M&M Mix and Mega

Aegislash's Ability can't be changed in normal play. However, switching out and then in again should force the Ability to update.
Are you sure? This isn't the case for Pokémon like Castform or Komala. I think the reason Aegislash keeps its ability the first time it mega evolves is because its forme change is uniquely dictated by an onBeforeMove event, which is queued before it mega evolves. This forces its ability to become what triggered the event in the first place.

Are you sure? This isn't the case for Pokémon like Castform or Komala. I think the reason Aegislash keeps its ability the first time it mega evolves is because its forme change is uniquely dictated by an onBeforeMove event, which is queued before it mega evolves. This forces its ability to become what triggered the event in the first place.
The code for handling Abilities is a mess, so Showdown! may not have the correct mechanics for Castform or Komala, however Multitype and Stance Change are blocked at a very low level. Unfortunately I don't have the game or relevant tools myself, so I have no way of knowing what happens in-game when you hack those other forme-specific Abilities onto a Pokémon with a mega stone.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Hey. A little referendum for that Galavantula set I posted a while ago. This doubles as a PSA.
It's OHKOed by all forms of -ate Extreme Speed, even from Zygarde. You'll probably want to have a switch-in for those cases. Works fine nearly everywhere else, though.

There will be no usage stats this month. The staff have their hands full with an issue there. So we'll need to just watch and see what happens...

investing speed (Deoxys-Speed) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Zap Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Extreme Speed

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny

investing speed (Deoxys-Speed) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Zap Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Extreme Speed

Erm..this actually gives up on the one reason to use deo-s that is it's speed. One of the best perks of deo-s is it out-speeds all forms of pheromosa and kills them, so it does need full speed investment imo. Also taunt/stealth rocks are better in the long run than espeed.

Erm..this actually gives up on the one reason to use deo-s that is it's speed. One of the best perks of deo-s is it out-speeds all forms of pheromosa and kills them, so it does need full speed investment imo. Also taunt/stealth rocks are better in the long run than espeed.
Pheromosa is actually suspected, so it doesn't matter. (spoiler: ban)
The 4th moveslot depends on your team. personally, I play defensive PDon, so I already have the SR. ExtremeSpeed is useful to outspeed the -ate users and RK them if weakened.

Wait...

Noivern @ Altarianite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

STAB Pixilate Boomburst...Hmmmm.

Wait...

Noivern @ Altarianite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

STAB Pixilate Boomburst...Hmmmm.
Soon, my liege... soon. (Also, Dragon Pulse is not great on -ate Noivern; try U-turn, Taunt, Psychic [yes, it gets that], or Super Fang instead.)
I'm personally waiting for summer for these stones to come out... and we won't have to wait soon for Blazikenite nastiness; I think that might warrant a near-immediate suspect test upon reentry. Thing is super-volatile, with several monstrous new users available to us... I'll go over them when that arrives at Sun's door...

Soon, my liege... soon. (Also, Dragon Pulse is not great on -ate Noivern; try U-turn, Taunt, Psychic [yes, it gets that], or Super Fang instead.)
I'm personally waiting for summer for these stones to come out... and we won't have to wait soon for Blazikenite nastiness; I think that might warrant a near-immediate suspect test upon reentry. Thing is super-volatile, with several monstrous new users available to us... I'll go over them when that arrives at Sun's door...
A fairy-type Super Fang is enticing. Another alternative would be Draco Meteor I guess lol who needs stab?

Last edited:
A fairy-type Super Fang is enticing. Another alternative would be Draco Meteor I guess
Altarianite Noivern would be flying/fairy typing, so draco meteor would no longer be STAB and thus be pointless. Boomburst, u-turn, taunt and super fang would probably be its best set since its other options in flamethrower and hurricane won't work out nearly as well in practice since s.def magearna eats up flamethrower and blue orb steels exist and hurricane has a bigger chance to miss in the harsh sunshine of red orb users. Another possible option that you could run is toxic so that you can wear down stuff like pdon even more effectively over time and thus weakening/eliminating another boomburst switchin.
Altarianite
Altarianite

A fairy-type Super Fang is enticing. Another alternative would be Draco Meteor I guess
How did I never even think of this? That's actually genius. But yeah, Draco Meteor is bad, because it's no longer a Dragon. It could be an option on Salamencite, but when you have Boomburst... it's not really that great anymore.

Also, Hurricane is totally worth it for the coverage, and probably Flamethrower, too. You're not just hitting Red Orb users with Hurricane... Though the above set isn't that bad.

