Pokémon GO

breh

強いだね
When I saw lapras in gyms when it was still popular, it was always a really really easy Pokemon for me to kick out because all of its attacks were NVE vs. my army of arcanines. Regardless of CP, at that point, it was much harder to deal with dragonite due to the scarcity of ice types.

my good machoke evolved into a bullet punch / cc machamp. at least not bp / heavy slam like I feared but I'm sad to not get double fighting. it's still viable against blissey, right? I don't even know if that combo outdamages the legacy karate chop / cross chop machamp I've been using up til now vs. blissey...

Anecdotally, I've noticed a lot more diverse gyms since the spoofer fixes. It's the first time in a while I've seen more than one slot occupied by people under level 25 and also the first time in a while the local gym hasn't been an instinct gym dominated by like 10 blissey.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I never see a Lapras defending a gym... Stone Edge and other type weaknesses/neutralities that Vaporeon do not have hinder it, regardless of CP

Many people would use multiples of the same top 5 than Go all the way down to # 10th best...
If you think it's too much to power up Donphan, isn't Lapras even rarer? How hard is it to power it up if you cannot get candy very often? Walking? Not efficient, may as well catch a common Eevee and pray for Vaporeon when you evolve it. Donphan at least has Fairy moves to take on Dragonite and Counter to hit Snorlax and Blissey and Rhydon. Lapras is hard to use against Snorlax, Blissey and Rhydon with Stone Edge.

Sure, if by pure water you mean Water as the only type. The other waters being compared are Gyarados and Lapras, which are 2 types. Gyarados has much higher Attack and can hit Vaporeon with neutral Dragon moves, (helping mitigate Vaporeon's superior bulk and Vaporeon's resisted Water moves off of a lower Attack Stat).
Lapras puts up a fight against Vaporeon, as Blizzard is hard to dodge, but Vaporeon can out CP it, which means a max Vaporeon vs a max Lapras will win in battle because the difference of 600 CP is noticeable when it includes higher Defense.

Anyways, Lapras was good for the sole purpose of Dragonite, it still had to be wary of Rhyperior's Stone Edge (something Vaporeon doesn't worry about), and was countered by the same Fighting Pokémon that plagued Snorlax (Machamp). I agree, it was a good Dragonite killer, but Vaporeon did everything else much better, and Gyarados can handle Dragonite with its own Dragon moves. Even legacy move Gyarados with Dragon Breathe and Dragon Pulse was often enough for Gyarados to take on Dragonite.

Lapras has 1 purpose, Gyarados and even Rhydon (Stone Edge) can take on Dragonite, while also handling other Pokémon

P.S. I never see Slowking or Steelix, both are easy to deal with as Slowking gets handled by Tyranitar/Gyarados with Bite/Crunch, while Steelix is hurt by Gyarados (like a perfect counter as it resists the STAB moves and packs Hydro Pump), and Vaporeon as well.

Lapras is okay Vs Steelix if it can get the Water Gun/Hydro Pump moveset, but it takes neutral from its Steel moves, and at that point why not just use Vaporeon?

I would rather have a gym of 10 max Blisseys than a gym of 10 max Tyranitars for my color team. A challenger can use so many Pokémon to handle Tyranitar, including Vaporeon, Rhydon, Donphan, Gyarados, etc. but Blissey takes so much time that the counter may run out. My gym would last longer with Blisseys and that's why Blissey is the benchmark.

While Lapras used to be good at Dragonite, Machamp and Heracross are good at Blissey and Snorlax, and typically are used because she is mandatory to take down.
Not sure why everything I said flew over your head, but...

Lapras as a raw defender is good. It's top 10 statistically, and you can go run the tests yourself and see all the data on that if you want (this is where I also group Steelix, Slowbro/king, who suffer the same issue). Its CP is too low (as with the others) for the current meta, which means it will never place. This is the biggest issue with it.

CP means nothing in combat except in gym placement, so I'm not sure why you mention it as if a Pokemon with a huge CP difference is going to change anything. A maxed out Umbreon takes many more hits than a maxed out Dragonite despite the gargantuan 1000+ CP difference. In the same vein, Lapras's CP means fuck all when it is (once again, statistically) the best Dragonite stack killer in the game. You can use the aforementioned Pokemon (Gyarados and Rhydon) to tackle a variety of Pokemon, this is true, but Lapras' niche and specialty comes in killing Dragonite stacks, which Gyarados and Rhydon can do but will ultimately die faster than Lapras will. Most top players that value their Potions will assuredly have a Lapras to murder these gyms in minutes.

