SM Ubers Deal with it (PEAK #1)

Hello guys (and girls :p),​

i just wanted to share you a team that i made a very few time ago (as everyone in gen 7 i guess), and i want to introduce it to you just because it's good, and i hope it can help people. Moreover, i feel like improvements can be made, but i don't know what exactly, so i hope you'll be able to help me ! :)

Peak #1 (and #3 on this pic :p)

deal with it.jpeg

Let's see how I built it !

Team Building

1) I wanted to build around Life Orb Deoxys-A, because it has the power to get through a lot of things in the meta, has an incredible speed and access to a powerful prio move, so i chose to have it on my size rather than on the foe's.

deoxys-attack.png

2) One of the biggest nemesis of Deo-A is ExtremeKiller, with its priority that kills you while you can only deal him a few damage. That's why i selected Scarf Lunala, a powerful Revenge Killer overall, particularly to that pokemon i wanted to get rid of. Its immunity to Normal and Fighting makes it very important in the global team synergy, and its ability allows it to tank super strong hits.

deoxys-attack.png lunala.png

3) Those both pokes are weak to Ghost and Dark, that's why i wanted a hard Yveltal check that is so common at the moment. Magearna came to my mind, it's also an excellent Xerneas check, and globally annoying pokemon that i like a lot. Toxic immunity is also helpful against stall, and it bypasses Baton Pass with Heart Swap (that goes through Substitute !), so i feel confident with him in my back.

deoxys-attack.pnglunala.png Magearna.png

4) I still had a Ghost weakness, and Magearna brings a Ground weakness so I wanted a flying poke that could fill these both points. Yveltal was the perfect fit, it's one of the biggest threats in 7G, has a powerful priority, helps vs stall with Taunt and keeps a big pressure on the opponent if it can come often to the battle field.

deoxys-attack.png lunala.png Magearna.png yveltal.png

5) Yveltal is weak to Stealth Rocks and i had no way to remove them until there, moreover i had no real physical wall against Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, Ho-oh... That's why I took Waterceus as an addition to the team, being able to check these 3 pokes and a lot more. Defog helps a lot Lunala too, as when it's full HP it's super bulky.

deoxys-attack.png lunala.png Magearna.png yveltal.png Arceus-Water.png

6) Finally, i needed a Stealth Rock setter and one more sweeper could only be helpful at that point. Waterceus has an Electricity weakness as well as Yveltal, so adding an immunity could only be fine. There comes Primal Groudon, with an offensive SR set that I am going to detail right now !

deoxys-attack.pnglunala.png Magearna.png yveltal.png Arceus-Water.png pdon.png

In-depth Presentation

pdon.png

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Running max speed Primal Groudon could be seen as a meme, but it's actually a true beast ! It directly puts a huge pressure on the opponent with its colossal 459 Attack stat, stabbed Precipice Blades and sun-boosted + stabbed Fire Punch. It's my most usual lead, and it's particularly strong vs other Primal Groudons, as you know that you are faster or tie with them, and whatever happens you'll put a direct amount of damage. It's important to avoid him taking cheap damage during the match as it will be able to come back later and set Rocks up / keep hitting like a truck. It outspeeds some support Arceus forms that are not ready for this, and it become much complicated for them to check you in that case. An excellent set, that has a great surprise effect as most SR Pdon are defensive.

deoxys-attack.jpg

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed
- Low Kick

The team maker, the one that can threaten a whole team if not prepared, i named Deoxys-A. We all know his colossal speed and attack strength, with the Life Orb it's just deadly. I don't see any mon that can live 2 of his attacks bar Mega Sableye, and maybe full Def invested Yveltal but not quite sure. I used to run Ice Beam to take Yvel on the switch but i lose too much power on pokemons like Primal Kyogre, Darkceus, ExtremeKiller etc... for this option to be interesting. Just go to Magearna and wait for another opportunity to come in !​

yveltal.png

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

It's one of the pokes that got the most improved in gen 7 according to me. It still does the job it did in gen 6, plus now revenge killing Solgaleo and Lunala like nothing. It still has crazy power, can go through stall with Taunt and LO-boosted stabs, can Sucker Punch to finish a poke or just kill it... He is very important in the team, and can often pressure the opposing defogger if named Gira-O, Darkceus, Waterceus... Be aware of status though, because it terribly cripples it. I run max speed to tie with other 99's BS aka Xerneas and other Yveltal, and to outspeed pokes like Solgaleo, Lunala, the two Primals...

