SM OU Teambuilding Competition Round 12: Alakazam (Building Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright im ending the building phase. Heres this rounds teams:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-boiled
- Stealth Rock

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 200 HP / 204 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

So this is the Medicham team I've been using for a while since the drop; originally I was going to post a Medicham + Sticky Web team but it's more or less njnp's team with Medicham in place of Mega Pinsir. As for this team, it's one I like a lot since it consists of a lot of elements that make the matchup against stall a lot less grievous along with a solid matchup against the other playstles. The focal point of this team was the ever growing popular Medicham + Tapu Koko core that has been hyped to high heavens for its ability to break stall, yet in practice (as enlightened by another forum user) stall still has solid counterplay to the strategy. However, to help combat stall's strategies I decided to go with Stallbreaker Tapu Koko instead of one of its other sets. It's a real help against the uphill battle against stall as they always have a backup plan due to the nature of how it works. It was already decided that I will fit Spikes onto the build so Ferrothorn came naturally as an excellent Spiker in the metagame as well as great defensive pivot in general for a myriad of threats such as Mega Metagross, Tapu Koko, and Ash Greninja. From there, I wanted to implement a Stealth Rock setter capable of setting rocks against stall, so Clefable seemed to be a great fit since it is one of the few. I went with a mixed defense spread to maintain effectiveness against certain specially offensive threats as well as function as a decent-at-best switch-in to opposing Mega Medicham. Flamethrower is a good move to prevent Ferrothorn from setting up Spikes in Clefable's face as well as pressure Skarmory to spam Roost instead of trying to Defog considering most are running Shed Shell these days in tandem with a physically defensive spread, so it suffices in breaking past it. I wanted a defined sweeper that immensely appreciated Spikes support while also giving me a buffer against threats such as Mega Mawile. Marowak, Volcarona, and Charizard Y, so DD Zygarde was added for its stellar sweeping and cleaning capabilities. Substitute is good here so it can setup against certain threats such as Ferrothorn and non-SD Mega Scizor with ease if required. Coil is definitely good as well, but considering how reliant this team is on speed and with only a Scarfer as external speed control, Dragon Dance had been the most useful. Finally, Scarf Latios was added as a necessary component to revenge kill threats like Volcarona, Zygarde, Mega Medicham, Mega Charizard X, Ash Greninja, etc. Fairies can possibly get out of hand, but playing smart and accordingly handles them just fine.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 20 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Paired Medicham with Tapu Koko and Ash-Greninja figuring that break each others checks or weaken counters for them to do work. Went with fake out boltbeam medicham to take advantage of koko's terrain and just to chip stuff to put in range of medi's attacks or just revenge a low hp threat. Magnet Koko to maximize tbolt's power without the life orb recoil and taunt to help with webs (playing 50/50's with magic coat). Specs Ash-greninja just to break common physical walls for medicham and and provide strong priority to pick off some things if needed. Standard rocky helmet lando-t with a bit more speed to outspeed those speed creeping fini and other bulky lando's. Scarf Chomp to help with volcarona and zard-y and a nice revenge killer. DD zygarde was added last as it has the best spamming move in the game and through on dragonium-z to to whipe out lando's and tangs, could also use groundium-z as well. A bit weak to stall but you can always outplay :]

