SM OU Second OU Team

OK, it's time for a second go around with this teambuilding stuff. This time, I tried to take out as much power and bulk that I knew and tried to put what I could into a (maybe) solid team. Here we go!

Helios (Volcarona) @ Firium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

I started off this team with Volcarona, wanting some solid Special presence and Speed from the get-go. In all honesty, this is one of the standard sets on the Smogon guide. This is a good set though, with even one Quiver Dance proving to turn Volcarona into a force to be reckoned with. Z-Fire Blast provides for a great nuke when aimed correctly and Giga Drain makes for great coverage when boosted by dancing. In my experience, a +1 Giga Drain takes out about ~68% from a Mega Blastoise. So...its solid, though standard.

Ariel (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Scald
- Haze

I know that even though Volcarona is a pretty good threat, it gets destroyed by hazards due to it's Bug/Fire typing. So, in my reckoning, the next best thing to put on my team would be the most prevalent and usable OU Defoggers (besides Lati), being Tapu Fini. Fini helps out Volcarona not only with Defog support, but also with resisting one of it's weakness, being water. Haze is to drop any stats from boosting Pokemon trying to get froggy.

Jormungandr (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

I really wanted to use this name. Well, that's not the whole reason but it is one of them. The biggest reason is that this Pokemon is this team's check for Rotom-W. While Hydro Pump still hurts (23 - 27.3%), as it should, Volt Switch blocks Rotom from leaving early from the "party" so to speak. If the Rotom wants to use Will-o-Wisp, Sub negates that as well as Pain Split. Thousand Arrows totally ignores Levitate as well giving a Super-Effective hit on it (and Eelektross, even though no one uses it). E-Speed hits really hard with a couple Coils set up and is choice priority.

Sasuke (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Arrrrgh look into the eye. OK cringy Naruto memes aside, Greninja puts in work against teams especially with the coming teammate at it's side. With Psychic Terrain being set up by Tapu Lele, Extrasensory gets a double boost from STAB as well as the field effect. The other moves are more standard than anything. Scald has burn, DPulse has flinch, Ice Beam has coverage. All moves have STAB due to Protean.

Demolisher (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

I feel like this one doesn't really need any introduction or explanation, but the rules are the rules. Specs Lele is a monster in every sense of the word. Even without the Modest Nature boost, it still punches a hole in a bunch of 'Mons. Moonblast and Psychic are for the obvious STAB (Psychic gets a special shoutout because of the ability boost). HP Fire is for any Steel Types that try to sneak in a hit. T-Bolt is for extra coverage. I can't quite remember why I chose TBolt, to be honest.

Megatron (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Last but not least, the only Pokemon I would dare give the name Megatron. MegaGross is a monster in this meta, and as a result, I'm using his power to the fullest. Bullet Punch is for that reliable STAB priority move, which does pretty solid damage all around. Thunder and Ice Punch are good Coverage for mons that think that staying in against MegaGross is a good idea for some reason (Celesteela and Garchomp(?)). EQ is nice and solid coverage all around.

How do you think I did with my second OU Team?

Hey nice team you have!

There is 1 thing in ur Moveset that i would change!

Why you ran scald on Greninja and Fini if you have Fini in ur team which has the ability to set up a Mystic Terrain to prevent status effectson both sides.

Change scald on Greninja -> Surf / Hydropump and on Fini Scald -> Surf

Hey nice team you have!

There is 1 thing in ur Moveset that i would change!

Why you ran scald on Greninja and Fini if you have Fini in ur team which has the ability to set up a Mystic Terrain to prevent status effectson both sides.

Change scald on Greninja -> Surf / Hydropump and on Fini Scald -> Surf
it can burn mons that levitate or fly, which are immune to terrain secondary effects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)