lunala.png

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

The set is self-explanatory, Modest to be as powerful as possible and help even against stally teams, Moongeist Beam as main stab, Moonblast to punish an Yveltal that would like to switch in (Ice Beam is also an option but i find Moonblast more interesting, especially vs Darkceus). Focus Blast deals a ton of damage to ExtremeKiller and goes through some Steel types, Psyshock is here as a filler to get a secondary stab but i don't use it much. Try to keep it at full HP as long as you can to benefit the Shadow Shield !​

Magearna.png

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap

Surely the MVP of the team. It checks so much things, this thing is to me an absolute beast. Pain Split is not a reliable recovery move, but it can help if the opponent puts too much pressure on you with a Specs Xerneas for example. Fleur Cannon is its overpowered Fairy stab, and it deals a nice amount of damage even to Primal Groudon that likes to switch in Magearna. This residual damage is very helpful against other balanced teams that struggle to recover ! Flash Cannon is the other stab, and does not imply a Sp Atk drop. Last but not least, Heart Swap is the move that permits Magearna to check GeoXern so well taking its boosts and often sweeping entirely the opponent's team, helped by Magearna's ability too.

Arceus-Water.png

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

Surely the best support Arceus form this gen, I wanted it very bulky for not being 2hko'd by any Physical Primal Groudon, checking Ho-oh very fine as well as Rayquaza and Mega Salamence. I needed the two moves in order to check all those threats, but i lose my matchups vs other support Arceus forms that run Toxic. Defog is mandatory, and it's its main job to help the team sweeping. Ice Beam deals cheap damage to Primal Groudon, but in conjunction with Magearna's ones, it becomes hard for him to do what he wants.
Threat List & Conclusion

This team struggles a lot with status in general, if the opposing team runs Toxic everywhere and has a way to put Magearna in bad situations it becomes difficult to win. That's why i've put LO Deo-A, to break through stally teams and create opportunities to get the sweep. For example, a support Arceus-Ground with Toxic is a terrible matchup, especially if it's faster than Yveltal.

So I think one of the ways to improve this team would be to find a Heal Beller/status absorber, I thought about CM RestTalk Primal Kyogre but I don't know instead of what mon this set could be effective. Otherwise, the team is very solid and checks most of the main threats of the metagame, just be careful about overpowered mons like Specs Xerneas/Lunala, or Z-Hypnosis Darkrai because it can't be Revenge Killed by Lunala after Z-Hypnosis and Nasty Plot.
Well I hope you were pleased to read that, I hope it will help people starting with SM Ubers ! :D

Importable : http://pastebin.com/WZPGinnA
I have for the moment a little peak at 1651, but this can go far further I think.

Please rate & comment ! :)

KyogreF4N

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
This is better than I thought it would be, but I do have a few suggestions to make to try and make this team more solid than it is. Starting with Primal Groudon.

Primal Groudon is a must have, but I feel you could do with toning it back on the offense here, and go with a more bulky spdef spread, to help vs Primal Kyogre, which is an immense threat to the team once primal groudon goes down, as it can 1v1 everything else on your team, with only taunt Yveltal being able to stop it from resting up as well. On top of this, Spdef Groudon fits better with the Waterceus-Magearna combo you have on your team, covering both of their weaknesses quite well, and giving you extra insurance vs a few pokemon like Salamence and Ekiller. Running Roar/Dragon Tail can also annoy bulkier teams. Given that you have a Xerneas answer already in Magearna, I'd go for Dragon Tail in that slot over fire punch, keeping Stone Edge to have some insurance against Ho-oh and Yveltal. Dragon Tail can also help you preserve Stealth Rock against some common defoggers.

Next up, your Deo-A spread is a tad weird. One of the main benefits Deo-A has is its ability to nuke stuff with a high powered Psycho Boost, and yet you're not running max SpA. An alternative spread of 136 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 120 Speed with a Naive nature outspeeds max speed neutral natured Pheromosa, and gives you more offense in both attack and special attack. Going + Speed is kinda iffy imo, as there are many Rash Deo-A and if you do occasionally run into opposing Naive Deo-A, its at best a speed tie, and you leave yourself doing a lot less damage in every other situation.