I understand that Blissey IS the best Pokemon in the game defensively (and the most Potion efficient Pokemon offensively), but go take a look at evolved gym metas in places with many high level players. I guarantee you that you will not see Blissey, for the entry barrier of gyms is 3300+ and this is Dragonite / Tyranitar territory. They are easy gyms to kill, no doubt, but it means nothing when the current purpose of gym stacking is for players to cash out (rather than build sturdy gyms), and thus anything with a lower CP than the pseudos will be purged out. Hence why Vaporeon is the benchmark.

How do you tell what level a trainer in a gym is?
I would say as long as you routinely beat a Blissey before the counter or before Blissey beats you (Dazzling Gleam is a powerful move when super effective), then that's all that matters.
I have even struggled to get my 100 IV Vaporeon to face Blissey before the counter expires. Sometimes it takes multiple Dragonites or Tyranitars over 3,100 because Dazzling Gleam hits hard. Dodging can't be done 100% of the time, and it shows!

Does Mahamp typically get the job done? If so, then that's all you really need, although I cannot wait for a damn Blaziken!

Tell me if you can face my best defender:
The Trainer Level is behind the trainer name.

The best Blissey killers are 1) the Fighters (Machamp and the inferior Heracross) who do it quickly but take a lot of damage and 2) the raw DPS people (Dragonite and Tyranitar mainly) who beat Blissey much more slowly but end up with more health and being able to take on Blissey stacks better than the Fighting-types can. Vaporeon does ok as well but you run the risk of timing out with it.

Broken image btw

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Lapras had the 4th highest CP of all non legendary Pokemon (behind Arcanine, Snorlax, and Dragonite in that order) pre CP changes in November. It was everywhere in the meta by virtue of its CP alone, and the 2nd best defender behind Snorlax due to the scarcity of types to hit it super effectively (the best counter was Arcanine due to resistance to most of its moves, and Machamp who had bad damage output and a lot of squishyness). What you saw is not anecdotal to its true effectiveness.

Your list of attackers is nice and all but the same can be said for the rest of the Pokemon, and guess what, Lapras's pool of answers was less than those of every other top defender (Dragonite, Snorlax, Arcanine, Exeggutor).

Umbreon doesn't deal damage that much lol, the comparison was to show that CP means nothing when it comes to raw stats and defending ability. Dragonite will deal more damage than Umbreon due to DTail's ridiculous damage output but Umbreon itself will take way more hits.

Grats on that I guess...? I recommend looking at stagnant areas which is where shaving is enabled. Blissey does not last as its CP is not enough to sustain Dragonite and Tyranitar stacks. Blissey's defensive ability is what makes players put her in gyms, but all is naught to the hands of shaving.

I worded that last sentence weirdly. Vaporeon is the benchmark for low level gyms, later on it is expunged alongside every other CP behemoth until we get to Dragonite and Tyranitar.

This is my best defender statistically:

A maxed out level 39 Blissey with the best defensive moveset. She is not the defender I can rely on to stay in gyms, because I have to stack her with other Blissey or pray I find a weak gym and throw her in the middle or something.

This is my most reliable defender:

A maxed out level 39 Dragonite because it stays in gyms. It crowns anything that's not Tyranitar or level 40 Dragonite.

This is what happens in areas where this CP benchmark is met:

That's a maxed out level 39 Dragonite at the bottom of a gym because the competition is that hard to get to in certain areas. Nothing lasts when CP order and shaving exists, which eclipses true defensive Pokemon (such as the best, Blissey).

