Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
assigned to Shurtugal

Username
: Turnip123
PO/PS! Username: sarahpalin2016, spicybunner
Your timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Most days from 7 - 11 pm (except Wednesdays), Sundays are pretty free right now as well. I have time in between classes if needed.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitive play around gen 4, just mostly laddering and making silly teams. I played a lot more during ORAS and got tutored in NU last year, which I really enjoyed and learned a lot. With gen 7 introducing a whole new metagame, I would like to have someone help show me the ropes again (otherwise I'll probably make the same mistake without noticing them lol).
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use skype, but I can probably learn how to use Discord if needed.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to Sun

Username
: Melon Vodka
PO/PS! Username: Melon Vodka
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Evening after 6 p.m. Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started play Pokemon when BW2 was dieing and XY was borning. I started with the VGC, and I tried other Nintendo's Metagames like Battle spot single and rotation. I lost interesting in VGC because I have not the opportunity to do live competition, and slowly, I started to be interested in OU. So I started playing OU in ORAS era, but I sucked a lot, and so I asked to a friend of mine to help me but he was not useful, he just told me to play ladder a lot, but unfortunately I have no time to playing so much in ladder. Plus I tried for weeks and I did not improve anything. I had stuff to do in this months, but now, with the new metagame I wanna my chance. I know how double switches work, I know the basics of the game but there's something wrong in my playstyle and I want to improve myself. I play very slow because I can't think quickly about the pros and cons of every move and I have problems to think about a good game plan. I hope I'll be picked in this round, and I'll hope my tutor won't be like my friend (I'm joking).
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, I have both.

assigned to False.

Username
: Arx_MD
PO/PS! Username: Arx_MD (PS)
Your timezone: +9.5
Usual Hours of Availability: 6pm -10pm mon - friday and weekends it varies but generally flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon back in gen 1, took a big break from the game. Played some gen 6 OU in 2014/5 and have played some SU/MO OU. I always play gen 1 ou/gen 1 random when I am bored. I really am looking to learn how gen 7 OU works and am motivated to improve my game.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, preferably discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to False.

Username
: Dogknees
PO/PS! Username: Dogknees (PS)
Your timezone: GMT+11
Usual Hours of Availability: N/A Monday / Tuesday, anytime Wednesday, 4:00pm onwards Thursday, anytime Friday / Saturday / Sunday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitively late ORAS with OU / Ubers. Played a fair few amount of games while touching up my general knowledge in the respective rooms. Started playing Battle Spot Singles not too long after SM was released. Voice in OU for a few months now, though quite out of touch with the metagame so I want to relearn and refine my knowledge.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, discord

assigned to Simiatic

Username
: PHenriqueHM
PO/PS! Username: PedHenrique
Your timezone: UTC-03:00
Usual Hours of Availability: 4:00pm to 10:00pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started on showdown about 5-6 months ago, but been playing pokémon uncompetitive since I was a little kid, not much aside from that.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

Assigned to False.

Username
: PishT_
PO/PS! Username: pisht
Your timezone: PST (GMT -7)
Usual Hours of Availability: any time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Currently am an OU voice so I am knowledgeable on what's viable in the OU tier and what general strats work. This however does not translate to my battling skills. I can barely reach past a pitiful 1600 on the ladder and I have been wanting to improve for a long while. I am requesting user False as my tutor.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

assigned to Simiatic

Username
: implaser
PO/PS! Username: implaser01
Your timezone: IST(+:30 GMT)
Usual Hours of Availability: 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm GMT and 6 am to 9 am GMT on most days
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitive battling last here with OU, I used to play a lot of OU and the max ELO i ave got is 1500 but recently after months of Mono it seems that i lose in the very lower ladder and am not able to cross the 1300's
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: No

assigned to Sun

Username
: Spencario
PS! Username: Aeronautical
Your timezone: CST (GMT +5)
Usual Hours of Availability: T/TH 10pm-12am, Fri/Sat/Sun 5pm-12am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing Pokemon competitively since D/P/P, but have taken a serious interest in the UU/RU/NU metagame since 5th gen. Currently I'm looking to get a better understanding of the S/M OU Metagame, in particular with advice to team building, making better predictions, and finding optimal EV spreads. My threshold for the ELO is typically around 1400 on the ladder, so I'd like to improve that.

