Monotype A Fairy standard Mono

Team Preview :

Introduction

Hello GingerNinja here, I thought I would share one of my recent Fairy lineups I have been playing with on the ladder and in league matches.

This was a fun but standard team I enjoyed playtesting and battling with over the months, I decided upon the final edits to my squad recently and began testing and experimenting to find the best balance. The team itself has changed only a little over the design process while Tapu Koko's sets have changed drastically since the beginning.

I'm not really sure how to improve this squad, still tossing up a few ideas in my mind. I have found my Unaware Clefable to be a saving grace in many games while I'm not sold on the best overal Tapu Koko set for the team. Still debating on whether I should go back to Choice Specs Koko.

Open to any suggestions advice on how to improve the lineup.

Tapu Bulu sports an excellent Attack stat which makes it a great physical wallbreaker on any given Fairy team.

Its Grass typing allows it to take on Ground, Rock, and Water teams and relieve some of the pressure off Azumarill and Tapu Koko.

Tapu Bulu's unique ability, Grassy Surge, provides immense support for Fairy teams, acting as a pseudo-Leftovers, reducing damage dealt by Earthquake, and increasing the power of Tapu Bulu's Grass-type attacks, which causes them to hit for a lot of damage. Because fairy type pokemon in general suffer from a Ground weakness, the support from Tapu Bulu is invaluable.

Klefki's Prankster ability and access to Light Screen, Reflect and Spikes make it very effective as a support and utility Pokemon. Dual screens are very important, as Fairy is a setup-oriented type which Azu appreciates all the more. Klefki's Steel / Fairy typing gives it an immunity to Poison, a neutrality to Steel, and many resistances allowing it to switch in to strong wallbreakers making it a must for any occasion.

The combination of Clefable's decent bulk, a good defensive typing in Fairy that leaves it only weak to Steel and Poison, its abilities, and its movepool makes it incredibly versatile and able to fulfill a lot of different roles on the team.

Clefable is great at compressing many roles due to its vast movepool and good bulk backed by two great abilities. Its primary roles on the team can be to check Scizor, get entry hazards up, and be a wincon in a lot of match-ups by paralysing threats which becomes easier thanks to Unaware. Unaware seemed like the best thing to use in Z set up dominated metagame.

Magearna's ability to be both an offensive threat and a defensive tank makes it easily fit onto almost every Fairy team. Because of Magearna's very nature of varity of being able to viably run three very different sets, Magearna's unpredictability makes it difficult to reliably check giving the early game ability to bluff specific sets.

Like Klefki before it, Its Steel / Fairy defensive typing is amazing, being immune to Poison and also taking neutral damage from Steel-type attacks, and supports its already impressive bulk which is further backed by the support of Tapu Bulu's Grassy Terrain.

Azumarill is one of the few physically attacking Fairy-types along with Bulu, and it's a great one thanks to Huge Power. It can be a very threatening sweeper thanks to its access to Belly Drum and a priority move in Aqua Jet. Its typing gives it resistances to Fire, Water, and Ice and a neutrality to Steel while being an all important wincon for the team inside and outside of Klefki's screen support.

Tapu Koko was our last choice and is really fairly self explanitory being that it is the fastest Fairy-type making it one of Fairy's best tools against offence and defence alike whilst also being able to force switches and pivot effectively through the judicious use of Thunderbolt and U-turn alike.

Its ability Electric Surge boosts the damage of its Electric-type attacks, making Tapu Koko more threatening as a pokemon while also having the defensive utility of protecting all grounded pokemon from sleep which includes, Klefki, Clefable, Magearna, Azumarill and Tapu Koko itself, lastly Electric Terrain will boost the offensive power of Magearna's Volt Switch which it appreciates greatly.

Team Description

カプ・ブルル (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Maximum Attack investment with an Adamant nature maximizes Tapu Bulu's damage output, while Choice Band makes Tapu Bulu a bigger threat by granting it more wallbreaking power.

Wood Hammer is Tapu Bulu's strongest STAB attack, dealing massive damage to Pokemon that doesn't resist it at the cost of significant recoil damage.

Horn Leech provides Tapu Bulu with a reliable means of recovery while still hitting hard under Grassy Terrain.

Superpower hits Steel-types such as Heatran and Ferrothorn, which would otherwise completely wall Tapu Bulu.

Zen Headbutt is used let Tapu Bulu hit Poison-types such as Mega Venusaur dealing major damage who would otherwise wall of Tapu Bulu's Attacks.

252 Speed EVs make Tapu Bulu as fast as possible, outpacing and giving Bulu the ability to smack and outspeed neutral-natured Seismitoad, Adament Bisharp, Modest Volcanion and anything slower than 249 speed.

