2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
didn't watch yesterday's game, but watching Ronaldos goals feels like Atleti just had a terrible night and i really dont think theyll recover from this one. Hope im wrong tho bc i really want to see some fireworks in the 2nd leg, but rn Real is the first CL finalist

Just watched the highlights. Atletico was plain awful. They managed to neutralise Ronaldo (who as usual doesn't get involved in the build-up) in the previous CL finals but gave him so much space and time to finish in the semi final.

Last edited:

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tonight juventus proved once again to be the best defense in the world, we didnt really suffer monaco much and the whole team (especially Higuain, Dani Alves and Chiellini) played amazingly. We deserve another final but 2nd leg worries me :/

Wenger wins against Mourinho in the league finally but from team selection it seems like Mourinho is eyeing Europa League as their ticket into the Champions league.

Just as well as Liverpool didn't get three points from Southamptom to cement top 4, Arsenal winning relieves the pressure off them a bit.

Southampton parking the bus despite having nothing to play for and Milner misses his penalty for the first time since 2009. One of those days but at least we're still on track for Top 4.

We really need different personnel if 3-4-3 is our future formation.

It was an easy win and it was set up to be. Great. Good. Moving on.

Mourinho is a diva and there's no mind games.

Sad to see Monaco lose but then again it would have equally been sad for Buffon not to have a Champion's League trophy.

Monaco can take pride in that they did extremely well and are on course to win Ligue 1.

Juventus to win final please. Dream lives on for Buffon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)