Resource Creative and Underrated Sets

I don't think this is the topic for getting feedback on teams you're working on. That said... well, to be blunt, the team needs a lot of work. I don't have much time, so I'll just be quick.

For Rayquaza, if the goal is to take out opposing Ray, why Moonblast over Ice Beam? Also, why Earthquake over Precipice Blades, Thousand Arrows, or Thousand Waves? You also lack any sort of damage boost, so a wall can tank the set fairly well.

For Groudon... why Groudon? You're not using your STAB and I don't immediately detect any type synergy on your team with it. You're also not using your strongest attack stat At the very least, swap to Dialga or something. Also, Speed Boost + Quiver Dance is overkill. Switch to Tail Glow or change abilities.

For Arceus, it is a Normal-type without plate + Multitype. So, you are not Imposter proof. In fact, you are very Imposter-vulnerable because you have Spooky Judgement and they have Normal. So they're immune to yours and they hit you back with STAB.

For Shuckle... well, Shuckle is kinda bad as a wall. It was only decent Gen V with perma-Sand teams. I have no idea why you have both Acupressure and Agility. Scrap Agility for sure and consider a different boosting move. Acupressure is too slow and unreliable and liable to be stolen by Spectral Thief before you get anywhere.

For Lugia... that bird is a wall. Its offensive stats are too low to really use them for much, so consider at least switching to a support set or switching to a Pokemon with better offensive stats. Also consider Psystrike over Psychic. Aeroblast is cool, I like it, but Oblivion Wing may or may not suit your purposes better. I'm also not sure what your set intends to gain out of being an Illusion.

For Shedinja... see above about Agility + Acupressure. You're also quite vulnerable to pivoting moves, as a lot of players U-Turn on Shedinja to check for Illusion. Especially Shedinja leads. Sheddy can bluff Sturdy well, but Magic Bounce generally isn't the ability it wants to use to do it. Scrappy or Magic Guard are the usual best bets.

Honestly though, you're new so I'm not going to be too harsh, but I'm not sure how salvageable the team is without gutting most of it. It happens though, I have about ten or fifteen teams laying around I made that ended up being unworkable.
Oh, hmm. Yeah, I knew it needed a lot of changes but it just kind of worked for me. Maybe it was just my dumb luck (it happens a lot), but thanks for the suggestions and advice, it's really helpful. I might just scrap the entire thing and start over again with your suggestions in mind. Thanks, though.

Here are some of my favorite BH sets (idk if they're creative enough but oh well)

Deoxys-Attack

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Power Trip
- Close Combat

Some Calcs

+2 252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Regigigas: 475-559 (112 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Deoxys-Attack Power Trip (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 544-640 (107.9 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 525-618 (82.5 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete in Psychic Terrain: 787-927 (123.7 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 361-426 (89.3 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 2 layers of Spikes
+2 252 Atk Deoxys-Attack Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 362-426 (99.4 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Set Details

This set is best used on a hazard stack team, with 3 layers of spikes up and stealth rock up, nothing survives (unless unaware, but will still be dealing massive damage). This set also works on psychic terrain boosting stored power to catastrophic levels, and those calcs are only with one shell smash. Queenly majesty is for any priority users, and if you're using psychic terrain sash probably won't necessary. Not really any counters except unaware lol.

Shedinja

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Shadow Sneak
- Quick Attack
- Safeguard

Set Details

Okayy, so, I have never seen this set before, although correct me if I'm wrong. Basically, the idea of this set is to have no hazards up, set safeguard up, and click endeavor and shadow sneak // quick attack. It works wonders for me with magic bounce Lugia lead w/ whirlwind, and as soon as that faints just bring in shedinja and try and win. Counters; moongiest beam // sunsteel strike, bulky ghost types (mainly Giratina and Arceus), faster mons with toxic or will-o-wisp, mold breaker, queenly majesty, psychic terrain and knock off + hail or sandstorm.
Sorry to break it to you but those sets, although quite powerful, are standard and quite popular in the meta, especially Shedinja's set, which has been around for years. Though consider using only one priority attack like Ice Shard, since nothing is immune to Ice, freeing up a moveslot for Baton Pass or whatever else move you want