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 24 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The idea of the team is really simple, bring in Mega Medicham to just kick things to death safely with Volt Switch and U-turn. To help break annoying Ghost's for Mega Medicham I decided to pack Ash-Greninja to just body any ghost type with specs dark pulse. Greninja also helps pivot into attacks by clicking U-turn on slower wallbreakers into one of the teams walls being Landorus-T, Rotom-Wash or AssVest Magearna. Scarf Tapu Lele seemed like a good cleaner for the team as it would increase the power of Mega Medicham's Zen Headbutt. You ask, why on earth would someone put Psychic Terrain and then two priority moves on the same team, to you I say you do control when terrain goes up, don't play bad and you should be fine. Rotom-Wash and Magearna together make switching into threats such as Greninja and other Tapu Lele's so much easier. Water Shuriken allows Greninja to clean through heavily chipped teams really easily late game due to the insane power of specs, hitting 3 times in Ash Greninja form and an insane base 153 Special Attack stat. The team can struggle against pokemon such as Zygarde and Scarf Garchomp which is where techs like Hidden Power [Ice] Landorus come in. Greninja and Tapu Lele can semicheck Zygarde but are extremely frail and dont appreciate taking any even unboosted Thousand Arrows. Magearna's EVs might need explaining for some people but they do this, can live a Scarf Garchomp or Excadrill's Earthquake from full, maximizes its Special Attack and allows it to creep pokemon such as no invest skarmory. Aura Sphere is capable of killing Excadrill at +1, Focus Blast is the other option however its much less reliable but will do the job unboosted. Ice Beam can be run over U-Turn on Ash Greninja however it misses out on being able to pivot into defensive walls to avoid letting the teams cleaner and wallbreakers take to much damage.

BAN ME (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Celesteela @ Groundium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Adamant Nature
- Autotomize
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

BAN ME PLS (Dugtrio) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

medicham is strong. strong things go with spikes. i put spikes. spikes like ghost to block spin. i add koko to u-turn into cham and because theres that hype about elec terrain + tpunch koko. dugtrio is broken fuck everyone who voted no to banning it. autotomize celesteela because i was watching tom bus and it fit here. dugtrio is still broken fuck everyone who voted no to banning it.

Duku (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt

Soft and Wet (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Specs
Hasty Nature
IVs: 20 HP
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Armandi (Gengar) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

LandoCommando (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Soul Silver (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Miyazaki (Nihilego) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fire]]/Hidden Power [Ice]/Toxic Spikes<---toxic spikes is nice to hit greninja common switch ins like fini
- Thunderbolt/Thunder<---thunder helps if you want to ohko greninja 100% of the time

Mega Medicham is main focus of the team so I have mons that can pivot around let it in more easy. one pokemon I thought that match well with mega medi was gren with u-turn it can force pokemon like av Magearna,zone, common switch ins for gren and let mega medi in and break something or ohko a mon and return ash greninja can beat offense for mega medicham. next member of the team helps break fat builds and shutdown balance and common chansey sets. that pokemon is taunt+z ghost ganger. this pokemon is amazing rn in the meta game. can kill toxaphex on the switch with shadowball+z move with rock damage, also with webs around taunt can really help. next I went with the king of ou lando-T this mon checks zygarde and is a rock setter and all that good stuff lando does. one thing that's different lando runs yache because I was weak to koko so it can be a nice to lure koko in also the speed evs help out to out speed 230 speed fini. lando is nice slow pivot mon for mega medi too. the next member is honestly the most important av calm Magearna helps me check all gren sets and my psychic resist. hp fire to hit zor and ferros. volt switch helps to let in mega medi,gren, and ganger more ezpz. last member is my most fave mon in this gen scarf Nihilego it helps me check all charizards and volc and can be a nice clean up for late game. i like using Nihilego early game to force switches like defensively steel walls and make the double to a breaker.

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

This Mega Medicham team is about offensive hazard stack.

Mega Medicham just basically destroys everything other than the odd bulky Psychic and Mega Sableye but with Tapu Koko as its partner in crime it can 2HKO standard Mega Sableye sets with electric terrain even if its fully defensive which 3HKO you can either lead with Garchomp and Z Draco Meteor which does around 70% and finish it off with a Draco Meteor or you can manage to get a small damage chip on Mega Sableye and best switching with Tapu Koko and bring out the Electric terrain and if its good U-turn out and get Mega Medicham to spam Thunder Punch.

