M&M Mix and Mega

lol. idc what the stats say, HP ground is the most logical move on it in MnM rn, espeically with all these red orb mons out there, which are supposed to wall Manaphy(heh...if thats even possible)
Haha... the only way you're going to get HP Ground to even show up as a used move for Manaphy is for you to submit a sample of your offensive team. We as a thread should go over Manaphy's coverage moves sometime.... excluding Ice Beam, as that's mandatory for obvious reasons. Manaphy is brutally difficult to wall or just plain deal with, and the rest of the Mega Stones is only going to make that endeavor harder.

In other news, the Sylveon stats seem rather intriguing. Maybe we can uncover a hidden gem from the rough by using that...

Not super interested in suspect testing so imma just toss a set here:

Lucario @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Water Pulse

With all the runs I've done with this set, it's been able to OHKO at least one or 2 opponents right of the bat as long as the opponent doesn't immediately use something bulky like blue orb golisopod or kyogre.

Aura Sphere on this set has amazing sweep potential as it gets a mega launcher boost, doesn't check accuracy, and gets STAB. Dark Pulse is good for coverage as it can hit psychic & ghost types really well.

Unfortunately, this can't hit fairy types, but that can be backed up by heavy slam celesteela.

Not super interested in suspect testing so imma just toss a set here:

Lucario @ Blastoisinite
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Water Pulse

With all the runs I've done with this set, it's been able to OHKO at least one or 2 opponents right of the bat as long as the opponent doesn't immediately use something bulky like blue orb golisopod or kyogre.

Aura Sphere on this set has amazing sweep potential as it gets a mega launcher boost, doesn't check accuracy, and gets STAB. Dark Pulse is good for coverage as it can hit psychic & ghost types really well.

Unfortunately, this can't hit fairy types, but that can be backed up by heavy slam celesteela.
How about something more like this...

Lucario @ Blastoisinite
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse / Dragon Pulse
- Nasty Plot / Vacuum Wave

Blastoisinite Lucario is incredibly fearsome, especially with Sticky Web support, and doubly so with Psychic Terrain. Pretty much everything coming from this movepool does huge chunks of damage to the entire tier. It might be even nastier than Primal Kyogre or Red Orb Raikou to wall...
Aura Sphere is, as stated, STAB that is not only powerful, but never misses. I will be legitimately surprised if Blissey isn't 2HKOed from such power. Flash Cannon is secondary STAB, and while it's not boosted even further, it does allow Lucario to bust Fairies without a second thought. Florges might be able to take two, but that's about it...
The choice between Dark and Dragon Pulse depends on preference... Dark Pulse takes down Ghosts like no other, while Dragon Pulse is suited for more aggressive Dragon teams.
(Water Pulse takes out Ho-oh and Landorus-Therian, but is not too useful in comparison)
Nasty Plot is the key part of this set, and what allows Lucario to be a massive bane to stall everywhere. You practically are forced to run Ho-oh to take on Lucario at +2... I legitimately cannot think of anything else that actually takes two hits from Lucario, if it carries the proper move.. besides Golisopod, because that thing is actually a decent Lucario check.
Vacuum Wave is in case you want priority instead.

Blue Orb Celesteela is a decent partner, though... That set above is simply underselling how scary a Lucario with Mega Launcher really is, especially how it dodges all of the major problems of being one.... except the averageish speed.

It's actually not even close.

252 SpA Mega Launcher Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 272-324 (38 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That's not great without a boost and with that speed tier. Magearna's actually worse (though requiring Magearna to be SpDef). Close Combat helps a little against Blissey, but you can actually lose to a series of low rolls and I've lived that life too many times to be about it any longer.

It's actually not even close.

252 SpA Mega Launcher Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 272-324 (38 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That's not great without a boost and with that speed tier. Magearna's actually worse (though requiring Magearna to be SpDef). Close Combat helps a little against Blissey, but you can actually lose to a series of low rolls and I've lived that life too many times to be about it any longer.
I knew Blissey was bulky, but... dang. At least we know Lucario solidly 1v1s it.
My main point still stands, though. Blastoisnite Lucario is a menace to stall, but has a ton of answers offensively, and even in balance teams, there are answers.

