Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

So its been quite a while, been playing overwatch here and there and just want to post about my experiences lol.

Last season i finished around high plat while just maiming dva lol, only reason i didn't get to diamond was because of temple of anubis threw me off. This season I'm currently in diamond by playing dva, bastion(before and after nerf) and mercy in that order. Even with bastion nerf, he stills plays well until the opposing team targets you very well solo or in a group lol.

About the lucio changes tbh, Idk how I feel with him, beforehand i never really liked playing as him, maybe i try him after the changes but that's to remain as sure. I def want to talk about my experiences on Orisa (Xbox One).

I def agree with Joim with Orisa's flaws. She's definitely has a huge hitbox and low mobility + no escape option hurts. During my playtime as her I find it extremely annoying to kill mobile characters who jump/move around like little pesky flies such as genji, tracer, sombra and lucio. It also doesn't help that she's tied with Zarya for lowest health but Zarya's shields can regen while Orisa's armor can't. Though I don't know if its just me, but when playing as Orisa I feel like I have to be actively talking with someone about where to place shield, use halt, and combo the supercharger. While yes overwatch is a team comp game, I feel like Orisa relies a whole lot more on the team coordination than the other tanks due to her low hp, low mobility, and esp unique abilities. Overall she is fun to play as and she can make some fun combos, but I'll prob won't use her when she's available for comp unless if I'm with a group of friends, cause I'm mic shy around strangers :x

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nobody's biting the Grego thing smh u_u Also https://worldcup.playoverwatch.com/en-us/

And the fact that there isn't even 100 GMs in so many countries (SG included) is just sad. Anyway...

==

Completed my placements, this late I know, and got placed 2.8k+ lol, slightly below my S3 end of 2929 cos yoloqing on last week of comp for the lols >_> Literally all but 1-2 of my placements were all average 3k or more. And then I still got into games of average 3.1k+ (factoring in my :poop: SR) after my placements. Like really ???? If the MMR system has that much confidence in putting me into 3.1k+, can it not arbitrarily give me 2.8k just because they try to be cautious or forcefully putting placements to be lower than season end? At least I didn't get placed 200 SR below my season end or that would be super annoying to farm lmao u_u It then gives me +40 and +41 for winning after placements ZZZ. On the bright side, at least I know for sure that your SR can be way below your MMR and they'll still put you on games based on MMR, unless you're telling me that all the 11 diamonds in my games have plat MMR which I don't think. I'm gonna try farming my way up properly this season, since that's something I've never done, and most of my games are soloq in Asia region, as opposed to party queuing rip. For sure, Asia games are better than SEA games.

Playing in Asia is also pretty hilarious sometimes. Sometimes I get Taiwan servers where everyone speaks chinese and IDK what people are saying sometimes, and IDK what callouts or some hero names are. Also the Ana I got today was pretty funny, joking about going to Boostio me and I just furiously shook my head ahahaha. I'm really liking Lucio to the point where I find Lucio easier to exert a large influence on the game with, with proper Amps pretty much winning the entire fight or extending the advantages even more. I can play Zen probably better than Lucio but Lucio just got the instant swing in fights without having to ult. (and Lucio still works okay if my internet poops itself occasionally D:) I also find that the more the team is winning the less Lucio's heal tends to be. I've had times where my damage exceeds healing by a fair bit lmao. Probably because I spend most of the time amping speed to extend advantages by a larger margin and going for stagger kills. Peeling for your main healer is superrrr fun as well. Ana kept getting dived by Winston/D.Va and Lucio peels really well against them. Boops can be game winning but I'm not really used to the trajectory yet. Pretty much reliant on damage to farm ult most of the time now.

Met a few Orisa's in comp, not a lot and doesn't seem like the TW / Asian scene really wants to play Orisa, from my small sample size. I think Orisa's is like Mei tier, not bad but pretty niche but on maps she's good at she's really good. I don't think most players know how to exploit Orisa well yet. I don't think she's weak but just not a mainstream hero. My only complaint is that huge 360 head hitbox and slow movement isn't a good combination... I've farmed too many headshots from that even if she just peeks for a small window. Probably needs time for people to start playing her properly and realize how good her damage potential is and how she isn't as squishy as most make her out to be.

Onto PTR Lucio; I never played PTR Lucio in a game or anything, don't want to mess up projectile speed and movement speed memory. I must say I quite enjoy Lucio in his current state, and have been giving some thoughts over it as I play pretty much Lucio on my soloq comp games. I feel like there'd be a lot of things I wouldn't be able to do if they reduced his radius so much. Even though sometimes the team's front and back lines are super far apart, I don't feel like I'm really being an aura bot that just stays on whatever. Rather, I find that choosing and switching aura while trying to keep the maximum benefit for the team overall in both lines to be pretty interesting. Sometimes we do push the advantage so much that I'm stretching out my aura range on both ends, with the front pushing forward even further with speed while the back still has some straggling skirmish fights. In that case, I can still actively commit and contribute to both fights that are like what 60m apart? With the reduced range, you're forced to choose on just one area of the fight if the distance is too large to cover. Sure you can zoom between both parts of the teams faster but you can no longer involve yourself in a spread out fight as you used to be able to. Like if we play split offense/defense, Lucio can be on speed to support the frontline; and when someone dives your main healer, you can Crossfade and help your main healer out without being next to them. It would really suck if you can no longer play split styles with Lucio anymore. And by split, I mean really split out where 10m radius and zoom speed wouldn't help. I'm also not a fan of them buffing his damage, especially after they improved his projectile speed which I think is a really good change. Buffing his heals more is really bad to be honest. Nade + Amp heals is going to be even more problematic, probably back to pre Nade nerf numbers, not that I calced that. And Lucio isn't that heal reliant to farm ult anyway and they shouldn't make heal creep a thing again with what they did to Mercy.