Maybe this hasn't happened in areas where you regularly spoof to, but rest assured that the creep has found itself where I live and having Dragonite in abundance is what helps me stay in gyms.

we had lots of Lapras in gyms before the CP event, one would spawn, and within a day they were in all the gyms, and they were actually broken defenders here due to rarity of fighting and fire types here, I had to use Magneton to get rid.

no, just forever we had a period where Lapras spawned in the same spot a week or so apart, way back before the CP changes for everything else. nothing spawned that countered it, ended up nuking it with Parasect before I got enough Magnamites.. before then we had ALL fightings as rare, all rocks as rare, all fires as rare
Articuno will get outclassed by Mamoswine though.

not a fan of this limitation thing, there are JUST enoughg yms to go around, and I like sticking particular pokemon in a particular gym (so I know if I lost the gym I know where), one I went too had multiple Rhydon.. where I happen to also put my Rhydon... that has higher CP, I would be very annoyed if I couldn't place my Rhydon in there as a result.

How do you tell what level a trainer in a gym is?
I would say as long as you routinely beat a Blissey before the counter or before Blissey beats you (Dazzling Gleam is a powerful move when super effective), then that's all that matters.
I have even struggled to get my 100 IV Vaporeon to face Blissey before the counter expires. Sometimes it takes multiple Dragonites or Tyranitars over 3,100 because Dazzling Gleam hits hard. Dodging can't be done 100% of the time, and it shows!

Does Mahamp typically get the job done? If so, then that's all you really need, although I cannot wait for a damn Blaziken!

Tell me if you can face my best defender:
http://imgur.com/a/fb5bY

Spoofing still works, nothing stops you from spinning for items (like revives so you can replenish Gyms you conquer), and you can still teleport to spots. Just yesterday I tested the spoofing, I caught a Dragonite. Here is what changed: you get soft banned when you teleport to a Pokémon, then you just run to a nearby Pokestop by the Pokémon and spin it 40 times, maybe even get an Ultra Ball or good Berry. Then you run to the Dragonite and catch it since it processes the 40 spins as "this location is okay", and are just fine!
It Soft bans you when you teleport back to your real location, which is solved by spinning 40 times at your local pokestop that you can run or teleport to. :)
I read some news and can't help but saying 40 spins sounds like a trap set by Ntic. Good for them, I never liked cheaters.

Also, I had the experience of facing multiple walls set by an opposing raid group, all by myself. This one looks delicious for my Godzilla and wall breaker, and yes, I have the experience to dodge all the charges (I only fail to dodge the shines with slower attacks I'm unfamiliar with, but mastered Counter dodge).

I had literally walked off a mountain to find a very secret, hidden gym. I just hope I don't need to walk there again just to feed my Vappy to keep her in gym. Maybe if they make incentive for breaking gyms instead....

I agree, feeding stuff in gyms would be very annoying and time consuming, probably 3 hours to feed everything.

soft bans are a flawed system, Ninatic need to fix it to prevent people getting soft banned by accident.

Totally agree. Also it seems like cheating apps got disabled as of today. No worries, getting 21 candy from that Dragonite just in time helps me raise them to a few more levels!

Also, again, I only snipes because the game is too hard to feel worth my time. I don't even keep all of my good catches, I released so many for the candy. Having to walk 5KM for 1 single Larvitar candy seems super annoying when it requires 8 to level up once... that's 40 KM for 1 level. That's why people snipe, not just for gyms, but to save walking distance and time, so they can do other things...
I always think this is to be played while walking and not doing anything such as walking to campus. Still can't agree.

I am currently having Larvitar buddy to raise my Godzilla. I had walked 155 km for previous one and nearly 200 km for my another reserve. You can't get everything in instant (unless cheating).

In fact, this limitation keeps the number of available monsters in check. We have no means of compulsory removal of strong mon aside of people quitting (and it'd be contrary to Pokémon's essence anyway) and would head to saturation. Impatient people like you worsens it. Look at SF.

At least I still get the exhilaration of facing wild dragons. 2 caught last week, too bad I was a coward to not use Pinap.

My best mon as of now is that sole 'zilla, and he's 10/14/15 (at least with best moves). I have however heard someone with 60 dragons and he's only using scanner, and I can't imagine arsenal of spoofers....

Last edited:
How big a jump in distance does there have to be to trigger softban? My Sunday Go game is sitting in my local church-that-happens-to-be-a-pokestop after services are over and racking up spins.

breh

強いだね
It's a fitness app. 40 km is 8 days; that's not even that bad... The only real excuse you have to cheese out walking for this game is being disabled.