If I wanted to use Close Combat, I'd run Pinsirite. And speaking of which.... I have the perfect segway.
See, Lucario was also one of the original banned mons, due to the ability to set up a Swords Dance immediately and its powerful Extreme Speeds. Today, I think we know that it also has issues. Namely, the fact that speedy Arceus-Electric and Arceus-Rock body its Mega Evolved form. It's very easy for Lucario to has amassed a bunch of chip damage from setting up, so it's not terribly hard to KO, compared to something like Zygarde or Dragonite, which can very often sponge a hit to set up. Also, it might be easier on stall than Blastoisinite Lucario, since burns actually hurt it.

But indeed, those Extreme Speeds will still hurt.... and it's why Pinsirite Lucario can be scary if you treat it lightly.

So, I know everyone is absorbed with the dragonite suspect at the moment, but, just for reference, when Pidgeotite debuts we're going to see a quickban, yeah?

Xurkitree @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Beast Boost (No Guard)
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Hypnosis
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

After tail glow against sablenite blissey with no sp def investment:
+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Zap Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 456-537 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
w/ sp def investment
+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Zap Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 394-465 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So, I know everyone is absorbed with the dragonite suspect at the moment, but, just for reference, when Pidgeotite debuts we're going to see a quickban, yeah?

Xurkitree @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Hypnosis
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Zap Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 456-537 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
w/ sp def investment
+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Zap Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 394-465 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I mean, Xurk is still pretty slow, and Gengar competes pretty heavily with it despite the lack of Nasty Plot due to its higher speed and actually having coverage. Xurkitree's speed is pretty unimpressive even after mega evolving, and it's not particularly bulky.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.

Xurkitree @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Hypnosis
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

w/ sp def investment
Interesting set but I think Absolite Manaphy kinda outclasses it.

Manaphy has respectable bulk while being able to get past its usual checks called Kyogre, Toxapex, and Golisopod. They all die in 2 Energy Balls when +3.

Also in emergency, Manaphy can survive Groudon's Precipice Blades (IMO most variants run defensive Stealth Rock) and set Tail Glow, while Xurkitree can't do much against it.

Interesting set but I think Absolite Manaphy kinda outclasses it.

Manaphy has respectable bulk while being able to get past its usual checks called Kyogre, Toxapex, and Golisopod. They all die in 2 Energy Balls when +3.

Also in emergency, Manaphy can survive Groudon's Precipice Blades (IMO most variants run defensive Stealth Rock) and set Tail Glow, while Xurkitree can't do much against it.
About Xurkitree not doing much to Primal-Groudon...

+3 252 SpA Pidgoetite Xurkitree Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 303-357 (75.1 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Pidgeotite Xurkitree Energy Ball vs. 168 HP / 36 SpD Groudon-Primal: 411-484 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(it also naturally outspeeds it, thanks to the Pidgeotite speed boost)

This is where you start putting up those red alert signs for stall; the ultimate breaker is coming. While Xurkitree does have huge problems, it still has absolute power that simply destroys slowpokes, and those that can't resist it have little hope... even Blissey, as we saw earlier. Obvious, but it needs to be stated again. I'm thinking this is definitely worth a suspect very soon... Pidgeotite Gengar, while extremely powerful, can still be shut down by stall and its Magic Bounce. Xurkitree... you absolutely have to answer it offensively, or it just Zap Cannons teams to oblivion. (besides Shedinja, but then again, HP Fire is a decent option for coverage, if you don't care for sleep moves) Simply not addressing this at all can become a big mistake.

And yes, it isn't quite paper, either;

252+ Atk Pixilate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Xurkitree: 198-234 (64.4 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You will still need a very powerful attack or a SE hit to take Xurkitree down.
While Absolite Manaphy is very powerful in its own right, doing better against offense, Xurkitree is also really scary...

E: Oh yeah, Entei sometimes runs that.

252+ Atk Entei Bulldoze vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Xurkitree: 166-196 (54 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Does more than half, which can be nice. Not an OHKO, which is definitely not good for Entei.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I feel like Shed stall will be the best new thing
"Signature":
Stall is for nuubs

Okay then.