Finally, I feel like going Ice Beam over Moonblast on Lunala is wise, because it means you are more solid vs Rayquaza, Salamence and Zygarde, the latter two in particular being able to quite easily take Moonblasts, which you really dont like. Also Moonblast doesn't hit any Dark harder than either Focus Blast or Ice Beam does anyway.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your rate, can you give me a good defensive pdon spread ? I've never been able to find one any good :/
I will try the changes you suggest me, i guess you're perfectly right about deo-a, and yeah let's go ice beam, it's definitely important to be able to RK these mons :)

I'll tell you if i'm doing better !

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Given that you're relatively weak to ekiller, I'd say the old one of 248 HP 56 Def 204 SpDef with an Impish nature would probably be the best. If you do feel solid vs Ekiller, straight up max max in hp and spdef also works.

Update : the defensive changes didn't work, and i replaced Deo-a by Ho-oh, which is more reliable via regenerator's recovery and existent bulk. I run Choice Band set Adamant max attack/speed, with Sacred Fire/Brave Bird/Earthquake/Sleep Talk.
I also changed Judgement for Toxic on Arceus to deal better with stall and Primal Groudon.
Ice beam is indeed a better option than Moonblast on Lunala, thanks Aberforth.
I peaked first on ladder with that so I'm pretty happy with it :)

New importable : https://pastebin.com/0kzbu82Z

Cya !

Last edited:
Reactions: ckw
I think I am Very late to Post but I hope you will see this. I saw that you are weak to Extreme Killer and Some Status. First of all change Judgment to Toxic on WaterCeus then you can check Pdon better. And to check Ekiller and Status, I strongly recommend you to change your Deo-A to an Impish Nature 252 Atk / 136 HP / 124 Speed Mega Salamence with Roost, Dragon dance, return and Refresh. Mega Mence with Impish Def Bulk can check Ekiler and you can Absorb status and self-cure it by Refresh.

Hope I helped!

I have posted a new importable just above your post where i have toxic on waterceus and hooh > deo-a. I already tried mega salamence but it wasnt as good as hooh !

Okay, I Just saw that. It checks everything. Except Extreme Killer. I think Lunala can take a Hit when it is in Shadow Shield but You know about Hazards. Ekiller Shadow Claw is annoying. I also know Choice Scarf can out speed it but I think Focus Blast accuary isn't good. I got some Pokemon's for you. First is Scarf Landorus-T.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Intimidate can Lower Arceus attack by One Stage which means it can't OHKO now by Extreme Speed. Superpower can actually OHKO Arceus-Normal after Stealth Rock Damage. And you also got another Pdon check.

And now I got another Option for you. This doesn't need scarf because this thing already has Speed. This thing can work as a Stallbreaker after your Ho-Oh. What's that? Mega Gengar!

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast
- Hex
- Taunt

It can Will-O-Wisp Arceus-Normal. Then you can switch to Water Ceus and tank Ekiller's attack. Or you can kill it by Focus Blast. Hex takes advantage of Status and can hit everything except resistances. Taunt can stop non-attacks and acts as an efficient wallbreaker with the help of Shadow Tag.

Lunala also acts as a Mewtwo counter, which gengar does not (and Yveltal takes far too much from Ice beam to be a reliable check). Tbh Ekiller can't setup for free on anything, and the damage that it takes on the turn it sets up allows most of the time Lunala to revenge kill with Psyshock.

Thank you for the rate, and don't hesitate to test and modify the team ! :)

Yeah I'll agree with that but I think you already have a Mewtwo check. Magearna is a good Mewtwo Check right??? Mhm Fire Blast can be annoying but try Scarf Landorus-T with U-Turn and switch to Magearna. That way you can check Mewtwo and I also think that Mewtwo with LO is not Common these days. Extreme Killer is common now. So try to have a check for ekiller. I think you are right again because Lunala can resist Extreme Speed cause it is a ghost-type. I am just worrying about Focus Blast but it is ok. Just make careful plays, and Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)