Here are some of my favorite BH sets (idk if they're creative enough but oh well)

Deoxys-Attack

Ability: Queenly Majesty
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Power Trip
- Close Combat

Some Calcs

+2 252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Regigigas: 475-559 (112 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Deoxys-Attack Power Trip (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 544-640 (107.9 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 525-618 (82.5 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete in Psychic Terrain: 787-927 (123.7 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 361-426 (89.3 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 2 layers of Spikes
+2 252 Atk Deoxys-Attack Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 362-426 (99.4 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Set Details

This set is best used on a hazard stack team, with 3 layers of spikes up and stealth rock up, nothing survives (unless unaware, but will still be dealing massive damage). This set also works on psychic terrain boosting stored power to catastrophic levels, and those calcs are only with one shell smash. Queenly majesty is for any priority users, and if you're using psychic terrain sash probably won't necessary. Not really any counters except unaware lol.

Shedinja

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Shadow Sneak
- Quick Attack
- Safeguard

Set Details

Okayy, so, I have never seen this set before, although correct me if I'm wrong. Basically, the idea of this set is to have no hazards up, set safeguard up, and click endeavor and shadow sneak // quick attack. It works wonders for me with magic bounce Lugia lead w/ whirlwind, and as soon as that faints just bring in shedinja and try and win. Counters; moongiest beam // sunsteel strike, bulky ghost types (mainly Giratina and Arceus), faster mons with toxic or will-o-wisp, mold breaker, queenly majesty, psychic terrain and knock off + hail or sandstorm.
Misty Terrain support > Safeguard. Leech Seed, Spikey Shield, Infestation, Mold breaker kills you. And you can't beat a RegenVest Core.
Deo-A dies to Mold Breaker priority. And any 2 hit move.
And you have to deal with the imposter.
This Deo-A is more imposter proof.
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stored Power
- Power Trip
- Reversal
- Shell Smash
This Deo-A is so frail that everything makes it drop the Focus Sash, then you beat any imposter.

Last edited:
lol is there like a BH forum where someone could rate your team, ive been on a win streak for a while now but i need to get better??
The OM room on Showdown and the OMs Discord server are two places where u can ask others for help on your team, but there isnt a dedicated forum or thread for tutoring yet. Both of which are linked in the index thread thats stickied

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
This might look like super weird set, but I am posting this because it worked couple times:

BH - Yveltal

Yveltal @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Dazzling - recommended
Mild Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Oblivion Wing / Spectral Thief / Anchor Shot / Filler
- Sunsteel Strike
- Leech Seed / Shore Up / Spectral Thief /Anchor Shot / Filler

I will make this a short post. This set's purpose is:

* Mega Diancie lure
* Normalize Mega Gengar check without forcing the team to run Magic Bounce
* If running Anchor Shot, it can be one of the 'mons that can trap Imposter, meaning Imposter will immediately switch out upon scouting Yveltal's set, handing over the momentum.
* Checking Triage Mega Rayquaza who usually run Moongeist Beam as the only coverage, meaning Yveltal will mostly live a hit and steal boost with Spectral Thief.

Diancie Calcs:
252+ Atk Pixilate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Roseli Berry Yveltal: 183-216 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Roseli Berry Yveltal: 256-303 (56.1 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Roseli Berry Yveltal: 309-364 (67.7 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - around 56 percent to survive after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Roseli Berry Yveltal: 384-453 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Diancie-Mega Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Roseli Berry Yveltal: 278-329 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

... while Yvetal can take a hit and OHKO Diancie in return:

252 Atk Yveltal Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Diancie-Mega: 328-388 (107.8 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Yveltal Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Diancie-Mega: 360-428 (118.4 - 140.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Onto Gengar:

252 SpA Gengar-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 150-177 (32.8 - 38.8%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO

^ Probably the best move Gengar can run that is not named Judgment, assuming Normalize set.

252+ SpA Yveltal Revelation Dancer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gengar-Mega: 266-314 (82 - 96.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Dazzling is my personally favorable ability so it can block Fake Out, which will otherwise make Roseli Berry to be a waste.
Run Mild if you want to live Specs Boomburst.
Even if you run Rash nature, you can live up to Pixie Plate Boomburst.
Self-improofable with Leech Seed.