Shedinja actually seems to have some niche, in terms of completely shutting down standard Pheromosa, Blue Orb users, or Tapu Koko without Pinsirite.

It requires ridiculously heavy anti-hazard support, but maybe the protection is worth it.

+3 252 SpA Pidgoetite Xurkitree Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 303-357 (75.1 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Pidgeotite Xurkitree Energy Ball vs. 168 HP / 36 SpD Groudon-Primal: 411-484 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This is where you start putting up those red alert signs for stall; the ultimate breaker is coming. While Xurkitree does have huge problems, it still has absolute power that simply destroys slowpokes, and those that can't resist it have little hope... even Blissey, as we saw earlier. Obvious, but it needs to be stated again. I'm thinking this is definitely worth a suspect very soon... Pidgeotite Gengar, while extremely powerful, can still be shut down by stall and its Magic Bounce. Xurkitree... you absolutely have to answer it offensively, or it just Zap Cannons teams to oblivion. (besides Shedinja, but then again, HP Fire is a decent option for coverage, if you don't care for sleep moves) Simply not addressing this at all can become a big mistake.

252+ Atk Pixilate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Xurkitree: 198-234 (64.4 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While Absolite Manaphy is very powerful in its own right, doing better against offense, Xurkitree is also really scary...
Bit too lazy to do calcs, and also in mobile which sucks, but what if Entei has Bulldoze (which I'm pretty sure is a viable option)?

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind

E: Oh yeah, Entei sometimes runs that.

252+ Atk Entei Bulldoze vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Xurkitree: 166-196 (54 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Does more than half, which can be nice. Not an OHKO, which is definitely not good for Entei.
Xurkitree is definitely not quick ban worthy, but these calcs are misleading. You're not getting off a Tail Glow AND 2 Energy Balls. PDon likely comes in on Xurks Tail Glow and OHKOs after taking 75. That said, a weakened PDon is in trouble.
Still, though, Xurk doesn't have the speed or priority necessary to be worthy of banning. It will be a better version of Hoopa-U, imo.

On a more broad basis, I'm annoyed Pidgeotite is the stone being released. Of all the stones to release, this is the only one that in my opinion is bad for the meta. It just increases the use of moves like Hypnosis and Zap Cannon, which isn't great, but nothing we can do. Ok venting over

"Signature":
Stall is for nuubs

Okay then.

Shedinja actually seems to have some niche, in terms of completely shutting down standard Pheromosa, Blue Orb users, or Tapu Koko without Pinsirite.

It requires ridiculously heavy anti-hazard support, but maybe the protection is worth it.
Get ninjad

Shed stall loses 6-0 to cm, roost, tbolt, hp fly modest max s.atk max hp absolite tapu koko it isnt that great /s

Forreal tho shed stall is infuriating to face esp with the standard ways of beating stall in taunt, hazards or trapping being either stopped by magic bounce or nonviable in the meta. The things that can beat it such as the set I mentioned or gyaradosite mons just arent viable enough to hold their weight against almost any other type of team. It'll be interesting to see how the meta shifts once Pidgeotite is reintroduced and eventually when the megastone use limit is reduced back to 1 again.

Xurkitree is definitely not quick ban worthy, but these calcs are misleading. You're not getting off a Tail Glow AND 2 Energy Balls. PDon likely comes in on Xurks Tail Glow and OHKOs after taking 50. That said, a weakened PDon is in trouble.
Still, though, Xurk doesn't have the speed or priority necessary to be worthy of banning. It will be a better version of Hoopa-U, imo.

On a more broad basis, I'm annoyed Pidgeotite is the stone being released. Of all the stones to release, this is the only one that in my opinion is bad for the meta. It just increases the use of moves like Hypnosis and Zap Cannon, which isn't great, but nothing we can do. Ok venting over
I was never calling for a quick ban... I was simply calling for a somewhat quick suspect. We have scarier threats for sure. Ones that need to be addressed even sooner.

Also... Primal Groudon takes 60-70.4% from two +0 Energy Balls. It's not exactly weak...