I'm in SF Bay Area, so I know. It's not about impatience it is simply the math. If 10KM is over 6 miles, and you need to walk 40 KM to get 8 candy? That's 24 miles to raise a Tyranitar 1 level. And that does not include the other Tyranitar or even anything else since you can only have 1 Walking Buddy at a time.

I raised my Magicarp to Gyarados this way, so I am willing to put in the work, but it is a fair and legitimate concern that 24 miles of walking is just enough to raise a Tyranitar 1 level.
Now you know already, yet you still....

As said, you can't get everything instantly. Escalating need to power up is a game design to make it easier for younglings to catch up the veteran players and to slow down meta game saturation by high distances to achieve like this 40km = 1 lv. But cheating quickens the saturation and you saw that yourself. You saw how horrible the metagame is. Also, like breh said this is a fitness app. You have to walk that off, and I surely did with no excuses.

I dont even think about candies as he's now lv 30 and I up him only when he's KOed to save me a revive piece.

I don't mind either, but when you have other things to do, adding distance isn't always viable. most of the people here use a car to do gyms, or do gyms etc when waiting, this is going to be a nightmare with pokemon restrictions as the gym I have my dragonite in is now 5x Dragonite after the blissey on the bottom was removed and replaced by a dragonite.

No, the point is that they make it endless. You only go up half a level, I just remember it's always .5, so it's really 80 KM, or 48 miles for 1 level.

It's not about being lazy, if you go to school or work full time (AKA not having a bunch of free time), say you wake up at 7:30am get to work by 8:30 am, finish work by 5:00 pm, get home by 6:00 pm, have dinner and finish by 7:00 pm, and by that time are too tired (or the weather is raining) to go walk 6 miles a day for 8 days unless you dedicate 6 miles a day to just the weekends, which means 2 days a week for 1 month, so leveling up 1 Pokémon 1 level a month.

And don't you hate it when you walk but forget to have Pokémon Go up, (it only counts if it is active, if you had it running but another app is used and you forget to switch it back to Pokémon Go it doesn't count your walking).

Again, I don't mind walking, but if they made it 1-3 KM per Pokémon, it would be more fair.
For people like myself who have full time work/school or both (online/night classes). All these things require 1 thing: sitting.
Homework also requires sitting.
It's not like colleges offer evening P.E. walking/running classes for a degree.
Partly no. Yes, they make it endless to make it stay relevant, but no, that's also to limit influx of monsters.
I make those distance as I walk to my campus and see that at least a 5km egg hatches daily. If one wants to stay healthy one have to be willing to spend their time jogging, which is what the game is for. A teacher mentioned my horrible fitness before and now I get better since I started walking. And I'm well aware that there are times I have too much homework on my hands.

Daily business is no excuse. If you want to play without patience or willing to move, may as well just buy a 3DS and get the main games. At least I play patiently.

I know these monsters I'm walking for are strong, so I think my walks are paid off and I'm satisfied even if you think otherwise on your scale.

I have just had to replace pokemon in gyms AGAIN, first one to spoofer and second to, what looks like, some sore losers who lost a gym and trashed everything and left everything grey, and by the looks of the distance traveled between 3 gyms.. spoofers (3 minutes to travel less then 100m.. then less time to travel nearly 800m), half these instances of spoofing could be fixed by giving us a message in reports about who and when.... honestly... ONE message in reports would mean evidence in areas like rural parks, late night gym taking, where you cant go and see... and they can't hide behind making gyms grey either.

Is there any word on adding spawn spots for rural players? I live in a 5km radius of a mountain, lake, forest and meadow, places you'd think Pokemon would appear near in real life, and I have to drive at least 15km's to town just to spawn a fucking Sentret.

It depends on how busy you are. Working full time plus school is like 60 hours a week (including homework). I know it is to encourage people to walk, but many others agree with me and they show that by quitting the game altogether, not just because there isn't much to do, but because there is little reward for big efforts. The game is less used than it was back in December, before Gen 2 was released, and during the winter when it was too cold. (in part because of the November changes and the baby eggs, but still... if it is less popular than it was then, clearly the game doesn't feel worth it).

