NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, and I was just making another long-ass post that would undoubtedly make this thread even longer and bore the already bored to tears.

Since I don't really know much about the playstyles or what is 'usual' for the people playing this game (apart from the obvious; Flyhn and DeathByWobbufet are idlers, Empoof from what I can see is pretty trolly, Haruno, Josh, Yeti and US are big names, etc etc.), I'm not really in a position to make FoSes and the like. This is also part of why I've been idling, to gain more info. The other reason is that I'm probably sleeping while real shit goes down.

I have spotted some things though.
  • Asek posted y'all mine if I? and never got back to it. Just something that I noticed while scrolling through the thread.
  • Haruno is probably town, considering how hes pretty much been asking to be shot from the start. Assuming hes scum, that would be something...stupidly risky to do, imo.
  • Empoof definitely leans towards scum, what with making generally unexplainable reads, and mainly one-lining. These would all rack up total post count, making him seem like a vocal townie. Or he could just be trolling us all.
I'm not really sure who'd be a threat to me if mafia. Probably a strong player.

Bah, and I was just making another long-ass post that would undoubtedly make this thread even longer and bore the already bored to tears.

Since I don't really know much about the playstyles or what is 'usual' for the people playing this game (apart from the obvious; Flyhn and DeathByWobbufet are idlers, Empoof from what I can see is pretty trolly, Haruno, Josh, Yeti and US are big names, etc etc.), I'm not really in a position to make FoSes and the like. This is also part of why I've been idling, to gain more info. The other reason is that I'm probably sleeping while real shit goes down.

I have spotted some things though.
  • Asek posted y'all mine if I? and never got back to it. Just something that I noticed while scrolling through the thread.
  • Haruno is probably town, considering how hes pretty much been asking to be shot from the start. Assuming hes scum, that would be something...stupidly risky to do, imo.
  • Empoof definitely leans towards scum, what with making generally unexplainable reads, and mainly one-lining. These would all rack up total post count, making him seem like a vocal townie. Or he could just be trolling us all.
I'm not really sure who'd be a threat to me if mafia. Probably a strong player.
So, what Haruno normally does (play really really risky)?

Empoof just sort of... rubs me off in a wierd way right now.

Empoof would you mind potentially making some sort of long post with your thoughts? It's annoying to have to scroll through all the pages just to find your reads on anybody. It makes it hard to read you (and since I'm stating this outright, if you do NOT do this, or try to pass it off with a joke, I will probably lobby for you to be shot). Kk? Kk.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hi sorry I have a lot more important things on my plate rn than this game

I don't really know how to approach this game because tbqh we don't even get to lynch so anyone can pressure anyone without it meaning jack shit unless the specific gunbearer is feeling similarly

Also there's legit nothing to 'pressure' off of because again there's no lynch so it's not like most people are really doing anything they're just blathering

I guess I'm a bit apathetic towards NOCs and this in particular because there's not much to talk about outside of 'I THINK X WOULD GIVE Y THE GUN BECAUSE Z' where Z is some spurious armchair psychology and X is someone who you hold a personal grudge against

I guess I may as well just act like it's a normal NOC in terms of how people buddy each other though:
-Hitmonleet and Aura Guardian both are trying to be proactive and analyze things in a meaningful manner. I think that both are mostly pulling things out of their ass but at least they're trying
-Fort Colorcastle seems to be trying really hard but not saying much, I think he is a definite scum read for me and imo probably the best shot today in terms of odds of mafia
-Haruno is Haruno. Honestly I think a decent play might be to shoot someone who Haruno wants this cycle that isn't Haruno because I think that's the best way to determine his alliance; also I think that he would have a decent chance of picking mafia if he is village while also having as good a chance as anyone of bussing a teammate if mafia and pushed to it. I think that shooting him would be a bit of a mistake given he apparently has a history with Texas (?) that others might know about
-Empoof reads town to me, I don't think he plays this ridiculously without having nothing to fear
-Twin is behaving a bit strangely this game, not posting much and when he does post it's mostly fluff; someone more in tune with Twin's life should comment on whether Twin has been more busy than usual lately
-I've got no read on Da Letter El yet but that should change pretty soon, I tend to find him suspicious in NOCs and most of the time I'm right so take that for what it's worth (nothing)
-Yeti is a qt
-Asek I have like no memories of meaningful posts in this game which is a bit weird, I guess I would've expected otherwise so I'd say I'd wanna pressure him more
-Flyhn has been afk as far as I can tell
-Former Hope I mostly remember as posting bandwagon shit in this thread so more pressure on him would be good too. Same with winter-delta
-Jalmont is either resigned town or resigned mafia, I'd say pressure him more but eh not sure it would amount to anything; he's experienced enough I'd throw him on the pressure pile after Fort Colorcastle and Asek
-Blazade I don't like his play so far, but hell I wouldn't like my play so far either so shrug. I don't think he'd be a good shot and again I'd say maybe a bit more pressure but WTF IS THERE TO PRESSURE OFF OF ITG
-Josh I don't like nearly as much as Texas does but I'd throw him in the null category next to Haruno. Haven't seen a ton out of him lately (aka last two pages) though?
-Has shubaka even done anything? I'd be ok shooting him tbh he seems like the sort of person who might gun Texas
-DeathbyWobbuffett is AFK I'm pretty sure so let's ping him here DeathByWobbuffet and see if he responds; if he doesn't then I'd say consider shooting him next day but probably not worthwhile this day
-MoodyCloud I haven't seen anything from lately though he was more active earlier, which is a bit weird to me. No clue as to his typical schedule or timezone though. He's been active enough I wouldn't shoot him though.
-UncleSam is the greatest mafia player in the universe and you are all fortunate to have been allowed to play in a game with him tbh

