Multi-gen The World's Longest OU Tournament: Cycle 1.2 | Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Zebraiken | Banner by Kalalokki | Created by Lutra | userBanners by antemortem

Skype Group: Crestfall, Prague Kick, Rigas, Sapientia, Tricking, Luigi, Not Troller Ideas from: Disaster Area, dekzeh, Oglemi
Signups (join here) | Spreadsheet
(Cycle 1.2: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Gold Round | Diamond Round)

Introduction

Have you ever been waiting for a certain tournament to start just so you can play a tier, in a organised way, against skilled players? What if you could signup to a tournament and enter into that tournament within a week, all-year round? Well if you want to play RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, BW, ORAS or SM OU, we've got the tournament for you.

The World's Longest OU tournament is inspired by the Smogon Premier League's Farm League. Just like Farm League, players will primarily be matched according to their win records within a tier, based on previous weeks. If only one player has a certain record, they will be grouped with players of the closest higher/lower record. Pairings will be randomised within these record matching groups. A thread will be created for each week's matches. Week matches will be first-to-1-win.

Unlike Farm League, this tournament can potentially go on indefinitely. You can also sign up for any amount of tiers.

To start off with, the tournament will be scheduled to host for an introduction cycle of 4 weeks, followed by the first two full cycles if all goes well.

Battles

Play 1 battle against your opponent in the relevant OU tier on http://smogtours.psim.us/ and post the result in this thread along with your opponent's name.

Decisions

Very limited decision making will take place. No activity wins or wins by default will be awarded. Matches will only be replayed if they don't progress from turn 0, if they end in a tie, or at your opponent's discretion.

Signing-out

To sign out of this tournament, post in the signouts thread, where you can also state tiers you wish to drop. If your match from the previous week is unplayed and you didn't post in that week's thread, you will be removed from the pairings for the current week and will have to sign up again for the next week.

Deadline is Wednesday, 29 March 2017, 17:00 EST

SM OU (28 Players)

4-0
  1. p2 vs Arifeen (3-0)
3-1
  1. Hayburner vs Vai Lusa
  2. Aurious vs MamoJustWins
2-1
  1. KingKdot vs Lange
1-0
  1. HQuaze vs The412Gang
2-2
  1. Deuce9487 vs Team Pokepals
  2. Empo vs Capt. KnightWalker (1-1)
1-1
  1. Gary Vakarian vs Dread Arceus
1-2
  1. Seager vs TopLel TopKek (0-2)
  2. Sas0 vs insult
1-3
  1. tjdaas vs Amoonguss (0-4)
  2. Pohjis vs Camilas
0-0
  1. blazenix vs Pradhaaan
Midweek
  1. Major Come Back vs ilesaural
Battles Completed: 10/14 (71.4%)

Cycle Winner: p2

Last edited:

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations p2 for winning cycle 1.2!

Upcoming Silver Banner Changes

Delete Banners:
RBY: - Asim12
GSC: - Real FV13
ADV & DPP: - We Three Kings
BW: - Pohjis
ORAS & SM: - Empo
SM: - Hayburner + p2

Lutra

can i sub out after this round, thank you.
This is the final cycle week. I am gradually collecting all the data and will award gold medals to the players with the highest wins in each tier.

Like I said a while ago, I will also be entering the top 8 in gens 1-7 combined into a single elimination bo7 tournament known as the diamond round where they will try to win this
trophy to put in their signatures.

I'm hosting RoAPL but I will have time during the early part of each week to catch-up with the spreadsheet and conclude this tournament.

I will leave this week open for now until I post the gold and diamond rounds.

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
This is the final cycle week. I am gradually collecting all the data and will award gold medals to the players with the highest wins in each tier.

Like I said a while ago, I will also be entering the top 8 in gens 1-7 combined into a single elimination bo7 tournament known as the diamond round where they will try to win this
trophy to put in their signatures.

I'm hosting RoAPL but I will have time during the early part of each week to catch-up with the spreadsheet and conclude this tournament.

I will leave this week open for now until I post the gold and diamond rounds.
gotcha boss

Lutra

Locking thread now. I'll try to get Gold Round and Diamond Round up by May. Cycle 0&1 records have been checked for name changes and summed up individually, got to check Cycle 2 now and sum it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)