But yeah, those calcs show that Primal Groudon without full SpDef investment are incredibly scared of Energy Ball. It can use the set detailed above to buy a possible turn with Hypnosis, if it comes in fresh.

I am personally annoyed we are not getting Altarianite yet, but this was indeed pretty predictable, everything considered. But hey... it also probably means Lopunnite is coming sooner rather than later.

Oh, yeah. We never had two possible Pidgeotite stones before. I am actually kind of scared right now for the bottom line...

I've been running a pretty successful Shaymin Sky set with absolite:

Flying Shrubbery (Shaymin-Sky) @ Absolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

It outspeeds most things that aren't -atespeed users, Pheromosa, Weavile or Kartana (and Kartana can't really do much to it), and it dishes out quite a bit of damage. While Magic Bounce is great, pidgeotite (no guard) seems even better. It's +25 more SpA, and guaranteed hits with Seed Flare and Air Slash seems great to me. I'm not sure if there is any mon that would outspeed it with the -20 Spe pidgeotite gives, but if so, it can be switched to a timid nature.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I've been running a pretty successful Shaymin Sky set with absolite:

Flying Shrubbery (Shaymin-Sky) @ Absolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

It outspeeds most things that aren't -atespeed users, Pheromosa, Weavile or Kartana (and Kartana can't really do much to it), and it dishes out quite a bit of damage. While Magic Bounce is great, pidgeotite (no guard) seems even better. It's +25 more SpA, and guaranteed hits with Seed Flare and Air Slash seems great to me. I'm not sure if there is any mon that would outspeed it with the -20 Spe pidgeotite gives, but if so, it can be switched to a timid nature.
If I were you, I would run Timid Nature so you won't be murdered by Absolite Manaphy.
Also Shaymin-S's true niche (in Ubers and in general) comes from its ability Serene Grace;
Shaymin-S users hack PS! and get flinch every time
Shaymin-S has bad defense typing as well as weakness to Stealth Rock and underwhelming bulk, but it is usually mediated by Serene Grace which allows it to keep makings its foes flinch or lower wall's SpDef by -2 by 80% chance.

Shaymin-S is good as it is, but I still like your set's creativity.

Though I didn't bother laddering for reqs, I really hope Dnite gets banned. As many of you stated, it's just so good and easy to use. I think it's a necessary step to reach a more stable and enjoyable meta.

Just so this isn't a one-liner, I'd like to ask you what you think about Zygarde-10% and its role in the current meta. I see it listed in the VR alongside its 50% form, but in my experience i found it to be a little underwhelming compared to the big snake.
The lower bulk makes setting up much harder, and with only base 100 Atk pre-mega it's hardly doing significative damage without boosts.

Though I didn't bother laddering for reqs, I really hope Dnite gets banned. As many of you stated, it's just so good and easy to use. I think it's a necessary step to reach a more stable and enjoyable meta.

Just so this isn't a one-liner, I'd like to ask you what you think about Zygarde-10% and its role in the current meta. I see it listed in the VR alongside its 50% form, but in my experience i found it to be a little underwhelming compared to the big snake.
The lower bulk makes setting up much harder, and with only base 100 Atk pre-mega it's hardly doing significative damage without boosts.
It's mostly the base 115 speed it has, allowing it to use other stones without Dragon Dance being a requirement. It's not awesome, but it's usable.

Fardin decided he could take me on without showing any of the calcs. I'd like them shown to know what you're talking about. Running return is just a waste over Dnite's E Speed, as it's better as priority and can come in late and clean. Terrakion with Pinsirite is flying type, so none of your EQ's are hitting him in flight. I get you like to call us all pathetic little kids but I'd like to see the facts before you get up in my bizz.

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Terrakion with Pinsirite is flying type
Thanks for letting us know, but that isn't a set. If you're running it, I'd seriously reconsider your priorities.

Running return is just a waste over Dnite's E Speed
You're wrong. That's all I have to say here. It's an option to run Return and Espeed.

Maybe you thought you could make some edgy post and get away with it, but as someone once said...

I'd like to see the facts before you get up in my bizz.

