NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? Signups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, Shade said I could post this now.

Greetings and welcome to Why is there a gun in my popcorn? NOC signups.

There's popcorn (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn) and then there's Popcorn (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Popcorn_Mafia). The first kind of popcorn usually doesn't have a nonzero number of guns involved, so we're playing with the kind that does.

The town to scum ratio is 9:5 for 14 players, 11:6 for 17 players, and 13:7 for 20 players.

Only two roles in the game: VT or Goon. Both wincons are to eliminate the opposing faction.

There are no votes and no lynches in this game. Kills are made via a special transferable dayvig mechanic.
Players can make pseudovotes, though, to mark and track their scumreads.
During confirmation phase, the scumteam privately decides which Townie is the first in the game to receive The Gun.
Whoever has the gun is known as The Gunbearer.
At the start of any cycle, Mod announces who The Gunbearer is (and if they are a new Gunbearer, confirms them as Town).
The Gunbearer has 72 hours to decide on one living player to shoot, with other players providing input on/trying to influence the choice of target.

If The Gunbearer hits scum, the scum player dies and The Gunbearer gets to use the gun again in the next cycle.
Should The Gunbearer shoot a Townie, The Gunbearer dies and the targeted Townie becomes the new Gunbearer.
And if The Gunbearer reaches deadline without making a shot, The Gunbearer dies and the scumteam privately picks a living Townie to be the next Gunbearer.

This continues until one faction is completely eliminated. For Town, this requires all Mafia dead. For Mafia, this requires all Town dead (except for the last Gunbearer, who is endgamed).

And of course we need rules and player/sub lists.

1. Standard NOC rules. This is a simple game, and I want to keep it simple by limiting gametalk to the play thread and the scumchat. There is also no deadtalk or post editing allowed.

2. The Gunbearer shoots their chosen target with the command Shoot: Name of Player, along with pings for the Mod. This must be posted by the current Gunbearer in the game thread. Once The Gunbearer posts the shoot command, they cannot change their action and the current cycle is officially considered ended. Depending on mod availability, there may be a delay between cycle's end and the result.

3. If you're not The Gunbearer, you may not send in any commands. You can however, talk to The Gunbearer or any other player in the game as much as you want until the deadline or until The Gunbearer shoots, whichever comes first. Suggest a target, argue a case, beg for your life, or just casually chat, whichever you prefer. You also have the option to post pseudo-votes and FoSes, which have no bearing on the game other than to show your scumreads.

4. This is a nightless game with a 72 hour deadline for each cycle. The only time it is not a unicycle format is if The Gunbearer dies by idling out. If this happens, the Mafia has 24 hours to pick a new Gunbearer.

5. Mod reserves the right to adjust the 72 hour deadline to accommodate his own schedule. No player-requested extensions will be allowed.

6. Please inform the Mod if you are going to be unavailable due to vacation and/or limited access (V/LA), and provide an ETA for when you/your internet service will return. Players in V/LA Mode cannot be subbed out before the expected return date. Mafia cannot select a player in V/LA Mode when choosing a Gunbearer.

7. The game can support either 14, 17, or 20 players. Playerlist will be 'first come, first served', with priority given to players who have read the rules. Anyone who doesn't make the cutoff will be added to the Subs list alongside any players who sign to Sub.

8. Players may communicate privately with the Mod if they so wish. Nothing said by the Mod in one of these private conversations may be copypasted or quoted verbatim while the game is ongoing.

9. If you discover something gamebreaking, report it to the Mod. Mod reserves the right to prioritize forced subbing over modkilling.

10. I don't think it really needs to be said, but The Gunbearer (no matter who that may be) can only shoot one player per cycle and is not allowed to shoot themself.

11. To show that you have read the rules, include your favorite popcorn topping with your sign.

Player List

1. shubaka17
2. Hitmonleet
3. Thetwinmasters
4. Jalmont
5. UncleSam
6. MoodyCloud
7. winter-delta
8. Blazade
9. Asek
10. Fort Colorcastle
11. Josh
12. Haruno
13. DeathByWobbuffet
14. Yeti
15. Flyhn
16. Former Hope
17. Aura Guardian (low prio)
18. Texas Cloverleaf (low prio)
19. Martin (low prio)
20. Empoof (low prio)
(As per Rule 7 and the recent amendment, if we get more than 20 players, order of dropping to subs is low prio before no prio before high prio.)

Subs List

etc...

Also, if anyone's curious: my favorite's Old Bay Seasoning.

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
when's this starting? my availability is rocky until like sunday night

edit: actually now that i think about it my availability is pretty rocky after sunday night, too. think i need to pass on this one

edit2: im gay

Last edited:
Depending on whether or not I'm online when either situation happens, game starts either 1) immediately after we reach/exceed 20 players or 2) one day after signups stall out without reaching the next threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)