Reactions: Sun
assigned to Sun

Username
: Adam the First
PO/PS! Username: Adam the First
Your timezone: +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 5 pm to 7 and weekend from 2 pm to 5 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive one year ago or so, I've been playing just ou so i know how the tier works oo. I need help in building
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ye

Sun agreed to be my tutor

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
assigned to Erz

Username
: Conni
PO/PS! Username: Conni
Your timezone: Currently CEST (GMT + 2)
Usual Hours of Availability: 10am to 3pm on weekdays, 4am to 4pm on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My main and favorable area of competitive Pokemon is Little Cup although I wouldn't say I'm good at it yet as I'd still acknowledge myself as a intermediate user or around that level of expertise. I'm also getting into Old Gens, mostly the battling aspect but I usually play ADV OU more than the other old gens tier, but I'm still not as good at that either. I've been playing a little of ORAS OU before SM came out and now with SM out I usually play a little SM OU as well, but I'm not that experienced yet.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only Discord, my skype is broken
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to Simiatic

Username
: MK007
PS! Username: MK007
Your timezone:(GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: 3PM to 12AM on weekdays and pretty much any time on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm an LC Main and have been playing since BW. I've done RMT's, topped the ladder, and participated in LC tours. I haven't played much OU but I'm not a stranger to the Meta and am looking to be able to achieve as much in OU as I have in LC.

assigned to Empo

Username
: faketuit
PO/PS! Username: faketuit
Your timezone: CEST +2
Usual Hours of Availability: from about 22:00 to 00:00 everyday of the week.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing VGC on 2015. This february I discovered Smogon so I decided to try and play some OU. I recently reached 1400 on the OU ladder and I want to improve my teambuilding and my play to reach higher spots on the ladder!

suapah

stfu anime pfp
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
assigned to Amoonguss

Username
: suapah
PO/PS! Username: boulja soy
Your timezone: GMT-4 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends and Tuesday (5-8 pm) usually.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm a ladder player trying to get better on the tour scene. I've peaked over 1800 multiple times and would like to get an overall better understanding of building and making the right plays in tours.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both (Preferably Skype)

assigned to urban

Username:
Toshiro46

PS! Username: Toshiro46

Time zone: GMT-5 (Central)

Hours: During the week from 9-3 and 5-10, it varies but I'm usually free around those times.

Experience: Ladder player introduced to competitive with SuMo, have since played a bunch of matches and come on here to learn how to git gud. Peak was bottom of top 500 (low 1600) a few weeks prior to Phero suspect, been struggling to make a team that works for me since. I want to be able to compete at a higher level and better understand team building. At this point I think I've played about 1000 games or so on PS! SuMo OU.

Discord/Skype?: Both, preferably discord.

Blacklist?: Got it.

assigned to ez

Username: bluxio
Po/Ps: bluxio
Timezone: est (gmt -4)
Usual hours of availability: basically any time thats not sunday.
Tell us a little bit about your experience in competitive pokemon: I played ou for a month back in 2014. Since then I have been playing monotype. My peak in the ou ladder was 1600
Are you able to use discord or skype: both but skype is preferred.
Do I understand how the blacklist works: yes

assigned to Subject 18

Username
: Pirouette
PO/PS! Username:Prism
Your Timezone: (Miami Florida) Eastern timezone UTC-05:00
Usual Hours of Availability:Free on weekends.For weekdays I am usually free through 3-6 P.M,if I have too much home work then that may not be a possibility.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon(min. 3 sentences): I have played competitive Pokemon for two years and actually reached high ladder for about a week in oras OU.Soon as I learned about the metagame i started building much better and created a mega diancie team that also peaked in late Oras.In the beginning of
SM OU and I played mostly pre bank and was not able to get ahead in the pokebank which costed me a lot of meta knowledge.Soon I learned a general vast amount of the meta and I am able to build solid efficient teams,and play very optimally but I want to break my limits even further.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:yes(discord only)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

assigned to ez

Username
: TopLel TopKek
PO/PS! Username: TopLel TopKek
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: At night during week days, the most of time during weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): It's been a while since I started in competitive Pokémon, I've been playing since 2006. I joined Smogon in 2007 and enjoyed of some recognition a couple years, but some things happened here and there and I was enforced to delete my account in 2011, I had to retire for a while. Two years later I decided to come back into the competitive Pokémon, so I started again in 2013 with a new nickname. During the last couple years I've tried to improve my skills and mastering all tiers, and I managed to stand out in some tournaments, but this time I feel I'm choking a lot for learn to play this new OU metagame.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes. But I'd rather to use Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ofc

assigned to False.