クレッフィ (Klefki) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes

- Foul Play

Reflect and Light Screen boost both defences of the entire team, which they can take advantage of by setting up or doing some serious damage to the opposing team while taking a hit they otherwise wouldn't be able to, which Azumarill appreciates for the free and reliable set up.

Spikes quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon which stacks with Clefable's Stealth Rock and Klefki finds many opportunities to set them up due to its great defensive typing.

Lastly Foul Play punishes physical setup sweepers such as Mega Scizor and prevents Klefki from being setup fodder.

Light Clay increases the duration of Reflect and Light Screen. Prankster gives Klefki's utility moves +1 priority, making them much more effective, the Hp EV's ensure residual and hazard damage taken is to a minimum, while the speed EV's give Klefki a speed stat of 190 ensuring you'll outspeed the rare bulky 12 ev speed or slower Mega Scizor variants letting you out priority it.

ピクシー (Clefable) (F) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Clefable has an excellent defensive typing with good mixed bulk, which lets it check threats thanks to Unaware and Thunder Wave + being Fairy types most reliable Stealth Rocker.

Stealth Rock applies a lot of pressure in certain match-ups such as against Flying, Bug, Fire, and Ice. Fire Blast lets Clefable hit Steel-types, which otherwise wall it. It's especially useful for Mega Scizor, which otherwise can set up for free against Clefable. Unlike Flamethrower, which requires it to switch in on Stealth Rock first, Fire Blast gets the OHKO on Mega Scizor at full HP. Having Unaware + Fireblast ensured Mega Scizor, Scizor and Swords Dance Excadrill would never be an issue outside of screens.

Thunder Wave + Unaware can be used on any Pokemon whether it's faster than Clefable or not because the full paralysis chance is always nice, and it helps in beating Pokemon such as +1 Gyarados and + 1 Charizard X, which would otherwise beat Clefable one-on-one it also allows Clefable to always get emergency Stealth Rock's active or get in one good attack potentially finishing it off thanks to its great bulk.

Lastly I opted to have Icebeam over Moonblast to hit Landorus / Landorus T, Garchomp, Gliscor, Nidoking and various Ground and Flying threats harder which further complemented fantastic synergy with Unaware considering Clefable quite often invites them to switch in. Ice Beam alone to deal with Landorus I which was fairly important to the team because of how problamatic it can be to switch into.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 72+ SpD Clefable: 296-351 (75.1 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Specific Damage Calculations :

Damage Calculations Unaware :

Z Set up Moves + Other threats

252 Atk Terrakion Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 306-361 (77.6 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 267-315 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 292-345 (74.1 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 325-384 (82.4 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 357-420 (90.6 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Manaphy Hydro Vortex (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable in Rain: 325-384 (82.4 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Unaware Clefable: 187-222 (47.4 - 56.3%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Mew Genesis Supernova vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Sandslash-Alola Subzero Slammer (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 250-295 (63.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Babiri Berry Calculations :

252 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Babiri Berry Unaware Clefable: 118-141 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- 35.1% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Babiri Berry Clefable: 118-141 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- 35.1% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Babiri Berry Clefable: 118-141 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- 35.1% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 127-150 (32.2 - 38%) -- 96.7% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 142-168 (36 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 136-162 (34.5 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Sandslash-Alola Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 187-222 (47.4 - 56.3%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO

Other Calculations :

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 339-400 (86 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 284-336 (72 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Nihilego Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 278-330 (70.5 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 359-424 (91.1 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable in Electric Terrain: 241-285 (61.1 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 72+ SpD Clefable: 296-351 (75.1 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Under Screens :

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable through Light Screen: 179-212 (45.4 - 53.8%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO

マギアナ (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

- Focus Blast

Fleur Cannon is Magearna's strongest move, dealing great damage to anything that doesn't resist it, but it drops Magearna's Special Attack, which can leave Magearna vulnerable so the usage of the move is best planned well.

Volt Switch is used for momentum, as Magearna can pivot into special attacks and then Volt Switch to bring in a teammate with its low Speed as well as taking advantage of Tapu Koko's Electric Terrrain.

Flash Cannon is a more reliable STAB attack that hits Fairy, Ice and Rock-types such as Clefable, Avalugg and Rhyperior especially hard. After a Soul-Heart boost, it can even easily threaten Mega Venusaur for a 2HKO.

Focus Blast is taken over Aura Sphere for more immediate power most importantly hitting threatening Steel-types such as Heatran, Ferrothorn and Excadrill much harder getting a 75% chance to OHKO Heatran after Stealth Rock, doing 62.5 - 73.8%) to Ferrothorn -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery and netting an important guaranteed OHKO vs Excadrill which Aura Sphere doesn't provide.