tl;dr I think that Fort Colorcastle, Asek, Former Hope, winter-delta, and shubaka is the pool of people I'd shoot from (roughly in order) in order to shoot scum. If part of our interest is in preserving discussion rather than simply aiming at the most likely mafia than perhaps winter-delta and shubaka move up the list while Fort Colorcastle moves down.

Also I think that Texas should pressure at least 2-3 idle players under threat of getting shot then shoot whoever he thinks is most likely to be mafia regardless of activity. Imo the value of 'preserving discussion' is meaningless itg because if you shoot someone who is village they don't die but you do; the result is that if you are contributing to discussion (like Texas is), then you should be trying to shoot someone who you think has the best odds of being mafia and therefore keeping you around for another cycle if you shoot them. I'd be most comfortable shooting someone from the above list though Flyhn and DeathbyWobbuffett should be added to the list if both continue their hardcore idling
wdym you don't like me as much as Texas. has Texas professed a tr for me at any point that I missed?

re: blazade: we don't shoot him d1 in any circumstance short of a true scum slip

re: twin: how he usually plays is throwing a lot of naked votes. there are no votes itg so his meta is pretty woryhless

Josh

=P
I feel like twin is town.
I don't know how I feel about Fort, so he's probably scum.
All of these shots i'm okay with

Yeah I don't have anything to fear. None of my partners are getting shot! I could give you a detailed self meta but this is what my town play is. I'm known for being the easiest read on Mafia Universe :skype_sun: which should be apparent to everyone the more I post.

So are you reading me mafia for making quick reads? I feel like I'm going with intuition and thread flow ~pretty well right now.
Why is twin town?

Josh

=P
I know I said I'd read everything but damn, 12 pages. Maybe I'll go through it more in-depth later but here's some quick reads for now.

I don't like how Empoof's just been posting one-liners, but maybe that's how he always plays, idk. From what I've seen so far his reads have been pretty baseless too. I agree with Flyhn that Former Hope has been acting kinda strange. In the only other NOC game I've been in with them I remember their posts tended to be a lot more detailed and they were a fair bit more active as well.

Really don't understand this post from asek. I mean it was poorly worded but I dont see how the fact that he used "literally assuming" makes him a better shot? I do find UncleSam asking for his potential teammates a little scummy though, especially since he then went back on it and told twin that he didn't need to give them.

Jalmont/shub/winter-delta have been lurking a fair bit, so I'm not really sure about any of them. Would like to hear something, although I can't really talk myself.

Also Texas I'm fine with taking the gun if you want.
is this a dbw noc post in the flesh I've never seen one before!

Josh

=P
In case it wasn't obvious I give zero fucks about what people think in a game like this since honestly everything is NAI as far as I'm concerned. Fuck people that can seriously believe that anyone that would do some tldr read lists with no reasoning except I like pulling shit out of my ass. As far as I'm aware there's no fucking way for town to accurately solve because it's a NOC, and there's no fucking way to clean anyone. And frankly I don't have to.

Town's wincon is laughably easy, you don't even need to try to read anyone, if we fucking random every shot, the odds are in our favor. Even if we choose not to rand it, the last two/three players remaining only need to clear one fucking town, even if it's 3:7 or 2:7 as long as the remaining town isn't retarded they'll be able to pull through. I can honestly say until say cycle 10 this game is not wOrth discussing especially when people are grasping at the thinnest of straws.

