Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

anyone who thinks the celts are out of their series is a joke. cavs won't lose a game in the first two rounds as per usual. Toronto botching the first round is unsurprising, Milwaukee will be overmatched versus Cleveland, though. Houston can't compete w/ san antonio or golden state no matter how hard they play them in the reg. season.
>says anyone who thinks celts are done is a joke
>proceeds to make even crazier assumptions than assuming a home team is statistically done after losing 0-2 knowing damn well it's never been done before by the team with HCA ever in a 7game series.

>says anyone who thinks celts are done is a joke
>proceeds to make even crazier assumptions than assuming a home team is statistically done after losing 0-2 knowing damn well it's never been done before by the team with HCA ever in a 7game series.
What are you talking about. The cavs are 19-0 in the first 2 rounds since Lebron came back, it is 100% realistic this trend will continue. Furthermore, my point of the Celtics not being out of their series was just bolstered by their shellacking of the bulls last night. I honestly have no idea what your point is based off of but calling those predictions "hilarious" is humorous in it's own right

i'm saying saying the celtics are done is no less realistic than the bucks at least giving a challenge to the cavs (you said overmatched as if it'll be some sort of a sweeping series) and somehow predict houston/SA wouldn't be competitive either.

and bulls winning game 3 doesn't change the 0-2 statistic you ignored while somehow throwing back "but lebron's perfect in the second round!'

edit: oh you also assumed the raptors were done simply by losing game 3 (although I would favor this outcome, it's still strange to jump this far ahead for the bucks while simultaneously saying if the same thing is said about the celtics, you're an idiot)

i'm saying saying the celtics are done is no less realistic than the bucks at least giving a challenge to the cavs (you said overmatched as if it'll be some sort of a sweeping series) and somehow predict houston/SA wouldn't be competitive either.

and bulls winning game 3 doesn't change the 0-2 statistic you ignored while somehow throwing back "but lebron's perfect in the second round!'

edit: oh you also assumed the raptors were done simply by losing game 3 (although I would favor this outcome, it's still strange to jump this far ahead for the bucks while simultaneously saying if the same thing is said about the celtics, you're an idiot)
You are viewing these series through a vacuum. The bucks are a young roster with almost no playoff experience outside of Delly (?) and you expect them to be competitive with a LeBron lead Cavs team that has been to the finals the previous two years. They are talented and young and are taking advantage of a Raptors team lacking in chemistry and cohesiveness. Also the Bulls did not win game 3 so i'm not sure what you mean.

Last edited:
What a fucking game. Spurs got fucked by that one possession where the shot clock didn't reset but overall great execution by both teams. Also Kawhi is a bad dude.

Edit: What a dagger by Curry

Last edited:
You are viewing these series through a vacuum. The bucks are a young roster with almost no playoff experience outside of Delly (?) and you expect them to be competitive with a LeBron lead Cavs team that has been to the finals the previous two years.
that doesn't mean it can't be competitive.

They are talented and young and are taking advantage of a Raptors team lacking in chemistry and cohesiveness.
and the series evened up. still kinda silly to assume the bucks just have it when raptors weren't 0-2 like the celts.

Also the Bulls did not win game 3 so i'm not sure what you mean.
i'm saying they were down 0-2. game 3 be damned.

Watching Fizdale lead his team is exactly why I was sad to see him leave Miami but was happy and proud at the same time. Has the grizz ballin against the Spurs of all teams even with KL playing scary good.

Well time to go back and forth between 2k17 and the pacers getting eliminated, fun times.

Between Griffin's injury and this game, I'm wondering again whether Chris Paul regrets that verbal agreement to a new contract with the team. No man with actual championship aspirations would willingly play for the Clippers after what he's contributed.

So will Westbrook opt out at the end of next season so he can get that max with any other team besides the warriors/cavs or will he stay cause he doesnt wanna deal w/ the hate KD got

So will Westbrook opt out at the end of next season so he can get that max with any other team besides the warriors/cavs or will he stay cause he doesnt wanna deal w/ the hate KD got
Pretty sure he got a contract extension last summer, something like 3yr/85m so his contract ends in 18-19 season

actually nvm, read it wrong - you said opt out at end of next season

Take everything you thought you knew, crumple it up, throw it in the trashcan, and set it on fire. Behold the Celtics and the Bulls, a series between a one seed and an eight in which neither team can win on their home floor, not playing any point guards is a reasonable adjustment, and Paul Zipser and Terry Rozier are difference-makers.

This is a series where one can say with a straight face that an injury to Rajon Rondo changed its entire complexion. It’s a series where Gerald Green can start a must-win game. If we are living in basketball’s age of reason, this series has been a satire worthy of Swift. At the very least, it merited a profane Kevin Garnett testimonial delivered to the Celtics before Game 3.

The first two paragraphs explain my feelings on the bulls/Celtics series.

http://www.sbnation.com/a/celtics-bulls-nba-playoffs-upset-jimmy-butler-sunday-shootaround

KD only got the hate 'cause he left to join a team that was up 3-1 in the Finals, so unless he joins a team that was a finalist the season prior, I doubt he'd get the same treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)