Fardin

Tournament Banned
can we talk about how broken shaymin is, and the fact that you have to sack at least 1 poke to get in ur prioirty user each time it comes in if u dont have any fat mons(even with fat mons, seed flare is a bithc)
at first it was only allowed cause it loses serena grace which made it good, but with pidegotite, it gets a much better ability + insane stat boosts..its just too broken for mnm

Last edited:

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Can we do something about sleep + pidgeotite? Honestly that makes so many mons problematic, whether it be skymin or gengar... Spore has shitty distribution for a reason and I feel that will get rid of the unhealthy part of pidgeotite while not over nerfing special attackers.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can we do something about sleep + pidgeotite? Honestly that makes so many mons problematic, whether it be skymin or gengar... Spore has shitty distribution for a reason and I feel that will get rid of the unhealthy part of pidgeotite while not over nerfing special attackers.
In Gen 6 Sleep was abit annoying but managable. Its Shaymin-Sky itself is what's broken. I never liked that Skymin was running around, and now with No Guard, it gets whats probably the best sleep inducing move in the meta (goes through subs). Plus Lucarionite creams whatever checks the Pidge set, adding insult to injury. Priority isnt as common anymore as it was in Gen 6 (I ran at least 2, sometimes 3 Espeeders) and it takes full advantage of it. But Mix n Mega just finished a suspect test so let it breathe a little.

I also believe that like, in gen 6, Zap Cannon should now be banned. Xirk+pigeotite with hypnosis and Zap Cannon is extremely difficult to deal with. At +3 it can 2hKO Sablenite Chansey and that's the most specially bulky mon in the meta. It also gains a +20 speed increase to 103 speed, and a jawdropping 233 special attack. The 103 speed is notable because after a paralysis with Zap Cannon Zurk will probably outspeed the mon it just zapped, so that you have to rely on priority to kill it. REfrigerate users are usually fairly frail, while Aerilate users are resisted. Of course it's super physically frail so I guess you can aqua jet it with Golicipod or something. But it's still really hard to switch in on, so you still have to sac something to kill it.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I also believe that like, in gen 6, Zap Cannon should now be banned. Xirk+pigeotite with hypnosis and Zap Cannon is extremely difficult to deal with. At +3 it can 2hKO Sablenite Chansey and that's the most specially bulky mon in the meta. It also gains a +20 speed increase to 103 speed, and a jawdropping 233 special attack. The 103 speed is notable because after a paralysis with Zap Cannon Zurk will probably outspeed the mon it just zapped, so that you have to rely on priority to kill it. REfrigerate users are usually fairly frail, while Aerilate users are resisted. Of course it's super physically frail so I guess you can aqua jet it with Golicipod or something. But it's still really hard to switch in on, so you still have to sac something to kill it.
The way you describe it, its as if every member of the opposing team is already paralyzed. 103 base speed is poor for an offensive mon, and its frality makes it rather easy to revengekill. Also, with a 120 base power attack + STAB coming off a 223 base SpA oko's offensive mons anyway.

pidgeotite xurk is too slow and too frail to mean much, 103 speed and 83/76/81 defenses are an invitation to getting ohkoed by anything, and hypnosis is a waste of a turn unless you're against stall
skymin is certainly better, but has poor defensive typing and a predictable moveset that sablenite walls can walk all over

Fardin

Tournament Banned
pidgeotite xurk is too slow and too frail to mean much, 103 speed and 83/76/81 defenses are an invitation to getting ohkoed by anything, and hypnosis is a waste of a turn unless you're against stall
skymin is certainly better, but has poor defensive typing and a predictable moveset that sablenite walls can walk all over
Yh, they can easily walk over Shaymin as long as they avoid the -2 sp def drop...even if you can predict what it will do, it's still extremely dangerous.

the 40% chance of a -2 spdef drop with 8 pp and a poor offensive typing
even after one drop, a completely uninvested sablenite blissey isn't even a guaranteed 2hko and skymin can take upwards of 90% from ice beam
and that doesn't even touch on resistant walls like zapdos or revenge killers like weavile and deo-s

zapdos needs an spdef investment to be a hard counter, but it has a 60% chance to come in safely and force skymin out
offensive checks are certainly useful, since they limit skymin's ability to come in and the support it gets from teammates
if you want more checks/counters there's scarf kyurem-w, celesteela, av solgaleo, pinsirite genesect, ho-oh, etc
there's loads of options to prevent skymin from dealing significant damage or even getting its foot in the door

