Pokémon GO

Now a little thought.
My campus has a lot of Aipom. I wonder why are they so common in biome around campuses. Because Niantic thinks we students are idiots?

they are just common... and as annoying to catch as Murkrow, still not as bad as finding, that 2 of your local nests, are sentret and Hoothoot.... :(

breh

強いだね
I've only seen a couple. I'm kind of annoyed cause I want to at least get 50 candies for the damn thing for whenever ambipom comes out.

After the x2 XP event I kind of quit playing for the most part. The only thing I still do is spinning one stop per day and redeeming coins. The game just has nothing to offer a level 33 player anymore. It becomes tedious, boring and unrewarding. Might start playing actively again as soon as Hoenn gets released. Or move tutors. Until then, bye Pokémon GO :(

I'm getting fed up of certain aspects.. rubbish abras/tyrogue hatches especially, I need hitmonchan, hatched 4 tyrogue (all under 80%) half have has possibility of Hitmonchan, instead I have 3 hitmonlee and 1 Hitmontop.. stupid.
same with Abra.. hatched getting on for 10, not one even reached 80%

great random out of towner has taken down on of our level 8 gyms.. and then put a blissey in.. what is wrong with their own towns gyms, this is what annoys me the most, hard work on those gyms blocking spoofers, randomer takes it, meaning the entire cycle of BS starts again.

speaking of BS, when are Ninatic going to make prestiging not be ruined by someone putting something in the gym. (lower cp poke means you end up registering as half of that one instead)

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
grass event soon, looking forward to getting hoppip (for jumpluff) and a couple chikorita. tangela for tangrowth will be nice, too.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Lures also last 6 hours so if you want to grind in a particular spot for exp / stardust, you may do so. Just be wary of the 500 Pokemon a day limit.

This mini event won't propel me to 40 but it will help me on the dust side a bit.

After the x2 XP event I kind of quit playing for the most part. The only thing I still do is spinning one stop per day and redeeming coins. The game just has nothing to offer a level 33 player anymore. It becomes tedious, boring and unrewarding. Might start playing actively again as soon as Hoenn gets released. Or move tutors. Until then, bye Pokémon GO :(
This game is shit, so great job realising that. :) Just delete it and save yourself the needless addiction.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
That doesn't change anything. Most spoofing apps are installed through 3rd party means.

They have 2 very simple solutions that can erase the majority of spoofing but they fail to do so:

1) Elimination of the softban bypass (40 stops or 40 balls dropped to the ground)
2) Checking for Pokemon location when catching the Pokemon

The only thing that would be left would be local spoofing. Sniping dies due to this and getting gyms across the globe requires obscene amounts of wait time if you want to slot.
Niantic seems to have implemented #2 as regular sniping is now kill when every Pokemon flees on you when you go snipe it. Seems to be correlated with the softban issues people were experiencing during the beginning of the Grass event.

So you can rest assured that future spoofers and bot accounts have to spend much more work getting candies for certain mons and getting 100%s of the top 7. Spoofing is still alive and well unfortunately but this is a start.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
I know sniping works for some people but most are already enduring softbans and waiting for workarounds to be found. While it is true that the game could be more fun, Niantic is ultimately just patching a loophole.

breh

強いだね
Out of curiosity, anybody seeing tangela? I've seen 0 so far but a good enough chunk of everything else... I'm genuinely curious if this is a weird location based thing or what.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
The event is very biome dependent; a lot of areas aren't even getting the event itself. Meanwhile I am seeing hundreds of Tangela here in Florida.

breh

強いだね
Is there any particularly noteworthy use for lure modules? I have 9 of them built up since more or less the start of the game and I'm tempted to just dump them in the local park since... I can't think of anything else.

is solarbeam / razor leaf meganium worth anything?

oh, and finally hit level 30 \o/

e: also finally hatched a porygon while simultaneously hatching a phanpy (now 34 candy) and mareep (now 48 candy; 15/14/15!!)... and ofc a pineco. only dnite remains in kanto dex :)

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Is there any particularly noteworthy use for lure modules? I have 9 of them built up since more or less the start of the game and I'm tempted to just dump them in the local park since... I can't think of anything else.

is solarbeam / razor leaf meganium worth anything?

oh, and finally hit level 30 \o/
If you're with a group use them to get some mons / exp and a fun time. Otherwise yeah just use them up lol, they're gonna have the same purpose regardless.

Meganium is just a prestiger and Solarbeam / Razor Leaf are good moves to prestige with. If it's too high of a prestiger just dump it or something.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
If they keep CP, only worthwhile defenders will be Metagross and Salamence. Aggron barely breaks 3000 and Gardevoir maxes at like half of 2900, which means they suffer from "I am below Vaporeon CP"-itis. Donphan never made it in the meta so neither will those 2.

Attacking wise we'll get those + Blaze / Walrein / Flygon / Swampert and some other cool things I've forgetting.

I want Hoenn as much as the next guy, but CP needs to be done away with lol.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I guess that there will have to be some alterations or at least additions to the battling mechanics come Gen III anyway, due to the way Abilities influence Pokémon designs from there on. Otherwise, I'd imagine Slaking to be pretty broken, and Shedinja to be a complete pushover.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
It's widely agreed that it's Vaporeon; its CP is very close to Blissey's final and a huge step up (almost 200 CP) from the next best thing, in addition to its easy access to everyone out there.

If you want a true CP cushion just default to Tyranitar lol, but the big 7 have stayed the same since the gen 2 release.

Blissey isn't the cushion because of its CP, its the cushion because hardly anyone bothers shaving it out, therefore you are safe being above it.. one of our local gyms gets shaved by enemies all the time(people parking up, getting lifts etc..) now there is a Blissey on the bottom, people don't bother.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
How the hell was Lapras not good at defending gyms lol. It's a top 10 Defender; its CP is garbage which doesn't allow it to be placed in gyms unfortunately but its raw tank ability is high up like Steelix and Slowbro/king. The thing was an S rank defender pre CP changes. Nowadays it's tailored to be the most efficient Dragonite stack killer.

A lot of people shave off Blissey to put their Dragonite / Tyranitar and form the CP stacks we see nowadays, so your argument has literally no water phalanx

Vaporeon remains the best pure Water type by a huge margin, largely accessible to players and is the gatekeeper to the gym meta. It's nowhere near as prevalent as the past but that doesn't discount its entry barrier; you will rarely see Espeon / Donphan in baby gyms (because they take too much to power up and get shaved off) but Vaporeon is p common in those. Eventually Vaporeon WILL drop off the top CP chart, followed by Blissey, followed by Gyarados, etc. until it reaches Tyranitar only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)