SM OU OU Balanced Team (Tapu Koko Core)

Is it a good Team for my first try in the S/M Meta?

• Its Fantastic! (You lie bro but ty <3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its great!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Its Okey!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • a few Mistakes but its still okey

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • a couple of Mistakes that makes my eyes bleed <3

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Hey Smogon Users!
Its my first post so i try my best :D

I've made a Balanced Team in the Tier OU with Tapu Koko as the Core Pkmn in a Balanced Team!
Im kinda new to CP, i started breeding since 1 Year ago and im rly bad at building teams and now i finally broke the barrier to the smogon boards so you can may help me and improve myself to a better Pkmn Player.
But Enough talking!

Lets Start with my Sets!

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Voltswitch

Choosed him as my main Special Attacker and as the Core for my team!
Pretty simple, just a Special Attacker, there isnt much to say i guess!
Using the Boltbeam tactic to hit everything, the only problem is Alola -Marowak which i cant dmg.
I go for U-turn to flee from Dugtrio and Alola Marowak!

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

This is my Answer against Ground or Electric Type Pkmns that try to hit my Koko or Toxapex!
I choosed a Defensive coz i wanna stall common threats like Garchomp Choice Scarfed which Koko cant handle to weak it with a Attack - 1 Drop and force it to switch. I also ran a Hidden Power Ice to DMG also Garchomp, enemy Landorus or maybe Gliscor who would otherwise Wall me out!
Im not sure about the Rocky Helmet, i choosed it to hurt Physical Dmg dealer even more and DMG also U-Turn user.
But otherwise i dont got Recovery coz of missing Leftis! Pls help me out there :)
Stealth Rock to set up and support the Team even more effectiv.

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 152 Spe
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Thats my Physical Wallbreaker who deals massive DMG to everyone!
I choosed the Choice Scarf to Outspeed even Boosted Init mons coz in the Defensive way Pheromosa is very squieshy and get rekt even by Tanks!
The only Problem i have is Alola Marowak which can resist all of my Attacks.
I ran a Choice Scarf set to 100 % outspeed Alakazam even if its + 1 by a Baton Passer to Kill it.
The only prob i got is how i get into that matchup and what i should do if Alakazam ran a Substitute!

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

My Physical Wall which works Perfect with my 2 other Defensive Pkmns!
It kinda works well in tandem with my Tanggrowth and Landorus - T cause they Resist the Weaknesses of each other which is pretty awesome and with the Regnerator Core is very hard to beat them.
I ran haze to prevent Mega Scizor or other Pkmn to set up on me.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My Mixed Wall which checks Bulky Ground/Water Pkmns who my other Pkmns wont handle that much!
As i said it works very well with my Toxapex and Landorus-T.
Hidden Power Fire hits various Steel-types and Grass-types such as Ferrothorn, Scizor, Tapu Bulu,and Skarmory which otherwise would Check it and can setup!I mostly spam Knock Off for the Utillity and switch it in Tandem with Toxapex to procc the Regenerator.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My Mixed Attacker that Revenge Kill enemy pkmn which are weaken by my other pkmn!
Ice Beam to hit Dragon , Ground and Fly Pokemons!
Gunk Shot to kill Fairy Types like all of the Tapu's.
Extrasensory to kill Toxapex, Mega Venusaur with the help of Stealth Rock DMG!
Hidden Power Fire to kill Steel Types like Mega Scizor, Magearna, Ferrothorn or Skarmory after Stealth Rock.

