BH Balanced Hackmons

Replace the ability with Dazzling, prevent Triage and Prankster sets.

Add Icicle Crash coverage over Drain Punch to negate the threat of Rayquaza, Zygarde, and the odd Galvanize Zygarde.
After Shell Smash, it won't really survive much so there is no need for Drain Punch.

Prevention is the best cure.
Unless I'm mistaken, the entire point of this set is that the imposter cannot damage you, running icicle crash therefore basically invalidates the set.

give it life orb to possibly ohko unaware audino. although this leaves u vulnerable to king's shield cause u make contact. Also magic guard>prankster
252+ Atk Life Orb Spiritomb Power Trip (620 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Audino-Mega: 347-409 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
If all stats are at maximum, Power Trip has 860 BP. I want to see an Audino that can survive this ;)

If all stats are at maximum, Power Trip has 860 BP. I want to see an Audino that can survive this ;)
It's a joke, but actually works.
Audino-Mega @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endure
- Perish Song
- Recycle
- Heart Swap
Switches in, uses Endure to survive any attack, and any attack will bring Audino to 1 hp, activating Berry Juice and thus giving him max HP.
The turn later it cannot be OHKOed because of Sturdy, and Audino can either stall a bit with Recycle, stop it with Heart Swap or kill it with Perish Song.
Ta daaaaaa.

Last edited:
It's a joke, but actually works.
Audino-Mega @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
- Endure
- Perish Song
- Recycle
- Heart Swap
Switches in, uses Endure to survive any attack, and any attack will bring Audino to 1 hp, activating Berry Juice and thus giving him max HP.
The turn later it cannot be OHKOed because of Sturdy, and Audino can either stall a bit with Recycle, stop it with Heart Swap or kill it with Perish Song.
Ta daaaaaa.
Wait. Doesn't any indirect damage destroy this thing?

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
lol for some reason the damage calculator puts it at 620 bp max so keep the protective pads xD. Magic guard is still better than prankster tho. Also maybe we should run soundproof to stop prankster+perish song but then it dies to toxic spikes and prankster ghost types with curse so idk.

Wait. Doesn't any indirect damage destroy this thing?
I know that there are Stealth Rock up, but because of Endure I can't die on the spot, and because of Berry Juice I return to max HP.
It's just to stop that Ttar/Spiritomb, I know it's dumb.
lol for some reason the damage calculator puts it at 620 bp max so keep the protective pads xD. Magic guard is still better than prankster tho. Also maybe we should run soundproof to stop prankster+perish song but then it dies to toxic spikes and prankster ghost types with curse so idk.
1) it caps at 620 because the calculator doesn't account for accuracy and evasion boosts.
2) being a dark type means you are immune to both Prankster Perish Song and Curse.

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
Unfortunately I'm not immune to prankster perish Song even tho I'm a dark type. I know it's weird because dazzling stops prankster perish song but dark types don't for some unknown reason :(

Neither dazzling nor dark types are immune to prankster perish song / haze.

Regarding perish song, idk if it's a bug or not. But on showdown a soundproof mon will be affected by perish song if he's the one using it. It use to be that he was immune regardless of who uses it.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-568113754

EDIT: tried it again and it seems I was mistaken, dazzling blocks prankster perish song but dark type doesn't.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-568180162

EDIT2: Even better than that, if you use prankster perish song in psychic terrain, only the user will be affected.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-568183750

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
wait... why are we suggesting FEAR Mega Audino to beat this strategy again? there are a bunch of ways you can win... here's a list:
  • imposter. can't be trapped and you'll probably be able to play around it after you know the set.
  • roar/whirlwind, not to mention haze. or any other stat preventing move like heart swap.
  • guys that threaten giratina even with normalize, such as revelation dance yveltal.
  • a ghost. just run one guys it's not that hard. you can even use a ghost type such as gastly over that audino to perish song the giratina (and for that matter, why are you using audino for this in the first place? its typing doesn't really offer anything besides a hard stop to some giratinas, and besides wigglytuff is cuter).

wait... why are we suggesting FEAR Mega Audino to beat this strategy again? there are a bunch of ways you can win... here's a list:
  • imposter. can't be trapped and you'll probably be able to play around it after you know the set.
  • roar/whirlwind, not to mention haze. or any other stat preventing move like heart swap.
  • guys that threaten giratina even with normalize, such as revelation dance yveltal.
  • a ghost. just run one guys it's not that hard. you can even use a ghost type such as gastly over that audino to perish song the giratina (and for that matter, why are you using audino for this in the first place? its typing doesn't really offer anything besides a hard stop to some giratinas, and besides wigglytuff is cuter).
I think the point of that Fear Audino set flew over your head, the point that people are trying to convey either way is that Shadowtag is not fun to play against, and there is a reason it is banned in pretty much every Tier.