Fardin decided he could take me on without showing any of the calcs. I'd like them shown to know what you're talking about. Running return is just a waste over Dnite's E Speed, as it's better as priority and can come in late and clean. Terrakion with Pinsirite is flying type, so none of your EQ's are hitting him in flight. I get you like to call us all pathetic little kids but I'd like to see the facts before you get up in my bizz.
While Fardin can be arrogant he does give good points.

Fardin said:
Pdon is usually one of the mons it could potentially set up on, assuming that multiscale is still on. It isn't even a switch-in to it, cause dnite will be at +1 by the time it comes in and can either set up again than evolve to ohko with eq, or attack with multiscale on, than evolve next turn and eq again....
Only time Pdon could handle dnite is when it's at full health and multiscale is off...but let's be honest Lol..many pokes could do that
Lets say Pdons switches in on Dragonite as it ddances, next turn Dragonite eqs in regular form.
+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 242-286 (60 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yes Pdon lives but what does it do back?
0 Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 125-148 (38.6 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
All that you have done is broken multiscale while losing your Primal Groudon while Dragonite is still alive and at +1 and that's if edge hits. The only other options that Pdon has is to either burn with Lava Plume which is only a 30% chance or Roar Dragonite out which only delays Dragonite due to its multiscale still being intact. In the end unless you have rocks up Pdon can't do much to Dragonite, and don't complain about no rocks because without multiscale a lot of other mons can be a pain to Dragonite too, multiscale is the main selling point of Dragonite.
Another thing to keep in mind during all of this is that the majority of Pdons are S.def support sets that dont run edge so you cant even kill Dragonite, only phaze or break multiscale while taking a ton from eq opening up the door to other sweepers such as Geoxern.

Fardin said:
Also about zapdos...it has to be close to full health for it to take a +1 sedge from dnite and If it lacks hp ice, it could easily set up again for the ohko, so even that struggles with it...
+1 252+ Atk Pinsirite Dragonite Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Venusaurite Zapdos: 264-312 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

That is a very shaky check to Dragonite if Dnite is running edge-quake coverage, which in my opinion is the best coverage it has. Even if edge does miss or rocks arent up or you live the edge...

0 SpA Venusaurite Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsirite Dragonite: 208-248 (64.3 - 76.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

It doesn't even kill and has only a very small chance to kill with rocks up. All Dragonite needs is rocks or maybe a small amount of damage to start and then boom, your Dragonite check is gone. The only other thing Zapdos can do to Dragonite is poison it with toxic which does put it on a timer but even then you have to sack half your team before it dies.

Also slowbronite removes one of the Zapdos' most important strengths in thick fat, which while it does give it more defense...

+1 252+ Atk Pinsirite Dragonite Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbronite Zapdos: 226-266 (58.8 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You still are 2hkod by edge while not even ohkoing back...

0 SpA Slowbronite Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 220-260 (68.1 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You also lose out on being a good pdon check by running slowbronite which is one of the better selling points of Zapdos.

0 SpA Groudon-Primal Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 202-238 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fardin said:
Also about all the weavile posts....that poke is able to even check regigias and kyruem, 2 previously banned pokes. Everything has an offensive counter, but it can still be broken
Yeah weavile can control Dragonite's damage but you cant switch it in unless something else on your team has already died. Beyond that if dragonite has setup and has multiscale still up...

252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 192-228 (59.4 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You still have a +1 Dragonite on your hands and you have been forced to switch your weavile out unless you want it to die to espeed. Along with all of that Weavile is weak to rocks so its switchins can be limited. Weavile is an offensive check to Dragonite, but it definitely is not a counter.

Fardin said:
Terrak does literally nothing to nite. It can set up on it 1v1 and ohko it with eq the next turn..same goes for koko and many other shit offensive counters that most mentioned
252 Atk Adaptability Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 272-320 (84.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Dragonite lives, dds, and ohkos back.

