The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh NOOOOO the Bears picked a guy who at 17 years old talked about his fondness for liking boobs! What a morally depraved sack of shit! May the Bears be cursed for this transgression.

I mean it's gotta be the life choices of a teenager that makes the Bears bad not the spending of 14 million dollars on a backup QB and then giving up a kings ransom to move up 1 pick.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

And for the record: pretty sure the Bears won their last super bowl with a QB who would say that and more directly to cameras as an adult. So really what are we doing here?
I was more memeing Trubisky for his tweets from high school than being serious about how the Bears were doomed but if you want me to actually be serious and not be allowed to have fun,
the Bears massively reached for Trubisky. They do need a QB but it's pretty evident that this year's class of QBs is mediocre and all of them will take more than one year to be a viable starter and they needed more immediate defensive help and Solomon Thomas, Jonathon Allen, and Reuben Foster could've all been taken and they would've all made an immediate difference for da Bears but instead they want Mike Glennon to mentor Trubisky?

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
lol when people care about what somebody says on twitter. that's a good one. Its ok almost half of america didn't this past election :)

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I've been reading Cian Fahey's QB Catalogue the past few days and it's so goddam good. It digs super deep into what specifically makes a quarterback good or bad and avoids cliched platitudes that you hear all the time like "can make all the throws" or "stands tall in the pocket". He also breaks down how a lot of metrics we use are kinda shite and miss bigger picture shit (like how Cam Newton works an an offense that has him throwing the ball 21+ yards more often than he throws behind or to the line of scrimmage which makes his completion percentage plummet ESPECIALLY because his recievers drop the ball a buttload).

It has breakdowns of QB accuracy to each section of the field how often they throw to various sections of the field and how they compare to the rest of the league. A+ good shit. Definitely recommend if you wanna really nerd out about football.

I've been reading Cian Fahey's QB Catalogue the past few days and it's so goddam good. It digs super deep into what specifically makes a quarterback good or bad and avoids cliched platitudes that you hear all the time like "can make all the throws" or "stands tall in the pocket". He also breaks down how a lot of metrics we use are kinda shite and miss bigger picture shit (like how Cam Newton works an an offense that has him throwing the ball 21+ yards more often than he throws behind or to the line of scrimmage which makes his completion percentage plummet ESPECIALLY because his recievers drop the ball a buttload).

It has breakdowns of QB accuracy to each section of the field how often they throw to various sections of the field and how they compare to the rest of the league. A+ good shit. Definitely recommend if you wanna really nerd out about football.
I'm assuming one can't just find and read it online for the reasonable price of free?

Cian Fahey's QB Catalogue the past few days and it's so goddam good.
I find that this guy judges QBs based on how aesthetically appealing their throws are and tends to ignore their overall game.

Needless to say this means he has a huge hard on for Aaron Rodgers

PFF>

TheValkyries

I'm interested in knowing which qb is considered the best currently by that particular source. Seems like it's extremely detailed and covers many angles other comprehensive metrics just don't cover. Care to share?
Aaron Rodgers. From his stupid god-tier in-pocket footwork that constantly releverages the pass rush in favor of his o-line to his ability to fit the ball accurately into tight windows at every level of the field, even when throwing from unstable footing.

And Pretzels while the unstable footing is usually a sign of the negative for most QBs when Rodgers throws its still being thrown accurately so it's kinda like "this would be a problem except it's not so don't overthink it." Also PFF had great stats but their QB rankings always blew for their subjective grades.

Also for accuracy reference Rodgers worst ranking against his peers was 7th to the various levels of the field.

He also did the QB rankings for Bleacher Report last season so you can see his full "grade" ratings for last season here.

Last edited:
noticing how accurate cam newton is at long range is kind of...unexpected. So is Brady being #20 at 21+
I also tend to hate his evals because of how wrong (and i mean really wrong) he has shown to be about Tom Brady and his inability to admit that Rodgers isn't the God people make him out to be.

You can juxtapose the last 3 paragraphs of these 2 articles He wrote about Brady after his 2013 season and Rodgers after his 2015 season when they were each coming off down years (due almost entirely to their poor supporting casts), to get a better idea of how I think his biases factor in.

Brady

Rodgers

Its just my opinion but I prefer PFF because it doesn't really take ones opinions into play.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

Nah it depends on what you're talking about with Brady. Cian thinks Brady is the best ever at diagnosing coverages pre snap and is transcendent at adjusting to disguises post snap. He consistently says he's one of the best decision makers in the NFL. Cian is just down on Brady's athleticism/arm strength which I mean... he's not wrong. Like xJownage said it's surprising to see Brady being low on the deep ball but Brady has never had the arm strength for the deep ball and his accuracy to the 10-20 yard range this season was supernatural and not something we'd ever seen before. Brady's greatest strength is his diagnosis and his versatility of responsibility and that consistently comes through in his evaluations of Brady. I mean he literally had him ranked 2nd best this season only behind Rodgers who is in fact a quarterback talent freak of nature in his prime.

Basically Pretzels you're a homer. This shocks: no one.

TheValkyries

P.s. Underrated stat line in that chart I posted: QB of the future Carson Wentz was 80% on screen passes. What an astounding talent he is. I'm sure the Browns regret not picking this franchise QB in the making last year.

P.s. Underrated stat line in that chart I posted: QB of the future Carson Wentz was 80% on screen passes. What an astounding talent he is. I'm sure the Browns regret not picking this franchise QB in the making last year.
I think he'll be great next year while the browns continue to drown in a pool of mediocrity

EA's doing top 16 matches on Madden right now. It's nice to kill it for now.

Fans of the other 31 teams must be so far beyond sick of Tommy by now.

Are there any other relevant players in this league?
Without Peyton in the league, Gronk getting always hurt, the same for JJ Watt... The stars are dwindling.

Maybe Von Miller may be in the cover next time, but if he wasn't after being SB MVP... Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)