I think this is viable 'gimmick'. What are your opinions?

Last edited:
Hi. This is my first post in smogon, so I may not know some things about posting and feel free to point out some things I could have done better. Ive been playing bh for a while though, and have some experience. Ive been mainly going around stealing other people's sets, but Ive tried this one out and it works pretty well:

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Secret Sword/Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Predicted correctly, this has next to zero switch ins (I cant think of any off the top of my head apart from regenvest Kyogre)

This set doesnt fare that well against offense, and doesnt beat stuff like the mmy, ates, or bulky wallbreakers (Groudon, Kyogre, Regigigas) 1v1, but instead relies on getting safely switched in by pivots to achieve KOs against walls when they switch in. Im not the best at predicting, so better players might have a better time using it.

I know its really prediction reliant, but it almost OHKOs every non-resist with moongeist beam, and you can work your way around that with the three coverage moves. I have ice beam to beat stuff 1v1, with psychic terrain support. Sludge wave takes out Mega Audino, which beats most Mega Gengar sets, and secret sword is obligatory coverage. I use Aura Sphere so that my imposter chansey improofs this set, but another options is kyogre.

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 445-525 (69.9 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 339-399 (83.9 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 507-597 (125.4 - 147.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 322-381 (88.4 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 430-508 (96.8 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar-Mega: 732-864 (181.1 - 213.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 415-489 (91 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 696-822 (169.7 - 200.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And most of these are guranteed OHKOs after rocks

Yeah so please give your feedback on this I will appreciate it. Also try out this set and tell me how well you do with it

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Hi. This is my first post in smogon, so I may not know some things about posting and feel free to point out some things I could have done better. Ive been playing bh for a while though, and have some experience. Ive been mainly going around stealing other people's sets, but Ive tried this one out and it works pretty well:

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Secret Sword/Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Predicted correctly, this has next to zero switch ins (I cant think of any off the top of my head apart from regenvest Kyogre)

This set doesnt fare that well against offense, and doesnt beat stuff like the mmy, ates, or bulky wallbreakers (Groudon, Kyogre, Regigigas) 1v1, but instead relies on getting safely switched in by pivots to achieve KOs against walls when they switch in. Im not the best at predicting, so better players might have a better time using it.

I know its really prediction reliant, but it almost OHKOs every non-resist with moongeist beam, and you can work your way around that with the three coverage moves. I have ice beam to beat stuff 1v1, with psychic terrain support. Sludge wave takes out Mega Audino, which beats most Mega Gengar sets, and secret sword is obligatory coverage. I use Aura Sphere so that my imposter chansey improofs this set, but another options is kyogre.

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 445-525 (69.9 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 339-399 (83.9 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 507-597 (125.4 - 147.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 322-381 (88.4 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 430-508 (96.8 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar-Mega: 732-864 (181.1 - 213.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 415-489 (91 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar-Mega Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 696-822 (169.7 - 200.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And most of these are guranteed OHKOs after rocks

Yeah so please give your feedback on this I will appreciate it.
Cool set! I like Stakeout too, but I won't say Gengar is the best 'mon that forces a switch.

Registeel

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Perish Song
- Spiky Shield
- Shore Up

Summary & Counters

Pretty basic perish song trapper, except this set has soundproof which allows the user to become immune to perish song, registeel is a great mon to use this trapper set on due to the fact that it's great against stall teams just to whittle their members down, one by one, usually not being able to kill registeel in 3 turns with attacks, and it's great defensive typing against stall. A.K.A immune to Toxic U-Turn and Volt Switchers can also pivot out of the trap. Whirlwind can also get rid of registeel to nullify the effect of anchor shot.

Shaymin

Shaymin-Sky @ Expert Belt / Life Orb / Grassium Z / Meadow Plate / Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare / Giga Drain
- Flamethrower / Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Spore
- Quiver Dance / Earth Power / Spore

Summary & Counters

Just a fun set that I made up, the great thing about this set is that no one expects and, it's pretty expandable but since shaymin isn't the most hard hitting mon, faster mons who can hit hard really hinder shaymin's performance in Balance Hackmons. Seed flare in grassy terrain plus meadow plate or life orb hits incredibly hard to anything unresisted but chansey does counter this set enormously unfortunately.

