Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you let us make custom Pokemon? Not like a new OM where everyone can create Pokemon, but kinda like a private test Pokemon. The reason I'm suggesting this is because there is a subreddit (on Reddit) attempting to create an original Pokemon game and it would be great to be able to test it out in Custom Battles.

An idea would be making a "Custom Pokemon" format when you're building a team. Then clicking "Add Pokemon" puts a "Custom Pokemon" suggestion on the top. It would be exactly the same but you could import a sprite (from a url) and edit the base stats, and adding custom moves (basically picking the acc/BP/basic secondary effects)

dom

Banned deucer.
Can you let us make custom Pokemon? Not like a new OM where everyone can create Pokemon, but kinda like a private test Pokemon. The reason I'm suggesting this is because there is a subreddit (on Reddit) attempting to create an original Pokemon game and it would be great to be able to test it out in Custom Battles.

An idea would be making a "Custom Pokemon" format when you're building a team. Then clicking "Add Pokemon" puts a "Custom Pokemon" suggestion on the top. It would be exactly the same but you could import a sprite (from a url) and edit the base stats, and adding custom moves (basically picking the acc/BP/basic secondary effects)
this def won't happen on main, try coding them into a different server.

Ceteris Paribus

I am inevitable.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if this is a thing already, but suggesting a command that can be used to accept a challenge in a scripted tournament without having to click the "Ready" button since I've seen some users trying to click it but it doesn't respond and as a result they get DQed. If possible I think a command to also cancel the challenge would be really helpful too

Not sure if this is a thing already, but suggesting a command that can be used to accept a challenge in a scripted tournament without having to click the "Ready" button since I've seen some users trying to click it but it doesn't respond and as a result they get DQed. If possible I think a command to also cancel the challenge would be really helpful too
/tour acceptchallenge is what you're looking for. (On a related note, there's /tour cancelchallenge and also /tour challenge although that one is less useful; you need to specify the user you're challenging and it uses the team you last challenged or played with or validated.)

I want to be able to hear music other than the 14 soundtracks we have now. In the settings, there should be a checklist that includes every battle soundtrack from any core series game. The ones that are checked have a chance of playing when the player enters a battle.

/tour acceptchallenge is what you're looking for. (On a related note, there's /tour cancelchallenge and also /tour challenge although that one is less useful; you need to specify the user you're challenging and it uses the team you last challenged or played with or validated.)
can't we just type /tour getupdate and challenge/accept the battle rather than wasting time in checking if we have to challenge or to accept.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I want to be able to hear music other than the 14 soundtracks we have now. In the settings, there should be a checklist that includes every battle soundtrack from any core series game. The ones that are checked have a chance of playing when the player enters a battle.
There are licensing costs for for every soundtrack we have on PS, which is (along with size concerns, and possibly other things i'm unaware of) why we don't have more soundtracks.

Could we have it so "/highlight delete" asks for confirmation before deleting your highlight list? I accidentally hit enter beforen choosing a specific word and cleared everything, lucky I had just done /hl list before so I didn't lose my highlight list but the ease of which this could accidentally happen is worrying.

Peaceable

Banned deucer.
Good evening, i have 2 suggestions, what do you think about disabling that rule of fighting 12 times in 3 minutes in the tournaments?, Many are disqualified for not being able to battle in the tournament because of this rule, it gets in the way a bit in the tournament and I think that all rooms focused on some tier should have in their roomintros the button of Sample Teams, because it leaves the access of the teams easier and the user does not have to stay going in the pm of the staff to request the link or to go in the forum to look for

Ladders for Challenge Cup doubles and Triples. If randbats can get these ladders, why not challenge cup?
I liked it

Add other unown forms
Yes, There is not only the Unown with the letter A, it would be interesting to add the other forms

A very simple suggestion for people like me who hate scrolling through the room list to find one or two rooms. Can we try and expand the /join command a little bit? For example, instead of typing /join Tournaments then typing /join Cosmopolitan, and then typing /join sports, could we make it so that we can type it out in one command? Such as /join Sports, Cosmopolitan, Tournaments, Game Corner, etc.
This is a great suggestion, it would greatly help users in Showdown

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Good evening, i have 2 suggestions, what do you think about disabling that rule of fighting 12 times in 3 minutes in the tournaments?, Many are disqualified for not being able to battle in the tournament because of this rule, it gets in the way a bit in the tournament and I think that all rooms focused on some tier should have in their roomintros the button of Sample Teams, because it leaves the access of the teams easier and the user does not have to stay going in the pm of the staff to request the link or to go in the forum to look for

I liked it

Yes, There is not only the Unown with the letter A, it would be interesting to add the other forms

This is a great suggestion, it would greatly help users in Showdown
it is made to reduce the traffic on the server otherwise it could be abused in some way to make the validator crash and other things that PS would really not appreciate. On the topic of the sample teams thread to link on roomintros, that suggestion should directly be adressed to these rooms' Owners

dubs/triples challenge cup: would probably not be played enough, and triples are gonna be abandoned because they do not exist in pokémon sun & moon

unown: not a priority, there are 28 unown formes and i'm pretty sure some of them haven't been made yet - maybe for space reasons too since adding 27 more forms of a pokémon when it wont really change the pokémon itself, isn't really mandatory

Peaceable

Banned deucer.
it is made to reduce the traffic on the server otherwise it could be abused in some way to make the validator crash and other things that PS would really not appreciate. On the topic of the sample teams thread to link on roomintros, that suggestion should directly be adressed to these rooms' Owners

dubs/triples challenge cup: would probably not be played enough, and triples are gonna be abandoned because they do not exist in pokémon sun & moon

unown: not a priority, there are 28 unown formes and i'm pretty sure some of them haven't been made yet - maybe for space reasons too since adding 27 more forms of a pokémon when it wont really change the pokémon itself, isn't really mandatory
Thank you :)

Actually, all formes of Unown are in the server, but you can only use them if your actual PS name is that letter. This is done in part to prevent people from spelling rude things with their Unown. At the very least, you can use an 'X' instead of an 'A' if you make your Unown shiny.

