SM OU 武士道 - Mega Mawile Team (Peaked 1591)

Hey guys, today I want to show you a Team I've used alot since the release of M-Mawile

I've started to build my team around MMawile+Keldeo cause they work pretty well together. While Mawile handles things like Toxapex, Lati@s, Bulu, Fini and other Keldeo checks, Keldeo can handle things like offensive Lando-T, Greninja and alot other stuff in the metagame.

Needed Rocks, a switching to oppoments offensive Lando-Ts and U-Turn helps those two alot, cause Lando-T lures in things like Celesteela or Skarm.

Added Tang cause its a blanked check to nearly the whole metagame, but especially it helps me against Koko, which would otherwise have no switchin.

Wanted my own Tapu Koko, just a fast pivot which helps me out against M-Pinsir cause I dont run SEdge on Lando. But man, we all know how good this thing is.

Last but not least I added Gengar, wanted a Stall- and Wallbreaker, Gengar does both while being an offensive Pheromosa Check and stopping it from spamming HJK (Especially the Scarf ones).

@ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mega Mawile is the star of the show.
Really, I love this mon. Sometimes it's my Wallbreaker and sometimes my wincon.
Hyper Cutter helps against Lando-T.
Thunder Punch OHKOs Toxapex, Skarm and Celesteela at +2 and gets even boosted by E-Terrain.
Iron Head is the chosen stab to beat fairy types which are like everywhere.
Sucker Punch is there for Prio and to help out with the slow speed.
SD is chosen over AoA or Sub because I wanted those kills against Toxa and the other things, it also gives it the ability to act as a wincon.

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Standard Scarf Keldeo, 3 Stabs+HP Electric to beat Mantine, Pelipper and Gyarados (even at+1).
Scarf Keldeo is a nice cleaner in late game, while helping me against setup-sweepers like Volc, Xard or Gyara midgame. It's also pretty ok against weakend M-Mawiles.

@ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Defensive Lando-T, the speed is to outspeed other defensive Lando-Ts.
Rocks are for rocks, EQ is my stab move to abuse the decent attack stat it has even without investment.
U-Turn is for switch advantage and to bring in M-Mawile against things like Celesteela.
HP Ice is chosen above SEdge or Knock off because it helps me against Chomp, Lando-T and Zygarde.

@ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Really standard Tang set, not much to say tbh.
Walls Koko, helps me to beat non Specs Lele and knocks off items.
HP Ice is again for Lando-T, Chomp and Zygarde.

@ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

In my opinion the best Koko set rn, Zap Plate boosts its stab moves, HP Ice helps against the named mons.
Volt-Turn helps me to get switch advantage for 100% and to switch out on non-scarfed (or switched in) Dugtrios (and against other grounds/awak)

@ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Ghostium Z gives me a one time nuke which helps me alot against Stall, mainly because it OHKOs Quagsire, which opens the door for Mawile against alot of Stall-Teams.
Taunt is to win 1v1 against Chansey.

Hazards... SR arent that big, but Spikes give me some struggle and Sticky Web is like an instant KO for me (Have to lead with Gengar and hope for the best).
Dont know alot other Threads... Most Games I've lost are lost because I'm not the best player yet, cause the matchup wasn't that bad most times.

Sorry if this isnt the best rmt, just wanted to share the team with you, maybe you have some ideas to make it better or just want to use it :)

クチート (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

ケルディオ (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

ランドロス (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

モジャンボ (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

カプ・コケコ (Tapu Koko) @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

ゲンガー (Gengar) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Yo, nice team you got here. I noticed your team struggled versus Mega Scizor as your best check is to rely on Keldeo to burn it. Volcarona can also prove problematic as it can set up on one of your mons like Tangrowth and proceed to sweep your team. I have a few suggestions to help improve this team.

My first suggestion would be to run Fire Fang over Thunder Punch on Mega Mawile. This allows Mawile to hit steel/grass types such as Amoongous and Skarmory for more damage which can open up for your other mons like Keldeo. This also allows your team to have a way to beat Mega Scizor. As Fire Fang from Mega Mawile can oko opposing Mega Scizors. If you would like to keep thunder punch then I suggest you run Hidden Power fire on Landorus-therian to help check Mega Scizor. You already have Hidden Power ice on Tangrowth to help with mons like Zygardge, but relying on Tangrowth may prove ineffective to check strong ground types like Double Dance Lando so I recommend you to just run Fire Fang on Mawile-mega.

My next suggestion is for you to run Stone Edge over Hidden Power Electric on Keldeo. Hidden Power Electric can help check water types like Tapu Fini. But your team has other ways of checking water types with Tangrowth and Tapu Koko. Stone Edge gives you a way to check Volcarona at plus one because your water moves will not do enough to oko Volcarona making you vulnerable to being swept by it.

As EZ suggests, the team greatly struggles against Steel types such as Skarmory and Mega Scizor, but I also have my own suggestions.

On Gengar, I'd suggest changing Ghostium Z for Fightium Z, while you lose out on the added STAB, you gain a new way to effectively make use of Focus Blast without having to guess on the accuracy and get a decent way to handle stall, 3KO on standard Chansey and a 2KO on Quagsire.

Other than that, I'd use EZ's suggestions.

Reactions: ez

3d

and the f is for phenomenal
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
As EZ suggests, the team greatly struggles against Steel types such as Skarmory and Mega Scizor, but I also have my own suggestions.

On Gengar, I'd suggest changing Ghostium Z for Fightium Z, while you lose out on the added STAB, you gain a new way to effectively make use of Focus Blast without having to guess on the accuracy and get a decent way to handle stall, 3KO on standard Chansey and a 2KO on Quagsire.

Other than that, I'd use EZ's suggestions.
Gengar actually still beats chansey via taunt + sludge wave and ghosting z actually does more to quagsire. I guess it could be used for accuracy reasons but ghostium z still hits things like mega sableye or landot much harder. Also z shadow ball does ~70 to scizor putting it in range of shadow ball

Gengar actually still beats chansey via taunt + sludge wave and ghosting z actually does more to quagsire. I guess it could be used for accuracy reasons but ghostium z still hits things like mega sableye or landot much harder. Also z shadow ball does ~70 to scizor putting it in range of shadow ball
While that is true, I do prefer Fightium over it, just to have a reliable way to handle Steel types for this team. It would benefit a lot more from the loss of STAB. Even giving Tangrowth HP Fire over Ice would he a decent switch for this team, it just doesn't get handle common threats too easily right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)