The only way to like the game is to always have it on when you are walking anyway, like an added bonus to reward your fitness walks/jogs for egg and buddy walking, but if you play the game for the gyms, and catching Pokémon to collect stardust it feels like you are not getting enough. It's not just time or effort, it's the pay off at the end. As someone who puts in 60 hours/week, it's almost offensive to suggest I am "lazy" or don't try hard enough. When I get home have dinner and finish homework, it's a little too late to Wonder around the area safely to play Pokémon go at 10 pm.
Then I must be a strange one. I sure am also not patient on things, but I don't pay attention on what I need and just go with what I have collected. I play gyms when I can especially in my campus and try to collect dusts for more solid teams and I feel that's good enough.

This is indeed fitness app. I understand difficulty for the busy ones, but that's how it's meant to be played. I'll still stand on the my belief to obey the TOS with no excuse. You have seen the awful saturation yourself, and I have seen some myself here. I don't want to see this devolve to game of spoofers, unless Ntic suddenly change it so.

And although I live in right biome, I don't have a page full of dragons. I only have caught around 11, only one stayed as main attacker (not even good IV either), 2 defends. Only has one good Blissey I use to attack. And proud of Vaporeon division while others now don't regard them much with greater monsters.

Although maybe part of my reason is because I know better about strategies and am proud to stay pure (this place is ridiculously stained by multi).

In my area everything is spread out, so an hour+ walk to the farthest gym isn't always viable.. and those gyms are just to claim for 10. because there is nothing else, and there are 4 gyms there, I have 3 near my house... and 1 in between those meaning 8. the furthest 4 are only really doable during the day (inside a large unlit park) but is a nest (crap atm) remained solid, and 1 gym is 10, going back to the lot near my house, another gym is a further 7-8 minutes depending if I have to go from the small gym cluster, or from my house directly... and my final owned gym is another good 20-30 minutes away.
there is another 15 minutes away and another 20 minutes away, all the work put in here gets ruined by someone who puts junk in the gyms in the park at silly o clock, if they get removed, regardless if the gym owned by their team.. one gym is always mystic (possibly spoofer filled due to antics tonight and that gym is level 3... and was only knocked out between 9 and 12..... and I think I know which person it was given the names in there 1 was there before) It isn't really a fitness app, most people cover the gyms around here by car. and I get rather annoyed at pathetic spoofers and other cowards who are ruining the hard work of players through cheating and greed, or revenge over a lost gym... some of those pokemon in these gyms belonged to kids. something Ninatic need to sort out.

but yea I walk to all these gyms and claim 10.. I earned my right to claim for those 10. fed up of spoofers and other people ruining it, and if Niantic go ahead with this stupid idea of species restrictions, I will have to put up with my own team as well as they pile on dragonites, and the area is so strong it isn't unrealistic that I will end up having to put things on the bottom of gyms I have owned for months because Dragonites, Snorlax, Rhydons and Gyarados slots are already taken.
oh and in case you are wondering... 10 gyms with 9 different Species, so it isn't like I can just switch up a load,or use something else, it will start to mean having to put my attacking vaporeon or Gyarados in there.

also the spoofer I reported a month ago has ended up creating instinct towers where there wasn't any due to spoofing, and because Valor had to remove Mystic (spoofer also had that account)

I agree it isn't a fitness app. You have to stop every time you catch a Pokémon near a gym or pokestop, because if you continue to walk while you attempt to catch it, you have walked too far to spin or challenge the gym.

People have to challenge gyms, either other teams, or worse their own (because it's slower to prestige than challenge another team's gym), rematching, running to get revives from neighboring Pokestops, etc. and could be well over half an hour, especially if they have low cp so you can't get many points per win. A fitness app wouldn't have you stand still or sit at a bench for 30+ minutes straight. I feel bad for people trying to get anywhere near 10 gyms when they have 6 or less. It could be several 30 minute sessions of grinding.

I think they should introduce the daycare system, where you drop off 2 Pokémon, (and if you have 2 compatible Pokémon) create an egg from a male and female (or use Ditto) while you walk, during the process you also get to level them up so you can multi-task by earning Stardust, experience, and candy from each egg hatched from breeding, and save on having to divide the limited number of stardust by having 2 Pokémon level up by just walking. It would match the game in concept, yet fit the limitations of the app.

It would also be cool for getting better IV Pokémon, as hopefully when breeeding happens, one gender can pass on Attacks, and another can pass on IVs.

