Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

Cavs lost to the bulls...my god. Lol

I know some people have said the cavs are 'coasting' but being what..17-16 in the second half of the season? I don't know. I don't usually have a lot of bad to say about the cavs. This is pretty much embarrassing, injuries are no excuse for a team that has the talent to be a 60+ win team. Yeah it's not the playoffs but play with some heart, give the fans something.

The fans finally got a championship and are looking at another Eastern Conference finals most likely.

Sorry they aren't beating the Bulls atm.

We've never had 2 teams play in the finals 3 years in a row.. that stat may stay the same. Cavs would be the worst modern era defensive team ever to make the finals.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have this terrible feeling that Russ' late-season hero ball is going to solidify the MVP award for him, because that's what's fresh in the voters minds. Triple-double bullshit aside (don't get me started on that), him and Harden have been so close all season long, now that Harden has been off his game with the wrist injury and Russ doing "amazing" stuff against honestly shitty teams, that will probably be what decides it...

I've actually been a huge Westbrook bandwagoning fanboy for a long time too, and I was super excited to see what he could do without Durant, but with all things considered, I really believe Harden has had a better season and lead the Rockets to a record that no one saw them having.

You could also make a case for D'Antoni to win coach of the year, and if Westbrook won MVP I would expect to see him win it, but If Harden gets MVP I'd like to see Brad Stevens get it.

Russell Westbrook is the MVP, idgaf. Man dropped another 50-point triple double with the game-winning 3 to end Denver. The NBA needs and electoral college to override any potential voting results that has anyone else the MVP this season.

I know it's hip to shit on Westbrook now that people have been riding his dick for so long, but can you really be opposed to him winning MVP? I'm happy with him or Harden getting it.

suapah

stfu anime pfp
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I know it's hip to shit on Westbrook now that people have been riding his dick for so long, but can you really be opposed to him winning MVP? I'm happy with him or Harden getting it.
i was rlly team harden for mvp for the longest time but now i changed over to westbrook. not bc of his trip dubs but its amazing hes continuing this high level of play without breaking down and fatiguing at all

I'm still in favour of Harden for mvp js. It's nothing against Westbrook, it's just that triple doubles are super overhyped in that they arbitrarily overvalue certain styles of production. Seeing if Westbrook can get the record has been fun, but it's been apparent for a while now that he'd be averaging a triple double or close to it on the season. The fact that he actually got the record doesn't change anything because we already knew he'd be close enough and the case for Harden was still strong in spite of that.

Won't lie but I was certain KL was going to be the mvp this season. However at this point it's ridiculous to say anyone else other than Westbrook deserves the mvp. To ignore his historic season is a disservice to the sport of basketball and I'm usually giving him shit. He's earned this.

Miami about to make one hell of a season comeback! Proud long time fan...even if it took them to OT to finish off the cavs bench..just let me enjoy this one. Lol

Bottom of the East playoff picture is a mess.

- Celtics (play Bucks in finale) and Cavs (play Raptors in finale) are locked in at 1 and 2 in some order (Cavs own tiebreaker but are 0.5 behind, so Boston control that).
- Raptors and Wizards are locked in at 3 and 4 respectively.
- Hawks can clinch 5 with a win vs Hornets tomorrow, but if they lose out and Bucks beat Celtics, then Bucks move up. In that scenario, Hawks drop down to 7 because Pacers will hold the tiebreaker and get 6.
- Bulls hold tiebreaker over Heat, and Heat hold tiebreaker over Pacers, Pacers lose in a 3-way tiebreak among those three teams, so if they all end up 41-41, Pacers are out.

Westbrook's insane usage rate is responsible for his stats.. past record was 38.7% from kobe in 06 and his is 42.5%. Don't forget they let Westbrook get virtually every rebound off a miss FT and his efficiency is garbage. Westbrook also shoots under 40% against .500+ teams. As cool as this triple double record is it's just not a good argument in my opinion. NBA's MVP award has gone to a player on a 50-win team that was a top-four playoff seed in each of the last 35 years.. OKC is finishing with 47/48. I believe Harden is MVP.

i won't lie - i am a firm believer that harden should and get mvp but at this rate russ will prob get mvp. that game winner / trip dub vs the nuggets was insane

Despite an amazing second half of the season, the heat have been eliminated from a playoff birth. I'm proud of them nonetheless, they showed heart and a few guys have shown themselves to be worth a long time investment. Looking forward to who else Pat can bring in this off-season.

suapah

stfu anime pfp
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Despite an amazing second half of the season, the heat have been eliminated from a playoff birth. I'm proud of them nonetheless, they showed heart and a few guys have shown themselves to be worth a long time investment. Looking forward to who else Pat can bring in this off-season.
if the heat made the playoffs i genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they beat boston. not only were the heat so much better than their record but i think boston is one of the worst #1 seeds i've seen in a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)