DOU SM Doubles Spring Seasonal Round 1

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Contacted. I just want to mention proactively that my opp's status says he "Will be offline until april 12th" so that might throw a wrench in my scheduling efforts with him.
Ok so I'm calling act on Champions Han - tl;dr he essentially forfeited after two games tonight, and scheduling with him in general has been a bit of a nightmare.

• I VM'd him my time slots on Sunday, and gave pretty specific/detailed timeframes on my availability (check his wall, or this screenshot). Granted, I knew he'd be offline until today -- his status did mention that.
  • He PM'd me on PS around 6pm my time, asking to play in an hour, then immediately went offline before I could respond:

• I VM his wall, tell him I need more than an hour's notice for a game, and ask him to pick a time based on the time slots I had given him earlier
  • He just replies with "Im GMT +7, Friday or Saturday will be fine" (again, check his wall/this screenshot)
  • I reply with a specific proposed time to try to get the ball rolling on this: 6pm my time on Friday
  • Soon after I see he's online on PS, and I PM him to try to negotiate a mutually agreeable time (screenshots at the bottom)
  • He replies by challenging me immediately, again with no notice whatsoever! I almost told him "no, schedule a proper time" but fsr caved in and just played him
  • We get through two ggs (we each win and lose once), and then without any notice or consent he says he has to go offline and "we can play Friday"
  • tl;dr I was proactive with my scheduling efforts, ended up being extremely flexible to accomodate my opp, and he still johned after two games

e: here's the two games we played btw, forgot to post them before:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-561019296
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-561023172

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
GenOne, ya ur opponent does seem to be a terrible person to schedule, but given that you still have 4 days to finish ur last game, I would still try to schedule the last match. If somehow the match still doesn't get played, then ur activity post gives u a stronger case for the act win.

GenOne

is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
GenOne, ya ur opponent does seem to be a terrible person to schedule, but given that you still have 4 days to finish ur last game, I would still try to schedule the last match. If somehow the match still doesn't get played, then ur activity post gives u a stronger case for the act win.
I'll defer to dad1's judgement on this. I'm sorry but there's a big difference between having four days to complete a set, versus playing two games based on an on-the-spot challenge then having your opp duck out after his first loss with no reasonable attempt to reschedule. If he didn't have the time to complete a set, he shouldn't have challenged me.

GenOne, Sorry about that. My laptop forced shut down several second after last message, that would mean if i accept your chal i'll lose turn 1. Im in holiday from now until Sunday. I can fit on your requested time. Can we just play the 3rd match?

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Activity checks :oo
Nuxl has not responded to Welli0u's vm, who posted it on Monday, therefore he will be subbed out
Drud despite being on has not answered AuraRayquaza's vm, who posted it on Monday, therefore he will be subbed out
BLINGAS has not responded to Rafooa11's vm which was posted on Monday so he will be subbed out
both Sipher and Californium have not contacted each other. Sipher hasn't been on since the 5th but Californium has been on since this thread was posted (and still haven't contacted). Because there was only one sub left, I flipped a coin to see who would be subbed out so unfortunately Sipher will be subbed out.

New matchups:
Welli0u vs Lolk
AuraRayquaza vs Matt
ZecaroN vs Rafooa11
EternalSnowman vs Californium

GenOne

Ok so I'm calling act on Champions Han - tl;dr he essentially forfeited after two games tonight, and scheduling with him in general has been a bit of a nightmare.

• I VM'd him my time slots on Sunday, and gave pretty specific/detailed timeframes on my availability (check his wall, or this screenshot). Granted, I knew he'd be offline until today -- his status did mention that.
  • He PM'd me on PS around 6pm my time, asking to play in an hour, then immediately went offline before I could respond:

• I VM his wall, tell him I need more than an hour's notice for a game, and ask him to pick a time based on the time slots I had given him earlier
  • He just replies with "Im GMT +7, Friday or Saturday will be fine" (again, check his wall/this screenshot)
  • I reply with a specific proposed time to try to get the ball rolling on this: 6pm my time on Friday
  • Soon after I see he's online on PS, and I PM him to try to negotiate a mutually agreeable time (screenshots at the bottom)
  • He replies by challenging me immediately, again with no notice whatsoever! I almost told him "no, schedule a proper time" but fsr caved in and just played him
  • We get through two ggs (we each win and lose once), and then without any notice or consent he says he has to go offline and "we can play Friday"
  • tl;dr I was proactive with my scheduling efforts, ended up being extremely flexible to accomodate my opp, and he still johned after two games

e: here's the two games we played btw, forgot to post them before:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-561019296
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-561023172
So my opp and I scheduled to play our third match at 6:15 PM GMT-7 tonight, and just over two hours ago he tried to cancel out of it/postpone it, his rationale being "Im just remembered i cant play today."

Do I have a case for act yet?

My scheduling efforts are documented on his wall.

Rural can't play because he doesn't have internet at his new house, he told me to take the activity win :( sorry man

S/o to miltankmilk and finchinator for being helpful messengers

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
So my opp and I scheduled to play our third match at 6:15 PM GMT-7 tonight, and just over two hours ago he tried to cancel out of it/postpone it, his rationale being "Im just remembered i cant play today."

Do I have a case for act yet?

My scheduling efforts are documented on his wall.
I never said your act call was irrational, it's just when you called act, there was still 4 days left til deadline so I prefer you guys play it out rather than give you the act win so early. I still prefer to have you guys play it out even tho he is a nightmare to schedule with unless you had something going on in the weekends that prevents you from doing so (which in that case I would give you the act win).

Champions Han read HOW TO SCHEDULE

also general PSA, if you're gonna drop out after being sent to losers I will have no qualms blacklisting you for the next seasonal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)