Username
: zl24
PO/PS! Username: zl24
Your timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Mon-Friday Mornings 4 am - 10am or after 8:30 P.M. & Saturday Mornings or after 5:00 P.M. /Sundays- All day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitive play around gen 6, just mostly laddering and making my way up the ladder. I played a lot more during ORAS, and it took a while to get the hang of the meta game I really enjoyed. I honestly would like to get a better grasp of the game and not play turn by turn which is one of my biggest problems along with making questionable plays early on.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, but I prefer Discord.

assigned to urban

Username
: Waszap
PS! Username: Waszap
Your timezone: EDT (GMT -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: evenings is best after 5pm, although since uni is about to end i will be available more
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing for a while now. I played OMs mostly, got somewhere with monotype, so started to expand to things like UU, RU, and NU. Never could get the hang of OU so deciding to get a tutor. I am familiar with the general tier, but need a jumpstart.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both, prefer discord

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
assigned to False.

Username
: CKW
PO/PS! Username: CaptKnightwalker
Your timezone: GMT +3
Usual Hours of Availability: Can stay up during late hours since its somewhat of a vacation for me atm.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing competitive Pokemon since Mid-XY. Played all the previous gen OUs but got serious during the middle of ORAS and played a fair bit of Ubers, NU, UU, and OU at the end. At the start of Gen 7, i decided to make Ubers my main since i enjoy playing the tier a lot. However, I've been struggling a bit when playing SM OU (Though I've written a few analysis for the tier but its a bit hard for me to get a grasp of the metagame practically) however, I'm fine with theorising and stuff but how much is that worth if i can't make the proper decisions during a game am I right?
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Can use both but prefer Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do!

assigned to False.

Username
: Edgelord L
PS! Username: Edgelord L
Your timezone: AEST (UTC+10) (Australian east coast)
Usual Hours of Availability: 6pm AEST until late, but flexible on hours depending on the day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started out playing ORAS battlespot singles but didn't enjoy it that much. I then discovered ORAS OU towards the end of its run and was hooked on competitive battling. Since then I've played SM OU prebank and now SM OU while improving myself slightly over time. I think I can teambuild okay but my actual battling needs work.

assigned to Simiatic

Username
: redmaxx
PO/PS! Username: redmaxx
Your timezone: gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: alaways
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played ORAS in both OU. I enjoyed both tiers a lot, OU is probably my main tier though and simiatic is the 100

Assigned to -Snow

Username
: SwellowNotSpit
PS! Username: SwellowNotSpit
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: 17:00 Onwards
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been on and off playing Showdown for the last few years. Never really got competitive and use teams provided to me. I generally over predict and it screws me over :[

assigned to ez

Username
: Toomin
PO/PS! Username: ketranking
Your timezone: EDT
Usual Hours of Availability: any time of day Mon-Thurs, mornings and afternoons on the weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): First started playing Pokemon when I was around 8, and I first got into competitive play during the BW era. I really enjoyed BW, never played too often but mostly among friends. ORAS was a lot less exciting for me, and I stopped playing during those couple of years, but SM has peaked my interest again. Despite all the time I've been interested, I have lots of trouble getting past 1400s on the ladder and would love some more guidance and direction to get better.

assigned to Subject 18

Username
: On the Wind
PO/PS! Username: ialit, trial battle
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoon onwards
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing comp since DPP and participated in this program last gen and enjoyed it. I play a lot of BO and would like to diversify styles, as well as continue improving my team building and moveset selection. I'm also looking to maybe start participating in tournies.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)