Alakazam-Mega

Alakazam-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

Summary & Counters

Honestly think sheer force is such an underrated ability so I decided to share, this set synergies well with psychic terrain.

Last edited:
I've had this particular set in mind for a while now and it has served me well on the BH ladder thus far:

Lunala @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Psychic

Psychic Surge allows Lunala to avoid being revenge killed by priority attacks after setting up or having its boosts stolen through prankster heart swap or reversed through prankster topsy turvy (prankster haze however is common so be weary of that).

The moves were chosen to be self imposter-proof both before and after any boosts are taken:

If you don't quite get it,Spooky plate makes judgement a ghost type move (4x super effective against opposing Lunala), however when a Chansey or blissey (or whatever you want I guess) activates imposter and transforms into you, their judgment will be a normal type leaving them the options of two moves which you have complete immunity to, or a resisted move. To add icing on the cake, the combination of ghost and fighting provides perfect coverage amongst all typings available in the game. While the coverage is nice, your most powerful move against neutral targets will be psychic terrain boosted psychic, totaling at 135 base power before STAB, a whole 15 points more than spooky plate boosted Judgment. You might wonder at this point, why would you not run psystrike over psychic? Doesn't the base power help break through things like unaware mons?
To that I show you this calc:
+2 252 SpA Lunala Psystrike vs. -1 252 HP / 252 Def Lunala in Psychic Terrain: 327-384 (68.4 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
The amount of chip damage needed for the imposter to ohko you is too small to be taken for granted

You should be aware that after about 40% chip damage, the imposter can kill you at +2 (you being at -1) with psychic as long as the terrain is still up:
+2 252 SpA Lunala Psychic vs. -1 252 HP / 252 SpD Lunala in Psychic Terrain: 260-306 (54.3 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You must also be weary of spectral thief as it can ohko you if the user has enough attack, even before any boosts / stat drops.

Another option is running Quiver Dance over Shell Smash, however setting up takes much longer in order to deal adequate damage, especially in the no EV limit meta. By the time your set up is complete, psychic terrain can wear off. Furthermore, due to the lack of recovery on this set, the slow set up can be taken advantage of by unaware users and bulky spectral thief users.

Thanks for reading, any advice on how to change and improve this set would be lovely. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I'd go with Stored Power over Psychic - after Shell Smash it hits 140 BP. Rest seems pretty solid .

+2 252 SpA Lunala Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus in Psychic Terrain: 496-585 (111.7 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Lunala Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus in Psychic Terrain: 321-378 (72.2 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, it hits much harder. It also lets you bypass Unaware mons.

Last edited:
I'd go with Stored Power over Psychic - after Shell Smash it hits 140 BP. Rest seems pretty solid - it's also Impostor proof.

+2 252 SpA Lunala Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus in Psychic Terrain: 496-585 (111.7 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Lunala Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus in Psychic Terrain: 321-378 (72.2 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You sure about that Imposter Proof part? (T_T)

+2 252 SpA Lunala Stored Power (140 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 252 SpD Lunala in Psychic Terrain: 403-475 (84.3 - 99.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I'd go with Stored Power over Psychic - after Shell Smash it hits 140 BP. Rest seems pretty solid - it's also Impostor proof.

However, Psychic/Psystrike lets Lunala hit with Psychic damage without setting up if needed. And it's not quite Imposter resistant, especially if the Imposter manages to get two Smashes under its belt.

You sure about that Imposter Proof part? (T_T)

+2 252 SpA Lunala Stored Power (140 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 252 SpD Lunala in Psychic Terrain: 403-475 (84.3 - 99.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
You do risk a Speed tie, but

+2 252 SpA Spooky Plate Lunala Judgment vs. -1 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Impostor Chansey: 1236-1456 (175.5 - 206.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Impostor Proof was incorrect, but I wouldn't want to risk it. Also, you have Judgment to hit hard before boosting.