252+ SpA Magearna Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 272-322 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Magearna Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 408-482 (112.7 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Magearna Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 220-260 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

* At + 1 Ferrothorn cannot switch into Focus Blast reliably with Stealth Rock Active.
+1 252+ SpA Magearna Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 328-388 (93.1 - 110.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The EV spread combined with Assault Vest and Modest give Magearna great bulk, while also being able to survive Choice Scarf Excadrill's Earthquake, while also maximizing its damage thanks to being Modest and letting it still outspeed uninvested Skarmory and Mantine by 1 point.

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 200 HP / 12 Def Magearna: 296-350 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

マリルリ (Azumarill) (F) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

- Knock Off

Belly Drum maximizes Azumarill's Attack at the cost of half its HP, which turns it into an immediate offensive threat. Aqua Jet is Azumarill's Water-type STAB move, as it hits insanely hard after a boost and has priority, which is often enough to sweep teams by itself. Should that not be sufficient, Play Rough is Azumarill's Fairy-type STAB move that hits slower Pokemon much harder, netting KOs Aqua Jet fails to achieve. The last slot is reserved for Knock Off, which hits everything that Play Rough and Aqua Jet can't.

The given EV spread allows Azumarill to outspeed uninvested base 70 Speed Pokemon and below, which includes Skarmory, Tyranitar, and Clefable. Maximum Attack investment and an Adamant nature are used to give Azumarill as much power as possible. The remaining EVs go into HP to give Azumarill a little bulk, lastly the HP number is odd to ensure that when Z Belly Drum is activated it will have 51% Hp remaining compared to 50% while just outspeeding the common 164 speed Azu in the mirror matchup.

カプ・コケコ (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Maximum Speed enables Tapu Koko to at least Speed tie with other Tapu Koko, Crobat and Aerodactyl, all the while outspeeding Choice Scarf Magneton as well as the vast majority of the unboosted speed tier.

Magnet was the item of choice because it powers up Tapu Koko's main STAB attack without causing lifeorb recoil or the locking of moves with Specs and has good synergy with U-turn and my other coverage letting me deal with problematic pokemon predicting the common choice set which greatly aids vs the Flying matchup in dealing with incoming Thunderus / Landorus

U-turn was chosen over Volt Switch to give Tapu Koko a reliable pivoting option, doing very respectable damage and giving Koko the luxury of pivoting out of Electric-immune Pokemon such as Marowak Alola, Ground type pokemon and various Volt Absorb preventing Koko's momentum from being slowed always allowing me to bring in all important pokemon in.

Importable

Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Threats

With Sand Rush CB / Swords Dance Orb on ground monotype + the Choice Scarf set in Mono Steel this thing can be deadly. It can pressure and OHKO alot of my team if not careful especially since it cannot be thunder waved for speed control. Preserving Clefable and Bulu and or having screens up pressures this pokemon in the matchup while Scarf Sets can be checked by Magearna.

This pokemon can give you big trouble. The combination of Sludge Wave + Earth Power destroys my defensive core. As Landorus, cannot be thunder waved for speed control. Both Clefable and Magearna can deal with it while their HP remains, while Azumarill can revenge kill it when in range as a last resort.

Bulky poison/grass types such as Venusaur and Amoongus potentially hit everything on my team for super effective damage. Getting it in range for Tapu Bulu is key while wearing it down with hazards is the only way.

twinkay

tu solo me quieres en tu imaginacion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nice Fairy team, seems pretty good already but just a couple of changes I would suggest -

Ice Beam Clefable is definitely not optimal as you fail to OHKO / guarantee OHKO most of the targets you listed
0 SpA Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Landorus-Therian: 292-344 (76.4 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Clefable Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-Therian: 296-352 (92.7 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Clefable Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 284-336 (79.5 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Nidoking: 158-186 (52.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Ice Beam vs. 212 HP / 212+ SpD Gliscor: 224-268 (65.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

And note that all of these Pokemon will attack first meaning you're going to lose a chunk of health before dealing damage as well

Landorus is a fair target as it does pressure your team but you have Azu, Mag, and Koko to check it. What I would recommend is using Togekiss over Clefable. Babiri Togekiss does effectiviely the same job as Clefable but it has Aura Sphere to hit Heatran which is extremely threatening to your team. Although you miss out on Stealth Rock you greatly benefit from the added ability to pressure Excadrill and Mega Venusaur and switch into Ground attacks. If you decide to keep Clefable, however, I would recommend Moonblast > Ice Beam and Moonlight > Thunder Wave. Recovery is great for Clefable because it has little longevity (no Lefties or Magic Guard to absorb status).

