Smogon Fantasy Basketball '16-'17

Lakers, you can keep a first round pick as long as you didn't keep him before by also using a first round pick.

For example, Lebron was a 1st round pick in 2014. You kept him in 2015 by giving up your first round pick. You can't keep him again this year in this case.
Beautiful. I set my keepers online, but I am keeping the following:

Steph Curry (1st round)
Harrison Barnes (Undrafted)
Zach Lavine (Undrafted)

Just waiting on cbt to confirm so he can take over the slot of TPO3 in the keeper league. After that I will randomize draft order and assign keepers.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mizuno Not sure if my picks saved (Shadoloo Slammers), but I will be keeping: Anthony Davis in the 1st, Kemba Walker in the 5th, and Otto Porter in the 12th

Got it biggie! Once I finalize the team list I will be verifying everyone's keepers

Invite sent cbt. Setting up everything soon

darkie will you be keeping any players?

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Quite happy with my team in Del Rio's league. I'm lacking in stats like boards and fg% but I had a very strong early draft imo, so I think I'll be in the mix all season.

Hey guys, check the keeper league's Recent Messages section when you can, in case some of you haven't seen it yet.

Roofy, we do this every year!

Not-so-midseason update: I'm extremely pleased with how competitive and active our 2nd Smogon league is. Few leagues have I seen the middle teams in the standings so tightly packed and there really isn't a dominant team pulling away from everyone else which keeps things interesting. Also, every manager has made a roster move within the past few days.

Final week of the regular season in our standard Smogon league, and 5th-11th in the standings is separated by all of 2.5 games... Will be an interesting finish

suapah

stfu anime pfp
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
well this season wasn't very impressive for me but it's hard joining in a keepers leaguen as a new person. However, i'm excited for next season as I have a really good core going forward and a gameplan on how I want to draft my team (barring any huge changes in the nba). Good luck to other ppl in the playoffs rn as well

well this season wasn't very impressive for me but it's hard joining in a keepers leaguen as a new person. However, i'm excited for next season as I have a really good core going forward and a gameplan on how I want to draft my team (barring any huge changes in the nba). Good luck to other ppl in the playoffs rn as well
Are you the guy I traded Gobert to? Can't believe that trade was up for veto at one point, it's worked out pretty well for both parties

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
gg to whoever i faced in the semis in the standard 9cat league- what a close match 4-4-1
That was me, haha. I got scared when Ulis started going HAM in his game, thank god he only hit 3 triples to leave it at a tie (like WTF though he barely hits any 3s normally). Just want to show appreciation to your draft though, Paul George / Jimmy Butler / Isaiah Thomas / Kevin Love was a strong-ass first four this year

GL to the guy I'm facing in the finals (Guillo/OMGWTFBBQ)! Not too much luck though. A handful of my guys are being rested already and I hope it doesn't sway the matchup :S

suapah

stfu anime pfp
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
nice to see the guy who made the giannis/booker trade make it to the finals. maybe yall should make more trades w/ me if u wanna win ;)

also nice pp Tokyo Tom. day 1 raptors fan here :)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
nice to see the guy who made the giannis/booker trade make it to the finals. maybe yall should make more trades w/ me if u wanna win ;)

also nice pp Tokyo Tom. day 1 raptors fan here :)
The trades helped me get to the finals, but Bledsoe is out now and Booker is going ham so I sure could be using Giannis/Booker right about now. Not to mention I gutted my future keepers to have a shot at finally winning this league after multiple second place finishes (including last year).

nurkic's injury outta nowhere really got me that matchup, could've possibly won blks. but it's fantasy, so oh well. and yeah ulis hitting 3 3's was clutch but unfortunately it wasn't enough :/ good game tho :]

Stallion

Tree Young
After a bunch of second place finishes, making the playoffs most years but never winning the league, I have FINALLY won the Smogon league that I've been part of for almost a decade.

On top of that, I won a dynasty league (beat Del Rio in the final) and narrowly lost a weekly lock league final by 1 steal. In my other two leagues, I got bounced in the playoffs and didn't make the playoffs at all.

3 finals and 2 titles from 5 leagues though is something I'm very happy with. The only gripe I have with fantasy basketball these days is all the rested players on the final few days. I think the league should be like my weekly lock league, where the playoffs start a week early and so the season finishes a week early. That prevents a bunch of bullshit rest related losses now that it's become an NBA wide trend.

GL to the guy I'm facing in the finals (Guillo/OMGWTFBBQ)! Not too much luck though. A handful of my guys are being rested already and I hope it doesn't sway the matchup :S
That was me! It was a close one, but man the resting of players this year has been ridiculous compared to previous years (and I officially hate the Suns... RIP Bledsoe).

Keeper league was horrible for me this year, but have some interesting pieces to build with. Congrats on winning this year Stallion !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)