I'm not suggesting FEAR Mega Audino, I was just joking with Semako about using an Audino to stop Ttar/Spiritomb. I didn't realize that motherlove had to dress as "Captain Obvious" to let me explain myself.
Anyway, you can play against most Shadow Tag by running ghosts, faster mons (can't encore in the wrong move), Shed Shell (also useful against Magnet Pull Pdon), Magic Bounce (again can't be encored), Pursuit Trap (Mtar, Mdos and Greninja-Ash all have chances to OHKO), Imposters, Prankster (or faster) Taunt, Sticky Web and priority in general. It's annoying to deal with, but not unbeatable.

I don't think anyone is saying it's unbeatable, far from that.
The point of shadow tag is switching in and blanket killing a counter to a sweeper or you dominant wall with very little possible counter play.
You've done a fine job at listing some possible counters, but teams won't be running stuff like that on every mon. Stall has regenvest, poison heal, unaware, etc...
Offense has god knows how many abilities.
Safety goggles, leftovers, toxic orb, plates, life orb.
There are other items and abilities people would rather run that are far more useful against a variety of foes, rather than running two or more mons with specific abilities just to counter 1 thing: STag.

Edit: What I did a horrible job of explaining is that MGengar does have counters, but that does not mean it isn't overpowered or centralizing.

Edit 2: Waterbubble and Innards Out both technically had counters, but they were banned, and even now Shadowtag is banned in BH, but not on MGar because of mega evolution.

Last edited:

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
Its just a troll team that is very hard to shut down once it has the chance to set up. It is by no means unbeatable and is actually very easy to shut down if u know what's coming. The team is just really fun when it works.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this has been here before but i like this set:

Hatshetpsut (Ampharos-Mega) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Core Enforcer
- Substitute
- Copycat

This is my core enforcer of choice. With a raw 85 speed stat,almost nothing under speeds it. In my experience,only ferrothorn is immune to his enforcing of cores. It has a huge 471 special attack stat, and can do a good amount of damage with core enforcer. Copycat allows easy 2HKO's on The two most prominent walls in BH. Some calcs:

Against Giratina:252+ SpA Mold Breaker Ampharos-Mega Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 300-354 (59.5 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zygod:252+ SpA Mold Breaker Ampharos-Mega Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 320-378 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I dont know how prominent this set might be now with dark type stopping prankster.
Try this alternative.
(Exeggutor-Alola) (F) @ Darkinium-Z
Quiet Nature
- Spore
- Core Enforcer
- Parting Shot / Seed Flare
- Copycat

Spore without worry against Magic Bounce, Parting Shot to serve a purpose for healing teammates with priority; also good for weakening foes and seeing if the opponent will switch. Also this Pokémon is even slower than Ampharos, which is great for Core Enforcer, and can still hit fairly hard. Also, key 4x resistances to Electric, Water, Grass, and a useful 2x resistance to Ground.

P.S. I have tried this out and saw it work by sleeping, Core Enforcing the switch in, then either Parting Shot out, or Copycatting for another hit in a row. A decent pivot.

Core Enforcer also works great to remove Magic Bounce for the Spore next turn. Ampharos would need Safety Goggles to remain safe from a Magic Bounce/enemy Spore users and wouldn't be able to hold the Darkinium-Z item.

252+ SpA Exeggutor-Alola Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 276-326 (66.6 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Exeggutor-Alola Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-Black: 296-350 (65.1 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
---
For the odd Kyurem-W:

252+ SpA Exeggutor-Alola Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-White: 276-326 (60.7 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
---
Other calcs:
252+ SpA Exeggutor-Alola Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Sceptile-Mega: 306-362 (88.9 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO.

