SM UU l'estasi dell'oro

Hello once again, Smogon. It's me, Nightingales! It's been a really, really long time. Like. Too long. I should start keeping track. But regardless of how long it's been, people told me they missed me and my rmts. Well, here one is! And it's not an outright stupid one, because this one actually can win battles! Well, sometimes. It mostly relies on either Gatr or Latias as a wincon after the respective checks and counters have been worn down to a point where they just no longer function. So most of the focus is on that.​

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Bisharp is, quite simply, my dedicated Psychic switch-in. Lots have a way to hurt him, Zam has Focus Blast, Celebi has Earth Power, Latias has whatever the hell it does, etc etc. But issue is, none of them like taking the Sucker Punch at all, and none want to attack. So the cleanest route of attack is Pursuit, where I more often than not nab the OHKO as they leave, and do decent damage otherwise. But then, you can look on through my team and say 'well, other darks could do that better.' And maybe they could. Some others might fit that role. But how many also straight-up murder Faeries? Bisharp rips them apart with Iron Head and shows no mercy doing it.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Keldeo, surprisingly, is UU. I'm cool with that. It has checks and counters. Barely, but it does. But what it does here is provide a source of damage that greatly appreciates having psychics removed by Bisharp, as well as Faeries. I could run Scarf, and that would help my matchup against Mega Shark and Aero, but I found that having Specs able to simply nuke any poor soul that tries switching into anything can be a massive boon. Sure, it doesn't like Latias so much, or any fast flying type, but I can handle those in my own way. Usually.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Everybody is obsessed with Keldeo and Raikou and the likes. Well, I wanted a way to more or less check them if I needed to, while still retaining an offensive presence. Well, having handled most Dark-types already in Keldeo, and Bisharp itself handling Faeries, Latias was an interesting choice for me because I thought of an offensive switch-in that also served as a win con and thus, I decided for this. Calm Mind is there, and it is always ready to launch an outright nuke. Soul Dew helps me boost damage, obviously, but its more useful because I'm not using anything other than a Psychic and Dragon-type move. And finally, Recover. Self-Explanatory.

Crobat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Defog
- U-turn

King, if you're reading this, I am sorry. But fact of the matter was, I needed a scarf Keldeo and +1 Sharpedo check. This did both, and quite admirably. Keldeo finds itself outrun and OHKO'd by Brave Bird, Shark finds itself severely compromised if not just killed outright. But this also helps me impose some form of Hazard Control in case of emergency, like if I have just one thing left, three layers of spikes, webs, and rocks up. But otherwise, this is mostly clicking Brave Bird or U-Turn to grab some momentum on a predicted switch.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Still and always a threat, Feraligatr is an offensive water type that isn't specially-based. It still has surprisingly workable bulk, and even though more than once I've found myself wishing for a Gyarados instead, this is what I have. Gatr just shreds so much of the metagame as of right now both unboosted and at +1. Sheer Force is stronk. But more importantly, this brings the coverage to beat some fat things the rest of the team won't want to. Oh, also. +1 outruns almost all Pokemon without a scarf. Also good for business.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Wish

And rounding out the team is... Clefable. A defensive menace. Truth be told, I wasn't initially sold on this. Then I realized having a mon that could set rocks, Paralyze things being dangerous, handle Dragons, and heal all in the same slot would be some great role compression and a good thing for the team because hey, I'm not losing anything by setting hazards. I really just don't have much to say on it. It's effective.

That's it for this time. I'll flesh it out better eventually, and improve it, but I was happy with this and hit a plateau so I decided to let the world have a run at it. Go nuts.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Crobat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Defog
- U-turn

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Wish

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
G'day Nightingales, this is a pretty cool team that you have here. I like the creative use of Scarf Adamant Crobat to check threats to your team. I can see a slight weakness to Pokemon such as CM Raikou, but that's aptly handled by your Unaware Clefable. More importantly I can see that you're overloading Clefable as well as lacking a decent switch into Primarina, which can easily come in on a choice locked Keldeo, Latias and even Feraligatr.

For this reason I can see Empoleon over Crobat, working effectively as a Special Wall and check to Primarina. It also enjoys Wish pass from Clefable and frees up a spot for it to give itself self healing in Protect - since Emp can run Stealth Rocks. You can then afford to run a more physically defensive Clefable over your current set; helping with your Sharpedo weakness. Calm Mind over Thunder Wave can be a decent win con, you could also choose to run Heal Bell to support the team, after all, a neutered Dragon Dance user isn't fun.

This change makes you weaker to Electric types in general so I am going to propose running Dragon Dance Haxorus over your Feraligatr. Haxorus gives you a better win condition versus stall and has better speed than Feraligatr. You can also choose to run a z-move of choice on Haxorus, in this case Acid Downpour seems like a decent lure for Fairy types, synergising well with Latias too.

Lastly, I would like to suggest running Psyshock over Psychic on Latias. This gives you a convenient way to take down special sponges, as well as winning the boosting war versus opposing CM users.

In summary:
>

>

Protect + CM / Heal Bell > Current Clefable
Psyshock > Psychic on Latias
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD / 4 Spe or 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Calm / Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind / Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar / Toxic

Haxorus @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew / Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)