Tournament The Balanced Hackmons Open [Round 3]

Welcome to the Balanced Hackmons Open!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Balanced Hackmons ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays must be posted alongside the result.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Round 3

Deadline is 7 days from this post, April 30th. Remember to post replays or your match will be coin-flipped.

zugubu royale vs Duckymomo Senior
Arifeen vs slurmz
Matame vs Transcendent God Champion
TheBurgerKing99 vs PinkDragonTamer
highlighter vs Zephyr Dragon Lord
RNGIsCancer vs byronthewellwell
Megazard vs jasprose
MiyoKa vs Funbot28

Thank you to h_n_g_m_n for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

Contacted, for what it's worth.
E: highlighter might be giving me the win, but I'll see if something can't get worked out here

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
zugubu royale vs Duckymomo Senior - This Duckymomo guy is good. I don't know much about you, zugubu, but do not underestimate your opponent!
Arifeen vs [ Winner of: ih8ih8sn0w vs slurmz ] - no hl samples please
Matame vs Transcendent God Champion - reminds me of the time I faced Lance in Soul Silver and Heart Gold. That is all. Looks like a fun battle!
TheBurgerKing99 vs PinkDragonTamer - PDT loses to scarf Driftlim PDT's teams are very unique, TheBurgerKing is also creative teambuilder judging from his replays.
highlighter vs Zephyr Dragon Lord - GL
RNGIsCancer vs byronthewellwell - bring that team from SL42's RMT with Magic Bounce Driftlim for your victory!
Megazard vs [ Winner of: Marcelinho Rodrigues vs jasprose ] - hopefully jasprose will have his opponent get things done on time. Also whomever wins, good luck against Megazard!
MiyoKa vs Funbot28 - If I remember right, you two had similar archetypes of teams... anyways this looks fun as well.

GLHF

P.S. - I left a profile message on byronthewellwell's profile asking his best time to face me, awaiting response.

Last edited:
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

zugubu royale vs Duckymomo Senior - if you need justification for this pick you clearly didn't watch zugubu's games from the last round
Arifeen vs [ Winner of: ih8ih8sn0w vs slurmz ] - research a way to actually contact opponents before the last day of the window
Matame vs Transcendent God Champion - I had several different memes for this spot, listed below:
1) Burning Red White lance's chances of winning
2) ignorance at its finest
3) Mátámé has a greater percentage of accent-mark-eligible vowels
TheBurgerKing99 vs PinkDragonTamer - highlight match between a resurgent player (the guy who promoted me to room voice of OMs...) and the pdteams
highlighter vs Zephyr Dragon Lord - just bring yveltal counters, easy.
RNGIsCancer vs byronthewellwell - throw him down thewellwell
Megazard vs [ Winner of: Marcelinho Rodrigues vs jasprose ] - anyone who beats laxuy himself is a god
MiyoKa vs Funbot28 - sorry to my newest follower but the improbable runbot28 must continue

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RNGIsCancer vs byronthewellwell - GLHF

ill edit w/ actual predicts later

edit:
zugubu royale vs Duckymomo Senior - "I'm better than you"
Arifeen vs [ Winner of: ih8ih8sn0w vs slurmz ] - ih8ih8 2-0
Matame vs Transcendent God Champion - idk what to say here, lance has actual experience but he's awfully easy to ct and sticks to the same stuff he uses rather than exploring different things
TheBurgerKing99 vs PinkDragonTamer - two badass names, gonna give pinky the edge here
highlighter vs Zephyr Dragon Lord - implying i'd pick against the winner of the open
RNGIsCancer vs byronthewellwell - annoying af sometimes but ngl they're actually dece at bh
Megazard vs [ Winner of: Marcelinho Rodrigues vs jasprose ] - underrated player, have more faith in yourself
MiyoKa vs Funbot28 - highlight match

Last edited:
hey, can I like, call for activity since i contacted my opponent last friday but never heard back from them? It would probably be better to just move on to this round so that it doesn't end up getting delayed
Considering he didn't do anything the previous round, and judging his involvement in other tours from his profile, that is a good idea.

Who didn't show up at the scheduled time?
Technically, neither of us did. I gave them about a 7 hour block of time that I should have been free, they never gave me a specific time in which they would show up. I had to step out of the house for a bit, and they showed up during that time.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Yeah this is kinda wack, I didn't get any message for rescheduling? I'd like to note that I showed up in the "scheduled time" window and I've been active throughout the week. I'd like to get this done and I'm sure me and feen could get this done in one day if i win this set vs u, so it shouldn't too much of an issue as long as you tell me a time that works for you and are on during that time...

Technically, neither of us did. I gave them about a 7 hour block of time that I should have been free, they never gave me a specific time in which they would show up. I had to step out of the house for a bit, and they showed up during that time.
Yeah this is kinda wack, I didn't get any message for rescheduling? I'd like to note that I showed up in the "scheduled time" window and I've been active throughout the week. I'd like to get this done and I'm sure me and feen could get this done in one day if i win this set vs u, so it shouldn't too much of an issue as long as you tell me a time that works for you and are on during that time...
s-so?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)