The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey folks, the draft is finally upon us, which means it's time for a new thread. Discuss all matters related to the NFL (American Football) here. There will be a separate thread for fantasy discussion so please do not do that here. Have at it!

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
if the jags trade down and draft cook i will be thrilled he's just such a perfect fit for jacksonville.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Reminder: I'm a joint Browns and Patriots fan now. Mitch Trubisky #1 lets fucking GOOOOOOO. An-a-lyt-ics clap clap clapclapclap.

Although it's not so much numbers are magic as it is pro sports scouting is ancient and decrepit and needs to be tossed out the window and the Browns are mostly doing that.

They lost by 9 pts with Landry Jones at qb last season?
Ya but they just ran Blount 25 times that game, probably just wanted to lull the steelers into having a false sense of hope in the postseason before busting out the real game-plan were Brady torches em.

Basically they were doing something like this (no coincidence my boy Charlie is rockin dat black n yellow)

A cruel act of genius really.

Last edited:
The Bears pick is terrible

The Jags pick is almost as bad considering all they invested in running backs for the last 2 years.

The Jags invested in mediocre RBs for the last two years, need a guy who can mask the deficiencies of Bortles.

That Titans pick was a massive reach, Corey Davis probably could've lasted till 18 for them.

John Lynch probably bluffed the Bears that some other team was going to give up an even bigger haul for Trubisky. Terrible trade unless they were very convinced he is going to be the franchise, and if so, then what franchise QB wouldn't you give up the farm for?

There are very minimum contract implications of cutting Mike Glennon after one or two years, so having a starting QB in the interim to prevent them from rushing out a rookie is still fine. This isn't exactly the draft to give up picks in, but people are too early in calling it the worst trade of all time or some shit. I don't think anyone said that about the RG3 trade...

Keeping my fingers crossed for a continued run on offenive players. Lions really need another elite defensive playmaker at all three levels

Jaguars are winning the AFC South next year

Next few picks should be Olinemen. Their pass blocking was OK but the garbage run blocking led to too many third and longs

Bortles will be in Cali training so hopefully he can match his 2015 performance

Anyways I hope us Falcons draft a new free safety. Ricardo Allen is alright but you can't leave him there for whole games. My man gets tired

TheValkyries

what in the FUCK were the Bears thinking?? Giving up that much for a QB when they just shelled out big money for a guy in the offseason? Rofl WHY.

Alright Browns you passed up on Trubisky fuck him he's a bum you're patient, youre cunning, you've got the VISION you don't need to be like these other panicking front offices who give up too much to reach for a QB. Look at you... you ended the day with three first round picks! Good on ya bud, now go out there and keep getting that goddam value. TRUST THE PROCESS.

you've got the VISION you don't need to be like these other panicking front offices who give up too much to reach for a QB. Look at you... you ended the day with three first round picks!
This would be more true if They haven't been making heart eyes at one particular QB for quite awhile.

All indications are that the patriots view Jimmy G as a potential Top 10 QB, (he might already be one) otherwise these reports of them turning down multiple high 1sts for him makes no sense.

As usual the Patriots are the ones pulling the strings of the entire NFL.

I Just don't see how this entire plan is going to come together with him being a Free agent next year.

Maybe Brady just retires when he wins his 6th next year after going 19-0 and winning MVP

Last edited:
Green Bay, again, fuck off. Pile of shit, middle-of-nowhere, bumfuck, snow tundra, cornfields. Stealing King from us. As if a kid from Oakland who played at Washington would be thrilled to play up there. Goddammit.

We got our DT though, so I'll get over it.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Green Bay, again, fuck off. Pile of shit, middle-of-nowhere, bumfuck, snow tundra, cornfields. Stealing King from us. As if a kid from Oakland who played at Washington would be thrilled to play up there. Goddammit.

We got our DT though, so I'll get over it.
I'm trying to figure out why green bay didn't just pick dalvin cook w pick 33 honestly.

TheValkyries

Oh NOOOOO the Bears picked a guy who at 17 years old talked about his fondness for liking boobs! What a morally depraved sack of shit! May the Bears be cursed for this transgression.

I mean it's gotta be the life choices of a teenager that makes the Bears bad not the spending of 14 million dollars on a backup QB and then giving up a kings ransom to move up 1 pick.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

And for the record: pretty sure the Bears won their last super bowl with a QB who would say that and more directly to cameras as an adult. So really what are we doing here?

Oh NOOOOO the Bears picked a guy who at 17 years old talked about his fondness for liking boobs! What a morally depraved sack of shit! May the Bears be cursed for this transgression.
shouldn't agents like, get paid to go through their clients social media accounts for shit like this once they declare for the draft? This tweet is going to haunt him for his entire career:

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)