Fardin

Tournament Banned
ive never seen scarf kyurem before, and trust me..i ladder a lot. cele, solg and ho-oh just gets put to sleep, and gene dies to air slash if predicted right when it switches in. also about zapdos, shaymin can afford to stay in, do some damage and try to get sp def drop again.
0 SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Shaymin-Sky: 272-324 (79.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (some people usually volt switch on it anyways)

Blissey is the only reliable switchin for shaymin, unless 2 sp def drops but that would be a worst case scenerio.
Zapdos(sablenite) is risking a 40% chance of getting killed if its at 90% each time it comes in on seed flare
252 SpA Shaymin-Sky Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 118-139 (30.7 - 36.1%) -- 54.6% chance to 3HKO..and if its the venasurite set, shaymin can just put it in sleep, and force it to switch out or kill.... also offensive checks like weav and deo are useless if u have to sack something each time it comes in lol
try running sablenite zapdos. It takes 252+ SpA Shaymin-Sky Seed Flare vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 105-124 (27.4 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO, so it walls much better, and doesnt need to fear sleep. Sablenite Skarmory also acts as a very effective answer, as does Hooh (especially with a sleep talk), and Cobalion since it cant be koed even with drops while asleep. Offensive checks are also easier to come by, like weavile, entei, Terrakion, Kartana after chip, scarfers like xerneas, and I guess even genesect. It also has a bunch of single use switchins, like Magearna and sablenite mew, that can serve as soft checks. It's certainly a horrifically powerful mon, and probably trhe outright best in the metagame, but you're exaggerating.

What do you think about Trick Room in MnM?

Altough Pheromosa got banned from using stones, there are still plenty of blazing fast mons around, which are quite difficult to outspeed. And because there are also quite interesting and powerful mons which suffer from their low speed, I decided to create a Trick Room team.

Tyranitar @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- First Impression

Tapu Bulu @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Diancie @ Sablenite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Magearna @ Slowbronite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power / Recover
- Defog / Recover
- Trick Room

Description:
First, I needed a pokemon, that can act as a lead, and set both Stealth Rocks and Trick Room. I opted for Sablenite Diancie, as it has great bulk, so that it can usually set trick room more than once throughout a match, and Magic Bounce, which protects her from opposing taunts and blocks opposing hazards. It also has some offensive presence with 120 SpAtt and dual STAB in Moonblast and Diamond Storm, so that it is not helplpess against Mold Breaker taunters.

Then, I added Mewtwonite X Tapu Bulu as the first sweeper. It has a sky-high 210 base attack stat, and its horn leech is further boosted by grassy terrain. I also thought about Charizardite X to get tough claws, but it would also give me an unwanted Dragon typing, while Mewtwonite provides STAB for Superpower. Wood Hammer would be even stronger, but it wears down Tapu Bulu quickly, so that I prefer Horn Leech, which heals Tapu Bulu instead of causing recoil damage. However, the typing also has a great disadvantage: Bulu gets OHKOed by Aerilate eSpeed, so you should be careful.

Golisopod is another sweeper, and can threaten fire types, especially PDon, which is a pokemon my team otherwise struggles a bit, even outside of TR. It has quite high attack, and its Liquidation is further boosted by the rain. It also has access to pretty strong priority in First Impression to kill opposing sweepers without having to set up trick room first. It has usable bulk and can heal itself with Leech Life, so that it is quite difficult to wear down, like Tapu Bulu.

The third offensive mon is Garchompite Tyranitar. Finally, Garchompite has some uses, as it boosts Ttars attack greatly, while lowering his speed, which means, that he gets faster in TR. It also provides the ability Sand Force, which works great together with his pre-mega ability sand stream, so that he gets 130 Base power Earthquake and Stone Edge for dealing great damage. Hone Claws is for boosting, altough it's rarely used due to the short duration of Trick Room.
Because he loses the ability Sand Stream, and because the sand storm gets overwritten by Desolate Land/Primordial Sea, you have to mega-evolve at the right time for maximum potential.

Magearna with Slowbronite is another Trick Room setter, and can also use the trick room for herself to attack with Fleur Cannon and Flash Cannon from 160 base SpAtt.

For the last slot, I chose a support Water Arceus, which acts as a third TR setter and can defog hazards too, if needed. However, I mostly use Recover over defog to stay healthy. It also helps me to check some threats or to at least get up a TR against them to let one of the other mons finish them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)