I have a great many 1v1 sets to dump here (as usual), but the primary one is something that I stumbled on when I took a joke of Prof.iHen's way too seriously: Groundium Z Kyurem-Black. Since this set was mentioned in UOP's suspect post in the 1v1 thread, I figure I should reveal it, in all its inconsistent glory, to the world.

Kyurem-Black @ Groundium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 16 HP / 236 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe or 8 HP / 236 Def / 204 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Toxic / Substitute / Rock Tomb / whatever

In case you thought this Pokemon wasn't maddeningly versatile enough already, here's a dumb lure set that beats many of its designated counters:

252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 412-486 (135.9 - 160.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 8 HP / 236 Def Kyurem-Black: 332-392 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross-Mega: 364-430 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(If you run Adamant Mega Metagross, I don't understand you. Impish and Jolly are by far the best options.)
252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Magearna: 350-414 (96.4 - 114%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

The Magnezone matchup is a bit more complicated (vs. Air Balloon), but it's generally a victory. I still haven't faced one. The 60 Speed on the original spread was to outspeed max Speed Timid, but I never encountered that situation. Specs and Electrium Z obviously die. People probably shouldn't use Magnezone as a Kyurem-B counter anyway. Also, Aegislash's matchup is complicated, but it's a pretty high win chance for Kyurem-B, especially early on in laddering when people haven't caught on.

One nice thing is that this doesn't sacrifice all of its functionality for the sake of the meme. It can still knock out Donphan, Golem, and many other things that Icium Z beats, though it loses out on some intermediate targets that are OHKO'd by Subzero Slammer. I am not in the mood to outline them in great detail, but here are some nice replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-560547724 Toxic can be really excellent for stallbreaking.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-560549254 You don't lose the ability to beat Koko
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-553584303 obvious lure

I thought I had more when I started writing this section, but I think the calcs above are pretty self-explanatory. If I get more I'll add them in.

Now, here's a hide tag full of moderately effective stupidity with very brief descriptions.

tort law (Torterra) @ Grassium Z / Groundium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 60 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rock Tomb / Grassy Terrain / Worry Seed

I wanted something that could beat Sturdies, Gyarados-Mega, Tapu Koko, and Steels. While this Pokemon autoloses to much of the remaining metagame, it has actually been moderately effective. The bulk EVs are to beat Donphan's Ice Shards. The Speed is for Magnezone after Rock Tomb. Z-Grassy Terrain could give a nice Defense boost and power up Wood Hammer, while Worry Seed helps in the Mega Mawile matchup, and probably against other things I haven't found yet, for Grassium Z.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-561011626 example Donphan matchup
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-560685183 stallbroken
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-560526941 this was a terrible opponent, but don't sleep on Overgrow
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-560178754 Gyarados beaten easily

Scolipede @ Poisonium Z / Buginium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Megahorn

This Pokemon was weirdly effective in my recent ladder run. Bug is a good type for a stallbreaking Pokemon because it beats Deoxys-D. I found Poisonium Z to be quite effective in defeating Tapus Lele and Koko, and it's still able to outspeed and OHKO Porygon-Z after a Protect.

Aegislash @ Occa Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Head Smash
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

I am unashamed of this blatantly obvious Charizard lure. One of the only viable Fire-weak Pokemon that can actually live a (Timid) Blast Burn with an Occa Berry. Somehow, Head Smash KOs. I have also found this useful against weird stuff like Volcanion, Arcanine and Victini.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-553138178 somehow won in spite of Will-o-Wisp
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-555138944 yeah I don't know either

I will wait to reveal Weakness Policy Milotic (brainchild of the new 1v1 room; if this set is any indication, we are going to innovate the metagame together) and Flyinium Z Skarmory (gotta get Z-Tailwind + Sky Attack for the guaranteed crit) for now.

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
Here's a cool BH Primal Groudon set I came up with; I've seen a couple of people using it on the ladder so I figured I might as well claim it.

