NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeup, though I wouldn't call it active lurking, or even lurking in general. Rather I've been posting when I see something to remark towards, defending myself at times and otherwise waiting until stuff actually happens. I mean, you quote one of my posts where I point out (much like haruno has sniped me on) that there's tons of useless posting right now that shouldn't be read too deeply into until later.

But since you made the claim Josh now that you boxed yourself into shooting me if you could, which of those posts actually is scummy and why would you shoot me over people who have done even less (or at the same level)?

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you haven't made a single post that contains stances of any kind or any game relevant info. that is scummy. it is active lurking, because again, you're posting a lot and contributing 0.

"The "Give texas a gun and he'll shoot haruno" really seems like the logic scum were going for in this scenario and if haruno does prove to be town (which I'm expecting he is if this theory holds up) the people who instantly jumped on saying that texas should shoot haruno are scummy in my eyes."

Stating an opinion of the game, is WIFOM yeah, but it's also still my opinion, or in your words, stance on the game.

"Imo today was the start when people actually started doing things that are actually remarkable"
Another stance on the game, also contributing in the sense that I do see most things before yesterday as worthless to dig to deeply into it.

"Fair enough, that said we don't have a ton to discuss otherwise rn."

I mean, restating my stance on the game. Yeah, I'm not doing anything to change that dramatically, but that's my stance on the game and currently my contributions in terms of my thoughts towards reads made atm.

Your point?

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"scum killed x because he scum read y and y is scum so we lynch y"
"but wait, actually I think scum killed x to lead a mislynch on y, z is scum"
"x townread p and p killed him so he could ride the coattails of the tr, we lynch p"

wifom is fucking useless because it's baseless s speculation that goes back and forth. sure, maybe scum gave Texas the gun to shoot haruno. maybe scum!haruno gave Texas the gun so his partners could push the angle that scum gave Texas the gun to shoot haruno. maybe scum rngd it. there's endless reasons why Texas might have got the gun, and speculating it is just playing to lose. it's useless and doesn't help anyone.

the second two you just brought up again are 100% useless and nai; again, active lurking. "I have no stance on the game" is not a valid stance on the game.

You're all full of shit if you believe anyone is a 100% cleared town if they're not a misfire/gun bearer

Anyhow since everyone insists on letting the blind lead the blind, what meaningful discussion has even happened? People's town blocks are actually shit and are worthless and NAI. Someone give me a proper reason to care since without shit like cops or whatnot anyone not dead/gunwielder is scum for all I care
This post really bothers me. It feels like scum trying to make an excuse for not being helpful.

Although, then Haruno turns around and actually starts to try and get things moving, so I think I have a double bind rn.

The way things are unfolding, although the odds are with me in this, I believe that out of FH and Haruno, there is AT LEAST one scum.

The way these two have been playing and acting make me feel really suspicious of them.

Also, mah Boi Texas Cloverleaf pls get in here and tell us what your thoughts are.

"Because it goes back and forth "

So in accordance with your words,discussing it is useless, and I agree. But now there is tangible evidence of how I think that went which can be reviewed later on.

Otherwise "I think all discussion is useless and shouldn't be considered substantial to reads atm" doesn't equal "I have no stance on the game"

I'm almost in favor of giving Haruno the gun to shut him the fuck up if he's gonna be like this all game. If he wants to be a hero I say let him, better now than later when we have less room for error.

I'm also done with people bitching about page count. It's a 20 person game and yelling at people for making what you perceive as clutter is how you get idlers.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
How game related is a post about how game related your posts are?
Admittedly not. Sometimes i just like posting about side things like that that annoy me.

twin's fos US post here
is this alignment indicative? I haven't ever played a noc with sam (and the only oc we played his faction got dicked hard af early) and from what I've heard of him he wallposts and effort posts a lot as both alignments.
Inclined to believe him for some reason when he says he's been busy, but yeah he wallposts a shitton in any NOC he's in, although he tends to scumread noobtown a bit much as well, watch for that

Progress hasn't been happening though? We have 13 pages of nothing bar some relevant discussion points such as "a fucking idler is idling more than normal?!?!!?! OMGWTF SCUM!!!!", "your posts are useless (see the post directly above this one and pretty much any sensible person)", etc.
D1 is still useful on later days to look back on how people interact with others based on who flipped what later down the line, people should still at least try to be productive D1 to see who scum buddied, who dead townnies thought was scummy, who scum claimed to believe was scummy, ect. We need to be posting SOMETHING, what do you want to just have a game full of people idling? Admittedly not knowing what to do when it seems like nothing is happen has actually been one of my own weaknesses, but i'm at least trying to make an effort

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wrt hitmonleet with how many scum there are I think it's much better that I don't let on where I'm at, very easy to play around. The only thing I think is worth saying is that Josh's concrete reads are similar to mine.

Was a good pick by maf tbh, my scumhunting ability usually takes a couple days to get going.

Atm I'm debating between shooting haruno, rnging a shot, and shooting someone I think is good

So there's some info for you. I saw something weird from some I consider good and might shoot them for it.

Idk some are more confident than others at different points (Haruno for one) Just throwing it out there in case texas thinks I'll be more comfortable with the wheel.

