Top Down Knock Down DPP Edition - Round 1

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My opponent and I arranged to play on Saturday without realising that the deadline's Friday. Would we be able to get a slight extension for this? If not, I'd like to claim activity since my opponent missed our scheduled time earlier this week.

I can play my match aganist ban ponyta
My opponent got subbed in last minute, and instanly contacted me on smogon giving me his timezone. I responded and gave the times I was available this week. He never responded despite having been online. activity. You can see our conversation on my wall.

edit: I'm fine with playing this today till like 7 pm, if Hoppy responds...

Last edited:

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
so many byes and few subs malekith! could have deffo subbed some more men in here with so many of the users active

My opponent and I arranged to play on Saturday without realising that the deadline's Friday. Would we be able to get a slight extension for this? If not, I'd like to claim activity since my opponent missed our scheduled time earlier this week.
No. You wanted to schedule for a Wednesday, which was fine by me. If anything look at my profile and it is evident that I was the one actively responding to the challenge, and my challenger didn't keep up with the reply in a timely fashion. If the mods are able to give us an extension, great. However, to claim a win by blaming me is a low move, not to mention if I had not review this thread my opponent would've taken an easy win without even consulting with me first...

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No. You wanted to schedule for a Wednesday, which was fine by me. If anything look at my profile and it is evident that I was the one actively responding to the challenge, and my challenger didn't keep up with the reply in a timely fashion. If the mods are able to give us an extension, great. However, to claim a win by blaming me is a low move, not to mention if I had not review this thread my opponent would've taken an easy win without even consulting with me first...
Messaging me at random times asking where I am does not constitute as actively responding. Yes, we had scheduled for Wednesday at 8pm GMT +12. You told me you'd confirm this on Tuesday. You never did, so I asked you on Wednesday whether we were still playing. You didn't respond and the scheduled time passed. Then on Thursday, a full day after we were supposed to play, you finally replied. I assumed you didn't understand my timezone, which is why I linked you the timezone converter and agreed to re-schedule.

It's not a low move at all. If we don't get an extension, I don't want to lose to a coinflip because you never turned up to play at the time we agreed to.

I don't want to clutter this thread, as we can both take this via private message, but I just want you to know that I was available at 8pm GMT + 12 today and you were not on.

Last edited:

NightFox

Banned deucer.
Me and my opponent we're supoused to play yesterday (Friday) but i had a lot of conecction problems and couldn't make it. Requesting an extension.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Activity Wins:

Mindnight vs PDC
blazenix vs Tirander
Reymedy vs Marcelinho Rodrigues
Shuckleking87 vs Foggi

Coin-flips:

Shadow_Sneak vs double switches
HQuaze
vs LBLOL7
e7e vs ilesaural
RecklessLemon
vs Alloy
Draeus vs Superhaven
MiyoKa
vs Shogarth
rural vs Pohjis
Mounts vs Elise
Empo vs Kamui Master
BoomLooky vs Conquer Phoenix

Extensions:

Mysterious M vs idiotfrommars
Will-I-am vs Googly
MamoJustWins vs NightFox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)