I still don't think there's really any good way of reducing the importance of Lucio, given how good speed boost is no matter what composition you run except for really static all-in defenses. Trying to do that would probably mean increasing his opportunity cost and make him Mercy tier or you end up making him even more iffy as is the way it is now. I probably wouldn't enjoy Lucio that much if the changes go through. I don't think they're going to add more speed boosting options soon so the next best would be to give more speed boost counters. They could probably give like Orisa's Halt!, Mei's Freeze (M1 and ult), Symmetra sentries the ability to nullify speed boosts, where when those are active, the target cannot receive speed benefits or even up till a certain time before they can get speed boosted. This could also potentially mean nullifying S76's sprint perhaps, or they could just make it external specific i.e. Lucio. It would be a buff to them but probably worth experimenting.

Ramble ramble huge wall of text yada yada

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ayyy i contributed into ireland being there!! too bad I decayed to 3300 now though LOL, but my smurf is still at like 3700-3800

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Looks like fate has decided I don't deserve diamond yet. Back down to 2.7k and on a lose streak. Not exactly surprised but I had hoped I could get and maintain a good rank. I'm probably realistically high gold/low plat skill wise and just got to dia by a lucky Winstreak. I see how bad I am the more and more I play rip. I wish it felt less impossible to improve. It seems like I've hit a dead end.

How much did you play? If you played more than three - five games that was probably too much. That's why I'm leveling up a smurf so I'll have something to play comp on when I don't want to overdue my main account with games but still want to play comp.

And I'm sure you can get back to diamond, it's a grind but if you take it slow I think you can get it :)

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've screwed up my main's SR and it's being hell getting the fuck out of low masters. Meanwhile the 2nd account is still around 3.9 with somewhat similar games...

HailFall

I'm kinda fucking around on my alt doing Hanzo and defense widow and w/e. Also playing quite a bit of tracer. Feel like I'm decent with her but I need to work on timing my engages with the team because there are times when I might go in but my team kinda just stays standing there at the choke for.. some... reason while I'm trying to open things up for them. My target prioritization could probably use some work too.

I started climbing on my main when I started playing dva rather than Ana (I rarely really feel I'm playing all that poorly when I pick her but I always lose SR when I do soooooo). Dva isn't terrible but I wish they could revert her health and damage to the s2 values. She went from feed proof early s3 to extremely easy to feed with now so rip. Trying to improve on my ults and work on generally not playing like a bot. She feels really hard to play without a rein but I'm like worst rein NA so I really shouldn't be picking him (had like literally 8% winrate with him last season lmao). Dva is really fun for me to play when my teams aren't yelling that I need to play zarya instead lol.

My favorite combo is D.va / Rein / Bastion on payload offense. You block all the damage so Bastion's untouchable, and with both Matrix and Rein shield you block virtually all ultimates (D.va bomb, Earthshatter, Graviton Surge, Blizzard, Dragonstrike, etc).

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Got the Hanzo account to masters playing mostly offmeta and it's now almost as high as my metaslave main account. So yeah, picks mean literally nothing xd

HailFall

starting to think i should just become pretty much a dva one trick on my main. like ideally you want to play dva with a rein or winston alongside her but im not that good at either of those two heroes. I'm not that amazing at hog either. I can flex to zarya if we really need a teamwipe or to knock the enemy dva out of her mech, but besides that I feel most comfortable staying on dva (and i have the most fun that way too).

HailFall

good mei players that dont get their walls baited are quite possibly some of the most unfun things to play against on this planet. They make team fights feel literally unwinnable lol.

Salt: Mercy players. "Merky is actually the hardest most nuanced hero in da game compared to durr hurr shooty classes everyone should give me credit for deigning to play such a mentally advanced character". Just stop.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Salt: Mercy players. "Merky is actually the hardest most nuanced hero in da game compared to durr hurr shooty classes everyone should give me credit for deigning to play such a mentally advanced character". Just stop.
What the fuck are you talking about, you rat-brained little piece of cow shit? Don't you realize it is of absolute difficulty to stay in such a position where I can keep you fully healed by holding (or tapping) left click while staying out of danger's way? And then pressing Q when you are all dead, only so we feed enemy ults again and get wiped, AGAIN?

By the way, if I die it's COMPLETELY your fault for not protecting me and absolutely not my own fault for possibly not having good positioning or being too tunneled on something.

sarcasm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)