used much until she gets something. Right now she's just an ult battery, super easy to kill due to a critbox the size of Manhattan, and she has no reliable escape options. Even Fortify won't stop a Tracer from just melting her in about three seconds.

HailFall

Yeah I feel like orisa suddenly becomes helpless the second she's attacked at an off angle. I think she's supposed to be a very positioning based hero, since she is so helpless when she doesn't have a barrier directly between her and her opponents. Her shift compliments this, preventing her from being booped out of position.

Also, ana can no longer handle pharmercy in a time efficient way :(. Pharah is gonna be terrorizing lower ranks even more than before.

Edit: tfw pharah on your team is complaining about dying to symmetra ?_?

Last edited:

HailFall

Really not looking forward to this change. Gonna make playing flank-vulnerable heroes miserable in low ranks. Like it might be something easily punishable higher up but down here where flanking symmetra goes unpunished it's gonna be awful to deal with something that's actually hard to hit.

Dspstanky style baiting of your team is already annoyingly common. It's gonna get even worse now. Seems like Lucios in plat and gold either never speed or go off on their own as a solo flanker and try to get kills.

the aggressive flanking dspstanky solo lucio playstyle is cancer, at least with the healing and aura changes they're not going to be helping their team if they do shit like that but he's going to be downright unpunishable otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)