You're all full of shit if you believe anyone is a 100% cleared town if they're not a misfire/gun bearer

Anyhow since everyone insists on letting the blind lead the blind, what meaningful discussion has even happened? People's town blocks are actually shit and are worthless and NAI. Someone give me a proper reason to care since without shit like cops or whatnot anyone not dead/gunwielder is scum for all I care
Randomly shooting people isn't going to help, def not on day 1.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i think shooting someone who knows what they're doing is a suboptimal play at this point in time which brings me to another point

i very rarely support d1 lynching a good player as i think they will reveal themselves later, or be important for town's win as they will drive discussion and not be an idling cuck.

this leads me to believe that sam is probably not mafia. if he was, his optimal strategy would be to give me the gun and hope to get me out of the game since i am clearly the biggest threat to him as i am the superior mafia player, knowing i will almost never shoot him (dbz mafia) d1. i feel like he would have been significantly more pushy to get me the gun if he was mafia because he knows he is at zero risk of being shot d1 by me and it is much more likely to misfire early in the game when the village #s are highest so he would have nobody to drown him out.

in answer to twin's question, i lean town on sam now, but i also know he's busy with work irl for why he isn't wallposting as much.

I think that given that, if you were the day 1 gunbearer it would actually make sam a prime suspect as scum? Just because you wouldn't necessarily shoot him doesn't mean he wouldn't be scumread by others and eventually shot.

So, what Haruno normally does (play really really risky)?

Empoof just sort of... rubs me off in a wierd way right now.

Empoof would you mind potentially making some sort of long post with your thoughts? It's annoying to have to scroll through all the pages just to find your reads on anybody. It makes it hard to read you (and since I'm stating this outright, if you do NOT do this, or try to pass it off with a joke, I will probably lobby for you to be shot). Kk? Kk.
This is the first game where I've posted a lot as town and gotten scum read for it. My intention after seeing I rolled town was to continuously post my thoughts as they came since that's the way I've spewed myself villager in the past. I think I'm playing this game as though it would be like mafia universe instead of treating this game like I do longer deadline games on MafiaScum or MTGSalvation.

Post 281 is where I'm at for bigger posts. I can iterate more on anything at all if asked specifically. I would say that literally all my reads have basis behind them of some sort even if small. I'm sorry that I spread my thoughts out over the game, but I usually bunch up things in a tierlist over time so it should be easy to see in a general sense where I'm at. I'm incredibly easy to talk to so please ask ask ask.

Josh My username on Mafiascum, Mafia Universe, and MTGSalvation is Empoof. My Username on twoplustwo is Foopme (where I played two scum games horribly). My "best" scum games were 10 post mafia (because this format favors my good tone play over my lack of being able to post) and Path of the Star Warrior (where I broke 100 posts d1 as scum for the first time, but had d2 drop off and bussed my partners religiously into a loss while still being in the PoE). I think I'm playing this game similar to Mortal Kombat in that I'm hoping to project town and interact with people in real time. I don't have as strong of meta reads early on players on smogon though, since a lot of people clam up d1.

I'm now worried because I think I have the ability to spew town with my thought process basically no matter what, as that's what I did even in an alias game in First Law which I was scumread early for being strange on purpose, but everyone for unexplainable reasons ended up reading me as town the further the game went on because I project it so well. I have only been able to replicate this in 10 post mafia and have failed every time in longer games. I think I'm the single worst shot in the game because of this and I'll be working towards making this apparent as the game goes on.

Felt I had to make a self meta post since there are people I view as town starting to scum read me (and texas has me in the shot list). I literally can't post as scum and when I've been able to I can't keep it up past day one.

i think shooting someone who knows what they're doing is a suboptimal play at this point in time which brings me to another point

i very rarely support d1 lynching a good player as i think they will reveal themselves later, or be important for town's win as they will drive discussion and not be an idling cuck.

this leads me to believe that sam is probably not mafia. if he was, his optimal strategy would be to give me the gun and hope to get me out of the game since i am clearly the biggest threat to him as i am the superior mafia player, knowing i will almost never shoot him (dbz mafia) d1. i feel like he would have been significantly more pushy to get me the gun if he was mafia because he knows he is at zero risk of being shot d1 by me and it is much more likely to misfire early in the game when the village #s are highest so he would have nobody to drown him out.

in answer to twin's question, i lean town on sam now, but i also know he's busy with work irl for why he isn't wallposting as much.
Posts like this are why I keep going back to yeti as mafia.

I don't think as a villager you would so easily give Uncle Sam even a soft town read for two minute reasons in A.) Uncle sam specifically not giving you the gun and B.) Not pushing for your lynch/shot. This is the player you said you were worried about being mafia the most. In this I sense no paranoia about him being mafia and it honestly looks like a soft partner defense. I would have expected you to say something about his back and forth with Asek as play you'd expect from him as town or anything about his monstrous reads post but you mentioned neither. This post is purely mechanical based.

This post really bothers me. It feels like scum trying to make an excuse for not being helpful.

Although, then Haruno turns around and actually starts to try and get things moving, so I think I have a double bind rn.

The way things are unfolding, although the odds are with me in this, I believe that out of FH and Haruno, there is AT LEAST one scum.

The way these two have been playing and acting make me feel really suspicious of them.

Also, mah Boi Texas Cloverleaf pls get in here and tell us what your thoughts are.
The bolded is the same reaction I had to Haruno's post.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think that given that, if you were the day 1 gunbearer it would actually make sam a prime suspect as scum? Just because you wouldn't necessarily shoot him doesn't mean he wouldn't be scumread by others and eventually shot.
................what is this point

yes, if i was the d1 gunbearer, i would start to suspect sam heavily, that he gave it to me thinking i would never shoot him d1. the point of my post was that my not getting the gun gives me a lean town read on sam.

i find it odd you felt the need to reiterate a hypothetical that has no bearing on this actual game, i'm not the d1 gunbearer so putting the phrase "sam a prime suspect as scum" out there feels a bit off.

appreciate the post but not the content, it just feels like a post made to try and bounce off town but ultimately it has no relevancy since i cannot retroactively be the d1 gunbearer. i'd give you some more credit if it was discussing who COULD have given texas the gun or who wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)