Since this team is weak to Mega Venusaur I also gave Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt to deal with Venu and Amoonguss easier and don't really need Ice Punch since Garchomp can deal with Pokemon like Landorus-T quite as my Garchomp of a special attacking variant well and allows to set up Stealth Rocks

Tapu Koko benefits this team a lot as it can help protect the team from spore, helps deal with Tapu Fini which Greninja struggles with and helps grab momentum with Volt switch and U-Turn

Ash Greninja provides extra offensive pressure which Mega Medicham's speed isn't the greatest so Ash Greninja and deals with bulky psychic types like Mega Metagross and Reuniclus, Provides more Priority which can be helpful finally it appreciates Mega Medicham Removing Threats such as Toxapex and Tangrowth.

Gengar can do a few things for this team, revenge kill since I gave Gengar Choice Scarf, spinblock rapid spin since this team benefits from Hazard Stack and handle Pokemon that this team can struggle with like Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam.

Finally Ferrothorn provides the spikes which this team heavily appreciates, Ferrothorn has a lot of resistances which this team loves like Fairy, Psychic, Water, Electric and Poison types since it has many resitances makes Ferrothorn the bulk of the team.

Thundurus @ Electrium Z
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

I wanted a balanced team around mega-cham + thundurus. Thundurus helps with the speed control and generally, it is a good late game Sweeper. Then, I added a CB zyg bc i needed a thing able to break thund's checks and it's also a solid answer to fire types. I chose marowak-A as my ST setter, also my koko switch in. Celesteela is here for metagross mainly. Finally, tapu fini completes the defensive core. It is my water resist, and it switches into keld or ash gren. This team is quite slow but I use twave on thund. Also, it's hard to deal with LO protean gren. I had a good w/l ratio with that team so I think, it's a good team. :]

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out / Zen Headbutt

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

The team is built around MMedicham and Tapu Koko. Koko is a great partner for Medi because de Electric Terrain to 2HKO MSableye. Then I chose Mimikyu to defeat Psychic and Ghost Types that can switch into Medi's HJK, also is my best answer for an opposing Medi. The defensive core is Landorus as the physically defensive pokemon and rocker and Magearna as the specially defensive pokemon. I chose Magearna instead of Celesteela because Magearna gives a notable offensive pressence. The last pokemon is Keldeo, because I wanted to check Volcarona and a faster one, I prerfered that it was a special attacker so Keldeo was the best option. With Stone Edge it can defeat Volcaron a and Zard Y.

Medi can run Fake Out to rk pokemons such as Greninja or Koko. Also, it can run Zen to kill Marowak easily. Koko has those Evs because it doesn't need more evs in speed and a bit of bulk it's nice.

Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

This team is built around Medicham,obviously. At first, i selected Muk as a partner because with this mon i can easily trap medicham's checks, ghost types, with pursuit. It is also here as a check of Tapu Lele and as a knock off user. Then i selected Lando as a physical attackers check and he is also the rocker of my team, but he cannot check Medicham alone so i decided to put Mimikyu in my team because he can check things like Medi, Gross or Volcarona that are huge threats in this metagame. Finally i decided to put one of the best partners of mega Medicham in the metagame, he is Tapu Koko. And then i created the Volt-turn core between Koko and Greninja-Ash. I put this Greninja because with U-Turn he can create a lot of momentum for Mega Medicham, that is so good.

Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Tapu Koko @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 16 SpA / 24 Spe
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 224 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

a team around spike stacking and M-medicham. i don't explain things too well so im gonna say the standard things. medicham is the mega. lando-t is the rocker. hp fire ferro handles scizor and othert ferros and puts down spikes. Starmie spins for the whole team. Tapu koko helps with stall because it has nature's madness and taunt. And last is Scarf Tyranitar to have decent speed control along with Tapu koko.

Apparently i left out two teams because i didn't notice a final page:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam

Greninja (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

The team started with Mega Medicham and Shed Shell Tapu Lele. With no Tapu Koko in the team and things like Slowbro not being common at all I decided against Thunder Punch on this team. Subing on a switch into a sack usually nets you two kills while also being super good against things like Trick Room (sub blocks Memento and lets you stall TR turns).