Groudon-Primal @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Thousand Arrows
- Sunsteel Strike
- Icicle Crash / Ice Hammer / Bolt Strike

PDon forces a ton of switches and has great natural bulk so it can easily find an opportunity to set up a Belly Drum, and from there it's extremely difficult to stop. +6 Thousand Arrows just OHKOs most of the metagame, including Imposter, which is outsped thanks to Unburden. Even though you have to run only 52 defense EVs to be guaranteed to beat Imposter, PDon still has the bulk to take most priority pretty comfortably. Sunsteel drops most Unaware mons + Shed, and the last move is mostly filler. Icicle Crash hits Giratina and big Zygarde really hard, tho it doesn't OHKO either of them with Fur Coat/Unaware. If you have a way of luring/wearing down those two, then Bolt Strike is a cool alternative to hit Mega Slowbro and Fur Coat Kyogre.

unfortunately i've only got one replay of it sweeping, but it's a good one:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-556356948

here's a replay from my bh open match against rumors, don didnt get to set up but it still put in a lot of work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-561474240

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
i'm mad because i lost in bh open but my birthday is in two days so i guess i should be acting more mature. with that in mind here are some of the sets i've been using recently

FIRE IT UP (Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Docile Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Charge
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up

FIRE IT UP (Zekrom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Naive Nature
- Spore
- Draco Meteor
- Bolt Strike
- Shell Smash

zekrom shares a type with xurkitree and xurkitree is good so i figured i'd give zekrom a try

i'll start with the second zekrom. basically it combines two of the more conspicuous things in the meta, poison heal and shell smash, to create this abomination. the thing about ph on shell smash sets is that thanks to the passive recovery provided by ph, zekrom can set up multiple times every game justifying its use on fatter teams. spore is to make this thing look imposter-proof even though it's actually not, while draco is used so zekrom can ohko fat dragons like giratina/groudon (yes, groudon is a fat dragon) at +2. toxic orb also increases the amount of opportunities zekrom has to set up because it can switch into stuff like triage ray.

on the other hand, the first zekrom is meant to do well against fat teams with answers to the second one. core enforcer/bolt strike 2hkos nearly everything while charge beats stuff like ferro and gives a spdef boost that can come in handy. shore up is really helpful giving zekrom much-needed survivability against stray core enforcers and its life orb. the docile nature is because i felt that zekrom was just barely powerful enough and that its defenses were very important, but at the same time speed tying 252 speed giratina and having a chance to 2hko them before they can heal is cool too. i chose zekrom for this role because it allowed me to imposter-proof both with a volt absorb fairy (in this case audino).

replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-557988864
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-557642245
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-557767184 the best one
and here is its tournament debut

swag chicken (Ho-Oh) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Milk Drink
- Revelation Dance
- Core Enforcer

unaware ho-oh. i'd argue that this is the best contrary check in the game. it eats every hit including strong stuff like mmy psycho boost (which does like 44%) and proceeds to sit there healing and grabbing boosts off spectral thief. the problem is that it can't really beat physical aps due to its tendency to get overwhelmed by power trip but it provides everything you need in an unaware user. just pair it with prankster haze and you beat basically every setup sweeper.

of course ho-oh has a 4x weakness to sr which means that you need really good hazard control. magic coat is recommended because it deflects moves from even mold breakers, and magic bounce is also necessary for switching in on rocks.

i couldn't make a good team with this ho-oh unfortunately (i'm awful at building stall) which means no replays. might give it another shot tho.

a e s t h e t i c (Pheromosa) @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike

RED GYARADOS (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Fur Coat
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Milk Drink
- U-turn

last but not least here's the core i'm probably most proud of. wanted to build around stakeout mosa so i made this set and threw it on a team with an aegislash to imposter-proof. fur coat darkinium mega gyarados was added as a 6th mon to beat assistdons but it didn't really do much. darkinium is a terrible item, z knock off has 120 base power and it does nothing. after i noticed this i was wondering what items i could use instead. gyaradosite gyarados was initially something that seemed really silly until i realized that it actually walled mosa so i didn't need aegi anymore. that's cool because aegi is SO BAD it wants you to think it's bulky but it really isn't. takes a boomburst from diancie and then dies to a coverage move.