Hell the only thing that town can even use is how Texas was chosen to own the gun and next to no one discussed it bar yeti who mentioned that the only reason texas would get it because US is mafia or the mafia don't know that US is a fuckinng loose cannon and likely to shoot some poor noob town day 1. Aside from that I don't think I've seen shit.

Long ass deadline is dumb as fuck. We shouldn't even need 24 hours of discussion and when I get the gun I promise it'll only take me 10min to make each shot.
This is all wrong

While I am completely against Haruno's idea of not caring, he does have a point. Randomly shooting DOES give a 12/19 chance of winning. However, it is not a good point. There are enough mafians that not caring means one could insert themselves as the 100% clean townie.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
While I am completely against Haruno's idea of not caring, he does have a point. Randomly shooting DOES give a 12/19 chance of winning. However, it is not a good point. There are enough mafians that not caring means one could insert themselves as the 100% clean townie.
You're all full of shit if you believe anyone is a 100% cleared town if they're not a misfire/gun bearer

Anyhow since everyone insists on letting the blind lead the blind, what meaningful discussion has even happened? People's town blocks are actually shit and are worthless and NAI. Someone give me a proper reason to care since without shit like cops or whatnot anyone not dead/gunwielder is scum for all I care

You're all full of shit if you believe anyone is a 100% cleared town if they're not a misfire/gun bearer

Anyhow since everyone insists on letting the blind lead the blind, what meaningful discussion has even happened? People's town blocks are actually shit and are worthless and NAI. Someone give me a proper reason to care since without shit like cops or whatnot anyone not dead/gunwielder is scum for all I care
Okay, so you're, and I quote, "full of shit" because your previous post has "even if it's 3:7 or 2:7 as long as the remaining town isn't retarded they'll be able to pull through." which can ONLY POSSIBLY be that way if we have a 100%. So, your argument annihilates itself.

btw if it was my shot and I was told to shoot this second it would be fh

Former Hope do u have any thoughts on this
Yeah, I'd laugh and then use the gun on someone else and consider your action to be pretty dumb.

Most of the bandwagon onto me has been just that, bandwagon and most of it has rather dumb reasons like "posting one liners" or accusing me of doing things I didn't do like bandwagoning other things.

Josh

=P
Vote to remove.

Also leet's logic is weird af and makes no sense when applies to me
not relevant, leets logic had already been called out, and you threw in "when applies to me" even though that's 100% unnecessary
Vote to remove.

Also leet's logic is weird af and makes no sense when applies to me
not relevant, leets logic had already been called out, and you threw in "when applies to me" even though that's 100% unnecessary
The "Give texas a gun and he'll shoot haruno" really seems like the logic scum were going for in this scenario and if haruno does prove to be town (which I'm expecting he is if this theory holds up) the people who instantly jumped on saying that texas should shoot haruno are scummy in my eyes.
the always productive wifom spec
Fair enough, that said we don't have a ton to discuss otherwise rn.
useless

Clearly the situation is that Texas is a scum and gave the gun to himself to make us think that he wants to shoot haruno and thus clearly qualify haruno as a scum and also bringing us to LYLO where if Texas doesn't shoot himself town loses. Glad we cleared this up.
"hilarious"
I don't think I was bandwagoning anywhere? Of the two posts I remember making in the game this far one was speculation which ended up being wifom (a term I didn't know prior to this game) and the second was clearly a joke
reactionary, no content otherwise

Flyhn what about my posting pattern is off exactly?
reactionary, again self focused and doesn't forward the game state.
I think I've said on multiple instances I really do dislike D1, especially in big games. Imo today was the start when people actually started doing things that are actually remarkable hence the lack of content, though I probably will post observations soonish
irrelevant, filler
Here we see a 9 post combo. Anyways Texas Cloverleaf do you have any questions for anyone?
irrelevant, filler

as you can see fh has a somewhat low amount of posts, and all have extemely little content. he's present but he's not actually contributing anything. this is something called active lurking; it appears to be actually active while not doing anything relevant.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if people on this site didn't spend day 1 bitching about how bad day 1 is actual progress might happen!
Progress hasn't been happening though? We have 13 pages of nothing bar some relevant discussion points such as "a fucking idler is idling more than normal?!?!!?! OMGWTF SCUM!!!!", "your posts are useless (see the post directly above this one and pretty much any sensible person)", etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)