252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 169-201 (52.3 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pinsirite Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 198-234 (61.3 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pinsirite is bad. If you even want to get off that much damage you have to mega evolve which removes the eq dodge out of the equation. If you refrain from mega evolving then your opponent might be able to predict the pinsirite mega evolution which then brings it down to a prediction over whether or not you will mega evolve. Even then the Dragonite user might just opt to espeed for damage because normally espeed would do this much.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Terrakion: 334-394 (103.4 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucarionite Terrakion: 288-339 (89.1 - 104.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

But even if you make the right play you might just end up taking nearly half of your health while giving yourself a sr weakness.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Terrakion: 141-166 (43.6 - 51.3%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

One thing to remember along with all of this, Pinsirite Terrak is bad and incredibly inferior to Lucarionite. If you really want to have a pinsirite user like Terrak then you are better off with Lucario or Cobalion. The former having Espeed and the latter having a better defensive typing which allows it to setup easier and a higher speed tier over Lucario.

Tapu Koko isn't even guaranteed to ohko mega evolved Dragonite with dazzling gleam

252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsirite Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

That's megad Dragonite. Which means Dragonite has a chance to setup on it, definitely if koko is absolite, and most most definitely if Dragonite has multiscale.

While Tapu Fini can take hits better it isn't in that much better of a situation than Koko.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Tapu Fini: 154-183 (44.7 - 53.1%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO

That is a good chunk of damage on a mon with no recovery, also...

0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsirite Dragonite: 198-234 (61.3 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Moonblast doesnt even kill after rocks, thus meaning that your Fini can die especially if rocks are up from 2 +1 espeeds, even if it does live it will be at very low health and will be unable to take any more hits from there due to its lack of recovery beyond rest.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 183-216 (51.9 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

???

0 Atk Blue Orb Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsirite Dragonite: 195-231 (60.3 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

??????

Blissey is forced to toxic Dragonite but in the meantime Dragonite is getting another ddance or two...

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Blissey: 303-357 (42.4 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Blissey: 403-475 (56.4 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Blissey: 502-592 (70.3 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Slowbronite takes the hits better but allows you to be crippled by the likes of taunt and toxic.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbronite Blissey: 255-301 (35.7 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbronite Blissey: 340-402 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 83.6% chance to 2HKO
+3 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbronite Blissey: 424-501 (59.3 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Once again Blissey can't kill Dragonite immediately so there will be a couple turns for ddances, which potentially could lead to your Blissey dying.

VirginiaEscavalier said:
Running return is just a waste over Dnite's E Speed, as it's better as priority and can come in late and clean.
Return is a very viable option, while without espeed you don't have priority you instead get a nice power boost that can muscle through some of Dragonite's checks easier. Return doesn't even have to be put over espeed, it could replace edge if you didn't like missing.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Blissey: 384-453 (53.7 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

After just 1 ddance you are 2hkoing Blissey, thus ensuring that it cant stall out toxic turns unless it has protect.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 324-382 (45.3 - 53.5%) -- 37.9% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 433-510 (60.6 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 540-636 (75.6 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With Return Blissey isn't looking nearly that solid of a check to Dragonite.

Another check that you didn't mention to Dragonite was Arceus-Water which is what I was running as a Dnite check before the suspect.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Arceus-Water: 196-232 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- 16.8% chance to 2HKO

While yes it takes the espeed very well...

0 SpA Arceus-Water Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsirite Dragonite: 260-308 (80.4 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It doesn't even ohko back with ice beam, thus giving Dragonite a chance to ddance again on a recover or just do more damage. But if rocks are up, well...

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Arceus-Water: 196-232 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

But once again, Return can muscle past it without rocks just as it would for Tapu Fini. Honestly Fini is subpar in comparison to Waterceus with its only niche over it being fairy typing and magic bounce while losing out on speed and recovery.

All of the things I talked about in this post show how unreasonably difficult it is to stop Dragonite from sweeping and how incredibly easy it is for Dragonite to setup and sweep the whole meta and why it should definitely be banned from holding a mega stone.

VirginiaEscavalier said:
I'd like to see the facts before you get up in my bizz.

There they are.
*Edit. Waterceus is forced to run Ice beam in order to stop Dnite effectively which forces it to drop either judgment or toxic assuming you are keeping recover and defog. Either way still limiting and I think I made my point anyways.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)