basically, mosa comes in on slower mons like mmy and tries to hit something on the switch. draco ohkos fat dragons if they switch in while sunsteel beats up fairies like audino. stakeout u-turn is funny and cc is for mons like regi (all four). try to bluff a choice item if you can so your opponent will want to leave in their registeel after you use draco, the u-turn button might look tempting but stay away from it. also bluffing moves is cool like for example coming in on pdon and getting free momentum when it runs away.

on to gyarados's role. there are two main shortcomings mosa has when it comes to hitting everything: ghosts and fur coat/regenvest. along with imposter-proofing mosa gyarados can hit these threats with knock off (who expects knock off from a non-mega gyarados?) or mega evolve and pursuit trap them making them much easier to beat. it also offers some miscellaneous benefits such as removing shed, dodging psychic moves (and trapping their users), and refreshing your ability in case normalize gengar tries something funny.

for a partner i've found regenvest solgaleo to work really well with these two because it can switch into -ates and triage.

replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-561644111
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-562331208
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-561651006

hope these sets were useful. together we can fight back against the highlighter sample army. see you later.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello I am E4 Flint, here with a "new" set from my :Core Spamming Team: (get it, because it's a spam team at its core, and it spams core). Two of my most favorite things in BH - Megaray and Tinted - finally can combine into a potent attacker.
Overview:
+ bluffs Aerilate and forces switches, negates PH, prank would-be walls etc, nails Giratina and Zygod who think they can stay in and has a simple improof in almost any kind of Audino/bulky fairy
trade being able to 2hko every other mon with inability to handle bulky fairies as well. To compensate, I used it with another standard Aerilate Ray for great mindgames

Checks:
  • Almost any kind of bulky fairy: Dino, Magearna, Xerneas

OO:
  • have thought of replacing Specs with Steel Judgment/mAttack but lose a lot of the :core: power of the set which is to spam specs core
  • Stakeout achieves similar results but imo a) they'd pick up that steel mons wouldnt have to switch and b) it is more difficult to check stake ray
  • Modest but ofc can't outspeed some key mons
Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-561970418 (vs double gigas)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-560567238 (shows the power of core on the switch)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-560943978 (generic high-ladder game)

Unrelated Bonus:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-562050701 (vs some nub)
are core enforcer ruining the the metagame????
Thanks for reading!
Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Moongeist Beam
- Core Enforcer

Last edited:
This is something I made at like 2 am so I'm not sure how good it is in 1v1 but it CT'd the people on ladder at the time so it at least has some worth

(Mismagius/Gengar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Torment
- Thunder / Shadow Ball

The idea is that you wall normals completely. Taunt+Torment is something that I've never seen people use that much. Sub helps with Torment stalling and shields you from status/rock tomb. Thunder beats normals that run 2 offensive moves, shadow ball is more reliable. Imo use thunder because you're not doing anything to non-normals except maybe mega meta who outspeeds and 2hkoes you if you're using Mismagius.

Replays(note: extreme CT)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-566224268
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-566223172
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-566221623

just take my word for it that this thing isn't a dumb gimmick

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
After that Zygarde-C set was deleted, I don't understand what has motivated you to post another bad gimmick.

Normally, I am not this straight-foward, but your set is horrendous. Imposter still beats you 1v1, and if you think switching to Ghost-type is going to solve an issue, you will lose momentum every time Imposter switches into your Regigigas. Your way of so-called-Imposter-proofing is just keeping your team from being swept by your own set, not making appropriate check to your own 'mon while minimizing the loss of momentum and damage your improofing wall takes.

There plenty of other stuff that are better than Multi-Attack that can take on Normalize Gengar. Normal-types are just a struggle for most Gengar, Magic Bounce bounces back Entrainment, and Comatose is just unaffected. Also many people run bait using Revelation Dance which is unaffected as well.

If you are actually playing the metagame before posting, which I highly doubt that you do, you will notice 90+% of forms or Regigigas are Poison Heal variants, which is much better, can check Normalize Gengar after single shift gear boost, does significantly more damage, can afford to run shitload of other coverage moves, and has no reason to switch out against Imposter. Therefore, it is clearly not defense-oriented pokemon to use, judging from its typing that provides next to no resistance and immunities.