252+ SpA Exeggutor-Alola Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 288-338 (45.2 - 53.1%) -- 29.3% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Exeggutor-Alola Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Diancie-Mega: 312-368 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Exeggutor-Alola Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 236-282 (58.4 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Try this alternative.
(Exeggutor-Alola) (F) @ Darkinium-Z
Quiet Nature
- Spore
- Core Enforcer
- Parting Shot
- Copycat

Spore without worry against Magic Bounce, Parting Shot to serve a purpose for healing teammates with priority; also good for weakening foes and seeing if the opponent will switch. Also this Pokémon is even slower than Ampharos, which is great for Core Enforcer, and can still hit fairly hard. Also, key 4x resistances to Electric, Water, Grass, and a useful 2x resistance to Ground.

P.S. I have tried this out and saw it work by sleeping, Core Enforcing the switch in, then either Parting Shot out, or Copycatting for another hit in a row. A decent pivot.

Core Enforcer also works great to remove Magic Bounce for the Spore next turn. Ampharos would need Safety Goggles to remain safe from a Magic Bounce/enemy Spore users and wouldn't be able to hold the Darkinium-Z item.
jeez
quad resistances arent as big a deal when you're giving up both your attacking stat and bulk, and you're picking up a quad weakness to just about the most common coverage type in the meta, and you're weak to the 3 most common sets that run prio above +1 (ice, fairy, flying). this is all on top of fast pivots being bad on bulkier pokemon, which i think was the idea here?
there are better users of z-parting shot, there are better users of prank copycat+core, there are better walls, and there are much, much better defensive typings.

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
I would like to post my hyper offense team because there is a lot of stall going around these days and some people just don't have time for stall. Note that u can change zyg to unaware and give it defog over dbond if u want. I personally think hazard removal is overrated but i know some ppl feel differently.
BIG Z (Zygarde-Complete) @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Haze
- Destiny Bond
- Shore Up

Get In The Bag (Gengar-Mega) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpD
- Shell Smash
- Moongeist Beam
- Secret Sword
- Spore

Get In The Bag (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Boomburst

Not Half Bad (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpD
- Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon
- Overheat
- Moongeist Beam

Fuck The Prince (Groudon-Primal) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Bonemerang
- Icicle Crash
- Sunsteel Strike

Regigiggitty (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Spectral Thief
- Spore
Here are some replays:
vs. Quantum Tesseract: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-567951792
vs. Deez Nuts Junior: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-567890828
vs. Klang: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-567470584

After many hours of careful observation and thorough analysis, I have come to the conclusion that Primal Kyogre should be banned immediately. Water Bubble wasn't the problem. It was Pogre. Kyogre is practically invincible and can do some serious damge. The only battles I lose are to people that use Pogre. If it was banned I could actually be good. I think Primal Groudon is balanced though. It's a strong attacker, but is still walled by Giratina and Zygarde-C. Anyways here's a fun troll team that wins sometimes.
GG No Re (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Acupressure
- Baton Pass

The Demon (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Normalize
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Skill Swap
- Ingrain
- Baton Pass

Unstoppable (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Magic Guard
Adamant Nature
- Imprison
- Haze
- Destiny Bond
- Power Trip

Something New (Steelix-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Nuzzle
- Rapid Spin

Ya Dun Goofed (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Ability: Imposter
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch
- Lunar Dance

KABOOM!!! (Zygarde-Complete) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Switcheroo
- Lunar Dance
- Memento

I suggest Spikes over Stealth Rock, as any relevant Flying types are ohkoed by Power Trip, and the extra damage that Spikes can provide may help ensure OHKOes. However, if you aren't running Mold Breaker Stealth Rocks might be better.

So, no promises on this, but I've been thinking about it for a while. I've been considering recording videos of me playing and providing commentary on my matches, the moves I'm making, and so forth. So, just dropping it here out of curiosity to see if there's interest in that sort of thing.

So, no promises on this, but I've been thinking about it for a while. I've been considering recording videos of me playing and providing commentary on my matches, the moves I'm making, and so forth. So, just dropping it here out of curiosity to see if there's interest in that sort of thing.
Do you want to make them as a documentary of BH? For high ladder, low ladder or any ladder? I'm interested (in helping too).

Go for it dude, pokemon videos are already a thing so if your content is good enough there will be an audience. If you mean like youtube videos I know some other ppl are already doing it / have talked about doing it and there's a lack of good OM content in general on youtube so yeah, if you feel like it I encourage you to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)