Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for necrozma for dex fill, will trade back.

FT: shiny breeding your pokemon of choice. Ensure you have nature/ball/ egg moves and that the pokemon is not French (I own a 6iv French ditto). I can do the project for you, assuming I get something in return. P.M if interested.

Natures Question:

Besides Bold, any recommendations for Necrozma? (Timid/Modest?)

Why is Modest so high in usage for Celesteela? (BSS Only) Doesn't this nerf the damage output for Heavy Slam? Surely Relaxed is optimal to get the most from both Flamethrower and Heavy Slam. Any other recommendations?

Natures Question:

Besides Bold, any recommendations for Necrozma? (Timid/Modest?)

Why is Modest so high in usage for Celesteela? (BSS Only) Doesn't this nerf the damage output for Heavy Slam? Surely Relaxed is optimal to get the most from both Flamethrower and Heavy Slam. Any other recommendations?
It's mostly because you can use a fully special Autotomize set (that works wonders with Beast Boost).

To add to what the previous post said,
Garchomp is Celesteela's most common partner.
Garchomp is almost always a strictly physical attacker.
Having a special attacking Celesteela that doesn't share Garchomp's problems with physical tanks, potential burns and Intimidate-pivots helps alot.
This becomes even more important when you add Mimikyu to the mix, which is another strictly physical attacker and common Celesteela partner.
They'd form a Steel/Dragon/Fairy core together but that would leave Celesteela as the only potential special attacker.
Running a core of three Pokémon that hit from the same side of the spectrum can work by overwhelming the opposing physical tanks, but it can also backfire hard
...and easily.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Does anyone have a Jolly Landorus? I have a Sassy Celesteela and Timid HP Ice Xurkitree (+BP items, Bottle Caps, and Gold Bottle Capps!) for trade. IVs don't matter for the Landorus.
If no one has helped you yet, I can catch one from a backed up Gen VI save and send it your way later tonight.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Question: If I were to make a trade thread, should I have it ready all at once, or work on it as I go?
You can create a trade thread right away and then edit it whenever you have the time.
You could for example add something like: "Please do not post yet!", "Currently under construction!" and/or "Work in progress!" to the title until you're satisfied and ready to go.
Also make sure to reserve as many posts as you need for the different sections of your trade thread. You could for example take a look at the threads of some of your fellow users here and get some inspiration.

Once you feel you're ready you can make a post including a message like: "Alright, this thread is now officially open. Feel free to send me offers!"

However, before you post your thread I highly recommend that you carefully read the rules once again (just to make sure).
I provided a link to the thread here for your convenience, you can access it by clicking here.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask me for advice via private message and I'll gladly get back to you as soon as I can.
I opened my very own trade thread here on Smogon a bit over a year ago and I'll gladly share my experience with you if need be.

I hope that you found this helpful and I wish you good luck with your thread!

Last edited:
Please :(
I Need a hidden ability Lileep :(
Thanks
I can get you one, but I'm currently at school with no access to wifi and I won't be home for at least a week. So just hit me up in a week if you still haven't gotten one. Mine are in nest balls with mirror coat, counter, and another egg move I can't remember right now.

I can get you one, but I'm currently at school with no access to wifi and I won't be home for at least a week. So just hit me up in a week if you still haven't gotten one. Mine are in nest balls with mirror coat, counter, and another egg move I can't remember right now.
Thank you very much
I Will wait a week.
When you are at home, let me know :)

So, with the impending April international (stoked that the gift is blazikenite and sceptillite), what would be a good weather team to use?, I was thinking about a sand team consisting of a defensive tyranitar with dragon dance and sand stream, Sand veil Garchomp, Sand rush Excadrill (i'm aware that it's pretty neutered without iron head but i'm still going to run it.) And Sand Veil Alolan Dugtrio.

So, with the impending April international (stoked that the gift is blazikenite and sceptillite), what would be a good weather team to use?, I was thinking about a sand team consisting of a defensive tyranitar with dragon dance and sand stream, Sand veil Garchomp, Sand rush Excadrill (i'm aware that it's pretty neutered without iron head but i'm still going to run it.) And Sand Veil Alolan Dugtrio.
I believe this competition uses the VGC ruleset which means you can't run ttar or excadrill.

I believe this competition uses the VGC ruleset which means you can't run ttar or excadrill.
I don't think it does, As far as i'm reading it's just running the usual ruleset, and as long as it has the clover it should be legal, However as i've displayed in the past, I could be severely wrong.

I don't think it does, As far as i'm reading it's just running the usual ruleset, and as long as it has the clover it should be legal, However as i've displayed in the past, I could be severely wrong.
The PGL site says VGC ruleset for April International. I believe you can also earn CP for this.

If you still wanna try sand, gigalith is the only mon with sand stream atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)