I needed something fast and went with Scarf Garchomp for that.
Rocks were next and I also wanted to try out an offensive rocker with Z-Rock Lando-T.
At this point I wanted something that could take a couple of special hits and a Steel type. Celesteela gave me both.

Ash-Gren gave me one other thing that could both sweep and open holes in the other team while also giving me chances to get spikes up.

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Surf

So, Medi-Koko is an awesome offensive core, since as you all know Koko's electric tertain allows Medicham to 2HKO Mega Sableye, an otherwise fantastic answer to Medi. You can sub in Zen Headbutt over either fake out or ice punch, but i personally think this is the best coverage Medi can have for my team. I have taunt koko because webs can be annoying. I needed a check to opposing Koko and Ash Gren, so I added AV Tang. Rock Slide to kill Volcarona that want to switch in/set up on me. I added Ash Gren for a nice way to rkill Metagross. It also provides spikes support. I chose spikes over U-Turn because I never found myself clicking U-Turn, and I feel spikes support is just so broken good in this meta. I added Heatran next to improve my Ferrothorn matchup, and provide rocks. Plus, Bloom Doom Tran traps and beats most bulky waters that give Gren trouble. Lastly, I needed a scarfer, so I added Latios. As much as I hate any Lati that isn't specs, Scarf lati fits well here, giving me a backup ground immunity. Surf over HP Fire because Heatran can be annoying. Volcarona can be annoying, but if you weaken it so lati can rkill/lure it with rock slide tang you should be good. Mega Meta is a bitch to switch in to, but Gren can revenge kill. Overall, a solid team imo. Enjoy :]

You have until the 24th of april to vote for your favorite team!

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Team 7 pretty much the only team that can actually beat Stall and also has a Thundurus :)

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Teams 7, 9, and 12 are probs the best ones (a few on here just flat lose to ashninja or mmeta, lol)

Goin with Team 9 though, its the most solid offense-based team on here, not to mention pretty creative.

e: quick note for the people voting team 8: good luck with mmeta.

Last edited:
I asked gastro to finish this round but ill do it i guess. My bad for letting this go on longer. The winner is team 7 made by Simiatic !
With round 9 concluded lets move on to round 10.

This weeks challenge is to build around:

tornadus-Therian!

You have until the 1st of May (whoops) to build.

Last edited:
I asked gastro to finish this round but ill do it i guess. My bad for letting this go on longer. The winner is team 7 made by Simiatic !
With round 9 concluded lets move on to round 10.

This weeks challenge is to build around:

tornadus-Therian!

You have until the 1st of march to build.
But, team 9 and team 7 have got 5 votes, its a tie between this two teams

Santu

is a Tiering Contributoris the 9th Grand Slam Winneris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Taunt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb

My initial idea was to leave the core tornadus + zygarde band.This core is very weak in ice so I decided to pair it with mega scizor which also offered me by defogger and took away the problem of ice resistance. Tapu Koko really gave me so many problems and to handle it I put a tangroth av, which also helped me by removing the various tools to make the sweep easier of tornadus and zygards. Then tapu lele was really hard to counter it I also needed a pokemon that set the rocks for this I opted for defensive jirachi with a particular set wish<<fire punch.
And finally, as a last pokemon I have touched toxapex that really helps me so much as it can weaken my tapu with the set with mudobble and especially gets toxi charizard x if it is not a true plug in the side for the team.

Last edited:

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.

LO Tornadus-T
+ CB Zygarde

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump / Ice Beam
- Spikes / Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power [Electric]

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Naive Nature
- Air Slash
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

This is a team i made that includes tornadus-t for this round. Zygarde is a good partner taking on char y and other stuff for torn-t while torn-t can take on on Tangrowth which CB Zygarde has a little trouble with. Then i decided to use a fire-water-grass core with Firium Z Heatran with rocks, scarf greninja for speed control and laying down spikes (or HP Electric for Gyarados) (even Rock Slide can be used for Volcarona and Charizard Y), and AV tangrowth for pokemon such as keldeo, ash-greninja and tapu koko. And the last pokemon is Max defensive M-Scizor for CB Zygarde and M-Metagrosss and other physical attackers. I put Air Slash on Tornadus-T and Protect on Heatran to be less M-Medicham weak .enjoy :heart:

