Other Metagames (Full Potential) Tailwind HO

Introduction

Hi there, welcome to my first RMT. I'm posting this team here hoping to get some advice in order to make it better. So I wanted to build an HO team around Tailwind wich is a very good move in this meta, doubling both speed and offensive presence of my chosen sweepers. The team is far from perfect, this is not a showcase and the main reason I'm posting is to improve it. I'll happly hear your thoughts and critics about it.

The Team

magic (Whimsicott) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Memento
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
Whim is my first Tailwind user, with Prankster so i can guarantee to pull it off in most situations. Memento helps getting safely on the field one of my sweepers. It can also do significative damage vs some opponents when Tailwind is up, acting as an attacker if needed.

dog (Swellow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave
- Quick Attack
Honestly this is the least useful member of the team, often ending up getting sac'd to let something else in safely. It's an amazing attacker, capable of doing enormous damage but i feel it doesn't synergize too well with the remaining members of the team. Looking for something else to swap him with.

fetus (Mew) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Explosion
Mew provides Tailwind support as well as hazard removal. Explosion hits very hard under Tailwind, and gives momentum to my sweeper's profit. Last moveslot is filler, I decided to use Taunt to potentially prevent TR users from setting up, but I'm not sure what I should put in that slot.

birb (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Fire Blast
Aerodactyl is an amazing lead, also providing Tailwind support, hazards, and anti-lead capabilities with a fast Taunt. No STAB may sound weird, but i found FB to be an amazing lure to unsuspecting bulky steel- and grass-types who think they're safe coming in.

snake (Zygarde-10%) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thousand Arrows
- Earth Power
- Extreme Speed
This thing is amazing expecially under Tailwind, scoring so many OHKOS also thanks to Groundium Z. 1K Arrows and Espeed are mandatory I feel, Draco can be swapped with Core Enforcer but I like Draco's spammability (since your Sp.Atk drops don't really matter), while Earth Power is nice vs Phys Def monsters like Steelix and Doublade but it can be swapped with something like Sludge Wave or a rock move if you need to hit something specific.

grenin ja ja (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
Lastly, the other sweeper. The ninja toad doesn't disappoint either, being VERY hard to stop at +2/+2 and with 4 STABs. 4MSS is strong in this mon, and i still didn't figure out what's the most appropriate coverage, but this has been working for me so far. Low Kick and Gunk Shot are good vs the myriad of Sp.Def mons like Regice and Araquinid who otherwise could take this on pretty decently.

Conclusion

So, this is it. Sorry if i messed up something, as I said this is my first RMT, so feel free to correct me should it be the case. I realize this team get 6-0'd by any good Trick Room team and it also struggles with priority, I don't know how can it's match-up with such archetypes be improved. Looking forward to suggestions, I thank you all for reading!

Last edited:
tailwind is a cool move and definitely something that can fit on an HO team - however investing 3 pokemon into being tailwind setters limits what kind of offensive presence you can have. try using only 1 or 2 at the most, and bringing in something to help vs priority/a good wallbreaker instead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)