Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Gen VII, impossible Hidden Power/IV spread combinations are passing validations for level 100 Pokemon, particularly Hidden Power Dark and 31/0/31/31/31/31 (HP Dark cannot have an attack IV lower than 1). It is entirely because of the confusion introduced by bottle caps. While any Pokemon with maximum IVs in all stats can have any hidden power type, Pokemon with minimized Attack IVs, minimized (or tailored) Speed IVs, or both are not quite so unrestricted.

The big cases are HP Dark having a minimum Attack IV of 1, and HP Dark, Dragon, Ghost, Grass, and Poison having minimum Speed IVs of 1. However, there are a decent number of edge cases, especially when you start getting into crap like weather/terrain setters wanting to be slow enough to get their ability to activate second, but faster enough to out-speed something else, all while minimizing attack.

With all of that said, it's probably low priority to completely overhaul how hyper training is implemented in teambuilder just for the sake of rare Hidden Power optimizations. To fully implement them, return to the standard Hidden Power IV spread system, and have conditional check boxes pop up to override the IV for final calculations, with the box being checked by default for stats >= 30 and unchecked otherwise. However, a quick fix would be to force the minimum Attack and Speed IV restrictions for the HP types I listed.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
For Gen VII, impossible Hidden Power/IV spread combinations are passing validations for level 100 Pokemon, particularly Hidden Power Dark and 31/0/31/31/31/31 (HP Dark cannot have an attack IV lower than 1). It is entirely because of the confusion introduced by bottle caps. While any Pokemon with maximum IVs in all stats can have any hidden power type, Pokemon with minimized Attack IVs, minimized (or tailored) Speed IVs, or both are not quite so unrestricted.

The big cases are HP Dark having a minimum Attack IV of 1, and HP Dark, Dragon, Ghost, Grass, and Poison having minimum Speed IVs of 1. However, there are a decent number of edge cases, especially when you start getting into crap like weather/terrain setters wanting to be slow enough to get their ability to activate second, but faster enough to out-speed something else, all while minimizing attack.

With all of that said, it's probably low priority to completely overhaul how hyper training is implemented in teambuilder just for the sake of rare Hidden Power optimizations. To fully implement them, return to the standard Hidden Power IV spread system, and have conditional check boxes pop up to override the IV for final calculations, with the box being checked by default for stats >= 30 and unchecked otherwise. However, a quick fix would be to force the minimum Attack and Speed IV restrictions for the HP types I listed.
PS validates HP types by assuming any 31 IVs are bottle capped, so if you have 31/0/31/31/31/31 dark, it can be legal because PS assumes one of the other stats is a non-31 stat that is capped. So this isn't a bug.

PS validates HP types by assuming any 31 IVs are bottle capped, so if you have 31/0/31/31/31/31 dark, it can be legal because PS assumes one of the other stats is a non-31 stat that is capped. So this isn't a bug.
Except it's impossible in that case. HP Dark and a 0 IV is not a valid combination, Bottle Caps or not.

Thing is, I cannot think of a simple way to solve this bug without either checking all possible non-Capped combinations (fairly simple compared to pre-Gen VI mechanics) or interface changes.

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Except it's impossible in that case. HP Dark and a 0 IV is not a valid combination, Bottle Caps or not.

Thing is, I cannot think of a simple way to solve this bug without either checking all possible non-Capped combinations (fairly simple compared to pre-Gen VI mechanics) or interface changes.
Seems your right, ill have this looked into.

Edit: Either way we should fix the validation issue rather than add checkboxes JubalTheLion

Last edited:
ok, thanks ^^

Another small error, I noticed: When a Volt Switch is blocked by switching in a ground type and the pokemon that used Volt Switch is switched out manually in the next turn, Showdown says "The opposing ... went back to player!" instead of "player withdrew ...".

Seems your right, ill have this looked into.

Edit: Either way we should fix the validation issue rather than add checkboxes JubalTheLion
Fair enough, the only reason I thought of an interface change is that bottle caps make the user's intentions harder to predict if any IVs are under 31. But I was probably overthinking this: if it doesn't validate, then the user can figure it out.

Skill Swap doesn't seem to work, it acts like Role Play instead

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-550695031
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-550708522

the same things happened 2 games in a row during the 1st turn, chansey (with serene grace) used Skill Swap on Aerodactyl (with unnerve)
and all that happened was that chansey got unnerve

in case the builds somehow affect role play...

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Aromatherapy
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard

Aerodactyl @ Wide Lens
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

I've found a minor bug not with PS!, but with its damage calculator: (Ash-) Greninja's Water Shuriken still damages grounded mons in Psychic Terrain, which should not be the case (as you can see in the screenshot below, I added Aqua Jet in Ash-Greninja's movepool to show that Water Shuriken is currently the only move to be seemingly unaffected by Psychic Terrain).
upload_2017-3-23_14-20-12.png

Found a minor glitch with replays. If you pause, then press "switch sides", the video will resume. However, the play/pause button will still read "Play". Pressing it will change it back to "Pause", and from now on it will behave normally. If you don't understand what I mean just try it yourself, you'll notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)