Last edited:

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog / Roost
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder / Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kingdra @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Medicham @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip / Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

So I decided I wanted to do this Tornadus-T team-building challenge by combining Life Orb STAB Hurricane with 100% accuracy courtesy of rain. Life Orb with U-turn and Regenerator assures that Tornadus will stick around the duration of the battle while packing a huge huge punch. I added Pelipper as the rain inducer as it's the best mon for the job. It also provides Defog support for the team and provides a nice slow U-turn which helps it bring in the more powerful threats. Next up I added Tapu Koko, which I felt synergized nicely with the first two mons. Tornadus-T punches holes through the bulky grass types in the tier and swaps into ground attacks and Tapu Koko can abuse 100% accurate STAB Thunder in the rain provided by Pelipper. I kept both Thunder and Thunderbolt on this mon in the event that you're unable to keep the rain up for Thunder and have concerns about accuracy late-game. One could drop Thunder for Volt Switch, which makes a Volt-Turn core with Pelipper and/or Tornadus. Decided to bring in the premier swift swimmer onto the team as my Z-move user. Rain Boosted Hydro Vortex nukes a lot of top tier threats in the tier like Mega Metagross, Greninja, etc and provides the team with great speed and can be a great cleaner after the opposing team has been softened up. I was concerned by some annoying special walls like Chansey and Ferrothorn so I threw on Mega Medicham, who also provides the team some very strong priority with Fake Out and electric terrain boosted Thunder Punch from Koko, which just hilariously nixes a lot of typical bulky switch ins like Clefable and M-Sableye. Finally to round out the team and provide some helpful defensive glue I added Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn enjoys the mitigation of it's fire weakness with the rain by Pelipper, provides rock support and Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs punishes a lot of physical attackers like Azumarill and Landorus-T. STABs helps it smack threats like Tapu Lele and because I don't have leftovers I finished off the set with Leech Seed which also punishes switches. You could drop Power Whip coverage for Protect for scouting and being annoying with Leech Seed recovery, too.

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion

AV Tornadus-T
+ CB Zygarde

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes / Hidden Power [Electric]
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

This is a team i made that includes tornadus-t for this round. Zygarde is a good partner taking on char y and other stuff for torn-t while torn-t can take on on Tangrowth which CB Zygarde has a little trouble with. Also AV Torn-T can come in on specs gengar. Then i decided to use a fire-water-grass core with Groundium Z Heatran with rocks, scarf greninja for speed control and laying down spikes (or HP Electric for Gyarados), and AV tangrowth for pokemon such as keldeo, ash-greninja and tapu koko. And the last pokemon is Max defensive M-Scizor for CB Zygarde and M-Metagrosss and other physical attackers. enjoy :heart:
Yo since we're allowed to make small suggestions here, I think you should run Rock Slide on your Scarfninja for Volcarona, at least that's what most run. Your team isn't particularly weak to Volc but HP Ground Volc could run through it if it gets prior damage on Zyg (especially because you're Band and not SpDef). Hope it helps

AV TornadusT + Wow Zard X.

Importable.
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 72 SpD / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power Ice

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Explanation.
TornadusT is an interesting poke both offensively and defensively. Thank you in large part that you have a good skill. Let's begin, TornadusT is weak to the electric type, where they appear tapu koko, rotomw and Zapdos. Added Ferrothorn, which covers electric and rock type. (Nihilego, ttar) I have the advantage of wearing spikes and wearing the opposite. The position of the mega has been won by ZardX. Well, it gives me security to cover threats. Next on the list is my sr user Heatran. I take it with grassium z to cover bulky waters you never know. Tangrowth makes a great core with tran and tornat. In final position my Defog user Tapu Fini. Creates a good combination with Ferro & ZardX (FWG)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)