252+ Atk Normalize Regigigas Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 84-99 (11.9 - 14%) -- possible 8HKO

This was calculated while granting Chansey 110 Defense stat which is Regigigas'. Stealing boost is simply not going to weaken Imposter, and once you steal the boost, the Imposter will do the same.

Again, if your post has been deleted, take a moment to think about why it was deleted instead of posting another random shit set thinking "I want to help people".

Posting bad sets are worse than not posting at all. Sorry for the tone, have a good day, and please think with logic and experience.

Last edited:
if you need to have a dedicated hazards lead to have hazards up, you are setting up hazards wrong. if your improofing is beaten by your opponent seeing a previous ladder match, or seeing you use spectral on their normal-types, or seeing you use leech life and it having the wrong effectiveness, or them having hazards removal, you are improofing wrong. plain and simple.

Is this set supposed to be run offensively or defensively? Looks like it has no way to ensure surviving a hit from any setup sweeper in general.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Yo, here to post some more hot AAA sets :)

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gunk Shot
- Blaze Kick
- Iron Head
Okay, this set here is pretty fucking awesome. Due to it's decent coverage and surprising power after a shift gear it easily ends up cleaning though offensive teams.
It basically utilizes gene's ability to bluff so many sets and capitalises on the switch-ins it forces. As far as the coverage goes, iron head is the STAB move and is deceptively powerful like scoring the 1hko on landorus at +1. Blaze Kick gives much necessary coverage for steels, tho you'll have to deal with flash fire versions differently. And finally Gunk Shot is boosted by sheer force and provides decent coverage and still is pretty powerful due to it's high base power, as for eg. it has a chance to 1hko victini after rocks at +1. Though it sucks to be nature locked, but if your team needs a good cleaner, give it a try!

Here's a replay show-casing genesect :: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-561806795 - For the sweep it only needed golisopod and zapdos weakened, even though I kind of played bad, you can see it is pretty decently powerful.

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
Pangoro imo is a pretty underrated triage mon, as it is pretty powerful to say the least and isn't cock-blocked by doublade unlike other triage mons like chesnaught or breloom. Other than being a triage sweeper, pangoro has a pretty sick role of luring tapu fini and easily 1hkoing it by gunk shot at +2. So this set is worth giving a try if you badly need to lure tapu fini for your other sweeper + you get a handy sweeper all in one slot :).

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
Number and variety of Zygarde sets never ceases to amaze me. Since I personally am mostly an offense user, I fucking love offensive zygarde sets, since this mon doesn't have switch-ins. Like skarmory obviously doesn't switch in, fini gets 2hkoed by adapt life orb arrows after rocks. So that basically brings us to another common physical wall that is buzzwole. For that we have the "move" of the set, that is draco meteor which does an average of 77% on physical defensive versions, thus being able to successfully lure it, allowing you to go wild with your mamoswine/terrakion/weavile or whatever.

The problem with a dedicated hazard lead is Defog is on almost every team, sometimes more than once. Rapid Spin isn't uncommon either. You need to be able to reliably set up hazards multiple times a match in order to get enough mileage out of them. Pre-510 you could drop rocks and then just apply offensive pressure to keep them from Defogging, but that's muuuuuch harder with increased bulk.

Plus, always leading with Stealth Rock means you're gonna get your face punched in by a set-up lead sooner or later.

You're not going to have Deo in to Taunt them every time they try to Defog. The only reliable way you can keep hazards from being removed ever is by running a team full of Ghosts with Sub and ability removal. And even then, that's not perfectly reliable because, on occasion, someone will run Magic Coat. Also, you need four turns for Rocks + Spikes and I'm confident no opponent worth their salt is going to sit there and patiently wait for you to set them before trying to do anything.

There's nothing wrong with a Moldy Deo-S, other than everyone pretty much expects it to do its usual Hazard/Taunt/Sleep shenannigans. But when I run into one as a lead, I often use it as bait to set-up different aspects of my team, such as getting my Toxic Orbs activated on my Poison Healers. You're better off gauging for the best time to use it rather than just tossing it out as your lead every time.

Edit: Also, for some reason I thought I was in the regular BH topic. My mistake!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)