Other than that, I have some minor tweaks / nitpicks
  • I don't think that a complicated EV spread is needed for Azumarill; your current spread misses out on base 70s-80s which include bulky Mega Scizor, Skarmory, Mantine, Heatran, uninvested Mandibuzz and Mega Venusaur, uninvested Necrozma and Buzzwole, etc. You should run 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe to outspeed these threats.
  • On Tapu Koko, U-turn is only really run over Dazzling Gleam, so I think Volt Switch > U-turn greatly benefits your team. It allows you to act as a much stronger pivot, being able to chip things for Azumarill to sweep. You should definitely have Volt Switch somewhere on that set though, U-turn or no U-turn. If you're scared of losing momentum to Electric immunities than you can run U-turn over Dazzling Gleam.
I don't have any suggestions other than that. Hope you like these changes and sorry for being late!

Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Foul Play

トゲキッス (Togekiss) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 32 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:
Very Good Team, I especially like the Physical Azumarill. I think you should replace Clefable's Fire Blast with something more reliable like Flamethrower or Moonblast though.

Cheers for the advice guys :)

I am going to go back to running max speed Azu, that change is a fairly fair one that I can agree to. Cheers for all the input

Great Fairy team, I'm a Fairy main myself, but yeah, don't use Ice Beam on Clefable as you won't KO the guys you listed. Replace Ice Beam with Moonblast as it is STAB. Also try considering on Magearna the Trick Room or Fairium-Z sets. For the Azu, I recommend running Max HP or at least close to max since you can live a number of Grass and Electric moves doing so and that will allow you to set up. Klefki is great but consider Thunder wave over spikes for speed control. Everything else looks great tho!

Hey, cool team. I like the look of the team overall but I have a few suggestions regarding the sets you chose:
  • Clefable: that set is just not going to work. It seems like a cool idea on paper, checking so many major threats but.. why do you not have recovery? Clefable without recovery, especially one without Magic Guard too, is going to get worn down extremely quickly. The fact that it lives and deals a large amount of damage to Landorus is impressive but after coming in a couple times on Stealth Rock, its getting KOed anyway. You also lack Moonblast, which is essential. You say Thunder Wave lets you 1v1 threats like Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard X but you have nothing to actually hit them with. With all that being said, I suggest running an alternate set with Moonblast, Soft-Boiled, Fire Blast, and Stealth Rock along with Magic Guard making a) setting up Stealth Rock much easier, b) taking on bigger threats like Mega Scizor and Bisharp better, and c) allowing it to actually have reliable recovery throughout the match, providing the team a wall to fall back on.
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Calm Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - Soft-Boiled
  • Tapu Koko: this isn't as major as the previous change but running Volt Switch over Dazzling Gleam will help you a lot more. Volt Switch + U-Turn is one of the main factors that make Tapu Koko the amazing pivot that it is. This gives it a much stronger move that gets boosted by Magnet and Electric Terrain to pivot out into its teammates while actually dealing large amounts of damage to the foe. Dazzling Gleam is not only a rather weak STAB move but doesn't provide much coverage anyway, especially considering you have Fairy-type STAB on 3 Pokemon already.
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - U-turn
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
These are just my 2 cents, its up to you whether you want to implement them or not. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey, cool team. I like the look of the team overall but I have a few suggestions regarding the sets you chose:
  • Clefable: that set is just not going to work. It seems like a cool idea on paper, checking so many major threats but.. why do you not have recovery? Clefable without recovery, especially one without Magic Guard too, is going to get worn down extremely quickly. The fact that it lives and deals a large amount of damage to Landorus is impressive but after coming in a couple times on Stealth Rock, its getting KOed anyway. You also lack Moonblast, which is essential. You say Thunder Wave lets you 1v1 threats like Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard X but you have nothing to actually hit them with. With all that being said, I suggest running an alternate set with Moonblast, Soft-Boiled, Fire Blast, and Stealth Rock along with Magic Guard making a) setting up Stealth Rock much easier, b) taking on bigger threats like Mega Scizor and Bisharp better, and c) allowing it to actually have reliable recovery throughout the match, providing the team a wall to fall back on.
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Calm Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - Soft-Boiled
  • Tapu Koko: this isn't as major as the previous change but running Volt Switch over Dazzling Gleam will help you a lot more. Volt Switch + U-Turn is one of the main factors that make Tapu Koko the amazing pivot that it is. This gives it a much stronger move that gets boosted by Magnet and Electric Terrain to pivot out into its teammates while actually dealing large amounts of damage to the foe. Dazzling Gleam is not only a rather weak STAB move but doesn't provide much coverage anyway, especially considering you have Fairy-type STAB on 3 Pokemon already.
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - U-turn
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
These are just my 2 cents, its up to you whether you want to implement them or not. Good luck!

Thanks so much Terrors, Ill play with these changes and edits, I appreciate the time you took to read my RMT. I've seen you around before, you are a really chill player :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)