Peaceable

Banned deucer.
Actually, all formes of Unown are in the server, but you can only use them if your actual PS name is that letter. This is done in part to prevent people from spelling rude things with their Unown. At the very least, you can use an 'X' instead of an 'A' if you make your Unown shiny.
Thank You :)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but right now, when you look at mega Alakazam's usage stats in AAA, it says "Trace 100%". I think most of us know (or can look up) what abilities Pokemon get when they mega evolve, so it would be more helpful to list the percentages of the abilities they had before mega evolving. For example, if 64% of Alakazam holding alakazite in AAA have intimidate, the statistics should list "Intimidate 64%" under mega Alakazam.
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-02/moveset/gen7almostanyability-1760.txt

Peaceable

Banned deucer.
Hello everybody, good morning/afternoon/night, it's my first smogon thread and I want to take this opportunity to give a suggestion.
My suggestion is that all roms focused on some tier like the rooms OU, Uber, RU, PU and etc put in their roomintros the sample teams, thus it is easier for the users to have access to teams instead of always I came to the site of smogon Search threads with the teams of certain tiers and it also reduces the work of the staffs to always be showing links of the teams for the users in the chat or in the PM.
Thank you

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everybody, good morning/afternoon/night, it's my first smogon thread and I want to take this opportunity to give a suggestion.
My suggestion is that all roms focused on some tier like the rooms OU, Uber, RU, PU and etc put in their roomintros the sample teams, thus it is easier for the users to have access to teams instead of always I came to the site of smogon Search threads with the teams of certain tiers and it also reduces the work of the staffs to always be showing links of the teams for the users in the chat or in the PM.
Thank you
I moved your thread into this one because it didn't need a thread of its own. Also i looked in all of the tier rooms, and their roomintros all already include either a link directly to sample teams, or to the forums where sample teams can be found.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I noticed that a lot of people in the Tournaments room gets confused by the fact that Gen 6 format don't specify the generation, like Gen 7 does. My suggestion is; would it be possible to have previous generations specify the gen? So rather than "UU tournament" it'd be "[Gen 6]UU tournament".

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not quite sure if people have suggested this before because thread is just too large but, just the same way that the /dt command usually corrects you if you typo a pokemon or an item, wouldn't it be good if it also suggested you possible corrections for a command if wrongly typed?

EDIT: This is something I'd really want to see implemented. Is it a tad annoying to have to do /bch to block challenges because it's a setting that doesn't save unlike /away but I dont want to block PM's. So...is there a way to make it permanent? (obv it will reset if you clear cookies n stuff)

Hello. 2 Suggestions for the Teambuilder, with the aim of moving team checking one step earlier than the "Validate" button:

Complex Filter Options
Currently, the team builder can filter on Name, Type, Ability, Moves and Tier. The results can then be sorted by stats.

Desired new filter would be on stats, weaknesses and resists, as well as the ability to submit longer queries using logical operators. For example:

Attack < 50: Displays only pokemon with Attack less than 50.
HP = 100: Displays only pokemon with HP equal to 100
75 < Speed < 125: Displays only pokemon with speed between 75 and 125
Weak ground: Displays only pokemon weak to ground
Resist ground: Displays only pokemon that resist ground

Example of longer query, with arguments separated by semicolon. This could also be SQL or whatever is easiest.
Attack < 50; learns flamethrower, scald; resist fire; HP = 100, Speed > 100, tier OU: Displays only pokemon with attack less than 50, that learn flamethrower and scald, resist fire, have HP equal to 100, speed greater than 100 and belong to the OU tier.

Support for Other Metagames Formats
In the current teambuilder, when a standard format is chosen in the format selection dropdown, the teambuilder will display only pokemon usable in that tier (specifically, that tier and below). This functionality would ideally be extended to community-created other metagames in the following ways:
  • Custom Banlists: Say my format is "AwesomeMons" and in that format, Groudon and Mienfoo are banned. After selecting AwesomeMons as the format in the teambuilder (assuming the format is supported on PS), Groudon and Mienfoo should no longer appear in the teambuilder.
  • Teambuilder Rule sets: this is related to the filter options discussed above. Suppose there is an other metagame like 350 Cup, where all pokemon with BST above 350 are banned. Rather than forming a very long banlist, PS admins should just be able to specify in the banlist that "BST > 350" is a banned item. Then, in the teambuilder, after 350 cup is selected as a format, only pokemon with BST less than or equal to 350 will be displayed.
  • Typing, ability and stat transformations: Likely an impossible dream, since most of the effects of an OM are applied at time of battle, but here is the ideal outcome: In a certain OM, all pokemon have their secondary type replaced with Fairy and get a +50 increase to their HP. When this format is specified in the teambuilder, then all pokemon legal in that metagame, will be shown in the teambuilder with their typing as X/Water and HP+50. E.g. Sunkern is shown as Grass/Water and and with 80 HP and 230 BST.
Please Pm me if these are unclear

Last edited:

Swaqfeq

I COULD BE BANNED!
not sure if this is the place to post but i'd like to suggest splitting the gen 6 ou ladder (or any other ones for that matter) into gen 6 xy and gen 6 oras ladders. as it is right now, gen 6 is bundled together so trying to play just other xy teams isnt possible unless you challenge ppl individually to gen 6 ubers (as banlist is different to gen 6 oras).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)