For example, Nidoking may pass on its attacks, while Nidoqueen passes on IVs, you walk 5 KMs and they raise an Egg, as they grow 1 level each. You can then hatch the egg and get more candy, stardust, exp. just like you would a normal egg.
This would save on "just one Pokémon at a time".

Also, are there different levels of sniping? I heard of Bots. Are those automated bots that challenge gyms or constantly walk to hatch eggs and gain candy from buddy Pokemon?

For me sniping is just teleporting to a Pokemon's whereabouts to catch it. No gaurantee on its IVs, Moveset, or level, it could be a Level 3 Tyranitar with 0 IVs and a terrible movepool at 150 CP. Basically I get candy out of it and a little stardust and that's it as I wouldn't waste stardust or candy on it to max it out when I can hope to hatch a larvitar with better IVs.

Sniping also means teleporting to a gym.

I don't see the harm. If I am indoors and know a gym is a 30 minute drive away from my home, but don't want to sit at a bench in a park during the rain (if it's too far to just challenge the gym from your car), at 10 pm, it's not much different than driving there and challenging the gym, except I can avoid getting sick and running into creeps in the park...
I hope people know that you still have to catch Pokémon the same way, Ultra Balls, Berries, and they may run away.
You still have to spend time on gyms, challenging and reviving and re-challenging over and over.

The only easy part is not having to travel, it doesn't mean I have caused an auto-win condition.

I think in the beginning people thought of sniping as putting a Pokémon into a gym when someone else has been doing all the challenges and you just take that open spot away from them. Niantic should notify trainers that they have reached the next gym level threshold so they can leave the gym battle instead of continuing the challenge while someone walks by and take the spot before the original trainer finished their battle. Only reservations available are when you defeat a different team gym and it becomes neutral... but with just under a minute, you better have some revives.
No, the candy you get from sniping counts. Snipers can build armies easier than I do. As I said, someone with scanner alone can have 60 dragons. While I've met only 12 in my life in the same biome. The metagame still gets nudged toward saturation quicker with these kind of spoofers. And I still believe this is still unfair advantage.

And spoofers can get healing supply easier as they don't need to walk to get stops. At least I'm lucky to have decent number of stops in where I study, but I see people from rural area has given up because they don't have the supply to fight too. You still call your reason is justified?

I'm also busy, but Arceus forbid that I cheat. If one wants to play something, one has to spend time for it, or don't. That's why I rarely touch my Moon lately and open GO only on my way to campus.

I'm not even getting to the TOS that specifically say not to cheat and people agree with that if they want to play it.

yea and Niantic does nothing, one of those gyms I retook is instinct level 7.. containing a spoofer I reported over a month ago, and yet another gym was greyed from 10 to 0, that hadn't been touched for months, I am honestly sick of how many ways a spoofer can hide due to Niantics not adding things like battle reports in journal... they can't hide, they can't be a coward, they cant teleport around unrealistically to do gyms... and they can't hide their name. our neighbourhood is now ruined by even more mystics who already ruin huge areas with spoofing.

I just had to remove a level 7 instinct gym containing what looked like an accounted used to bubblestrat and a spoofer I reported a month ago. now 3 gyms are gone again and 2 of the 3 accounts in there seem to be the same person.. I mean honestly why don't Ninatic start clamping down on this, they ignore the vids of people cheating ignore the vids of people telling people how to cheat.
this is going to ruin the game completly, valor is strongest by a country mile, yet due to people passing through and being a weekend can't hold the gyms long enough, its bull. last time we had 6 different people from valor inside a gym wiped down from 6.... 1 day later back up to 7.. in that time 1 bot account and one spoofer took it, removing 2 different lots of valors.
one gym is outside a park, asnd that means I can't even bother to take that because the gym removing douchebag teamate will remove my pokemon for its own anyway.

and what are the chances, remove all that from gym, find a Lapras just randomly on a spawn point over someones house, a good 50m from any pokestop, wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't found it, loop around filling up gyms. find an 82% high level cloyster with its best moveset at a pokestop near where the Lapras was, about 1 hour later.

Last edited:
Basically, it's about the fact if it was not 10 pm at night, and was not raining, and/or the gym was by where I could park my car, and play from in it, then I would not cheat.

I think you are referring to people that teleport to entire other towns and just take up 10 gyms.

