ASB Monotype Tournament: Round 2

ASB Monotype Tournament
Hosts:
Exclaimer, Smashlloyd20

Battle Rules
Bring 4, Pick 3 Singles.
You PM 4 pokemons to the ref from your team, but the battle will be 3vs3 singles. You will choose and send out your mons as the battle develops.
72 Hour DQ, 1 Warning (On May 29th, DQ will be reduced to 48 hours. On June 29th, the round will be ended and the next round will begin.)
Switch = OK
Abilities:
All
Items: All
Subsitutions: 3
Megas: 1
Z-Moves: 1
Infinite Recoveries/Chills
Turn Order:
Coin Flip
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
Ubers Rule:
Each type has an Ubers list. You may only use one of those Pokemon per match. NOTE: This would mean that you can only send in 1 mon from that list per match.
Special Rule: Pokemon are equipped on send-in, similar to how Anime-Style Simulator challenges work.
Special Rule #2: The Gym League rules on Megas is in effect. A mega may be used as long as it shares a type with the gym. Pokemon that mega evolve into a Pokemon with the right type can only be used in their mega evolved form, and enter the field mega evolved (see: Mega Lopunny in Fighting). Pokemon that lose the proper type on mega evolution may not be used (see: Mega Aggron in Rock).
Special Rule #3: Silvally can be used, but it must hold the Memory associated with the typing of the team, unless you are Normal, in which case, you cannot use a Memory. Silvally will be immune to any item-changing/removing effect if it is holding a Memory item, and Knock Off will get a boosted BAP against a Silvally holding a Memory.

Bug: Aurumoth, Mega Heracross
Dark: Sableye (and Mega), Greninja, Colossoil
Dragon: Mega Charizard X, Druddigon, Dragonite
Electric: Eelektross, Vikavolt
Fairy: Mr. Mime, Mega Mawile, Mega Gardevoir
Fighting: Mega Lucario, Gallade (and Mega), Conkeldurr
Fire: None
Flying: Mega Charizard Y, Dragonite, Togekiss
Ghost: Sableye (and Mega), Gengar (and Mega), Kitsunoh
Grass: None
Ground: Colossoil, Mega Camerupt
Ice: None
Normal: Mega Kangaskhan, Kecleon, Ditto
Poison: Gengar (and Mega), Mega Venusaur
Psychic: Gallade (and Mega), Gardevoir (and Mega), Aurumoth
Rock: None
Steel: Mega Mawile, Mega Metagross, Bronzong
Water: Greninja, Mega Gyarados, Volkraken

Also stealing these rules:
LOA Rules:
1)
If your LoA makes you unable to post we will wait up to 4 days. The longer the wait the smaller my patience if you keep pulling that card, so I reserve the right of rescinding it. LoAs without a defined ETA will be read as 3 days. that is per instance. You can't pull it in a row without first dealing with your current orders.
2) If your LoA is of the "will be busier" type, you will get +24h extension until it is over. Maximum time for its duration is 15 days (so during those 15 days you get 24h extra time on your posts). The longer the wait the smaller my patience if you keep pulling that card, so I reserve the right of rescinding it. You can't pull it in a row without first dealing with your current orders.
3) If you have good reasons and your match is well advanced, those rules might be excepted. But don't count on it

Battle Rewards
Winner: 5 CC, 5 UC
Loser: 5 CC
Ref: [Regular Rewards]*1.5

Round 2 and all future rounds will be a single elimination bracket, randomly generated with no seeding whatsoever. I feel the previous round's promise of "Seeding based on score" was completely irrelevant from how many DQ's and forcibly ended matches there were. It also resulted in some unavoidable duplicate matches.

Here are your matchups:

[Ref: S0L1D G0LD] ZhengTann (Rock) vs EndlessAge (Steel)
[Ref: Smashlloyd20] Yoshiblaze (Electric) vs Elevator Music (Grass)
[Ref: Toon] Gale Wing Srock (Water) vs Frosty (Steel)
[Ref: Toon] zarator (Electric) vs Birkal (Dragon)
[Ref: JjayyFeather] deadfox081 (Steel) vs Dogfish44 (Ghost)
[Ref: Exclaimer] Toon (Flying) vs S0L1D G0LD (Dark)
[Ref: Maxim] smashlloyd20 (Fire) vs acidphoenix (Fighting)
[Ref: Elevator Music] Complications (Water) vs P2X7 (Bug)

Other notes:

Please use "[Monotype R1] Player (Type) vs Player (Type)" for your match titles.

You have until 11:59 PM, Central Standard Time (UTC - 5), April 30th, to send in. You will be given a 48 hour warning, and if you do not send in by that time, you will be disqualified.

If your ref has not put up the match by the end of May 2nd, send the teams to Exclaimer and she will ref them.

And lastly...

Good luck, battlers!

Link to round 1

Last edited:
I did post a bracket in Discord earlier and that has been scrapped because it was seeded based on the last round's results and resulted in some duplicate matches. This bracket should no longer be the case.

Have fun y'all.

Ah I never got highlighted here before, will send in ASAP

EDIT: Already sent btw

Last edited:
Smogon needs to get its tagging system fixed. Extending deadline to 11:59 PM, Central Standard Time (UTC - 5), May 4th, though please try to send in ASAP.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Uhm, I can't keep up with tours when I can only post in weekends. Also, fighting Steels with Rock is a hefty consultation bill for the psychiatrist, so can I just forfeit and let Endless advance? Thanks, and sorries!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)