Problems:

I rly like this Team but it feels rly slow with Toxapex and Tanggrowth and its hard to get a good spot to play my Sweepers without switching them into Attacks that would kill em coz all 3 are very squieshy!
I got problems against Teams with entry hazards like sticky web coz i got no Hazard Control. Also its hard to get my Pkmn to sweep coz i cant switch em that easy in without getting Walled by Alolan Marowak!
I know my Landorus-T can 1HKO it but i have to predict it and that isnt easy if the enemy players knows that Landorus-T is my only Pkmn against Alolan Marowak!
In early Stages i had problems against Mega -Venusaur cause i diddnt ran a Psychic moves on my Team. In that case i switched Hydro Pump with Extrasensory on Greninja to hit Bulky Poison Pkmn hard but again i cant 1HKO Bulky Poison Types like Mega -Venusaur and they can easily oneshoot me too.
Against Stall Teams i got some Problems too, i dont have acces to taunt and against Pkmn like Tapu Fini with the Mystic Terrain i cant use Toxic on them to stall them out.

Thats it i guess :)

Ty for reading

Have a nice day

Last edited:
~ Updated ~
use dazzling gleam it has the same power as hp ice against dragons due to stab and is more useful as it is more spammable then hp ice. also, phero is gonna get banned and u turn and v switch on the same mon is stupid. use hp fire instead and a life orb for taking down ferothorn, who is a hard counter for him. toxapex should either have toxic or haze, not both, and as phero cant be used in the suspect test OU, replace it with scarf tana and make that greninja an ash gren. ill admit protean isnt bad but specs ash gren with dark pulse ,water shruiken ,ice beam and grass knot is better. grass knot can be taken out for something else u want though

use dazzling gleam it has the same power as hp ice against dragons due to stab and is more useful as it is more spammable then hp ice. also, phero is gonna get banned and u turn and v switch on the same mon is stupid. use hp fire instead and a life orb for taking down ferothorn, who is a hard counter for him. toxapex should either have toxic or haze, not both, and as phero cant be used in the suspect test OU, replace it with scarf tana and make that greninja an ash gren. ill admit protean isnt bad but specs ash gren with dark pulse ,water shruiken ,ice beam and grass knot is better. grass knot can be taken out for something else u want though
Ty for reply.

The HP Fire from Tapu Koko isnt strong enough to take Ferrothorn out and otherwise i get huge dmg from Gyro Ball but I will test it out with Dazzling Gleam.
And HP Ice isnt only for Dragon Types, against switching Landorus-T its super effective too!
Also Voltswitch and U-Turn is common : http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/tapu_koko/
On the smogon Moveset Toxapex is common with Toxic and Haze. I dont understand why you say that this is stupid : http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/toxapex/
If i swap Pheromosa with Kartana i cant counter Mega Alakazam anymore coz it will Late Game clean up my whole team.

Ty for helping me out

Last edited:
Ty for reply.

The HP Fire from Tapu Koko isnt strong enough to take Ferrothorn out and otherwise i get huge dmg from Gyro Ball but I will test it out with Dazzling Gleam.
And HP Ice isnt only for Dragon Types, against switching Landorus-T its super effective too!
Also Voltswitch and U-Turn is common : http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/tapu_koko/
On the smogon Moveset Toxapex is common with Toxic and Haze. I dont understand why you say that this is stupid : http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/toxapex/
If i swap Pheromosa with Kartana i cant counter Mega Alakazam anymore coz it will Late Game clean up my whole team.

Ty for helping me out
i meant both scald and toxic choose 1 status or the other. i saw that the dex does happen to say that but the better choice in this case would probably be toxic spikes or the underrated swagger for special attackers. Pheromosa is currently being suspect tested, so if you want a alakazam counter try a scarfer such as crunch chomp or a mon ive never seen used but i've had interesting results as a mixed wall, cm will o wisp hex pain split dusclops. mega slowbro can also do the trick if it has calm minded a few times and is at full hp, which prevents it from the energy ball OHKO. Also, doesn't assault vest tangrowth outtank mega alakazam? i know he has decent bulk and you also have knock off, but assault vest A-muk is an even better counter, but with the loss of the coverage of tangrowths set as he literally either runs this or curse black sludge. Interestingly enough, scarf Victini can check fini if it switches in on it with Bolt Strike and c'mon, what mon is gonna eat up a V-create? Just some suggestions feel free to memo me if u need anything else im trying to make a real good team right now any way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)