And I think for those rural players they should be able to snipe because they can't really play the game otherwise. And like you said they quit. Who knows, maybe you don't cheat because you mentioned all of the Pokestops Local to you to get healing items, so you can get revives, max potions,, and gyms nearby. When things are easier, you tend to cheat less. If you were able to catch 12 dragons in less than a year, that is over 1 per month. That's not even that bad. Some people cheat because their biomes will never give Them a Dragon.

Remember if you live in a rural area with few Pokestops, it's hard to replenish Pokeballs, let alone anything else like an evolution item, or revives...

Justified based on the limitations of the game: your locations determines likelihood of success; gyms, pokestops, largest team in the area (your own or enemies), and of course biomes to find strong Pokémon in the first place. Many people just find shitty Pokémon like Pinsir and Taurus and don't get Rhydon/Rhyhorns, Snorlax, Dragonite, etc. in their area. Even if they get Eevee, it may not be very good and may evolve into a flareon instead of Vaporeon, which loses to Rhydon/Tyranitar/Gyarados/Dragonite/Vaporeon in a gym.

Could you imagine being in a team, which you cannot change color, only to find out that the gyms are dominated by the 2 other teams? Even if you manage to win, who else will strengthen you gym so it doesn't get taken over?
So you would imply I would tend to cheat if I live out there? My home is in suburban away from where I live and I had my share there with only one stop to walk around 1 km. Still won't as it is as if a religion to me. And I see some people who do as well (or just lack English to cheat, but a few don't).

If one has their own area, at least the competition is still even. When something not native to it invades... there, you have people screaming in pain. At least I am not native to that place (just about to leave back as I write this) and sufficiently armed and supplied to liberate two towers. With maxed walls.

Heh, I did get the experience of being minority team there. Still won't stop me from believing. Gym are also meant to be challenged, and that's what I'll still do, coins are just bonus to me next to the excitement of battling. And at least because of chance to still retaliate team asymmetry with pure honesty is still better than stagnation of dubious origin.

Bah, I'll have to choose to buddy Lappie to break dragons or still keep upping the big mon....

I'll be honest here. I did cheat ahead once before with same justification, but as a punishment fate made me break my tablet before I get the just banhammer. And I read the postings around TSR, lots of English, and realised the damage I have caused. I bore the sin of enforcing stagnation and making hell on honest players. So I started a new life and never looked back, fighting cheaters of all sorts (ugh multi) to help the honest. At least my tablet got fixed....
Heck, even scanners... that's why minimal it's around 3k in stagnant gyms around....

If a game is too difficult for you, maybe you shouldn't play it rather than cheating your way and make even more hell for those who could have still had the fun.

shame the arsehole round here doesn't see this, random instinct coward grey gymming for no reason, trying to bubblestrat and spoof. cant even report the grey gym guy because I don't know who it is,m but they have just trashed everything for no reason other then to be a dick.

I have limited time and still have time to claim for 10 gyms, even with spoofers and lowlifes trying to ruin the area, why can't they go smash the level 10s that are ruining an area that is supposed to be competitive?

http://imgur.com/sG46dBL
http://imgur.com/uQLQ2El

these 2 less then 100m apart an hour apart.... Cloyster is 82% as well, Lapras got caught in a first ball critical capture as well \o/

yes but here they are ruining my area. I had to take out an instinct level 7 gym, in a gym that is usually competitive, this after 3 level 10 gyms have been removed and left to grey, amongst others, gyms that are level 10 because no one attacked them, 1 had been level 9-10 for months because it was on a road that was off the main road, and the phone signal was fairly laggy (fairly large road still) and hardly anything up there, another was a Church practically surrounded by a road junction so not really that easy a hit, and another built up because its got people waiting for things like trams and buses, and our team is completely dominant.
oh and that level 7 was bubblestrat (well I killed the bottom psyduck in 1 hit), why even do that? why smash 3 level 10 gyms and ruin an area of legit players? when there is a park nearer to where instinct have gyms, that is basically 7-8 level 10 gyms with at least a few spoofers, and trespassers? these gyms are ruining the game for more people then a few gyms built by local people, instead the chose to ruin even more area... really wish some other spoofers would come along and smash THEIR gyms, to grey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)